Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me (398 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman's Daughter, Divine, Conducts Deliverance In Church / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by Intrepid01(m): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2020
Hello Pastors in the house, pls I’ve been born again for 6years now but yet to perform water baptism.

The church I attend mandates that one completes a 6months class before you can be enrolled for baptism, which isn’t convenient for me. Meanwhile from what I’ve read in the Bible and even seen abroad, a new believer is to be baptized immediately after accepting Christ, but I understand sha this is Nigeria and must be difficult. From all I’ve seen abroad, they don’t delay in baptizing new converts.

PLS IF YOU KNOW ANY PASTOR THAT CONDUCTS WATER BAPTISM, I NEED HIS/HER CONTACT, as I would like to be baptized earnestly. I reside in Lagos. Thank you.
Re: In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by aaking(m): 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
Baptism comes with humility,
it comes with obedience,
it comes with Total Submission .

When someone gain admission into a university will he start writing exams without lectures because he had been admitted?

So don't compare Nigeria church with other countries church. Anybody can give his or her life to Christ but down through the line some did not genuinely come for Salvation but for evil motives.
Turkey is once a Christian nation before but the Christians then was asleep baptizing the wrong and evil ones thinking they are believers.

Please let the church put you through the lines so that you'll not fall out from the plan God has for you. God Bless you as you humble yourself before the Lord. Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by Righteousness89(m): 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
Nobody is an Expert of Baptism..

Any Bible Believing Church you go to, you will be required to go throug the classes tho it may not be for 6months and all that. That's quite long..

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by delkuf(m): 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2020
aaking:
it comes with obedience,

When someone gain admission into a university will he start writing exams without lectures because he had been admitted?

So don't compare Nigeria church with other countries church. Anybody can give his or her life to Christ but down through the line some did not genuinely come for Salvation but for evil motives.
Turkey is once a Christian nation before but the Christians then was asleep baptizing the wrong and evil ones thinking they are believers.

Please let the church put you through the lines so that you'll not fall out from the plan God has for you. God Bless you as you humble yourself before the Lord. Shalom
You should be baptized immediately you give your life to Christ. So don't say what you don't know
Re: In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by delkuf(m): 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2020
Intrepid01:
Hello Pastors in the house, pls I’ve been born again for 6years now but yet to perform water baptism.

The church I attend mandates that one completes a 6months class before you can be enrolled for baptism, which isn’t convenient for me. Meanwhile from what I’ve read in the Bible and even seen abroad, a new believer is to be baptized immediately after accepting Christ, but I understand sha this is Nigeria and must be difficult. From all I’ve seen abroad, they don’t delay in baptizing new converts.

PLS IF YOU KNOW ANY PASTOR THAT CONDUCTS WATER BAPTISM, I NEED HIS/HER CONTACT, as I would like to be baptized earnestly. I reside in Lagos. Thank you.
God will help you. where are you, so that I can link up with someone
Re: In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by Intrepid01(m): 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2020
delkuf:
God will help you. where are you, so that I can link up with someone
Yaba axis
Re: In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by Intrepid01(m): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
aaking:
it comes with obedience,

Thank you for your comment sir.

But how come new converts in the Bible were immediately baptized and even baptized with the Holy Spirit after they believed.
You see anything can be justified, I know there are reasons for the established process here in Nigeria. But c’mon why can’t we follow what’s in the Bible , as they do abroad?
Re: In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by Intrepid01(m): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2020
Righteousness89:
Nobody is an Expert of Baptism..

Any Bible Believing Church you go to, you will be required to go throug the classes tho it may not be for 6months and all that. That's quite long..

My brother why not immediately. I have read through the New Testament. I saw where people who have their life to Christ were baptized immediately, infact they were also baptized in the holy ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues without delay. All other teachings followed after those exercises were carried out. Why are we inventing protocols? If you go to western world, new converts are baptized without delay or any burden. Why is it different here?
Re: In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by aaking(m): 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2020
Intrepid01:

Thank you for your comment sir.

But how come new converts in the Bible were immediately baptized and even baptized with the Holy Spirit after they believed.
You see anything can be justified, I know there are reasons for the established process here in Nigeria. But c’mon why can’t we follow what’s in the Bible , as they do abroad?

Good question. In Matthew 28:19-20
19 Go ye therefore, and TEACH all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So the church must 1st teach before carrying out any Baptism. PLS adhere to the principles of the gospel. God Bless you

delkuf:
You should be baptized immediately you give your life to Christ. So don't say what you don't know

In Matthew 3:1-7. John the Baptist was preaching and teaching the people before any Baptism. Check verse 7
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Re: In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by Righteousness89(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2020
Intrepid01:

My brother why not immediately. I have read through the New Testament. I saw where people who have their life to Christ were baptized immediately, infact they were also baptized in the holy ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues without delay. All other teachings followed after those exercises were carried out. Why are we inventing protocols? If you go to western world, new converts are baptized without delay or any burden. Why is it different here?
My Brother you have good point but this is not Western World.

Secondly Most of the People who are in the class are new Converts who barely know their right from left. They need to put them through certain things to strengthen them..
Re: In Need Of A Pastor That Conducts Water Baptism For Me by aaking(m): 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2020
Intrepid01:

There is difference between Baptism of the Holy Spirit Acts1:8 and Baptism by water immersion . In Acts 9: 9 Paul was taught by the Lord Himself for 3days after which the Lord sent Ananias to Bless and Baptise him Acts9:18.
Your church may take 6months while other denominations use 1day ,1week,4 weeks .

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Want To Be Saved If You Are Not Sober? / Meet The Pastor From Africa Who Walks In The Air (video) / Bible Chapter On Oshomole.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.