Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

"Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina (3780 Views)

God Does Not Live In Heaven - Pastor Abel Damina (Video) / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) / Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
Controversial Nigeria preacher, Dr Abel Damina has argued against the practice of water Baptism that is being practiced by the Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9rWv0mM5TU

The founder of Abel Damina Ministries and Power City International Church in Uyo insisted that the practice of water Baptism should be discarded because it does hold any significance.

In arguing his position, the Pastor made reference to John the Baptist who Baptize Jesus.

According to him the sole purpose of water Baptism was when Jesus was about to begin his ministry and he needed John to announce him to the world through baptism.

"We are making reference to John the Baptist because he is the founder and originator of water Baptism. We are

John the Baptist's purpose of baptism is to announce Jesus. John himself said i indeed Baptize you with water but the mightier than I will Baptise you with the Holy Ghost. " Dr Abel said.

He went further to explain the basic significance of water and holy ghost in baptism. He said Jesus Christ has come to replace water with holy ghost.

" Today who is baptizing you?. Is it John or Jesus? If it is Jesus, He doesn't use water, Jesus use Holy Ghost. And if it is John, he uses water. Water is symbolic of the spirit.

He went further by quoting the book of John chapter seven verse 38 where the concept of the holy spirit is explained.

"When there was no holy Ghost they used water but the moment the Holy Ghost came water expired."

Dr Abel Damina also said people should stop believing that once they are Baptized they are automatically born again.

"There are many people in church today that are not born again. What they understand born again is water Baptism. They believe since they have been baptize they are born again and that is why we have a lot of false brethren."

https://ng.opera.news/ng/en/religion/amp/11992c92a6f13c44427e3362c65d0f37

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by chatinent: 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
Pharisees!

1 Like

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Illuminatiship(m): 10:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
Na weed dey worry this one..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by peteregwu(m): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Pastors like are not worth listening to. The bile calls them false prophet. Even jesus humbled himself and allowed John the baptist to baptise saying, "it is fulfil all righteousness". Which means baptism is part of righteousness which we have been commanded to obey.

Awon pastor to ti mu gbana ni eleyi na.

5 Likes

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
He should keep quiet
Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by vibre: 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
He doesn't know what he is saying
Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
“Father, forgive them, for they do not
know what they are saying.”
Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Supersami(m): 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2021
NA WA
Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
awesonjr:
The man tell you say im dey seek forgiveness? undecided

1 Like

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by paxonel(m): 12:20am On Nov 05, 2021
The essence of you being a Christian is for you to be saved. Water baptism has never saved anybody but only your believe in Christ do

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Just say the word which is to say that Jesus is the Christ that's all, you are saved.
All these long long religious rituals like baptism, confession to a priest etc are just formalities for people to see, and they do not save anyone. The main thing that matters is that your believe or faith in your heart which people don't see, that is the thing that saves

5 Likes

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by hupernikao: 12:28am On Nov 05, 2021
chatinent:
Tell him to talk and justify tithes and offering and see him bite his mouth.

Pharisees!

How do you know. Are you so full of assumptions? Know people before talking about them, that is a good virtue.

1 Like

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by hupernikao: 12:29am On Nov 05, 2021
peteregwu:
Pastors like are not worth listening to. The bile calls them false prophet. Even jesus humbled himself and allowed John the baptist to baptise saying, "it is fulfil all righteousness". Which means baptism is part of righteousness which we have been commanded to obey.

Is this a Christian defence to what he preached. If the early church do their defence like this, we will all be in hell by now.

3 Likes

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by hupernikao: 12:30am On Nov 05, 2021
Iyaebe:
He should keep quiet

Christian? This is a defence?

1 Like

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by hupernikao: 12:31am On Nov 05, 2021
awesonjr:

Is this how you will explain to a new convert that need such defence? Christian needs to start doing better than this.
Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Righteousness2(m): 12:55am On Nov 05, 2021
The things of GOD are not calculated or Permutated by mere Human understanding or Philosophies.

We Simply obey and Follow GOD'S Word rather than try to use our mere Human understanding to say this or that.

Listen! JESUS Christ is not coming for a Church of Grammarians and Philisophers.
JESUS Christ is Coming for the Church that is Obey and Follow HIS Words .

Water Baptism is Scriptural, Biblical and Important for one who has a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.

Eternity is too Serious to be joked with.
Run out from any place that is stylishly or Directly modifying or adulterating the Word of GOD, no matter his title or how Sophisticated.

4 Likes

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by xproducer: 1:25am On Nov 05, 2021
The man has a point... physical water baptism is symbolic / a sign pointing to the real washing away of our sins.

1. We are washed by the word of GOD (Romans 10:17)... the Word, the Logos (John1:1) is the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST - by and through Whom we are washed!

"There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him." - 1 Peter 3:21-22

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish." - Ephesians 5:25-27

"Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols." - Ezekiel 36:25

2. We are washed by precious blood of the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST -

"and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood" - Revelation 1:5

3. We are baptized (pouring or sprinkling on the head or by immersion) with the mighty Holy Spirit and fire

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." - Matthew 3:11 (Also Luke 3:16)

When we are truly saved by grace and baptized with the Holy Spirit by Whom we cry "Abba, Father" (Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:6) - "In an objective sense, the Holy Ghost fire resonates as an exclamation, a cry, an expression of hope, a beckon of a child unto his Father, a stammer of a harassed and confused ward for help. One calls on Him for purification, healing, protection from evil, promotion and surrender."

When we are baptized by fire we are tried! "Synonymous with a personal ordeal that someone went through. In Biblical and Christian references, a baptism by fire is also used to describe the martyrdom of an individual. ... In most cases, baptism by fire is still used as a wartime reference"

"But Jesus said to them, “You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?” They said to Him, “We are able.” So Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink the cup that I drink, and with the baptism I am baptized with you will be baptized; but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared.” -Mark 10:38-40 - "Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." - 2 Timothy 3:12

3 Likes

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Oksman(m): 1:44am On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
The things of GOD are not calculated or Permutated by mere Human understanding or Philosophies.

We Simply obey and Follow GOD'S Word rather than try to use our mere Human understanding to say this or that.

Listen! JESUS Christ is not coming for a Church of Grammarians and Philisophers.
JESUS Christ is Coming for the Church that is Obeying HIS Words .

Eternity is too Serious to be joked with.
Run out from any place that is stylishly or Directly modifying or adulterating the Word of GOD, no matter how Sophisticated.

I am highly disappointed that you believed this teaching of this unknown pastor. Christianity has never had it so bad. If baptism is useless as you agreed, please explain this teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ in Mathew 23:23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You pay a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, and yet you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy, and faithfulness. These things should have been done without neglecting the others. You can see that modern Pentecostalism is based on tithing which the above verse enjoins as not important, yet this form the bedrock on which these "pastors" hinge their messages on. I have always read your comments and believed you understand the scriptures until now.
Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Kobojunkie: 1:51am On Nov 05, 2021
xproducer:
The man has a point... physical water baptism is symbolic / a sign pointing to the real washing away of our sins.

1. We are washed by the word of GOD (Romans 10:17)... the Word, the Logos (John1:1) is the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST - by and through Whom we are washed!

"There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him." - 1 Peter 3:21-22

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish." - Ephesians 5:25-27

"Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols." - Ezekiel 36:25

2. We are washed by precious blood of the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST -

"and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood" - Revelation 1:5

3. We are baptized (pouring or sprinkling on the head or by immersion) with the mighty Holy Spirit and fire

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." - Matthew 3:11 (Also Luke 3:16)

When we are truly saved by grace and baptized with the Holy Spirit by Whom we cry "Abba, Father" (Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:6) - "In an objective sense, the Holy Ghost fire resonates as an exclamation, a cry, an expression of hope, a beckon of a child unto his Father, a stammer of a harassed and confused ward for help. One calls on Him for purification, healing, protection from evil, promotion and surrender."

When we are baptized by fire we are tried! "Synonymous with a personal ordeal that someone went through. In Biblical and Christian references, a baptism by fire is also used to describe the martyrdom of an individual. ... In most cases, baptism by fire is still used as a wartime reference"

"But Jesus said to them, “You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?” They said to Him, “We are able.” So Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink the cup that I drink, and with the baptism I am baptized with you will be baptized; but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared.” -Mark 10:38-40 - "Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." - 2 Timothy 3:12
Huh? undecided

According to Jesus Christ Himself, you have be born-again in order to enter into the Kingdom of God, a pivotal step in the process of Salvation process, and what does it mean to be born-again? It means to be born of water(baptized in water) and born of Spirit ( a birth of the Spirit kind). All this is explained clearly for all to know in John 3 vs 1 - 21, Jesus Christ's late evening conversation with Nicodemus. undecided

As for what it means to be baptized in water, well, John the Baptist explained that the baptism in water served as a mark that one has changed one's life from the old ways to a new way- a sign of repentance - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11. undecided

Jesus Christ never actually baptized anyone Himself so He couldn't have used this baptism to "wash away sins" as you claim. However, Jesus Christ did indeed make it perfectly clear that it was require for the transition from mere believer to born-again aka saved to be made complete...you cannot enter the Kingdom of God without it. undecided

Another thing Jesus Christ never did is He never even teaches that He came to "wash away sins". No, He died in fulfillment of the Old Law so that He may pay the ransom owed God by the lost sheep of Israel from the Old Covenant, but He never actually states that He washes away their sins. The one who washes away sins is God Himself, not Jesus Christ - Ezekiel 36 vs 23 - 27 & Ezekiel 36 vs 33 & Ezekiel 37 vs 23 - this He did several times in His Old Covenant and does again when one of those who belong to His Old Covenant choses to repent to follow Jesus Christ. . undecided

Again, Jesus Christ, forgives sins - through Jesus Christ we are able to do just that, but God alone washes away sins. undecided

You probably need to pay attention to what He actually did say on this subject so you are not there easily swayed by men and there many doctrines and traditions. undecided

1 Like

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by NNTR: 3:22am On Nov 05, 2021
xproducer:
The man has a point... physical water baptism is symbolic/a sign pointing to the real washing away of our sins.
Jesus wasn't discussing symbolism, but He actually was stating a brutal fact about human being births, and thereafter went to mention the two criteria for a human being needed to enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Kobojunkie:
what does it mean to be born-again? It means to be born of water (baptized in water) and born of Spirit ( a birth of the Spirit kind). All this is explained clearly for all to know in John 3 vs 1 - 21, Jesus Christ's late evening conversation with Nicodemus. undecided
'Born of water' figuratively speaking, is talking of water breaking, and refers to the breaking of the amniotic sac, which surrounds the baby and where the sac, contains amniotic fluid.

When this fluid in pregnant women's wombs, that surrounds a baby, passes and comes out of their bodies, it is indicating that the baby is ready to be born.

So that's exactly what born of water means. Birth. It doesnt mean, as you claim, baptized in water, because of the fact that, the baby in the first place, isnt or wasn't dipped into water

Nicodemus and Jesus are talking of births here. Nicodemus was talking of actual physical birth, while Jesus went beyond and above, to talk of not just only definite physical birth alone but also of actual spiritual birth as well too

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Kobojunkie: 3:37am On Nov 05, 2021
NNTR:
Jesus wasntt discussing symbolism, but He actually was stating a brutal fact about human being births, and thereafter went to mention the two criteria for a human being needed to enter the kingdom of Heaven.

'Born of water' figuratively speaking, is talking of water breaking, and refers to the breaking of the amniotic sac, which surrounds the baby and where the sac, contains amniotic fluid.

When this fluid in pregnant women's wombs, that surrounds a baby, passes and comes out of their bodies, it is indicating that the baby is ready to be born.

So that's exactly what born of water means. Birth. It doesnt mean, as you claim, baptized in water, because of the fact that, the baby in the first place, isnt or wasn't dipped into water

Nicodemus and Jesus are talking of births here. Nicodemus was talking of actual physical birth, while Jesus went beyond and above, to talk of not just only definite physical birth alone but also of actual spiritual birth as well too

undecided

Those who approach Jesus Christ first need to die to their old life before they can proceed towards the Kingdom of God. To gain access, they have to be reborn, given a new lease on life - born-again. It has nothing to do with your former birth - from your mother's womb - as Jesus Christ made clear to Nicodemus. undecided

Again...According to Jesus Christ Himself, you have be born-again in order to enter into the Kingdom of God, a pivotal step in the process of Salvation process, and what does it mean to be born-again? It means to be born of water(baptized in water) and born of Spirit ( a birth of the Spirit kind). All this is explained clearly for all to know in John 3 vs 1 - 21, Jesus Christ's late evening conversation with Nicodemus. undecided

As for what it means to be baptized in water, well, John the Baptist explained that the baptism in water served as a mark that one has changed one's life from the old way to new life - a sign of repentance - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11. undecided

Jesus Christ never actually baptized anyone Himself so He couldn't have used this baptism to "wash away sins" as you claim. However, Jesus Christ did indeed make it perfectly clear that it was require for the transition from mere believer to born-again aka saved to be made complete...you cannot enter the Kingdom of God without it. undecided

Another thing Jesus Christ never did is He never even teaches that He came to "wash away sins". No, He died in fulfillment of the Old Law so that He may pay the ransom owed God by the lost sheep of Israel from the Old Covenant, but He never actually states that He washes away their sins. The one who washes away sins is God Himself, not Jesus Christ - Ezekiel 36 vs 25 - 27 - this He did several times in His Old Covenant and does again when one of those who belong to His Old Covenant choses to repent to follow Jesus Christ. . undecided

Again, Jesus Christ, forgives sins - through Jesus Christ we are able to do just that, but God alone washes away sins. undecided

You probably need to pay attention to what He actually did say on this subject so you are not there easily swayed by men and there many doctrines and traditions. undecided

1 Like

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by NNTR: 4:03am On Nov 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
[s] undecided

Those who approach Jesus Christ first need to die to their old life before they can proceed towards the Kingdom of God. To gain access, they have to be reborn, given a new lease on life - born-again. It has nothing to do with your former birth - from your mother's womb. undecided

Again...According to Jesus Christ Himself, you have be born-again in order to enter into the Kingdom of God, a pivotal step in the process of Salvation process, and what does it mean to be born-again? It means to be born of water(baptized in water) and born of Spirit ( a birth of the Spirit kind). All this is explained clearly for all to know in John 3 vs 1 - 21, Jesus Christ's late evening conversation with Nicodemus. undecided

As for what it means to be baptized in water, well, John the Baptist explained that the baptism in water served as a mark that one has changed one's life from the old way to new life - a sign of repentance - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11. undecided

Another thing Jesus Christ never did is He never even teaches that He came to "wash away sins". No, He died in fulfillment of the Old Law so that He may pay the ransom owed God by the lost sheep of Israel from the Old Covenant, but He never actually states that He washes away their sins. The one who washes away sins is God Himself, not Jesus Christ - Ezekiel 36 vs 25 - 27 - this He did several times in His Old Covenant and does again when one of those who belong to His Old Covenant choses to repent to follow Jesus Christ. . undecided

You probably need to pay attention to what He actually did say on this subject so you are not there easily swayed by men and there many doctrines and traditions. undecided[/s]
John 3:5
Jesus answered,
“I assure you and most solemnly say to you,
unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God.

Stay focused on the discourse between Nicodemus and Jesus alone please.

Nicodemus was confused about how can a man be born when he is old?” and so asked Jesus:
'Can a man enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?'

It's at that point that Jesus, explained to Nicodemus, with this saying:
'I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God'

Every human being after having a natural birth, which is born of water, i.e. breaking of water, will need a spiritual birth, which is, be, born from above, in order to enter the kingdom of God.

Every human being have had the natural birth, however to enter the kingdom of God, requires, be born of Spirit. Thats the reality of what Jesus was passing on to Nicodemus. There's no two ways or many ways to that

Even, there wasn't any "wash away sins" talk, in any part of all the entire conversation that happened between Jesus and Nicodemus that night.

Now, consider carefully and unhurriedly, this below statement by Jesus and deliberate over why and what caused or prompted Jesus to say it the way He did:
'Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.'

It is one thing to see, but how about to enter? Let's just stick to the text in John 3:1-21, and do so, without introducing distractions

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Kobojunkie: 4:30am On Nov 05, 2021
NNTR:
John 3:5
Jesus answered,
“I assure you and most solemnly say to you,
unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God.

Stay focused on the discourse between Nicodemus and Jesus alone please.

Nicodemus was confused about how can a man be born when he is old?” and so asked Jesus:
'Can a man enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?'

It's at that point that Jesus, explained to Nicodemus, with this saying:
'I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God'

Every human being after having a natural birth, which is born of water, i.e. breaking of water, will need a spiritual birth, which is, be, born from above, in order to enter the kingdom of God.

Every human being have had the natural birth, however to enter the kingdom of God, requires, be born of Spirit. Thats the reality of what Jesus was passing on to Nicodemus. There's no two ways or many ways to that

Even, there wasn't any "wash away sins" talk, in any part of all the entire conversation that happened between Jesus and Nicodemus that night.

Now, consider carefully and unhurriedly, this below statement by Jesus and deliberate over why and what caused or prompted Jesus to say it the way He did:
'Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.'

It is one thing to see, but how about to enter? Let's just stick to the text in John 3:1-21, and do so, without introducing distractions

Again...undecided

Those who approach Jesus Christ first need to die to their old life before they can proceed towards the Kingdom of God. To gain access, they have to be reborn, given a new lease on life - born-again. It has nothing to do with your former birth - from your mother's womb - as Jesus Christ made clear to Nicodemus. undecided

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by NNTR: 4:43am On Nov 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
[s]Again...undecided

Again...According to Jesus Christ Himself, you have be born-again in order to enter into the Kingdom of God, a pivotal step in the process of Salvation process, and what does it mean to be born-again? It means to be born of water (baptized in water) and born of Spirit ( a birth of the Spirit kind). All this is explained clearly for all to know in John 3 vs 1 - 21, Jesus Christ's late evening conversation with Nicodemus. undecided

You probably need to pay attention to what He actually did say on this subject so you are not there easily swayed by men and there many doctrines and traditions. undecided[/s]
Stay focussed on John 3:1-21 alone and stop behaving like a prat or repetitive bot.

There isnt a single word nor any words about 'baptized in water', 'need to die to their old life', 'forgives sins', or even 'wash away sins' in the entirety of John 3:1-21

Ask yourself these questions.
Why did Nicodemus turn up in the dead of night to have a private audience with Jesus?
What was Nicodemus' opening remark?

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:47am On Nov 05, 2021
OP that's the man's PERSONAL opinion, what of yours? smiley
Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The man tell you say im dey seek forgiveness? undecided
he need it, cos his interpreting the Bible in a wrong way

2 Likes

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Goshen360(m): 5:41am On Nov 05, 2021
chatinent:
Tell him to talk and justify tithes and offering and see him bite his mouth.

Pharisees!

He doesn't teach tithing to believers neither doesn't he collect tithe from Christians. What are u talking about?
Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Goshen360(m): 5:52am On Nov 05, 2021
peteregwu:

What are u talking about? Righteousness is fulfilled by baptism? You must be joking!!! If Righteousness is by baptism, then Christ died in vain....we don't need Christ then so let's just be dipping ourselves into water and be Righteousness....see how that makes sense to you... angry

1 Like

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Goshen360(m): 5:59am On Nov 05, 2021
Unfortunately to the religious minds (those who worship but do not know what they worship) in Nigeria today, ABEL DAMINA IS STILL ONE OF THE BEST AND SOUND TEACHERS OF THE WORD when it comes to doctrines.

I just typed it in capital letter or uppercase just so you can read me very well.

2 Likes

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Kobojunkie: 6:12am On Nov 05, 2021
peteregwu:

Are you saying that because Jesus Christ commanded it, - water baptism- it's necessary then to fulfilling righteousness in submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Goshen360:

He doesn't teach tithing to believers neither doesn't he collect tithe from Christians. What are u talking about?

I asked for the OP's opinion on the subject so let me say mine!

Christianity is a way of life that connects the adherent to God {John 1:11-12} the young man from Nazareth claimed that it's impossible for anyone to get connected to the divine without Christianity {John 14:6} so Jesus said the first step after gaining the knowledge about God and Christ is water BAPTISM {Matthew 28:19} but what is the importance of water baptism?
Well Jesus' teachings is strange to everyone including his own people (Israelites) that's why many of his contemporaries reasoned that he was mad {John 10:20} even those who have been following him later turned back as they're confused about his utterances {John 6:66} but few people realized that everlasting life can be possible only through this man! John 6:68

So when Jesus COMMANDED that new converts must be baptized we need to ask for the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of this act.
Since Jesus' teachings is totally different from all other religious doctrines and many people detests those accepting this teachings {Matthew 10:22} the adherents needs to know individuals who wants to subject themselves to this line of thought so whenever anyone has dedicated his life to this course in the secret {Matthew 6:6} there is a necessity for a public declaration and that is symbolized by the WATER BAPTISM!

The Ethiopian Eunuch read Isaiah's prophecy about the Messiah (Christ) but couldn't grasp the person Isaiah was talking about, Philip approached him and enlighten him but Philip never missed the necessary act to signify that this Ethiopian Eunuch is fully prepared to live his life in harmony with Jesus' teachings, he talked to him about baptism and when they got to a body of water the man instantly asked Philip to baptize him.
God's Holy Spirit directed Philip to this Ethiopian Eunuch and it's through their discussion that Philip convinced him about baptism in the name of the father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
Please if water baptism is not necessary Philip who was filled with the spirit won't teach the Ethiopian nor go ahead BAPTIZING him with WATER! Act 8:26-40

GOD bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

2 Likes

Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:
Is this how you will explain to a new convert that need such defence? Christian needs to start doing better than this.
Who send you this "defence" work wey you dey talk self? Where God tell you im send anyone out to go give Christian defense? undecided

Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun
Please move this to fp abeg!
Re: "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina by hupernikao: 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Who send you this "defence" work wey you dey talk self? Where God tell you im send anyone out to go give Christian defense? undecided

Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun
Please move this to fp abeg!

I am not talking to you, I am talking to people like me, who believe in what bible says not one who cherry pick what suit him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Tribute To Rev. John Mark Ikpiki / Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid / Celebrating The Christ In Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.