Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria (23371 Views)

Buhari Fires Board Heads Of NCC, NIPOST, NITDA, Others; Makes New Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by uuzba(m): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2020
TO

Are we still doing "TO" in this country?
Everything is about TO start.
Which one has started na!?
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2020
Future impossible tense

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by greggng: 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
hisgrace090:
Good one if they'll stop tampering with people's goods.
f

How can you expect a hungry man to stop stealing

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
Let's see how it goes. Abi no be 9ja again?

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by uuzba(m): 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
hisgrace090:
Na the people's goods gan-gan wey dem dey find..
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Benwallt(m): 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
Looters.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by SweetCunt97(f): 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
Took them 2 freaking months to deliver my order after Aliexpress don refund me the money finish. So painful
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by TheSparrow: 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2020
There are several businesses you can start and run profitably in Nigeria. Below are four that readily comes to mind:

1. Rice Milling: One of the best businesses one can venture into in Nigeria today is parboiled rice production (Rice Milling).

Nigerians currently consume over 5 million metric tons, which is equivalent to over 100 million 50Kg bags of rice annually. With the current population growth rate of Nigeria, the consumption of rice is estimated to reach about 35 million metric tons (700 million 50Kg bags) by the year 2050.

There is high demand for rice in Nigeria. With a population of over 180 million people and an estimated national population growth rate of 5.7% per annum ,an average economic growth rate of 3.5% per annum in the past five {5} years, Nigeria has a large and growing market for rice.

As it stands, the current producers of good quality rice in the country cannot even meet up to 50% of the current demand. This is the reason why the market is flooded with poorly produced and low quality rice.

New entrants into the rice milling industry that can produce good quality parboiled rice will have an evergreen market waiting to be sold to.

2. Drinking Water Production: Another good business that does very well in Nigeria is drinking water production (Bottled water and Sachet Water).

The growth of the middle class in Africa in general, and Nigeria to be specific, has led to a need for hygienically produced and well packaged food products like bottled water.

The market for packaged water is high and cut across all parts of the country. With a population of over one hundred and eighty million (180,000,000) people, and an estimated national population growth is 5.7% per annum, Nigeria has a large and sustainable market for packaged water.

3. Poultry Farming: Poultry farming is yet another business that gives good returns on investment.

Poultry farming has risen to become one of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria today. This aspect of livestock farming, if set-up and managed properly, provides legitimate continuous income for entrepreneurs within a short period of time. There are over 160 million consumers in Nigeria and over one billion in Africa. This provides a large, growing and sustainable market for poultry farmers in Nigeria, and Africa in general.

4. Pounded Yam Flour Production: Pounded yam flour is another product that you can chose the invest in its production.

Pounded yam is a popular delicacy produced from boiled yam tubers, and is consumed by many people across Africa. However, a lot of people, especially the middle class find it difficult to prepare pounded yam the traditional way which involves boiling yam, pounding it in a mortar using a piston, until it becomes a succulent dough.

The growth of the middle class in Africa in general, and Nigeria to be specific, has led to a need for hygienically processed, easy to prepare and well packaged food products like yam flour.

You can read more about these businesses via the links below:

1. Rice Milling Business In Nigeria

2. Bottled Water Production In Nigeria

3. Starting A Poultry Farming Business In Nigeria

4. Pounded Yam flour production in nigeria

Wishing you all the best in your quest.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by SweetCunt97(f): 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2020
GoshenNLA:
NIPOST don die since letter writing is out of vogue
Lets settle this once and for all
Like for Whatsapp, share for Nipost
People receive goods from China there jarey. Takes forever sha
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Vixlot: 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2020
joelbooks:
more jobs for Nigerians
Hmmmmm
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by LaboPolitics: 10:34pm On Sep 08, 2020
Lol.. NIPOST wey their workers dey fry akara and Akamu inside office.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:35pm On Sep 08, 2020
I remember the good old days of letter writing. ......words like "ditto..., let me drop my pen in the basket of love "...

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by highbee02: 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
NIPOST is useless just like letter P in the word Psychology. I sent an application letter to Abuja via EMS on 28th August, 2020 and up till now the document is yet to get to its destination at Dei-Dei, Abuja after paying the sum of #2,465. Several calls have been put through the customer's care line, it's been one flimsy excuse or the other. Useless agency, I will visit the Ilorin office tomorrow, My envelope and my money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by pacespot(m): 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
Good, I hope this will help online transaction and shipping and delivery process?
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by nedekid: 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2020
BrandSpurNG:

https://brandspurng.com/2020/09/08/nipost-to-open-10000-smart-offices-across-nigeria/
Na today? We will do this we will do that, metcheew.
Items I ordered on aliexpress February till today never arrived. Aliexpress had to give me a refund.
The one I ordered last arrived in the country since the 24th of last month. It took less than 10 days to reach naija from China thousands of miles away. For nipost to deliver from Ikeja Airport post office to ipaja post office, less than 5 miles away, 14 days has passed nothing. I called nipost today and they said it was not yet in the country!
At the rate we are going aliexpress will soon ban Nigeria because their sellers have to refund regularly to customers who might eventually receive the goods months later.
Why must our own be different? If local entrepreneurs device a way to deliver goods more efficiently, nipost will bring their big head to say they are "regulating" and want to impose fines or taxes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2020
michealdeco:
Long overdue

The rate at which we lose stuffs sent from AliExpress to nipost is extremely annoying

I mean you'll buy a stuff that'll pass through international postals without stories
Once it is handled by nipost, cock and bull and rat story go come join

Plus they shouldn't just focus on letter, they should also up their game on courier service and also update the NIPOST website to effectively track orders

Their offices are mostly understaffed which leads to laziness due to work load. ( I can't come and kill myself "a staff said this to me 2days ago when I went for my package)
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by nedekid: 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
I remember the good old days of letter writing. ......words like "ditto..., let me drop my pen in the basket of love "...
Lol. You be real valentine grin

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by soundlala: 10:45pm On Sep 08, 2020
Nigeria govt and words are like a play boy trying to bang a chick.

if u know u know

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by 11Anonymous(m): 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2020
AliExpress will soon ban shipping to Nigeria and I will not surprised when it happens.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by iswallker(m): 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2020
And the US is delivering absentee ballots by mail. Drugs to elderly by mail - almost anything and everything by mail - and nipost is collapsing. undecided

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Exponental(m): 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
Instead of you to convert it to something else, you keep wasting money on Nipost. Abeg, use all of their offices as NEMA office, police station or fire station.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Tedpgrass: 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2020
BrandSpurNG:

https://brandspurng.com/2020/09/08/nipost-to-open-10000-smart-offices-across-nigeria/

Looks like a white elephant project...

Why not develop the 3000 sites to be the best they can be..
The generated income can then be re-invested to open more sites..

But let's analyse this deeply......... shocked shocked

Will other courier firms like FedEx, money platforms such as Western Union, Moneygram... be still and watching you.. They'll snuff your fudgy competition out in a jiffy..

These guys are trying to compete against other fintech coys with less overheads.. Given the digital age.

Omu alabi please wake up and stop borrowing business formats which are failing in their different current domiciles..

This idea will work in under-served rural communities with limited banking and telephone services

Abi u no hear say Royal mail is already struggling..

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2020
Dead Parastatal.

Another way to steal the nation dry.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 08, 2020
hisgrace090:
hahahaha.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
They no fit run one office. No mind them.
Tedpgrass:

Looks a white elephant project...

Why not develop the 3000 sites to be the best they can be..
The generated income can then be re-invested to open more sites..

But let's analyse this deeply......... shocked shocked

Will other courier firms like FedEx, money platforms such as Western Union, Moneygram... be still and watching you.. They'll snuff your fudgy competition out in a jiffy..

These guys are trying to compete against other fintech coys.. Given the digital age.

Omu alabi please wake up and stop borrowing business formats which are failing in their different current domiciles..

This idea will work in undeserved rural communities with limited banking and telephone services

Abi u no hear say Royal mail is already struggling..

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by dbestuncle: 11:57pm On Sep 08, 2020
I wish I can advice NIPOST because reading this shows to me how uninformed and small minded the handlers of the agency are. Go overseas and u discover the answer. Understudy the great economy and u will the shocked that their post offices still function
BrandSpurNG:

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Ebenezer2021(m): 12:09am On Sep 09, 2020
hisgrace090:
flyingpig:
good one too. Cause many Nigerians are now ditching NIPOST to use FedEX, DHL, and co.
Nipost is no longer serving it's purpose.
Majority if not all Nigerians are using UPS, FEDEX AND DHL though costly but your packages are assured
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 09, 2020
My packages took a while but they delivered it to my door I was impressed although it was way past the 90 days guarantee the issue with Nipost is the offices are outdated and they actually need sorting machines and departments that handle deliveries.

They also need More staff for sorting and deliveries we have to realize that there are many of us now it’s not like the olden days they should learn from other express companies and how they really pump money into the logistics aspect.

They should be barcodes and scanning the shipments even having you sign for delivery

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Awards #31bn Niger Delta Road Contract / President Buhari Next To Resign After Zuma's Resignation - FFK Mocks Buhari / Keyamo Disagreed With Lagos Assembly On How Tinubu Was Cleared (

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.