Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,345 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria (23373 Views)

Buhari Fires Board Heads Of NCC, NIPOST, NITDA, Others; Makes New Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by revolt(m): 1:09am On Sep 09, 2020
Govt of we shall, we will, to. Plans to.....NEVER DOING ANYTHING. ALWAYS PLANNING TO.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by ajaymina(m): 1:16am On Sep 09, 2020
nedekid:

Na today? We will do this we will do that, metcheew.
Items I ordered on aliexpress February till today never arrived. Aliexpress had to give me a refund.
The one I ordered last arrived in the country since the 24th of last month. It took less than 10 days to reach naija from China thousands of miles away. For nipost to deliver from Ikeja Airport post office to ipaja post office, less than 5 miles away, 14 days has passed nothing. I called nipost today and they said it was not yet in the country!
At the rate we are going aliexpress will soon ban Nigeria because their sellers have to refund regularly to customers who might eventually receive the goods months later.
Why must our own be different? If local entrepreneurs device a way to deliver goods more efficiently, nipost will bring their big head to say they are "regulating" and want to impose fines or taxes.

Please do broadcast this information tagging NIPOST and necessary agencies on TWITTER and other global social media platforms...

NIPOST is now synonymous to STEALING.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by frog12: 1:32am On Sep 09, 2020
another way to WASTE money. the banks are there for many of these services.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Uchepele(m): 1:39am On Sep 09, 2020
hisgrace090:
Good one if they'll stop tampering with people's goods.
yes oo
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by frog12: 1:39am On Sep 09, 2020
NIPOST is another NITEL.

Ebenezer2021:

Nipost is no longer serving it's purpose.
Majority if not all Nigerians are using UPS, FEDEX AND DHL though costly but your packages are assured
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Sterope(f): 1:39am On Sep 09, 2020
Why do we still have NIPOST?
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:14am On Sep 09, 2020
Good as planned though we are don't always do things right according to how excellently they are planned in this country due to corruption and bribery.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by AristocraticMe: 2:38am On Sep 09, 2020
Nice step in the right direction
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by ceaser: 2:43am On Sep 09, 2020
michealdeco:

Plus they shouldn't just focus on letter, they should also up their game on courier service and also update the NIPOST website to effectively track orders

They are into courier services too; I mean they aren't doing badly. Using NIPOST services you can move your entire goods if you are changing location as long as it's within Nigeria. They will come to your house to pack the loads and deliver it intact at your new residential address. I have myself sent a few packages (solar batteries included) using their courier services. They could improve on their services though.

That being said, sabotage is what kills government businesses in this country. Lack of patriotism is what fuels the sabotage. Leaders, directors in ministries down to the lowest cadre handle government business with so much lackadaisical attitude and even the little profit that is made is looted by same.

POS that is all over the place today was an idea originally hatched by NIPOST. The plan was to have everu post office nationwide as POS points for people to send and receive money, make payments and do a lot of other online transactions. POS machines have been purchased for the purpose but somehow one useless person or groups of person sabotaged the effort and idea and decided to prevent the take off of that venture. It even seems the POS machines were eventually sold out to the public and such machines were the first set to be used for private POS businesses across the country.

So I won't be surprised if similar fate befalls this idea.

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by just2endowed: 2:50am On Sep 09, 2020
helinues:
How are they maintaining their current outlet Nationwide? undecided

Would rather use FedEx, Ups or DHL than Nipost...

Nipost are more experienced in the logistics business and they do deliver because I have been using them since 2015.
The problem is that, the staff can milk you dry if you dont stand your ground that this is what you can pay.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Eddygre8(m): 5:48am On Sep 09, 2020
Nice initiative
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Ikinternational: 5:59am On Sep 09, 2020
datola:
Smart offices to be occupied by dull post office workers.

Deep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by 2cribz: 6:37am On Sep 09, 2020
A package i got,was tampered with. I was so mad cause the company glue wey dem use,no dey naija. I had to send it to a friend at a loss
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by sulaak(m): 6:46am On Sep 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin

The Nigeria Postal Services (NIPOST) is set to open 10,000 smart offices across the country

Nigeria governement is stupid. In the era of electronic supply chain an logistics NIPOST intend to open 10,000 "smart office" . Either they want to steal money or they haven''t got a clue on how Amazon, DHL and FEDX operate and manage distribution.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by FOXDOSSIER: 6:48am On Sep 09, 2020
Ok good but telegram, email and WhatsApp has taken large churnk of their job
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by 6digitscomrade: 7:26am On Sep 09, 2020
flyingpig:
good one too. Cause many Nigerians are now ditching NIPOST to use FedEX, DHL, and co.
u must be a toddler to use they are now instead of they have����because if you were aware of the facts and also aware that nipost already passed stages of rigomotis and now in advanced stages of decomposition you won’t have said such lol..
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Enyimbamercedes: 7:38am On Sep 09, 2020
An organization with a backward culture cannot open smart offices!!

There is what is called organizational culture and that of NIPOST is still trapped in the 70’s!! Go to any post office and see for yourself! Very grumpy staff, you need to back up receiving a parcel with prayer, you go their offices and ask if your parcel has arrived then they whip out hard cover book and start going line-by-line! Some will send you to the back room to look for yourself.

Revamp the entire organization and not just opening 10,000 more dead places

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by cellins: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2020
why not convert the old offices to the supposed smart offices.

meanwhile if u need business consultation especially in areas like feasibility report writing, business and marketing planning, online data survey, marketing research, financial planning and analysis and budget preparation, contact Mr. Ned Cellins @ 09039614273 or nedcellins@gmail.com
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by davillian(m): 8:08am On Sep 09, 2020
Thieves....
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Tonysmith4sure(m): 8:55am On Sep 09, 2020
michealdeco:
Long overdue

The rate at which we lose stuffs sent from AliExpress to nipost is extremely annoying

I mean you'll buy a stuff that'll pass through international postals without stories
Once it is handled by nipost, cock and bull and rat story go come join

Plus they shouldn't just focus on letter, they should also up their game on courier service and also update the NIPOST website to effectively track orders
If you know the right way to go about it, you won't lose even a pin. I have been using NIPOST to receive goods for almost 10years now.

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Tonysmith4sure(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
An organization with a backward culture cannot open smart offices!!

There is what is called organizational culture and that of NIPOST is still trapped in the 70’s!! Go to any post office and see for yourself! Very grumpy staff, you need to back up receiving a parcel with prayer, you go their offices and ask if your parcel has arrived then they whip out hard cover book and start going line-by-line! Some will send you to the back room to look for yourself.

Revamp the entire organization and not just opening 10,000 more dead places
Depends on the office you went to. Now u can track ur mail all the way from origin to delivery. Am a witness bro and am still into it

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by crafteck(m): 9:06am On Sep 09, 2020
Too late for them to wake up... Fools
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by femijay8271(m): 10:28am On Sep 09, 2020
nedekid:

Na today? We will do this we will do that, metcheew.
Items I ordered on aliexpress February till today never arrived. Aliexpress had to give me a refund.
The one I ordered last arrived in the country since the 24th of last month. It took less than 10 days to reach naija from China thousands of miles away. For nipost to deliver from Ikeja Airport post office to ipaja post office, less than 5 miles away, 14 days has passed nothing. I called nipost today and they said it was not yet in the country!
At the rate we are going aliexpress will soon ban Nigeria because their sellers have to refund regularly to customers who might eventually receive the goods months later.
Why must our own be different? If local entrepreneurs device a way to deliver goods more efficiently, nipost will bring their big head to say they are "regulating" and want to impose fines or taxes.

hello bro, can I av ur contact pls?
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by Boyslick(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2020
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by nedekid: 10:40am On Sep 09, 2020
femijay8271:

hello bro, can I av ur contact pls?
Hmm. Would have loved to give you my contact but you need to understand my plight, this is a faceless forum. I do not know if you are dss, sss, police, army, airforce or mannabbqgrill's goons (he has threatened me).
Anyway thanks for asking. grin

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by nedekid: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Took them 2 freaking months to deliver my order after Aliexpress don refund me the money finish. So painful
If we are not careful aliexpress will ban Nigeria because of nipost and its delays.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by femijay8271(m): 11:15am On Sep 09, 2020
nedekid:

Hmm. Would have loved to give you my contact but you need to understand my plight, this is a faceless forum. I do not know if you are dss, sss, police, army, airforce or mannabbqgrill's goons (he has threatened me).
Anyway thanks for asking. grin

Alright I got that but I just want u to put me through on how to buy stuffs online and how I can get it here in 9ja without issues
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by SweetCunt97(f): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
nedekid:

If we are not careful aliexpress will ban Nigeria because of nipost and its delays.
Haaa, pls o. People dey use that thing scam them. Cos if u paid 20k for a product and they wanna refund, na current exchange rate dem dey use. So u fit get like 27k in return.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by nedekid: 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2020
femijay8271:

Alright I got that but I just want u to put me through on how to buy stuffs online and how I can get it here in 9ja without issues
Oh OK great.
Download the aliexpress app.
Its easy, have your debit card available. The first time you buy stuff, your card info is stored on the app. Subsequent transaction is done automatically.
When you order for stuff, just put your address. Nipost will call you once it gets here. I have a guy at ipaja post office that brings it to my house. All I give is N500. 300 for nipost and 200 for his transport.
While shopping you may choose items with free shipping.
Its just like buying on jumia. You see 1 product with different stores offering different prices. Some with free shipping. So its for you to search.
The great thing about aliexpress is that you cannot loose your money. Their refund policy is the highest. If you do not get you order by the expected day, you open a dispute and get a refund into your debit card within hours unlike jumia etc.
The major issue is sometimes nipost delays in delivering your stuff, but rest assure you will get a refund if missing in transit.
Write back if you have any issues.
Happy shopping.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by nedekid: 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Haaa, pls o. People dey use that thing scam them. Cos if u paid 20k for a product and they wanna refund, na current exchange rate dem dey use. So u fit get like 27k in return.
Haba. I don't think that can work. See the below breakdown.

If you paid them

$10 for an item @N380/$1= N3800

After 1 month fx has changed and you demand a refund eg

$10 for item @N480/$1= N 4800

There is a difference of N1k. The 1k is not a scam to them as their $10 is constant. It is your money that has lost value ie depreciated by 1k.

The instance I see Nigerians scamming aliexpress is when you order and insist you did not get the items after the dispute period. They then give you a refund. You keep your money and the product.
One time, the day I was meant to get refund nipost brought my order. I had to tell them to stop the refund. See the thanking they gave me grin

If Nigerians keep insisting they do not get their orders due to nipost or fraud, over time aliexpress will stop taking our orders.
Re: NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria by femijay8271(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2020
nedekid:

Oh OK great.
Download the aliexpress app.
Its easy, have your debit card available. The first time you buy stuff, your card info is stored on the app. Subsequent transaction is done automatically.
When you order for stuff, just put your address. Nipost will call you once it gets here. I have a guy at ipaja post office that brings it to my house. All I give is N500. 300 for nipost and 200 for his transport.
While shopping you may choose items with free shipping.
Its just like buying on jumia. You see 1 product with different stores offering different prices. Some with free shipping. So its for you to search.
The great thing about aliexpress is that you cannot loose your money. Their refund policy is the highest. If you do not get you order by the expected day, you open a dispute and get a refund into your debit card within hours unlike jumia etc.
The major issue is sometimes nipost delays in delivering your stuff, but rest assure you will get a refund if missing in transit.
Write back if you have any issues.
Happy shopping.

Copied and saved! but am only interested in what u said about others couriers unlike this nipost of a thing.

Really appreciate this bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Awards #31bn Niger Delta Road Contract / How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria / Keyamo Disagreed With Lagos Assembly On How Tinubu Was Cleared (

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.