Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt (59833 Views)

Gana: Wantor Akwaza Demands 5 Billion Compensation From FG / Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender / Nigerian Army Kills 9 Social Media Influencers Who Work With Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by emmy4real94(m): 8:35am On Sep 09, 2020
omenka:
Katsina Ala will likely go up in flames again and the Tors, especially those who were present at the occasion, need to buffer their security. I'm afraid what this signposts for the security of Benue state.
Honestly scared.. this is my hometown and I'm at Katsina-Ala currently since the beginning of this school closure.. this is not good for the peace of this town!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by guy222: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2020
nairavsdollars:
He was granted amnesty but he returned to his old ways killing innocent people. His death serves him right. Kudos Nigerian Army
Gana has killed more fulani bandits in benue state more than the entire police and soldiers put together, ortom try everything possible to make him his political thug but gana refuse, very nice guy, he was a torn in the flesh of politician and police in benue state,

1 Like

Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Yujin(m): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2020
heendrix:

The real story is under George and Suswam the chief militia used to be Gana until Ortom entered and wanted him to stand down since he didn't trust his Loyalty to him as the Governor, there's this guy Ortom wanted to forcefully put in place of Gana, gana killed the guy instead then things turned sour between Gana and Ortom that Ortom placed bounty on his head and was always giving info to Army anytime he's spotted in a particular area. we knew how Army would come burn his house and even fly copters over Katsina ala

when the threat became too much he swore to kill Ortom but Suswam came in and told him to halt that intention that it'd not favour the tiv tribe if his deputy that happened to be an Idoma happen to be the Governor. Later during Ortom's first tenure Benue folks esp the Tiv started loosing interest in his government cause Fulani were killing in numbers and the man defending them (gana) was still still wanted to kill him at all means.(Mind you with this Gana was still defending his home town Katsina ala from Fulani attacks) Ortom left APC when he saw what his Fulani masters are trying to do to Benue, He joined PDP, tried to make peace with Gana and sent Elders to plead with Gana to forgive him twas then Peace started returning and Fulani herdsmen killing reduced drastically. it's what it's visible even to the blind when Ortom left apc Fulani killing reduced

So much hidden stories so you best believe when ur told he's not Ortom's boy
This is exactly how fulanis defeat blind ethnic groups who are unwise to continue intra-fighting. Sensing how the Tiv governor was against their own strong man, the fulanis invited their brothers to wipe them off such that even the Tor Tiv was forced out of his ancient palace. Ortom had to decamp from APC and attempt peace to curtail the terrorist fulanis.
The same goes to foolish Igbo governors and political jobbers like Rochas, Orji Uzor Kalu and the rest. Fools who think attacking IPOB to please the fulani run government of Nigeria will do them any good. Most of these governors are looking for the Senate seat after their gubernatorial tenures hence they don't want anything to dent it. This means they value their political careers above the good of their ethnic groups which means that they're of no value to their ethnic nation.
Back to the topic. If Ortom's hand is in Gana's death, he should be quick to raise his replacement who should be better manageable not to kill ethnic Tivs the way Gana did else he will regret doing what he did. If he's not involved, he should speak up now.
I don't wish to say it but fulanis may be back to Benue soon.

2 Likes

Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by toyinjimoh(m): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2020
Guyman02:
The guy was a hero to many Tiv communities because he was a torn on the flesh of Fulani militia killing people in Benue.
When many people warn Benue indigenes that they should cooperate with the South they still think they are part of Arewa.
Fulani herdsmen dreaded the guy and the security agents couldn't get him for years until he decided to answer the call of Gov Ortom.
Now I think the Fulani killers would move from Southern Kaduna back to Benue to resume their killing spree, Benue people should brace up for renewed herdsmen invasion.

He finished meeting with traditional rulers where arms were surrendered and they were moving to the Govt house when the Army snatched him and lied about a firefight with his militia.

The same Army which pampers repentant Boko Haram murdered the guy in cold blood and it's a shame that the governor who is supposed to be the chief security Officer of his state could not protect a citizen he just granted amnesty and former Abia state governor Orji Uzor Kalu is even asking his kinsman Nnamdi Kanu to come back to Nigeria and he thinks NK will ever trust Nigeria officials?
I knew the governor and the police officer were lying
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Danwakae(m): 8:37am On Sep 09, 2020
gurunlocker:
Seems it's now a norm to be paying killers or granting killers amnesty

Many of u don't know the real details... This guy is like the defender of the Tiv people in katsina Alla LGA, when lose trust on the security agencies same to the Fulani , gololo .

Now that they have killed Gana on Tiv side...Gololo also need to be killed on the Fulani part ...for fairness and justice , else , we are going to see another benue massacre by the Fulani. both in some part of Nasawara state and Taraba ...

1 Like

Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Fourwinds: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2020
heendrix:
Everyone knows how strong this guy used to be and how he used to hint at saying only God can kill him after Army and Ortom tried taya to kill him during his first tenure

Mann me still dey find am hard to believe it's gana o cause nigga was really an Hero to the Tiv tribe and Katsina ala dwellers in general how he really defended them and made Fulani killing stopped in Benue
it was Ortom who didn't cover him well after he agreed to surrender his arms and ammunition... Wike would have done better because he will follow that convoy

2 Likes

Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by omenka(m): 8:38am On Sep 09, 2020
emmy4real94:
Honestly scared.. this is my hometown and I'm at Katsina-Ala currently since the beginning of this school closure.. this is not good for the peace of this town!
When we talk, some other people who've never ventured out of their 2 square mile cocoon would open their dirty mouths and say otherwise.

I don't blame them, I blame nairaland for giving them the platform to brazenly manifest their stupidity without let.

Stay safe bro.
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Enugupikin: 8:40am On Sep 09, 2020
Difrent:

I thought the Benue state governor has been saying its fulani people killing his people, is Gana a fulani man? just to win a second term he latched on to the narrative that its fulanis that are killing in benue but we now know better

The same people are now granting amnesty to militants........but will be quick to condemn FG for granting amnesty to repentant boko haram militants,

i watched Ortom on channels TV and his lame explanation and cant help but wonder if this man knows what he is doing at all

Buharis incompetence is a childs play compared to the incompetence of PDP governors and its rather unfortunate they are doing a very bad job at opposition to the government.
This guy you're funny oo.. So you're still been played by Nigeria politicians, same Ortom that was in APC in his first tenure and now in pdp may still go back to apc after this tenure.. Is a waste of energy talking about PDP and APC both are same

1 Like

Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by GreenArrow1(m): 8:42am On Sep 09, 2020
zicoraads:

Go and say it on Facebook that his death was justified. cheesy grin

No be Facebook all the ranting end?
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Cyberterror: 8:42am On Sep 09, 2020
kingzizzy:

The extra-judicial killing of Gana wont bring back any of the people he killed and is likely to lead to more deaths as his men take revenge on the authorities for his killing.

What was the point of killing someone who had already given himself up? Shameful
It is still ethnic Tivs and Jukuns they will kill like they have been killing all these years.
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Blackmann001: 8:47am On Sep 09, 2020
BafanaBafana:

Where do you think I am from?
First of all, he started his hustle by selling drugs,
And then started stealing cows from fulanis and killing them. They ran away because they couldn't overpower him.
Then he became a highered hand for politicians. He killed for money.
Then he became a highered hand for jihadist. Both within and outside the country.
He was once contracted to overrun communities in Taraba but the price was not sufficient so he turned it down.
Gana is associated with so many assassinations in Benue state.

I don't know him at all..never even heard of him...my statements was bore outta what ppl on the forum said of him as the protector of the people....about 5persons said same thing.....

Well, don't know which is true and which is not
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by NaMeAboki: 8:49am On Sep 09, 2020
However, the Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, said soldiers snatched Gana from a government convoy of repentant militants in Gboko.

Waiting for the reaction of our biased press and those maligning Buhari's amnesty for repentant Boko Haram members - let the hypocrites stand up and criticise Ortom as loud as they had been criticising the president.
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Dzegeten: 8:49am On Sep 09, 2020
BafanaBafana:
Me sef, how can the state government grant amnesty to a criminal wanted by the federal government?
Imagine Zulum coming out one day to say he has given amnesty to Shekau
how about the hundreds of boki haram members that hv been granted armnesty....are thy from congo?
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Enugupikin: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2020
segun18:
Different narratives from different people here. Pls I will like to read from someone based in Katsina Ala or Benue state who can objectively tell us what has really been happening in Benue state.
Honestly different confusing narrative
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by morgstreme: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2020
heendrix:

The real story is under George and Suswam the chief militia used to be Gana until Ortom entered and wanted him to stand down since he didn't trust his Loyalty to him as the Governor, there's this guy Ortom wanted to forcefully put in place of Gana, gana killed the guy instead then things turned sour between Gana and Ortom that Ortom placed bounty on his head and was always giving info to Army anytime he's spotted in a particular area. we knew how Army would come burn his house and even fly copters over Katsina ala

when the threat became too much he swore to kill Ortom but Suswam came in and told him to halt that intention that it'd not favour the tiv tribe if his deputy that happened to be an Idoma happen to be the Governor. Later during Ortom's first tenure Benue folks esp the Tiv started loosing interest in his government cause Fulani were killing in numbers and the man defending them (gana) was still still wanted to kill him at all means.(Mind you with this Gana was still defending his home town Katsina ala from Fulani attacks) Ortom left APC when he saw what his Fulani masters are trying to do to Benue, He joined PDP, tried to make peace with Gana and sent Elders to plead with Gana to forgive him twas then Peace started returning and Fulani herdsmen killing reduced drastically. it's what it's visible even to the blind when Ortom left apc Fulani killing reduced

So much hidden stories so you best believe when ur told he's not Ortom's boy

I lost you when you started with the "Fulani" rhetoric..

We have Nupes herdsmen,kaje herdsmen, Kanuri herdsmen etc..

Your story is already twisted..
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by GamalNasser: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2020
ayenale1:
Guys don't just sit down in Lagos, watch channels TV and believe you have all the facts on Gana.
In summary, Gana was a torn of flesh to the fulanis, he and his men fought for the Tiv nation; each time he attack and kill them the fulanis runs to their brothers in army and police which of comprises the DPOs and superior army officers in Tiv land and Benue as a whole. Any attack you heard in Zaki Biam, Katsina-Ala, Logo local govt.were done by the army and police in the name of wanting to catch Gana...sometimes in 2017, he was approached by fulanis to surrender the whole tiv land for them and he demanded billions of naira which they can't afford, then the attack continues, who place a bounty on him?was it not fulani IGP? Gana can turn to anything stones, sands etc but if truly they killed him this is the beginning of trauma for tiv nation because for someone to come and fight for them like Gana, it will take time. Its a pity that Tiv people as a whole sorry if you are one are the most gullible people I've ever seen, they can sell their fellow brother for N5 to the fulanis i won't be surprised if a tiv man somewhere has collected a huge some in order to surrender Gana.

Hmmmm if this is true then it was a grave error for him to present himself for amnesty
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Cyberterror: 8:51am On Sep 09, 2020
guy222:
Gana has killed more fulani bandits in benue state more than the entire police and soldiers put together, ortom try everything possible to make him his political thug but gana refuse, very nice guy, he was a torn in the flesh of politician and police in benue state,
Big lie. The man was a common criminal.
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Okechukwu22(m): 8:56am On Sep 09, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]hey have you been to benue state, try and make inquiry and research before you start blabin what you don't know and who brought partisan talks here
Difrent:

I thought the Benue state governor has been saying its fulani people killing his people, is Gana a fulani man? just to win a second term he latched on to the narrative that its fulanis that are killing in benue but we now know better

The same people are now granting amnesty to militants........but will be quick to condemn FG for granting amnesty to repentant boko haram militants,

i watched Ortom on channels TV and his lame explanation and cant help but wonder if this man knows what he is doing at all

Buharis incompetence is a childs play compared to the incompetence of PDP governors and its rather unfortunate they are doing a very bad job at opposition to the government.
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by BafanaBafana: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2020
kingzizzy:

The extra-judicial killing of Gana wont bring back any of the people he killed and is likely to lead to more deaths as his men take revenge on the authorities for his killing.

What was the point of killing someone who had already given himself up? Shameful
How many times has he been granted amnesty?
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Fourwinds: 8:58am On Sep 09, 2020
heendrix:

He was really a torn in the flesh for Fulani folks damn he really killed them and made them always run away from Katsina ala

I remember being told how soldiers tried to kill him multiple times but he'll always laugh afterwards that only God can kill him
only when he is unarmed that the Nigerian Army took advantage of him.. All I see is cowardice
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Cyberterror: 9:00am On Sep 09, 2020
Fourwinds:
only when he is unarmed that the Nigerian Army took advantage of him.. All I see is cowardice
As a wanted man, he was foolish to lose guard.
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Fourwinds: 9:05am On Sep 09, 2020
BafanaBafana:

The governor has no right to grant amnesty to someone who is wanted by the military so I don't think the military or the federal government was part of the amnesty. It was just a charade by Ortom in his usual folly.
but the governor's of Zamfra, Katsina and Sokoto have have the right to grant amnesty to Fulani herdsmen and bandits right? When will you start using your brain properly? Huhm

3 Likes

Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by roszilman: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2020
Guyman02:
The guy was a hero to many Tiv communities because he was a torn on the flesh of Fulani militia killing people in Benue.
When many people warn Benue indigenes that they should cooperate with the South they still think they are part of Arewa.
Fulani herdsmen dreaded the guy and the security agents couldn't get him for years until he decided to answer the call of Gov Ortom.
Now I think the Fulani killers would move from Southern Kaduna back to Benue to resume their killing spree, Benue people should brace up for renewed herdsmen invasion.

He finished meeting with traditional rulers as the pictures above show where arms were surrendered and they were moving to the Govt house in company of the local government Chairman and several other people when the Army snatched him and lied about a 'firefight' with his militia.

The same Army which pampers repentant Boko Haram murdered the guy in cold blood and it's a shame that the governor who is supposed to be the chief security Officer of his state could not protect a citizen he just granted amnesty and yesterday former Abia state governor Orji Uzor Kalu is even asking his kinsman Nnamdi Kanu to come back to Nigeria and he thinks NK will ever trust Nigerian officials?
partially good analysis though. But de guy was de one dat ussers fulani millitia into the tiv community, if only u know what dis nigga have done, u wouldn't come up with this analysis. He's de machinery by which the fulani operate swiftly b4. Rip to him though.
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Fourwinds: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2020
Cyberterror:
As a wanted man, he was foolish to lose guard.
no..it is the governor that betrayed him.. The governor should have been in that convoy with them... Wike of Rivers state wouldn't allow that

1 Like

Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Enugupikin: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2020
SexytorresE:
Such matters I don’t comment on.. its dangerous to say a word. , let me enjoy comments even when some aren’t making sense .
Honestly my sister, I don't fully understand, I'm only reading comments
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Cyberterror: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2020
Fourwinds:
no..it is the governor that betrayed him.. The governor should have been in that convoy with them... Wike of Rivers state wouldn't allow that
No, it was the blood of so many people that he killed that made him foolish at that critical point.
Re: Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt by Fourwinds: 9:14am On Sep 09, 2020
Cyberterror:
No, it was the blood of so many people that he killed that made him foolish at that critical point.
i see... A big mistake on his part.. If I were to be one I won't come if the governor is not present

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fayose, Tinubu, Saraki At Akeredolu's Swearing-In (Photos) / Osun State: The Politics, The Mud And The Rust / Rivers State Assembly Crises - The Complete Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.