Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally (16518 Views)

Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? / How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / 4 Children Of Same Parents Who Died Same Day Buried In Abia (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by ModestGal(f): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2020
GreaterFuture1:

You seem like a sensible teacher.
When I was in Secondary school, some teachers knew what I was going through yet still added to my problems and treated me badly, they gossiped me, made fun of my situation etc. (Nigerian Schools are Rubbish! especially private secondary schools). To put it mildly, That seriously affected me academically, emotionally and Psychologically
Normal thing. It is the children with emotional problems that the teacher hates most times, make jest of them and bully them
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by Almunjid(m): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
vickydevoka:

U are right though, buh some women wants jst kid
That's because they believed they're getting old already, and their biological clock is ticking away. Since they don't have any responsible man in their lives, they decided to get pregnant for any man that is available.
Guys who never had fathers in their lives may never believe in marriage. They'll do to other women what their irresponsible fathers did to their mothers (same with ladies). Children raised by single Mums are liable to be wayward and irresponsible.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by GreaterFuture1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:
cry cry

Oh sorry about that bro.

And many of these teachers had their own problems they were nursing which could be worse than yours

That's in the Past. Dealing with those issues and moving on
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by angelfallz(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2020
Klass99:

@ The sentence in bold, oga you don't live in the same compound with them but I do and have done so for the last 2 years. So don't say what you don't know please!

As for your entire post I am appalled and seriously shaking my head. People will respond to you the way you treat them, sooner or later. So, if you think shouting at a woman and she not rising to the bait, is a cool thing, that's just messed up.

Why should anyone shout in the first place to communicate with another? Is he an animal? It just shows an ill mannered person with a poor upbringing and orientation, nothing more.

Stick with what you know of the women you've heard about via sermons and I'll stick with what I know from first hand experience of living within close range to this couple. Don't make assumptions about me or my post!

Lol grin our matter dey taya me. Oh, the things we do in the name of marriage, but if she were to speak her truth people will still castigate her for not covering her husband and for washing dirty linen in public.

On one of those occasions, she actually said he is a very nice man to people outside but when it comes to me............ I just thought hhmm, but charity begins at home nah. If he is not being nice to you then how can he be a generally nice person? The niceness to outsiders must be a facade because my few interactions with him, haven't left a good impression on me.

People will respond to you the way you treat them, sooner or later
, not always that is why i said a discerning woman.

As for your entire post I am appalled and seriously shaking my head. People will respond to you the way you treat them, sooner or later. So, if you think shouting at a woman and she not rising to the bait, is a cool thing, that's just messed up.
i never said shouting is a cool thing, that was your conclusion. I was giving examples.

Why should anyone shout in the first place to communicate with another? Is he an animal? It just shows an ill mannered person with a poor upbringing and orientation, nothing more.
Everyone has their flaws. Some women can tolerate it others cant. A discerning woman should know how to react to her husband. simple. After all she must have seen something good in him to marry him in the first. And i also gave an example about the couple that had been married for years despite the fact the husband is hot tempered.

Stick with what you know of the women you've heard about via sermons and I'll stick with what I know from first hand experience of living within close range to this couple. Don't make assumptions about me or my post!
If i am making the wrong the assumptions that is on you not me.
I am only saying what i know from your write up, don't fault me if you did not explain well.
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by angelfallz(m): 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2020
GreaterFuture1:

There is no "Claim" there. What do you disagree with or "reject"?

Everything you said.
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by figoperch: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
My Parents did Times 20 (×20) of all this to Me, Themselves and my Younger brother. Shouting, fighting Quarrelling etc. Was a norm Till they separated and even afterwards it was still there. From relatives to School, to Neighbors even amongst So called Fellow Christians, our "Christian Brothers and Sisters". A very Dysfunctional Family (and Community) made a Solid Sound Foundation for a Damaged Life.
The only thing I'm grateful to them for is that they gave me life. IMHO, Most Nigerians have no business bringing another human being to this World.

Hmmm..... Christian brothers and sisters. Abeg which congregation/circuit?
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by Klass99(f): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by Lazykulture: 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
My parents fought all the time. I usually call it domestic wrestling instead of domestic violence. I usually dont interfere but my mom will always put the blame on me saying things like cant u talk to ur father? Do u like the way ur father is beating me? I hated my dad at one point till i realised my mum was the cause of their fight. It affected me big time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by blingxx(m): 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2020
Lazykulture:
My parents fought all the time. I usually call it domestic wrestling instead of domestic violence. I usually dont interfere but my mom will always put the blame on me saying things like cant u talk to ur father? Do u like the way ur father is beating me? I hated my dad at one point till i realised my mum was the cause of their fight. It affected me big time.

You don't need to blame any of them..you sound like they already affected you with their life.."I'm also a victim of domestic violence"you just need to leave the house for them and threaten to never come back..this is what me and siblings did for like 2week it got to a point that parents started looking me tho grin...lemme just say I wanted to frustrate them the way they frustrated me and brothers smiley
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by angelfallz(m): 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2020
Klass99:

Guy, you too get issues. Abeg just swerve one side first.

Lol. typical.
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by intruder15(m): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
1b8m:
My parents are over 70, alive and still fight (abuse each other). They're both born again. The hypocrisy is too much that I swore to stay single than marry a born again. Infact i swore never to get married until i met a lady, the most amazing person I'll ever meet. It turns out she's married to this older man but she keeps promising me that she'll divorce him and be with me.
I'm so messed up now because I doubt that's going to happen. My problem now is I don't know how to move on. I don't know where to find someone like her.
I don't know why my life is such a puzzle

Such is life. You just have to move on.
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by Joshmanuel10(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
Emotional abuse ain't good at all on d long run its deadly
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by earnit3: 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2020
It takes maturity to keep a union we will always going to fight we just learn to say sorry we are not always right
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Before,

Like the way Pastor David Ibiyeomie wanted to beat up Our daddy Mr. Freeze physically, spiritually and legally

The way Fani kayode wanted to hit journalist hard

The way Wike keeps fight everybody

The way Africans sorry Nigerians fight Others and the way they get insulted back

The way Igbos and Yorubas fight each other on Nairaland

It is disturbing our youths emotionally

But wait oh..
Northerner no dey Nairaland?
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by vickydevoka(m): 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
Almunjid:

That's because they believed they're getting old already, and their biological clock is ticking away. Since they don't have any responsible man in their lives, they decided to get pregnant for any man that is available.
Guys who never had fathers in their lives will never believe in marriage. They'll do to other women what their irresponsible fathers did to their mothers (same with ladies). Children raised by single Mums are liable to be wayward and irresponsible.

Shalom!
Seriously I believe dis very line " children raised by single mumsare liable to be wayward and irresponsible". Bros no be lie, even if Father die Early it still affect de children

1 Like

Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by TruthReplay: 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
Daddy Freeze exposed
Please send to those talking rubbish. Let them see why he deserves being called names and more. (Galatians 6:7 kjv Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Remember the harvest is usually much bigger) #enoughisenough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk-Mj7IC5IU
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
emeijeh:
Why would 2 people who claim to love each other fight themselves?

It doesn't make sense

that is not love it is called "Lust" . if a fellow guy fight , insult and embarrassed u in public, will u still love him. hell no. but if it a lady u wont let go. na after marriage, eye go clear. many couples these days are joined by the devil.
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2020
post=93744616:

Where is the sense in all these Incoherent jargons now?
Do some of you think before picking your palasa to type at all?
Gosh!

show me where there is development amidst fighting and grudges . give that audio iPhone 11 back to ur mama pls.
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2020
I hereby close this thread with a final conclusive phrase "FACE FRONT!! LOOK BACK NOT AND DO THE RIGHT THINGS IN FRONT OF YOUR CHILDREN ONWARD."

Else, next generation won't create a topic on nairaland or sew a thread on twitter or create a topic or instapost on instagram or create a group on facebook or share a story with relationship experts and influencers, but will come and descend with physical weapons upon you..

-End time is going beyond ripe, e don dey ripe dey spoil.. Next generation go brutal.
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
I agree

no more lyrics? bra

yur weed starch exhausted?
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by Angel1696: 9:21am On Sep 10, 2020
This little piece of write up reminds me of the nollywood movie THE KIDS ARE ANGRY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by Buharism101(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2020
oluwaseyi0:
That's why I'm a strong advocate of divorce if the difference becomes unresolvable and tension is always high in the home

But most religion will rather couple pretend all is well even when the best thing is divorce

A woman getting steady beating from the husband and claiming she is staying for her children will just die a useless death, a man that the wife has given hypertension but still staying because of what pastor and church will say will just die for nothing
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by MOnkeyBabe(f): 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
Amotolongbo:
That is the truth.

The very day I was touched and felt so emotionally humbled was the time I was teaching in a private school before going to answer the Clarion call.

Then I was teaching JSS2 (3 classes, A, B and C) Computer Science and SSS classes Geography.
To make things easier for me, I did tell these JSS 2 students to come by 7am every Tuesday, so that I would revise with them and have all the 3 classes on the same level.

One very Tuesday morning, I went as usual and revised the lessons with the children. I noticed that they were few in class that day and concluded in my mind that I was going to punish the students who were absent from the morning class.
After the school morning devotion at 8:30am, one of the students who was absent from the class just walked up to me and said he was so sorry for missing my class today. I asked why?
He said his Dad and Mum was having a serious fight at home early this morning and it affected his preparation for school.
I felt so humbled and wanted to cry for the boy. Then I had to forgive all the children on punishing them for missing the early class. Only God and these children know why they’ve been acting the way they do and fail to perform up to the expectations.

The fights between parents affect these children emotionally and mentally. I wish parents can stop the physical combat at home or just wait till their children are not at home if need be.
I'm telling you,some of them think it's fun
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by MOnkeyBabe(f): 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
GreaterFuture1:

Few teachers would handle it like that
When I was in Secondary school, some teachers knew what I was going through yet still added to my problems and treated me badly, they gossiped me, made fun of my situation etc. (Nigerian Schools are Rubbish! especially private secondary schools). To put it mildly, That seriously affected me academically, emotionally and Psychologically
what Of PhySiCal ABUse by teachers,that Shit was embarrasingyo
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by GreaterFuture1(m): 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
what Of PhySiCal ABUse by teachers,that Shit was embarrasingyo
Physical Abuse is a Standard all Over Nigeria. At Home, at School and at Work (Apprenticeship). Physical, Emotional, Verbal abuse, and all other Abuses were part of the "×20" I mentioned in my first Comment.
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 9:39pm On Sep 11, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

You must have not seen the illiteracy rate of the north and the poverty rate as well

I think you're right.
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by BluntNigerian: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2020
Paxxcarl:
well i grew up in a abusive home
I hope you have grown past the trauma by now?
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by BluntNigerian: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
1b8m:
I'm not the type anybody can complete, all the feats I achieved I achieved alone. If independent was a man it would be me.
I just don't understand how a woman rendered me hopeless by the mere thought of life without her. That's the point, how did that happen?
Guy, you fall in Love..
Nothing else happened.
It's just Love that happened.
Re: Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally by BluntNigerian: 5:08am On Sep 24, 2020
angelfallz:

i strongly reject this claim.
He is trying to say that you can see a lot of such people on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Pregnant Women Fart So Much? My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts... / Gps Car Tracker|Live Track|Shutdown Vehicle|Replay Routes / How The Vagina Looks Like After Child Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.