Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires (25018 Views)

Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor / Iyienu Mission Hospital, Anambra: Oldest Mission Hospital In Igboland (Photos) / Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hmmm dis one government is taking over it, I hope they don't ruin it into pieces angry
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by Ogbuu101: 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
TheChameleon:
Na so we go collect am from all the Igbos wey buy land for Lagos....

See one flat head don dey cry.
Lazy Yerobber muslim.
Always waiting to collect.
Instead of doing proper jobs,una go face "owo mi da"

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by lexy2014: 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
post=93743792:
Yes, just like sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians ended the 16 years of failures and looting right before your very eyes! tongue
And thankfully, there is nothing you and your ilks can do about it tongue tongue

Gbas-Gbos to badt!

Are u saying that this administration has replicated& is demonstrating d 16 years of failure & looting characterised by d PDP? Are u saying that what took PDP 16 years to loot& fail at, it has taken APC& buhari 5years to loot& fail at?
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by Asiri1991: 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
That's the hospital of my birth. I was born there. My mother Fed me with good stories of how she was properly taken care of by the staff of the hospital. She would never forget how she and other expectant mothers celebrated the emergence of Ogbonnaya Onu as the governor of the then Abia state while I kicked her navel. I pray the government see the need to return it to the church. They've actually managed it better than any other public health facility in Old Ohaozara.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by Solatium(m): 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2020
Enugupikin:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/ebonyi-takes-over-mission-hospital-as-100-year-lease-expires/

Does it mean the hospital never served them at all?
What do they intend to do with the edifice after revocation of titles?
Will government manage t better than previous management?

You see my people mumu no bẹ small,IF NA CHURCH OR MOSQUE DEY NO GO TALK OOO
Dem go talk say Dem don leave everything for God, meanwhile one GO go dey reap for where him no sow
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by Clevite(m): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2020
If a land lease agreement between a community and a private establishment have expired, is government's taking over of the land and the entire property and investment concerns put on it the only or the best solution? It is purely a private matter between two private parties to an agreement which dispute can only be settled in a civil court through an action by one of the aggrieved parties.

It is curious when the State Government is even speaking from both sides of the mouth. In one breath, you said the community donated the land to the Church of Scotland Mission in 1911; which means it was a gift, in another breath you claimed the community leased the land to them for 100 years; which means it was a well-documented contractual transaction. Which one does the government want us to believe?

It is laughable for Ebonyi Government to say that the land was only leased to the Church of Scotland, not leased to the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria; that the Presbyterian Church only took over the hospital probably because most of the workers were members of the Church when the Church of Scotland was leaving. Imagine such a laughable story from a Government!

So it is possible that a group of people can just take over a property or an establishment belonging to an organization simply because they constitute a large number amongst its workers, without proper transfer of ownership?! And the Government said the same Church of Scotland kept sending personnel to the Hospital years after it had left Nigeria, even till the 1990's! How can a Government be this self-contradicting?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by Clevite(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2020
It is more laughable when Ebonyi Government cited deterioration in quality services as part of its explanation for taking over of the hospital. A private hospital that has kept existing for over a hundred years and still running can least be accused of lack of proper management in Nigeria. How many of Government's property, not to talk of hospitals, of less than 20 years are still in good existence? It is the choice of citizens to decide never to patronize an entity they deem not offering quality services. It is not a ground for any government to turn that private organization to its own. Government can only play a regulatory role.

Now, every government can now go on to take over private businesses and turn them to state property on a flimsy excuse of lack of quality services. Ebonyi State Government has set an horrible precedence not even witnessed under the worst of military juntas.

It appears the Ebonyi State Government is just labouring to bring up an excuse to justify a take over exercise for no sound reasons. Ebonyi State Government might have privately approached the Presbyterian Church to release the Hospital for it to convert to a University Teaching Hospital and the Church had refused. That might be the reason for this forceful, authoritarian and tyrannical take over and nothing more.

The Ebonyi State's claim that it took over the ownership of the Hospital in order to forestall a breakdown of law and order between the Presbyterian Church and Uburu community is the most comical of it all. It reminds one of the draconian powers exercised by those primitive kings of the olden days. As a selfish excuse to settle a dispute between two men fighting over a girl, the king would step in and take over the beautiful girl as his wife!

The Presbyterian Church Nigeria should assemble a formidable team of brilliant lawyers now to approach the Court of law to reverse this daylight robbery and devious property grabbing by the Ebonyi State Government.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by SctDonald(m): 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
Cmanforall:

GAME
It took 8years to come to this point?
They would have renamed it Uburu General Hospital or something else.
If Ebonyi State University needs a 'Hospital' General or not, the state and the university should build one.
Ebonyi state use to have a teaching hospital in their name, Ebonyi State University Teaching Hospital (EBSUTH), what happened to it? They converted the EBSUTH to a Federal Hospital (Federal Teaching Hospital Abakiliki) and now they want to snatch a Mission's Hospital for the University.
What does Ebonyi State University General Hospital mean?
Does it mean the hospital will now be under the management of the Ebonyi State University or under the State ministry of health?
I hope the people inolved in this can see clearly the future confusions they are creating.
If the complain is about the high cost, then government can build a general hospital for the community for cheaper healthcare services. Running an efficient healthcare facility is not easy, and what maybe termed high can be due to the income of the community dwellers.
.. Ebonyi state government is building a world class teaching hospital, which is about 70% completion...Ebonyi state government over the years funded that hospital for years, hence the name Presbyterian Joint Hospital..But the church couldn't manage the hospital well..
Moreso, the agreement between the church and the community is over...

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by RALPHOW(m): 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
I supported this idea because of the competency of the current Governor. However what will happen after his tenure.
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by SctDonald(m): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
Clevite:
It is more laughable when Ebonyi Government cited deterioration in quality services as part of its explanation for taking over of the hospital. A private hospital that has kept existing for over a hundred years and still running can least be accused of lack of proper management in Nigeria. How many of Government's property, not to talk of hospitals, of less than 20 years are still in good existence? It is the choice of citizens to decide never to patronize an entity they deem not offering quality services. It is not a ground for any government to turn that private organization to its own. Government can only play a regulatory role.

Now, every government can now go on to take over private businesses and turn them to state property on a flimsy excuse of lack of quality services. Ebonyi State Government has set an horrible precedence not even witnessed under the worst of military juntas.

It appears the Ebonyi State Government is just labouring to bring up an excuse to justify a take over exercise for no sound reasons. Ebonyi State Government might have privately approached the Presbyterian Church to release the Hospital for it to convert to a University Teaching Hospital and the Church had refused. That might be the reason for this forceful, authoritarian and tyrannical take over and nothing more.

The Ebonyi State's claim that it took over the ownership of the Hospital in order to forestall a breakdown of law and order between the Presbyterian Church and Uburu community is the most comical of it all. It reminds one of the draconian powers exercised by those primitive kings of the olden days. As a selfish excuse to settle a dispute between two men fighting over a girl, the king would step in and take over the beautiful girl as his wife!

The Presbyterian Church Nigeria should assemble a formidable team of brilliant lawyers now to approach the Court of law to reverse this daylight robbery and devious property grabbing by the Ebonyi State Government.
... Umuobuna community, and Ebonyi state government are waiting for the church...
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by code77(m): 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2020
Faller:
Ebonyi... The home of hustlers... These ebonyi guys dey hustle like mad ... Dem Sabi get k-leg.....

Take am, your father there. Wetin bring k-leg for dis matter?

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2020
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by molbic(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2020
post=93743792:
Yes, just like sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians ended the 16 years of failures and looting right before your very eyes! tongue
And thankfully, there is nothing you and your ilks can do about it tongue tongue

Gbas-Gbos to badt!
Hahahahaha This MANNA Sef Your matter taya Nairaland
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by code77(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2020
Emyzoloye5:
so na this poultry farm they wanna convert to a teaching hospital for Ebonyi state university?

why is Ebonyi so backward

Na your Entire family dey backward. Nonsense. Mtechwwwww.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by okewumi: 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
Bkayyy:
Kudos!
It's high time we started taking our lives back from these religionists.
Well, thanks to the Churchists for the good things they have contributed to us

Keep quiet my friend.
Which useless life do you have to take back.

They have been serving community for the past 100 years before independence. Can you vouch that government will manage it properly in the next 100 years? If the present government leaves, who knows the plan of the next government about health care.

After church of Scotland left in 90s, they were able to manage it for another 20years. What stop government in partnership or build another healthcare close to it.

This country is a joke.
I can bet it, if you visit the hospital, their is possibility they are running generator 24/7 talkless of availability of medication.
Pls you have to stop thinking with your Anus. Nobody investor will ever read about the news and plan to invest in unhealthy environment.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by okewumi: 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2020
Asiri1991:
That's the hospital of my birth. I was born there. My mother Fed me with good stories of how she was properly taken care of by the staff of the hospital. She would never forget how she and other expectant mothers celebrated the emergence of Ogbonnaya Onu as the governor of the then Abia state while I kicked her navel. I pray the government see the need to return it to the church. They've actually managed it better than any other public health facility in Old Ohaozara.

Most of hospital managed by government has turn to death trap. Thank you for the testimony of the hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by gulfer: 6:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
seborrhic:

Look at all black countries and you would come to understand why we must question if indeed the racist percentage of the white population was too harsh in saying blacks have inferior brains.
Just look at Nigeria.
Since 1960 everything the whites left for us has deteriorated,power,rails,water supply,lovely towns and cities,honesty, merit and efficiency in government.
Several years back,we even had supermarket chains.
If not for ShopRite,a clearly white owned establishment, supermarket shop experience would only be left for those that travel abroad.
Phones were working,but soon as they left,making calls became almost impossible.
If not for MTN,Airtel started by whites,we would still be lining up kilometres to make a call.Internet service would only have been an Utopian dream.
You are so so right embarassed embarassed
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by executive12: 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2020
TheChameleon:
Na so we go collect am from all the Igbos wey buy land for Lagos....

See one flat head don dey cry.

Lazy man. You should join your brothers hustling at various bus stops in Lagos.
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by earnit3: 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
Oh
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by Focusmind: 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2020
They should hand it over to the Catholic church.

In the East, any thing, be it school or hospital that are not managed by the Catholic church or Church of Nigeria, Anglican communion is a scam.

All other churches there have not proven their capacity and capability to manage anything.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by banio: 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
Lawless Country. Let the people settle with the mission hospital management. If they can't settle, then let the hospital destroy it's buildings and the community take back their empty land.

Everybody is greedy.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by Emyzoloye5(m): 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
code77:

Na your Entire family dey backward. Nonsense. Mtechwwwww.

we aren't of the same class ..... Ebonyians are just like slaves to us here. .....dats why people like you will always remain farm labourers, gala hawkers, waste disposers, okada riders , wheel barrow pushers here in Anambra

abakeleke blood
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by Uncleodi(m): 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
Asiri1991:

Nice, I was born there too.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by skyblueking(m): 5:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Shut up.... It is an hospital not an orphanage. They pay workers, buy drugs, and run it with generator.

You're very stupid for quoting me in the first place..
It's like you lack home training abi..
You think you can just talk to anybody you see anyhow..
Mind you I know that hospital too well than you, it is located right there in my village..

Idiot..
Re: Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires by ArticleBeast: 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
skyblueking:

You're very stupid for quoting me in the first place..
It's like you lack home training abi..
You think you can just talk to anybody you see anyhow..
Mind you I know that hospital too well than you, it is located right there in my village..

Idiot..
Who the hell are you? If you had any iota of sense in your sawdust-filled brain you would have known that hospital run on money and not water.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Home Remedies To Cure Severe Headache. / Ladies! This Guifeibao Pill Is So Superb!! / 471 Die In Yobe In 3 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.