Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,018 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor (62444 Views)

Vwaere Daiso: Installer Of Faulty Elevator Handed Over To Police – LASG / Vwaere Diaso: Lagos NMA Declares Indefinite Strike In 3 Govt Hospitals / Dr Vwaere Diaso: Lagos Government Condoles Family, Sets Up Inquiry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by nlfpmod: 8:21am On Aug 02, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Ee0pR9zoY

Painful!! Beautiful Doctor Dies Two weeks to the end of her internship.

Dr Diasco Vwaere, worked at General Hospital Odan Lagos Island. She died yesterday.

She was in the elevator at the hospital, when it malfunctioned and hit the ground from the 10th floor.

She survived with major bodily injuries but later died as there was delay with blood and medical care.

She graduated from Babcock University last year.πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0DuqAXGuasABgzgZCSMcJEzzJ6Bx5TCrUjWDELjzphDnYeAPbKbVd9jD7GDfxiq6Ql&id=100080199626898&mibextid=2JQ9oc

A doctor who had just 2 weeks to complete her housemanship just died in general hospital(Odan, Lagos island) due to poor management and negligence!!!
The elevator she was in, fell from 10th floor to the ground! Video was so painful to watch πŸ’”

https://twitter.com/lx_amara/status/1686502201752010752?t=dML3OFPgEgAvQ0m6T2-OUQ&s=19

All she wanted to do was get her food from a dispatcher downstairs 😩
It even took them an hour to get her out of the elevator😩😩
She was still conscious even with fractures, she was taken to emergency and then another delay, no blood. This country failed her.

https://twitter.com/kiky_festus/status/1686510309496778752?t=be2IhVG6yxjYI22ZZ3hnHw&s=08

Particularly aggrieved because we've complained for a long time about this elevator. We've maneuvered, managed and prayed each time we had to use it. Empty promises will be made to fix it....till it killed one of usπŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ˜­

https://twitter.com/kristeana08/status/1686511809149186049?t=vKmCJor-PeSZqYAcO5v_ZQ&s=08

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Holybwoy: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2023
RIP to her.. The Lagos state Government will do everything to dead this news and not make it go out.. The elevator will also be fixed overnight, tonight followed by a press release to bamboozle the public..

The family should however, be getting ready to press correct charges.. They will be heavily compensated

253 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by BigDawsNet: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2023
May she rest on peace

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by TemplarLandry: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by WhisperedNoise: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2023
Oh my God! sad
Rest In peace, dear one. Rest in power.

This is so sad. Such a young and promising lady with a beautiful future. Her life has been cut short because we choose to be irresponsible rulers and workers.

The said elevator has been malfunctioning for a year, according to Co workers. Not a day, not a week. Ot even a month. A gaddem year! Are we a curse to ourselves in Nigeria? Are we being followed by ancestral spirits and curses? Oh no!

Why do people die cheaply in Nigeria? I won't be surprised if monies meant for repair or replacement of the elevator has been diverted into the pockets of a (s)elect few who will buy SUVs and go on vacations.

Now a life has been cut short in its prime. May all our bad leaders crumble. May they live miserable lives.

This beautiful soul only had the "misfortune" to serve in a government hospital. She's in Nigeria, serving the good of the people but irresponsibility and perhaps shoddy work has cut her life short. Hmmmm. And you blame people who want to japa.

This one hurts me badly.

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by 001Lagos: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2023
Na wa
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by MrsTwrite(f): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2023
This is painful! After all the years of study, it just ended this way.

May her soul find rest cry

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by mogbeyiteren: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2023
Bad management. I think there should regulations on the use of elevator and beside, government should start writing Environmental Management Plan before building any structure.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by AmadeGTG: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2023
Sad
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:28am On Aug 02, 2023
cry

001Lagos:
Na wa
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Jewessgratitud3: 8:28am On Aug 02, 2023
See why I hate Nigerian lifts? If light no off and trap you inside, lift will be shaking like Sango Ota train. some self, the floor buttons don even remove so you gat alight at the floor before yours and use the stairs to get to your floor.

I remember my days of working in NCR building in Lagos island. Their lift fit fall you if you're not careful. At a point I resort to using the stairs because I couldn't deal with being trapped with the shaky shaky all the time. Though It was stressful using the stairs cos my office was on the 7th floor but I continued.

So sad.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by CaptainAyub: 8:28am On Aug 02, 2023
So sad.
This type of issue happened in FMC Keffi though the lady survived but can't walk again shaa.
Management has also frustrated her life.
Na im make I no de take elevator for any govt building.
10 storey federal secretariat, I de jejely climb stairs to 10th floor

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by ipobarecriminals: 8:28am On Aug 02, 2023
sad
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 8:28am On Aug 02, 2023
This is so sad
The previous time it was boat mishap which claimed lives of medical students. And now this
May her soul rest in peace and give the family the fortitude to bear the loss.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by 40fy0341: 8:28am On Aug 02, 2023
So sad

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by valdetino(m): 8:28am On Aug 02, 2023
So sorry Dr, Nigeria has happened to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Harmless1b(m): 8:29am On Aug 02, 2023
Chai... God have mercy ooo.
May her soul rip
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Sektor101(m): 8:29am On Aug 02, 2023
Oh no

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by optimistfeel(m): 8:29am On Aug 02, 2023
Rest in perfect peace....
Is hard to died.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by inoki247: 8:29am On Aug 02, 2023
Death just patrolling everywhere...

May she RIP...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by jideflash(m): 8:29am On Aug 02, 2023
This country sef. Everything we manage in this country is a disaster due to corruption and i dont care attitude. Fight for your right and hold people accountable no matter how high or low. Our negligence caused this.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by ravensckar(m): 8:29am On Aug 02, 2023
RIP to the deceased. May the Almighty God grant her family and loved one the fortitude go bear the irreplaceable loss. cry cry cry

Meanwhile, the negligence that we all created in the various facet of our society is coming back gradually to haunt us all. I'm sure the faulty elevator thing didn't start this year, but in our usual nonchallance and lack of regard for safety, we've been 'managing' it. Now, see the result? A young lady cut short in her prime. May Nigeria never happen to us!

Secondly, this issue of 'no blood', no oxygen, no bed, no drugs, no doctor on ground, etc has sent countless souls to their untimely death. That was how my daughter nearly died due to hospital negligence. Our health workers need to become proactive and understand the fact that they are dealing with a life & death situation. Negligence and nonchallance shouldn't have a place in such a serious sector.

8 Likes

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by MZEE01: 8:29am On Aug 02, 2023
I don't use Nigerian office elevators.

I am very careful with my life. Though God protects.

Poor services of elevators all around.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by seunlayi(m): 8:29am On Aug 02, 2023
Nigeria is gone

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Fatbam005: 8:30am On Aug 02, 2023
There is a thin line between life and death. Show mercy Lord. She did not wait to reap the rewards of her Labour for it is written. Rip to the death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by maticar: 8:30am On Aug 02, 2023
They complained
They cried
They prayed

For management to fix the elevator since last year

People should actually be arrested for this neglect but this is Nigeria

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Princedapace(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2023
Nigerians should stop taking rubbish.

Sue the company. Dam all the consequences. Blacks are always backward becus we always scared of losing what we love.
If they threaten u with license matter, dam it and sue them.
Make it go viral. Demand for justice. Nigerians tolerate too much nonsense.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by ecomalchemistt(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2023
Nigeria is just a mess..elevator that hasn't been functioning properly since...

She couldn’t be saved in the same hospital she saved lives. The system will surely fail each and everyone of us. Now they have called the Governor. He should come and do what exactly ??

Na only mumu dey get hope for Nigeria.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by 12345baba(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2023
Lagos! Lagos!! Lagos!!! Yesterday na chopper

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Paresthesia (paja Paja) Is All About And Why You Experience It / Can A Person In Their Twenties Have Angina? / 10 Myths And Facts About Getting Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.