Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng (30256 Views)

The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor / Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng / Cost Of Transport Around Lagos Major Routes For Workers - Cotenant.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Afoobawss: 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
Add ojo

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by patani(m): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
cucumbae:
You didn't explain ladipo area.Are you bias?
The picture you uploaded is not even Nigeria.Our flood water is not as white as this due to our soil.It is red.

That was VGC dude... Can't u see NICON signboard?

2 Likes

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by ayenale1(m): 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
Timekeeper:
Naso ooo. The worst thing is a flood area. Anytime u see rain, u start getting sad...

God epp us

Abeg guys where can I get a land for like 50k in south west region only..

No be say d cash Don dey ooo, but I just wan know where I can get a land within southwest....

A plot of land

Never if u re taken to site to check land they can collect 30-40k to buy a land in SW u will have 500k above.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by hahn(m): 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2020
cucumbae:
The picture you uploaded is not even Nigeria.Our flood water is not as white as this due to our soil.It is red.

And the water cannot be that clean. Where are all the PET bottles and pure water nylons?
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by vheckthor1: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2020
@OP that website is misbehaving please do something about it

1 Like

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Daevid(m): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
Where's oniru, agungi, Osapa-London?
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by rafcrown(m): 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2020
I have interest in cheap but dry land too.Developing areas,not Aluwe or water logged.I cant swim.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Ernerstdavid55(m): 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
ajebuter:
You can never find Epe my home town
on that list .

That town was definitely founded on hills a long time ago..

In Epe, you must always drive uphill or downhill virtually on every street..

Well, somolu my hood is also fair sha.

God bless my LASGIDI home state
I swear epe and ikeja are twins, meanwhile epe is my home town too

2 Likes

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Ernerstdavid55(m): 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
CotenantNIG:
Hello Nairalanders
bee a while

Lets looking at FLOOD PRONE AREAS IN LAGOS

Today is a wet day for some parts of Lagos, it has been raining since morning here in Ikotun Lagos. It has been raining cats and rats
Everywhere is flooded in my areas as I speak, sometimes you wonder if rain in Nigeria is a blessing or curse. Lagos state drainage system is one of the worst in Nigeria but do you know the government is not to be blamed for the poor drainage system in Lagos but the citizens have been to some states in Nigeria and I think it's only in Lagos state that people behave mostly like Animals, sorry to use that word.
For example, how would someone carry his or her dirt and pour it inside the gutter when it's raining that person is not ok, you can find this kind of people scattered all over Lagos especially our market places in Lagos, if you go the market clean today believe me all your cloth would be stained.

Some people would build houses and shops on top of the drainage system, blocking the full passage of water in them. do you want to rent an apartment or buy one, please go for the inspection this period. This is the best time to inspect a property in Lagos

Cause of flooding in Lagos state
Poor drainage System
Irresponsibility from the inhabitants

Let's look at these places.

Lagos Island/Ikoyi
Due to the proximity of Lagos island to the sea, we can say this might be the major reason for the floods that do occur around there are times the beach overflow from its boundaries and enters into the streets.

Ejigbo
Ejigbo road is always flooded whether it rains or not, I don't think there is any other road in Nigeria that has refused to be completed since they started building it. Most of the market women and men pour dirt into the drainage some times,  the only time they clear the drainage is during environmental sanitation on Thursday.

Ajah
The Ajah area is no place to visit during the rainy season. Once the rain lasts for long, Ajah and Badore axis become super clumsy with traffic and pedestrians have to “swim” home. The area is close to the river, hence has a naturally low land. Unfortunately, the drainage system in the area is nothing above proper.

Lekki phase 1
There is a phrase that says the rich also cry whenever it rains heavily in lekki everywhere gets flooded. If you are not careful it would enter your house or even your luxury car.

Ibeju Lekki
Ibeju Lekki has dry and wet parts, some developers are doing a terrible job lying to prospects about how safe it is to buy wetlands in those locations. When buying land make sure to inspect the soil because you don't want your house to submerge when it rains heavily,

Surulere
Surulere is always flooded after a heavy downpour, I think its due to the proximity to the canal plays a major role in this too

Apapa
Bad roads play a major role in the flooding that happens in this location.

Orile-Agege
Poor house planning is the reason for the flooding in this area, most of the house are just jammed together blocking the drainage from moving freely

Oworo
Oworo is actually having the same issues as Orile Agege , poor house planning. if the government wants to fix the drainage in these locations most of the houses would have to be demolished.

Notable Mentions
Ladipo, Agege, Ifako,  Ogudu, Ayobo, Gbagada, Iyana-Ipaja, Ebutte Metta

https://cotenant.ng/flood-prone-areas-in-lagos-state/
Add yours

Thank you

ikeja is blessed
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by ajebuter(f): 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
so u be original Lagos indigene? No wonder!

Epe father

Ikorodu mother

Born and raised in ldunmota lsland..(forget the corporate look and education, )

Complete LASGIDI born and bred.. grin grin grin

Iyalaya Anybody grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by ajebuter(f): 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
I swear epe and ikeja are twins, meanwhile epe is my home town too

Waa gbayi jare Omo Ogunmodede grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by gungab(m): 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
Timekeeper:

Person wey Sabi... Aboru flood no be here

Do you know that Aboru is an Island? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by lexy2014: 7:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
cucumbae:

D picture uploaded is that of VGC just after d roundabout. U can see d signpost of nicon hotel on d right.

1 Like

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Openbusiness: 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
ajebuter:

Epe father

Ikorodu mother

Born and raised in ldunmota lsland..

Complete LASGIDI born and bred.. grin grin grin
Chaiii, kuku keee me grin. What a wonderment. Na u we go campaign for in 2023. Abeg come dash me small land for Epe na. U be real landlord grin

2 Likes

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by ajebuter(f): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
Chaiii, kuku keee me grin. What a wonderment. Na u we go campaign for in 2023. Abeg come dash me small land for Epe na. U be real landlord grin

That's my old man's jurisdiction.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Clean2016: 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2020
CotenantNIG:
Hello Nairalanders
bee a while

Which part come remain for Lagos again?
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by ikorodureporta: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
no Ikorodu
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by apache4: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2020
I live in Agungi

Babadee1900:
Clearly you have not been any close to the Island in Lagos. Take a visit to Chevy View estate on chevron drive now.
Have you heard of Agungi before?
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by agabusta: 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2020
cucumbae:

Are you sure that is not VGC? Flood in the Island part of Lagos is usually like the above picture.

1 Like

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by ajebuter(f): 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Isoright
There is no list

The whole of Lagos is one overated slum prone to flood

Oya Niggar,

Come chop konk for head for that comment..

Henceforth, we won't sell you original weed

3 Likes

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by agabusta: 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
hahn:

And the water cannot be that clean. Where are all the PET bottles and pure water nylons?

Oga that picture is VGC, Lekki.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by passiveincome01: 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2020
Oh
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
Timekeeper:
Naso ooo. The worst thing is a flood area. Anytime u see rain, u start getting sad...

God epp us

No be say d cash Don dey ooo, but I just wan know where I can get a land within southwest....

A plot of land
You will get such a land in a very remote area.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Timekeeper: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
eniolaamos7:

You will get such a land in a very remote area.
Like where??
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by winterfell007(m): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
Jupiter7:
Ayam not surprised that Lekki made the top list. People are busy selling lands off massively at Ibeju lekki without warning the ignorant buyers of the dangers ahead. The whole of Ibeju Lekki is very flood prone, infact it is a ticking time bomb with the global warming and rise in sea level. Those who have ears, let them hear.

I don't usually mind those real estate agents that'll be disturbing me on my whataspp status to buy their lands.
I've always known that ibeju-lekki and its environs are just two metres above sea levels. I rather buy land in Imota.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
Timekeeper:

Like where??
I don't know of any. But the amount you mentioned is quite too low. Average cost of a plot is around #350k at middle-class locations

1 Like

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Karrate: 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2020
How about ABUJA?

Please sing little praise and cherish your own too now!

GarangDeMabior:
Lagos is a glorified village. Over hyped village.

If you need a city with proper planning in Africa
Move to;

Johannesburg..
Accra
Nairobi
Dar es Salaam
Addis Abeba
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by frozen70(f): 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
Timekeeper:

God epp us

A plot of land
You are not yet having the cash amd you want land

So how will you safeguard the land by erecting building there
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Timekeeper: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
frozen70:

You are not yet having the cash amd you want land

So how will you safeguard the land by erecting building there

Lo. I need to safeguard land again... If I Don buy, is it not my property for life.. Do I need to safeguard again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Construction Of Flyover In Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) / London Riot Pls Post Pics! / Reopening: Passengers Must Arrive Airports Three Hours Before Flights - FAAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.