Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng (30223 Views)

The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor / Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng / Cost Of Transport Around Lagos Major Routes For Workers - Cotenant.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by frozen70(f): 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2020
Timekeeper:

Lo. I need to safeguard land again... If I Don buy, is it not my property for life.. Do I need to safeguard again

Haaa pls think twice if you really need a land

The people that sells land now wants you to pay and start work else they resell it and relocate you deeper
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by ena5four(m): 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2020
LegitSideJob:
Great...

See how another hacker steals money from access bank using an app:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HFtqCTfVZc

EFCC, NIGERIA POLICE FORCE, CBN TAKE NOTE.

I DONT KNOW WHY YOUTUBE REFUSES TO TAKE THE VIDEO DOWN AFTER REPORTING IT.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Bluntyarn20: 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2020
@Cucumbae the picture above is v.g.c don't be so quick to say what you don't know, if you're using a good phone zoom closer you will notice the signpost is for Nicon Hotel v.g.c
So the above picture is Nigeria plus it is not everywhere in Nigeria that has red sand.

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Higgies(m): 10:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
CotenantNIG:

Do you need a shared apartment or have a shared apartment
https://cotenant.ng/add-listing/
The site is too ambiguous.
Not straight forward to navigate.
I ended up confused.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Olibboy: 11:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
prodigyy:
Some parts of gowon estate, egbeda..

Any location can experience flooding if there is poor drainage systems and porous soil.

years back...na like two times I pack water for egbeda Lagos...it was a result of poor drainage and porous soil
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by ericmor: 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
CotenantNIG:

Do you need a shared apartment or have a shared apartment
https://cotenant.ng/add-listing/

Those are needed around abule oja, akoka, morroco etc area
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Iwanttoto: 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2020
cucumbae:
You didn't explain ladipo area.Are you bias?
The picture you uploaded is not even Nigeria.Our flood water is not as white as this due to our soil.It is red.

Shut up. That na vgc
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by benny21704(m): 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2020
That's Nixon na. VGC. Upfront is catholic church of transfiguration..
cucumbae:
The picture you uploaded is not even Nigeria.Our flood water is not as white as this due to our soil.It is red.

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by hahn(m): 12:20am On Sep 10, 2020
agabusta:

Oga that picture is VGC, Lekki.

E be like say you never reach Lekki before
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 10, 2020
winterfell007:

I don't usually mind those real estate agents that'll be disturbing me on my whataspp status to buy their lands.
I've always known that ibeju-lekki and its environs are just two metres above sea levels. I rather buy land in Imota.
alpha beach chevron axis. The beach used to 15 mins walk. Now he don near.chop many houses

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by thatsleepboy1: 1:23am On Sep 10, 2020
CotenantNIG:
Hello Nairalanders
bee a while

Lets looking at FLOOD PRONE AREAS IN LAGOS

Today is a wet day for some parts of Lagos, it has been raining since morning here in Ikotun Lagos. It has been raining cats and rats
Everywhere is flooded in my areas as I speak, sometimes you wonder if rain in Nigeria is a blessing or curse. Lagos state drainage system is one of the worst in Nigeria but do you know the government is not to be blamed for the poor drainage system in Lagos but the citizens have been to some states in Nigeria and I think it's only in Lagos state that people behave mostly like Animals, sorry to use that word.
For example, how would someone carry his or her dirt and pour it inside the gutter when it's raining that person is not ok, you can find this kind of people scattered all over Lagos especially our market places in Lagos, if you go the market clean today believe me all your cloth would be stained.

Some people would build houses and shops on top of the drainage system, blocking the full passage of water in them. do you want to rent an apartment or buy one, please go for the inspection this period. This is the best time to inspect a property in Lagos

Cause of flooding in Lagos state
Poor drainage System
Irresponsibility from the inhabitants

Let's look at these places.

Lagos Island/Ikoyi
Due to the proximity of Lagos island to the sea, we can say this might be the major reason for the floods that do occur around there are times the beach overflow from its boundaries and enters into the streets.

Ejigbo
Ejigbo road is always flooded whether it rains or not, I don't think there is any other road in Nigeria that has refused to be completed since they started building it. Most of the market women and men pour dirt into the drainage some times,  the only time they clear the drainage is during environmental sanitation on Thursday.

Ajah
The Ajah area is no place to visit during the rainy season. Once the rain lasts for long, Ajah and Badore axis become super clumsy with traffic and pedestrians have to “swim” home. The area is close to the river, hence has a naturally low land. Unfortunately, the drainage system in the area is nothing above proper.

Lekki phase 1
There is a phrase that says the rich also cry whenever it rains heavily in lekki everywhere gets flooded. If you are not careful it would enter your house or even your luxury car.

Ibeju Lekki
Ibeju Lekki has dry and wet parts, some developers are doing a terrible job lying to prospects about how safe it is to buy wetlands in those locations. When buying land make sure to inspect the soil because you don't want your house to submerge when it rains heavily,

Surulere
Surulere is always flooded after a heavy downpour, I think its due to the proximity to the canal plays a major role in this too

Apapa
Bad roads play a major role in the flooding that happens in this location.

Orile-Agege
Poor house planning is the reason for the flooding in this area, most of the house are just jammed together blocking the drainage from moving freely

Oworo
Oworo is actually having the same issues as Orile Agege , poor house planning. if the government wants to fix the drainage in these locations most of the houses would have to be demolished.

Notable Mentions
Ladipo, Agege, Ifako,  Ogudu, Ayobo, Gbagada, Iyana-Ipaja, Ebutte Metta

https://cotenant.ng/flood-prone-areas-in-lagos-state/
Add yours

Thank you

OP, i was expecting you to include yaba cos yaba is always flooded. Places in yaba that are always flooded are Iwaya, makoko, alagomeji even sabo too along commercial Avenue inward new makoko and I can give you a full account of places and the name of each street with pictures . Abeg correct that thing.

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Clothingonline9(m): 4:02am On Sep 10, 2020
Seriously flooding in any city with population and beach
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by samnaija: 5:37am On Sep 10, 2020
List not complete come isheri oshun in ikotun. You will see flood, apart from the poor drainage, people build on it, throw refuse out during the rains and government will keep doing the start and stop game on the expansion of the canal. We will commence expansion today, then they abadon it... Lagos.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by agabusta: 5:49am On Sep 10, 2020
hahn:

E be like say you never reach Lekki before

See this one oh. Lekki be Beverley Hills for your side abi?

Nairaland and its oversabi kids. Many people asides me have pointed out that the picture is VGC, you are still here forming smart mouth.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by agabusta: 5:55am On Sep 10, 2020
Kekereekun123:
alpha beach chevron axis. The beach used to 15 mins walk. Now he don near.chop many houses

For real? Can water treatment give them clean water in that area? How are people coping?
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 10, 2020
Thank jah, my area that i live in abia state is flood-prone.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by hahn(m): 8:03am On Sep 10, 2020
agabusta:

See this one oh. Lekki be Beverley Hills for your side abi?

Nairaland and its oversabi kids. Many people asides me have pointed out that the picture is VGC, you are still here forming smart mouth.

Lol. See as you take am personal.

Since it's VGC I'm not surprised. That's like having one leg in naija and the other in the US grin
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by rapheal5(m): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2020
To plant tree abi?
Timekeeper:
Naso ooo. The worst thing is a flood area. Anytime u see rain, u start getting sad...

God epp us

Abeg guys where can I get a land for like 50k in south west region only..

No be say d cash Don dey ooo, but I just wan know where I can get a land within southwest....

A plot of land
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Timekeeper: 8:41am On Sep 10, 2020
rapheal5:
To plant tree abi?

Build house na
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by boxer022(m): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2020
You forgot to mention Amuwo Odofin especially around apple junction, that area is always flooded when it rains due to poor drainage system. Even if it rains for 5 mins only, the flood will be there.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Sammyolis: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2020
water don carry our school
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2020
agabusta:

For real? Can water treatment give them clean water in that area? How are people coping?
they buy water f
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by rapheal5(m): 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
U can only get a portion of land in a very thick forest for that amount and u will still spend 50k to uproot the iroko tree on the land
Timekeeper:

Build house na
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by Timekeeper: 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2020
rapheal5:
U can only get a portion of land in a very thick forest for that amount and u will still spend 50k to uproot the iroko tree on the land

I don't mind building a house in the thick forest with wild animals grin grin grin

Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by SecretPerv: 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
cucumbae:

That's the road that leads to Nicon at VGC.
The Lekki Penninsula is sandy hence.
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by missphumby(f): 10:57pm On Apr 08, 2021
mabea:
Abeg remove ogudu there
Why, I thought lagoon estate got flooded recently
Re: Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng by PaulH07: 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2023
Safe to say Lagos is a flood state sha undecided

Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students / Volkswagen Falls Into Gutter At Dopemu Lagos Due To Bad Tyre (Photos) / Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia