Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll (45893 Views)

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Withdraws From Edo Governorship Race / JUST IN: Channels Television Goes Offline As Staff Flee Lagos. / Trumps White House Will Consider PDP Youth Leaders Petition - US Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by Yada01(m): 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2020
the deputy governor of NRM is my friend. This guys took the bull by it horn. I wish him all the best
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by DTaj: 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
A huge joke! First, the title of the thread is false- it was a poll, not a debate!

Second, a poll that lasted for ONLY 3 HOURS was conducted on a week day, when a lot of Edo people are at work, in the markets, their shops etc, and that counts for anything?

Third, Nigeria is NOT USA and Europe, where polls matter. Even polls in those places go wrong when compared to real results- Donald Trump is a recent example. Also, there are countless cases where opinion polls are the EXACT OPPOSITE of the real election in Nigeria- Fayemi vs Fayose (Ekiti), Dele Belgore vs Fattah Ahmed (Kwara), Nasko vs Bello (Niger), Jegede vs Akeredolu (Ondo), Yahaya Bello vs Wada (Kogi), etc, etc.

Fourth, in Nigeria, demographics suggest that MAJORITY of VOTERS are not SOCIAL-MEDIA or INTERNET SAVVY. THEY CAN'T EVEN ACCESS THE INTERNET TO VOTE IN A POLL! Recall that Ifeanyi Ubah's TAN conjured up millions of signatures for Jonathan in 2015, and said it was so sure for his re-election, but what happened? Buhari defeated Jonathan clearly.

Fifth, this fake poll could easily have been influenced by e-rats who were given abundant free data. Na today?

September 19 is only 10 days away. The defeat of ingrate Obaseki, who lacks good leadership qualities, will be monumental!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by Jman06(m): 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
Obaseki will win the edo gubernatorial election come 19th September!

It's been spiritually signed and sealed, my people!
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by dustydee: 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
Aisosa25:
Obaseki trumps Ize-Iyamu 57% to 40%, emerges winner in CHANNELS TV preferred debaters’ poll

…poll result gives insight into election outcome – Osagie[i][/i]

Edo State Governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, on Tuesday trumped candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Osagie Ize-Iyamu by well over 17 points (Obaseki 57.73%; Ize-Iyamu 40.07%), in an online poll conducted by multiple award-winning broadcasting station, CHANNELS Television in partnership with Nigeria Civil Society Situation Room.

The poll, according to the organisers, was put together to enable the general public select their preferred gubernatorial candidates that will feature in the station’s forthcoming debate programme.

Members of the public were asked to vote for the gubernatorial candidates of their choice from among the 14 listed, including Godwin Obaseki, PDP; Osagie Ize-Iyamu, APC; Jones Osagiobare YPP; Lucky Osagie Idehen, APGA; Felix Obayangbon, SDP, and nine others.

The poll which lasted over three hours, saw the APC candidate, Ize-Iyamu in an early lead, only to be trounced by Godwin Obaseki, the PDP candidate, who sustained the lead; 57.73% to 40.07%, till the poll closed.

Special Adviser to Edo State Governor on Media and Communication Strategy, Mr. Crusoe Osagie, commenting on the poll result, noted that “it reflects Governor Obaseki’s popularity and gives insight into the outcome of September 19 poll.

Candidate of the YPP, Osagiobare, took the third position with 0.36%. From bottom, Felix Obayangbon of the SDP scored zero vote; Igbineweka Osamuede of APM scored 0.07 %; while Stevie Nash Ozono of NRM scored 0.11%.

Facebook: fb.com/godwinobasekiofficial
Twitter: @governorobaseki
Instagram: @governorobaseki
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GovernorGodwinObaseki

SEE SCREEN SHOTS OF POLL RESULT BELOW:

Win for a poll on who should attend a debate. After the debate proper, what if Iyamu wins the debate?
So many people commenting without reading the content. I am sure even the moderator -Seun or Mynd44 or Lalasticlala did not read it before putting the misleading headline on the front page.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
Nonsense polls. Una hear say America dey do polls you self wan still do. How many of those people actually live in Edo state? Did they sample market women?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by okuta007: 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
honestly if you want to feel the pulse of the people in Edo State - please subscribe to DJM TV on youtube - there is this short man interviewing random people live in the streets of Benin City and asking who they want to vote for - I have been following the interview series - for every 10 persons interviewed randomly ( you will see it that he is not selecting people but anyone who walks up him) out of every 10 - Obaseki voters are like 7 to 8 and Ize Iyamu 3 to 2. IT IS AUDIBLE TO THE DEAF and VISIBLE TO THE BLIND

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by murade: 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
real and majority of voters are not online, let's wait till d day, PDP will cry rigging, I know that, PDP never accept defeat

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by ramatintin(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2020
Even Atiku win online poll.the real voters de village with no internet access.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by Jabioro: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2020
Oya make una go inaugurate him ..na so una do for atikulation..wetin dey ground pass wetin una dey see ..by the APC unveil some of una go rigging...

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by LaboPolitics: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2020
joelbooks:
Obaseki will surely win online polls, but on ground , Pastor Ize-Iyamu

Online polls that that happens are reflective of TRUE electoral situations in Southern Nigeria.

Don't take my word for it, do your findings.
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by adanny01(m): 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2020
Aisosa25:
Obaseki trumps Ize-Iyamu 57% to 40%, emerges winner in CHANNELS TV preferred debaters’ poll

Edo State Governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, on Tuesday trumped candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Osagie Ize-Iyamu by well over 17 points (Obaseki 57.73%; Ize-Iyamu 40.07%), in an online poll conducted by multiple award-winning broadcasting station, CHANNELS Television in partnership with Nigeria Civil Society Situation Room.

The poll, according to the organisers, was put together to enable the general public select their preferred gubernatorial candidates that will feature in the station’s forthcoming debate programme.

Members of the public were asked to vote for the gubernatorial candidates of their choice from among the 14 listed, including Godwin Obaseki, PDP; Osagie Ize-Iyamu, APC; Jones Osagiobare YPP; Lucky Osagie Idehen, APGA; Felix Obayangbon, SDP, and nine others.

The poll which lasted over three hours, saw the APC candidate, Ize-Iyamu in an early lead, only to be trounced by Godwin Obaseki, the PDP candidate, who sustained the lead; 57.73% to 40.07%, till the poll closed.

Special Adviser to Edo State Governor on Media and Communication Strategy, Mr. Crusoe Osagie, commenting on the poll result, noted that “it reflects Governor Obaseki’s popularity and gives insight into the outcome of September 19 poll.

Candidate of the YPP, Osagiobare, took the third position with 0.36%. From bottom, Felix Obayangbon of the SDP scored zero vote; Igbineweka Osamuede of APM scored 0.07 %; while Stevie Nash Ozono of NRM scored 0.11%.

Did channels TV check their voters voter card?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by BIGGESThead6: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
Trash.

Na so Goodluck Jonathan defeated Buhari in all the online poles conducted. Yes, Buhari defeated him in the main election with wide margin.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
martineverest:
osun Is no Edo my brother
I pray so
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by Bahamas95(m): 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
As for me there are only two political parties in Nigeria, the others should merge to make it three.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by wetmenow: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
wow
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by fergie001: 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
adioolayi:
Good one... expected because he is the sitting Governor and have access to some statistics. If it is by debate...Maybe some Atiku, backed by Peter Obi (Although sometimes churn out false claims..the guy they use charisma back falsehood grin) will be Nigeria's President by now.
You no well....wallahi grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by raumdeuter: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
Congrats Obaseki, When will he be inaugurated by online president Atiku

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by Skymason20(m): 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
still testing mic. 19 is the deal day grin
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by Ijaya123: 7:18pm On Sep 09, 2020
PDP always making the same mistake, all the time.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by passiveincome01: 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by golddare: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
Aisosa25:

I hope they have their voters cards for the September 29 election.
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by anonimi: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2020
Racoon:
This is just a sample survey but APC simply learnt & worsened the rigging strategy from PDP.Imagine Nigeria elections are rigged or decleared inconclusive then determined by the courts.Power is no more in the hands of the electorate.

PDP and Obaseki have no excuse.
They have to up their game as they did in Benue, Akwa Ibom and Rivers states. Ginger the people to vote massively and defend their votes until the winner is announced.
Why would the good people of Edo state want to bear the same yoke of godfatherism that is crushing and squeezing Lagosians to fill up the bullion vans for Bourdillon?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
Are they all eligible voters in Edo states?
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by lokho(m): 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
southniyikaye:
Well, online pool doesn't translate to the main thing.
I just wish these greedy sets of people will make this thing smooth without shedding blood but since some people are already planning how to arrest and detain some and the one in aso is saying" we. Will exceed your expectations "
Obaseki should braze up for the Hiroshima tsunami ahead.
May the best man win.
I hate politics and this seems to be my first comment ever on political matters.

Kogi
Osun should tell Obaseki what these people can do.
I HATE POLITICS
I HATE POLITICIANS

But they decide your future. Wise up man and get involved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by Nfora: 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
Rubbish.

A very callous and mischievous attempt to mislead the public.

How does a poll to determine who should debate be escalated with such a very misleading headline.

A poll that includes non Edo voters.

What a shame!

SMH
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by anonimi: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2020
raumdeuter:
Congrats Obaseki, When will he be inaugurated by online president Atiku

He will be inaugurated by the wailing noisemaker who is shouting upandan to be the local godfather of Edo, since you know that presidents inaugurate governors. Is that how the illiterate followers of the affidavit equals certificate technicality president think?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11720358_fbimg15919816072656135_jpeg594b180e38f64950e93325bba350834b

dre11:
FLASHBACK: Oshiomhole once wanted building named after Obaseki for ‘selfless service’

Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), once said Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, worked for the state using his brain and creativity.

Oshiomhole, who praised the governor during the governorship campaign of 2016, said a building at the government house should be named after Obaseki for his selfless service.

Oshiomhole said while he was governor of Edo, Obaseki helped him build the economy team of the state with his network.

“I know my limit. He knows his limit. Godwin Obaseki has worked for seven and half years for the people of Edo state, using his brain, creativity, quietly, not making noise,” Oshiomhole said.

“He sits in the office of the economic team which he built using his network of friends inside the heart of government house without demanding one naira.

“A man like that who will not ask me to give him contracts, but will promise me, comrade, you just do the thinking, we will create the means to actualise your thoughts. And to his credit today, check the books of Edo state, we did not build new structures in government house with government money. That economic team office was built through Godwin’s network. Today, it remains a permanent asset of the state government.

“I want us to be calling that building Godwin Obaseki building. I don’t see your opponent Ize-Iyamu being able to say that. In 2007, check the records, Ize-Iyamu was hiding from EFCC. He didn’t not vote. How can somebody who didn’t vote claim that he made me.

“If you have to look at Godwin and his credentials and you look at a man whose only work, by his CV, was a student and rusticated for two years, he read law but he is not a barrister. That is his foundation. I never gave him government job. Lucky Igbinedion’s mother was reported to have slapped Ize-Iyamu for misleading her son. He tried it with me, but we kept him away. Nothing near government circle. No access to public funds.

“Look at the road to his house, in our books, was dual carriage way. They took the money, constructed the road to his house and stopped. Although we have liquidated the godfathers politically, the entire political family will be liquidated.”

https://www.thecable.ng/flashback-oshiomhole-once-wanted-building-named-after-obaseki-for-selfless-service

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12060812_74438269e05545dda3ffd67c00807429_jpeg_jpeg6b3dfb7e87ba642c9d1d76e4a6c2c3c2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by collinometricx: 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
Aisosa25:
Obaseki has done so much support in Edo, i believe you don't stay in Edo State

Which edo state?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by garfield1: 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2020
okuta007:
honestly if you want to feel the pulse of the people in Edo State - please subscribe to DJM TV on youtube - there is this short man interviewing random people live in the streets of Benin City and asking who they want to vote for - I have been following the interview series - for every 10 persons interviewed randomly ( you will see it that he is not selecting people but anyone who walks up him) out of every 10 - Obaseki voters are like 7 to 8 and Ize Iyamu 3 to 2. IT IS AUDIBLE TO THE DEAF and VISIBLE TO THE BLIND

Please,break it down.am not good in maths

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
tuniski:
As it is , even federal might cant rescue Iyamu. The irony and lesson is that Oshiomole took edo from PDP and oshiomole has returned Edo back to PDP.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll by DTaj: 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
okuta007:

And random interviews on the streets of Benin (likely a section of Benin, not even the whole!) gives you a wholesale indication of the likely winner of an election taking place in the entire state? What happened to Edo North and Edo Central?

How did your submission make any sense?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Storm Akoko Palace, Threaten To Kill Monarch / Deji Adeyanju Welcomes Dino Melaye And Shehu Sani To The Street / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Simon Ekpa: "This Guy Has Cotton Between His Ears"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.