Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination (20548 Views)

Osun PDP Members Protest, Accuse Gov Makinde Of Interference In Party Affairs / Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG / Ajimobi Leaving Oyo Government House After Handover (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by erux(m): 7:06am On Sep 10, 2020
olus01:
This one of the reasons Jesus wept thousands years ago
sorry.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by pensilpyper(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2020
Those police wey like to dey scatter protest
Why Dem no go disturb this one's na
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by AreaFada2: 7:21am On Sep 10, 2020
crafteck:
It hurts to see people think traditional worship is bad but Christianity, islam etc are good. We imported well packaged religions, demonised ours through films and lectures but when real problems come, we remember theres one traditionalist somewhere..... Weve gone mad, without our religion, cultural heritage, arts...... We are nothing, allowing foreign bodies to strip us of our identity... As the adage goes... OMO ALE LON FOWO OSI JUWE ILE BABA E(NA BAST.. ARD GO USE LEFT HAND POINT HIN PAPA HOUSE) continue demonising yours.... When push comes to sholve, you would realise you are still second tier citizens in another mans world... Maybe except for religious leaders milking you dry.They can pay their way into anything with your sweat and hard earned cash.
European and Arab imperialists thoroughly brainwashed the Blackman o. We must look at ourselves holistically again to know why we have failed. No self confidence.

We borrow everything foreign and malign ours.
And it has got us nowhere.

5 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by ModestGal(f): 7:26am On Sep 10, 2020
I wish I could join them in this protest. No discrimination whatsoever

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by asanwafo: 7:36am On Sep 10, 2020
bikerboy1:
Public holidays for what actually
Friday and Sunday are for the Christians and Muslim respectively. What about the traditionalist

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2020
illicit:
The atheists and Agnostics should have a day too
We don't need one.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by illicit(m): 7:46am On Sep 10, 2020
SegFault:

We don't need one.

I do
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by akdjr(m): 7:46am On Sep 10, 2020
I am glad that Africans traditional religion are coming out to claim their rightful position. How can African set aside a day to celebrate a Jew and an Arab. Meanwhile, we have Africans who are heroes in our African divination but they are not recognize cos we have been brainwashed to believe that a Jew and an Arab is a saviour or messengers.

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 10, 2020
gaventa:
What you call UPGRADE is the problem. That is an offshoot of greed, selfishness. Do you even realize that the OLD testament is not actually OLD because the Hebrews dont see it as OLD, the New Testament was written in Greek by Europeans who decided to name the Hebrew written OLD. Take it or you leave it.
you are not Arabs, Jews or Hebrew Israelites. You are what you are, Africans from the continent of Africa. And so shall it be until the end of time.
When you read the Bible and the Quran you wouldn't find your ancestors in those books.or Afro-Arabian until you embrace your natural nature. When you read the Bible and the Quran you wouldn't find your ancestors in those books. There's no mentioned of them except as "evil" Pharoahs who ruled the world. Cultural identity is key to dignity
It seems like you are trying to force us to accept these religions, we should fight for tolerance instead, don't demonise anyone because of his religion. And mind you, these religions where the better options when they came because our traditional religions had annoying customs which discriminated against a sect of people (Osu caste), did human sacrifices and many other mundane and evil things, so when these religions came and they seemed peaceful we embraced them, most especially those who suffered from these caste systems (slaves, outcasts, lower classes etc)

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 10, 2020
illicit:

I do
gringrin okaysir
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Ghostrye: 7:55am On Sep 10, 2020
True na, since my lil days I've been wondering why there are holidays for Christians and Muslims, but none for the indigenous tradition, like why.
It's either we all have no holidays or we all have our holidays, no special treatment towards any religion..... and I like holidays, so a few extra days won't hurt nobody

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by davido91(m): 8:00am On Sep 10, 2020
Funny how nothing about imams or Islam is on this. Say something about them, I dare you.

Softgamer:
https://www.nairaland.com/6108578/99.95-pastors-babalawos-most-religious

all pastors, imams, babalawos etc are yahooboys or fraudsters.

1. when a pastor uses the bible to trick you into giving your entire salary as seed with the promise that where it came out from will multiply 10 folds and at the end of the year it never did, then that is yahoo or fraud. STEALING BY TRICKS. and it is punishable under the law and constitution of the federal republic.

2. when a pastor makes u believe that he has stayed for 5 years without visiting the hospital and never got sick because he paid his tithe and sowed a whosky seed for god so god gave him good heath. HE SHOULD BE ARRESTED. this is misinformation and it could actually lead to loss of life.
these pastors live in posh apartments devoid of dirt, flies, mosquito etc. the environment is disinfected regular and they eat very good fruits and food which automatically boost theor immune system. now tell me, how the Bleep wll these scumbags get sick. if they want to proove that they never got sick because of the whosky seed they sowed, let them go to agege or ajegunle or any surburb where their members life and stay in the condition they are without good phone and bad environment and let me see if they will not get sick.

3. when a babalawo tells u that he can do bullet proof for you , he should be arrested. these scumbags have claimed several lives with this stunt.

i could go on and on but i just had to state the major ones. yahoo boys yahoo yahoo no pass this one.
if you must quote me , make sure u are talking sense, dont come telling me shit like THE BIBLE SAID THIS OR THAT. when those bookd where written, the situation was not like now.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 10, 2020
They appealed to Christians and Muslims to join in the protests? lol. These are the last set of people to appeal to grin

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 10, 2020
Susu888:
Oyedepo people will not agree, na only them get religion but they r first to shout nigeria is a secular state when it concerns them.
Practice wht u preach u hypocrites!
They should give them their holiday else matters on blasphemy should no longer be discussed by non muslims.
Its either right or left , no double standards.
Wetin this one dey talk?
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Softgamer: 8:12am On Sep 10, 2020
davido91:
Funny how nothing about imams or Islam is on this. Say something about them, I dare you.

i clearly said imams? abi u no fit read? besides an imam is better than a pastor. u don see imam ask for offering before? abi u don see imam tell u to bring ur salary so u can get blessed? i even think putting them on this is wrong

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by OkoAnike(m): 8:12am On Sep 10, 2020
crafteck:
It hurts to see people think traditional worship is bad but Christianity, islam etc are good. We imported well packaged religions, demonised ours through films and lectures but when real problems come, we remember theres one traditionalist somewhere..... Weve gone mad, without our religion, cultural heritage, arts...... We are nothing, allowing foreign bodies to strip us of our identity... As the adage goes... OMO ALE LON FOWO OSI JUWE ILE BABA E(NA BAST.. ARD GO USE LEFT HAND POINT HIN PAPA HOUSE) continue demonising yours.... When push comes to sholve, you would realise you are still second tier citizens in another mans world... Maybe except for religious leaders milking you dry.They can pay their way into anything with your sweat and hard earned cash.

Gaddafi is very correct

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Openbusiness: 8:18am On Sep 10, 2020
IamWonderful:
Traditionalists are also Nigerians, if other religion have public holiday, they should be given also.
Ok, but what about those days they do their traditional rituals and that they impose themselves on society and ban people from movement? And kill anyone that doesn't obey or caught during that time. Is that one not holiday enough? Maybe the Government should ban them from such things first, then we can talk about holiday.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by udemzyudex(m): 8:32am On Sep 10, 2020
gaventa:
What you call UPGRADE is the problem. That is an offshoot of greed, selfishness. Do you even realize that the OLD testament is not actually OLD because the Hebrews dont see it as OLD, the New Testament was written in Greek by Europeans who decided to name the Hebrew written OLD. Take it or you leave it.
you are not Arabs, Jews or Hebrew Israelites. You are what you are, Africans from the continent of Africa. And so shall it be until the end of time.
When you read the Bible and the Quran you wouldn't find your ancestors in those books.or Afro-Arabian until you embrace your natural nature. When you read the Bible and the Quran you wouldn't find your ancestors in those books. There's no mentioned of them except as "evil" Pharoahs who ruled the world. Cultural identity is key to dignity

Who is talking about Hebrew here? I'm talking about Africans seeing traditional worshiping as odd.

At least we read about people of God going to war and God supports it, they even offer sacrifice to God and he accepts same thing traditional worshiper are doing then came the new testament.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by udemzyudex(m): 8:33am On Sep 10, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

Why are you blaming others? You can't upgrade it yourself? Don't you have a tribe or culture?

Isnt it your own duty to nurture your own ancestral beliefs?

Traditional Religions are not like organized abrahamic religion. There is no apex body controlling its affairs.

Some traditional religions such as Ifa are more organized than other tribal religions.

It is your duty to confer with your elders and faimly and reinstate shrines in your household or locality as per your ancestral culture.

My duty? I'm i a traditional worshiper? Is your brain paining you?
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by udemzyudex(m): 8:36am On Sep 10, 2020
crafteck:

Traditional worshippers comprise of so many passed down, i think their only sin is not becoming yahoo religions, forcing people to join or die, organising sittings of 50k people and shouting ''I SEE ONE EBUKA' 'in the middle or bombing religious formats. Who else notices nigerian and a lot of other religious leaders see themselves as demi-gods? They stand and subtly throw jabs forgetting to tell you you have as much connection to god as they do but instead come with the most expensive attires obtained from the sweat of others and tell you How "god " blessed them..

That's why when some people say talk like that to a man of God, I begin to wonder if the person talking is a man of Satan just because he is calling out a pastor.

Smh
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Gkemz: 9:01am On Sep 10, 2020
Afonjas are inseparable from fetish lifestyles and belief system.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by tsagir(m): 9:10am On Sep 10, 2020
WHY EXCLUDED IMAM
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by adenigga(m): 9:13am On Sep 10, 2020
saheedbadmus:
Let's say this without being partial cos I can see some people bashing this people ... I must say Nigerian Govt dey do partial .. ever since primary school days na him we don know say na 3 religion we get for Nigeria.. we have the Christians -Muslims -Traditional Worshippers ..

When ever it's Easter and Christmas period a 2days holiday is given to the christians

When ever it's Eid adha and Eid Kabirs period a 2days holiday is given to the muslims

So why can't Govt recognize the third religion and give them holiday during their isese day which is Aug 20 I believe .. Giving them 2days holiday isn't a bad idea .. Afterall this traditional worshippers don dey Nigeria before other religions arrived and since we have some people that are still practicing it and you govt also recognizes the religion I see nothing wrong giving them holiday ..
The funny thing is most politicians run to them during election period o but do it coded..

You have spoken my mind.

To add to your submission, where the issue lies is a situations we have witnessed several times along Lagos - Ibadan expressway where we have more than enough Church camps & Nasfat camp has joined.

You will see some people leaving Redemption camp on Saturday morning heading straight to Prayer City of MFM. At times you will cross Alfas on your way within the camps, ditto for some Church leaders in Nasfat camp.

That's why we can't find traditional worshippers' camps along that expressway, because those coming from church/mosque camps are traditionalists patrons.

So, it might be difficult to get that demand realized o, unless they sign a memorandum of understanding that, please, don't identified with us publicly o!!!
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Thereishel: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2020
They need to change their ways and accept Jesus as their Lord and personal savior EVEN IN USA, GOVERNMENT DON'T RECOGNIZE ISLAMIC RELIGION THEY DON'T GIVE THEM JUST ONE DAY OF HOLIDAY
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by kareemkamil(m): 10:05am On Sep 10, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
Oyo is not like Osun or other APC states that practise Tradoislam lipsrsealed

When will u regain ur lost memory
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by adeniyi65(m): 10:17am On Sep 10, 2020
olus01:
This one of the reasons Jesus wept thousands years ago
That man's head in your comment has really suffered in the hands of you Photoshopers
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by SenorFax(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2020
Softgamer:
https://www.nairaland.com/6108578/99.95-pastors-babalawos-most-religious

all pastors, imams, babalawos etc are yahooboys or fraudsters.

1. when a pastor uses the bible to trick you into giving your entire salary as seed with the promise that where it came out from will multiply 10 folds and at the end of the year it never did, then that is yahoo or fraud. STEALING BY TRICKS. and it is punishable under the law and constitution of the federal republic.

2. when a pastor makes u believe that he has stayed for 5 years without visiting the hospital and never got sick because he paid his tithe and sowed a whosky seed for god so god gave him good heath. HE SHOULD BE ARRESTED. this is misinformation and it could actually lead to loss of life.
these pastors live in posh apartments devoid of dirt, flies, mosquito etc. the environment is disinfected regular and they eat very good fruits and food which automatically boost theor immune system. now tell me, how the Bleep wll these scumbags get sick. if they want to proove that they never got sick because of the whosky seed they sowed, let them go to agege or ajegunle or any surburb where their members life and stay in the condition they are without good phone and bad environment and let me see if they will not get sick.

3. when a babalawo tells u that he can do bullet proof for you , he should be arrested. these scumbags have claimed several lives with this stunt.

i could go on and on but i just had to state the major ones. yahoo boys yahoo yahoo no pass this one.
if you must quote me , make sure u are talking sense, dont come telling me shit like THE BIBLE SAID THIS OR THAT. when those bookd where written, the situation was not like now.

You didn't seem to talk about Imams and Muslim's own.

Are you scared or you just missed the point?

Back to your jargons, na people like you dey judge a whole Gender based on just few attitudes. And at the end of the day you will say you or ppl close to you are different.

Your point is the same as calling all Nigerian youths yahoo boys and all ladies olosho.

Until you can statistically back up your claim, just shut the fvck up.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by adenigga(m): 11:02am On Sep 10, 2020
asanwafo:
Friday and Sunday are for the Christians and Muslim respectively. What about the traditionalist

Thursdays!

Ojobo!!!
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by gaventa: 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
First I am not forcing any religion on anyone and even if I did it exactly the same thing they did to my forefathers. They were enslaved and made to read only the Bible for years. They chained their Mouth just so they won’t be able to pass their own traditional and cultural values to their offspring and you know how much chaos that has caused to the African Race. Talking about Himan sacrifice , I would want to you to go and read about HEresy, Crusade and Blasphemy and please come back to tell me who is worst. Just so you don’t know at a time Christians killed whoever didn’t believe in their doctrine: the fact that they evolved with time doesn’t mean they are the best. Give us the same time to heal also. You can’t even use Human sacrifice as a yRdstick because I will tel you do many things early Christians did also that’s more barbaric than what you feel we did. When the "civilizers" came they saw a society with no prison, no homeless people, no prostituttion, no violence, no capitalism, no slums and ghettos. In fact there was no devil and hell fire operated by an angry Asiatic creator who indicted His own creation. By the time they were done, hell came down and imaginary heaven was revealed. I choose the ancestors!!!
SegFault:

It seems like you are trying to force us to accept these religions, we should fight for tolerance instead, don't demonise anyone because of his religion. And mind you, these religions where the better options when they came because our traditional religions had annoying customs which discriminated against a sect of people (Osu caste), did human sacrifices and many other mundane and evil things, so when these religions came and they seemed peaceful we embraced them, most especially those who suffered from these caste systems (slaves, outcasts, lower classes etc)
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2020
gaventa:
First I am not forcing any religion on anyone and even if I did it exactly the same thing they did to my forefathers. They were enslaved and made to read only the Bible for years. They chained their Mouth just so they won’t be able to pass their own traditional and cultural values to their offspring and you know how much chaos that has caused to the African Race. Talking about Himan sacrifice , I would want to you to go and read about HEresy, Crusade and Blasphemy and please come back to tell me who is worst. Just so you don’t know at a time Christians killed whoever didn’t believe in their doctrine: the fact that they evolved with time doesn’t mean they are the best. Give us the same time to heal also. You can’t even use Human sacrifice as a yRdstick because I will tel you do many things early Christians did also that’s more barbaric than what you feel we did. When the "civilizers" came they saw a society with no prison, no homeless people, no prostituttion, no violence, no capitalism, no slums and ghettos. In fact there was no devil and hell fire operated by an angry Asiatic creator who indicted His own creation. By the time they were done, hell came down and imaginary heaven was revealed. I choose the ancestors!!!
You don't understand what I mean bro, what I mean is that back then when killing of twins, human sacrifice, caste systems, etc were the rule, the missionaries came preaching a religion of peace and actually treated these bereaved people who had suffered because of these religions like human beings, do you expect them to go back to those religions or embrace this new religion that brings "peace" nope you don't, all I want is tolerance shikena, no one should force anyone or demonise another person because of his belief or harm someone else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari / Oyegun Inaugurates APC Committee On Restructuring (Photos) / Obaseki targeted for impeachment; as Oshiomhole, Idahagbon plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.