Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism (4616 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / Sahara Reporters Accuse Buhari Of Tribalism Over NIMASA DG Controversy / If You Could Rid Nigeria One Thing,what Could It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by jason123: 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ola edo:

We yorubas will not fold are arms. angry

Chyz . . . . . grin grin grin grin well sha . . . . .
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by aljharem11(m): 10:46pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ola edo:

We yorubas will not fold are arms. angry
mumu chyz, it has nothing to do with yoruba alone,., ode olodo

it has to do with ibibio, igbo, yoruba, bini, itsekiri and others
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by ekubear1: 10:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
jason123:

That is where you are wrong. GEJ does not need the SW or/and the NW votes! Why? because he would still rig win the election

So GEJ will rig the SW and NW into voting for him? I suppose he wants civil war in Nigeria, then?  grin grin grin

Seriously though, he cannot outrig a prince of rigging like Tinubu.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by 9ijaMan: 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2011
While others are coming out with issues based Manifesto, Mr president's Manifesto is to "Rid Nigeria of Tribalism". Na by mouth? Pshewwww!
And then he'll comeback after 4 years and tell us he'll get rid of religious bigotry!

VOTE BB2011 to get rid of PDP.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Olaedo1: 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2011
eku_bear:

So GEJ will rig the SW and NW into voting for him? I suppose he wants civil war in Nigeria, then?  grin grin grin

He better dare not try it unless he wants all govt. building to be torched in SW, especially in Osun. Osun ni baje!!!!
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by jason123: 10:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
eku_bear:

So GEJ will rig the SW and NW into voting for him? I suppose he wants civil war in Nigeria, thengrin grin grin

My brother, what civil war?? There would be NO civil war except if GEJ is removed because of his ethnicity and that would not happen. What you would see after he or they rig it for him are riots and pogroms in those regions. You would say I said so when the time comes.

off topic, can you remember when I was talking about ijaw expansionism? about 3-4 months back
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by jason123: 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ola edo:

He better dare not try it unless he wants all govt. building to be torched in SW, especially in Osun. Osun ni baje!!!!

You can't even speak the language well . . . . grin grin grin grin It is Osun o ni baje!!!!
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by ekubear1: 10:55pm On Feb 23, 2011
As if Osun people would destroy their own property  grin

They might find the nearest non-native's property and destroy it, though.

Lol, if GEJ rigs this election, he is then truly a madman.
jason123:

You can't even speak the language well . . . . grin grin grin grin It is Osun o ni baje!!!!
grin grin grin What is up with all these Igbos and fake usernames? Na wa o
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Olaedo1: 10:57pm On Feb 23, 2011
jason123:

You can't even speak the language well . . . .  grin grin grin grin It is Osun o ni baje!!!!

Because of a common typo, you, an itsekiri, can tell me how to speak MY language. I laugh. I told you before to stay out of yoruba business. Go learn your own language jare. angry
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by jason123: 10:58pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ola edo:

Because of a common typo, you, an itsekiri, can tell me how to speak MY language. I laugh. I told you before to stay out of yoruba business. Go learn your own language jare. angry

Okay oooo! Mr "yoruba man from osun" grin cheesy wink cool
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
eku_bear:

Et tu, PhysicsMHD? You were a fan of GEJ not too long ago  grin

lol, yeah. I was impressed that he was "different" from the past Nigerian leaders. Which he indeed is. He's a quiet guy who's not a good speaker and makes gaffes, but clearly writes intelligently, at least (probably how he got his Ph.D., I can't imagine his viva going over too well considering his speaking skills). However, I've come to realize that he simply is not the best that Nigeria can produce. Then there's the fact that he's surrounding himself with all sorts of corrupt people like Anenih. Then the Ogun political crisis. Then the Jos crisis/murders and doing nothing. Then Boko haram in Borno and doing nothing. Then the bungled JTF operations, then the lies about the number of aides. He's better than Atiku - a career crook with a diploma in hygiene - and that was one of the main reasons I was for GEJ when those two were the main contenders. Now that Atiku is out of the way, GEJ just seems more like the mediocrity that he is to me.

The fact that he has a Ph.D. in Zoology from Port Harcourt is also ignorable. Take a look at the educational qualifications of somebody who was denied the presidency and could have been president of Nigeria and tell me how Jonathan stacks up:

"Dr. Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme (born October 21, 1932) From Oko, Anambra State, Nigeria was the first Vice-President of Nigeria, serving 1979 – 1983. He started primary school at the St John's Anglican Central School, at Ekwulobia, then he proceeded to King's College, Lagos As an awardee of the Fulbright Scholarship in the United States America (being one of the first Nigerians to gain the award), Alex attended the University of Washington where he earned Bachelors degree in architecture and city planning. He obtained his Masters degree in urban planning. Dr Ekwueme also earned degrees in sociology, history, philosophy and law from University of London. He later proceeded to obtain a Ph.D. in architecture from the University of Strathclyde, before gaining the BL (Honours) degree from the Nigerian Law School."

^^^^^

I mean, to be completely honest, if not for the fact that Ekwueme is like 80 years old now, I would even prefer him at this very moment to GEJ.

As for my Ijaw comment, that was provoked by seeing what's really going on with Ijaws right now. It's ironic that GEJ is anti-tribal given what's going on with his own people.

When I saw the fake 14 million population for Ijaws, I laughed. When I saw the 10 million population figure, I naively believed it, not knowing they had an agenda. Now that I know that they're possibly not up to 5 million but have being floating 25 million, 14 million, 10 million, etc. around; that they're claiming indigenous ownership of the parts of 4-5 different states that they aren't indigenous to, and with Edwin Clark negotiating behind the scenes with Northerners not for merely a south-south, but specifically an Ijaw VP, it's become clear that the last few years have basically been about the uninterrupted rise of Ijaw nationalism.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by jason123: 11:04pm On Feb 23, 2011
eku_bear:

As if Osun people would destroy their own property  grin

They might find the nearest non-native's property and destroy it, though.

Lol, if GEJ rigs this election, he is then truly a madman. grin grin grin What is up with all these Igbos and fake usernames? Na wa o

Dapo, politically speaking, if CPC AND ACN had merged, they would win the lection hands down. I mean, from the 28% nw and 21% sw = 48% apart from Ondo state in ND maybe edo too. Also, the combined influence of the SW and NW would probably get Kwara and Kogi.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Olaedo1: 11:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

lol, yeah. I was impressed that he was "different" from the past Nigerian leaders. Which he indeed is. He's a quiet guy who's not a good speaker and makes gaffes, but clearly writes intelligently, at least (probably how he got his Ph.D., I can't imagine his viva going over too well considering his speaking skills). However, I've come to realize that he simply is not the best that Nigeria can produce. Then there's the fact that he's surrounding himself with all sorts of corrupt people like Anenih. Then the Ogun political crisis. Then the Jos crisis/murders and doing nothing. Then Boko haram in Borno and doing nothing. Then the bungled JTF operations, then the lies about the number of aides. He's better than Atiku - a career crook with a diploma in hygiene - and that was one of the main reasons I was for GEJ when those two were the main contenders. Now that Atiku is out of the way, GEJ just seems more like the mediocrity that he is to me.

The fact that he has a Ph.D. in Zoology from Port Harcourt is also ignorable. Take a look at the qualifications of somebody who was denied the presidency and could have been president of Nigeria and tell me how Jonathan stacks up:

"Dr. Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme (born October 21, 1932) From Oko, Anambra State, Nigeria was the first Vice-President of Nigeria, serving 1979 – 1983. He started primary school at the St John's Anglican Central School, at Ekwulobia, then he proceeded to King's College, Lagos As an awardee of the Fulbright Scholarship in the United States America (being one of the first Nigerians to gain the award), Alex attended the University of Washington where he earned Bachelors degree in architecture and city planning. He obtained his Masters degree in urban planning. Dr Ekwueme also earned degrees in sociology, history, philosophy and law from University of London. He later proceeded to obtain a Ph.D. in architecture from the University of Strathclyde, before gaining the BL (Honours) degree from the Nigerian Law School."

^^^^^

I mean, to be completely honest, if not for the fact that Ekwueme is like 80 years old now, I would even prefer him at this very moment to GEJ.

As for my Ijaw comment, that was provoked by seeing what's really going on with Ijaws right now. It's ironic that GEJ is anti-tribal given what's going on with his own people.

When I saw the fake 14 million population for Ijaws, I laughed. When I saw the 10 million population figure, I naively believed it, not knowing they had an agenda. Now that I know that they're possibly not up to 5 million but have being floating 25 million, 14 million, 10 million, etc. around; that they're claiming indigenous ownership of the parts of 4-5 different states that they aren't indigenous to, and with Edwin Clark negotiating behind the scenes with Northerners not for merely a south-south, but specifically an Ijaw VP, it's become clear that the last few years has basically been about the uninterrupted rise of Ijaw nationalism.

I'm still waiting for your book. Don't disappoint me. These are the exact suspicions that has pulled me further away from the guy. I was even shocked that the Ijaws were claiming land in Edo State and Akwa Ibom, more like shocked.  I was wonder how the Ijaws just out of nowhere jumped over the Ogonis and ended up with land in Akwa Ibom. Edwin clark alone, I'm guessing because GJ is president now, is even trying to impose Ijaws on Rivers and Delta state. Which is giving then control oil the three largest oil producing states. Too bad its blowing up in his face. Ijaws can never be up past 4-5 million. I'm not sure if you heard that now some Urhobos have come and claim to be the 5th largest ethnic group in nigeria,lol.smh.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by ekubear1: 11:25pm On Feb 23, 2011
jason123:

Dapo, politically speaking, if CPC AND ACN had merged, they would win the lection hands down. I mean, from the 28% nw and 21% sw = 48% apart from Ondo state in ND maybe edo too. Also, the combined influence of the SW and NW would probably get Kwara and Kogi.

If i had my druthers, no northerner would ever rule Nigeria again. I mean, they've run the country long enough, have they not?  undecided And their fake #s in the North pisses me off. So I'd like to support GEJ for this reason alone. . . just to keep them out of power.

PhysicsMHD:

lol, yeah. I was impressed that he was "different" from the past Nigerian leaders. Which he indeed is. He's a quiet guy who's not a good speaker and makes gaffes, but clearly writes intelligently, at least (probably how he got his Ph.D., I can't imagine his viva going over too well considering his speaking skills).
What is your basis for saying this? None of us have read his PhD thesis. How do you know he is a skilled writer?

However, I've come to realize that he simply is not the best that Nigeria can produce. Then there's the fact that he's surrounding himself with all sorts of corrupt people like Anenih. Then the Ogun political crisis. Then the Jos crisis/murders and doing nothing. Then Boko haram in Borno and doing nothing. Then the bungled JTF operations, then the lies about the number of aides.
Let me play GEJ's advocate for a second. Regarding Ogun, Jos, Borno. . . his hands are a bit tied. He cannot rock the boat too much. He cannot piss off the northerners, and he needs both factions in Ogun if he wants to win SW votes.

When I saw the fake 14 million population for Ijaws, I laughed. When I saw the 10 million population figure, I naively believed it, not knowing they had an agenda. Now that I know that they're possibly not up to 5 million but have being floating 25 million, 14 million, 10 million, etc. around; that they're claiming indigenous ownership of the parts of 4-5 different states that they aren't indigenous to, and with Edwin Clark negotiating behind the scenes with Northerners not for merely a south-south, but specifically an Ijaw VP, it's become clear that the last few years has basically been about the uninterrupted rise of Ijaw nationalism.

At times I wonder what the extent of GEJs relationship with the Edwin Clarks of the world are. Is he just the good cop to their bad cop? Perhaps they are all working for the same team.

However, surely an Urhobo guy like Beaf wouldn't have anything to do with Goodluck if that were the case? It would be clear how that is bad news for him and his people, no?

But I agree, the Ijaw man has come very far over the course of the past decade. Despite his small #s.

To be honest, I don't like any of the presidential candidates. Just trying to figure out which one of them I dislike the least.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by jason123: 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2011
eku_bear:

If i had my druthers, no northerner would ever rule Nigeria again. I mean, they've run the country long enough, have they not?  undecided And their fake #s in the North pisses me off. So I'd like to support GEJ for this reason alone. . . just to keep them out of power.

That was my first reaction when GEJ started but I realised that it is not about North ruling or South ruling since we all suffer the same fate. The problem is corruption and the power structure.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by ekubear1: 11:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
^-- So then which is the least bad of the options?

Suppose that GEJ is Edwin Clark's cat's paw, and that Buhari is another northern feudalist who will use the fake population in the north to ensure that they always decide who becomes president.

Which of those two terrible options should I pick?  undecided

They both seem equally bad to me.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:01am On Feb 24, 2011
Ola edo:

I'm still waiting for your book. Don't disappoint me. These are the exact suspicions that has pulled me further away from the guy. I was even shocked that the Ijaws were claiming land in Edo State and Akwa Ibom, more like shocked.  I was wonder how the Ijaws just out of nowhere jumped over the Ogonis and ended up with land in Akwa Ibom. Edwin clark alone, I'm guessing because GJ is president now, is even trying to impose Ijaws on Rivers and Delta state. Which is giving then control oil the three largest oil producing states. Too bad its blowing up in his face. Ijaws can never be up past 4-5 million. I'm not sure if you heard that now some Urhobos have come and claim to be the 5th largest ethnic group in nigeria,lol.smh.

lol, if I write a book, it won't be on Nigeria's politics or history. Not really my specialty. I'll leave that to the experts.

Urhobos have always been in the top 10 groups as far as population. Don't know where they're getting 5th largest from or why they feel the need to prop themselves up like that.  undecided More Delta state politics, I guess. They're learning from their Ijaw rivals.

I think it goes

Yoruba
Igbo
Hausa-Fulani
4. Efik/Ibibio/Annang
5. Kanuri
6. Ijaw
7. Tiv
8. Edo
9. Nupe
10. Urhobo
11. Igala

eku_bear:

What is your basis for saying this? None of us have read his PhD thesis. How do you know he is a skilled writer?

I was actually basing my assertion that he was a good writer off his written press releases, facebook speeches, etc. which have been posted occasionally on this board. When you contrast them with his actual public speaking, it's clear that he seems more intelligent when he keeps quiet and just writes what he thinks.

Let me play GEJ's advocate for a second. Regarding Ogun, Jos, Borno. . . his hands are a bit tied. He cannot rock the boat too much. He cannot piss off the northerners, and he needs both factions in Ogun if he wants to win SW votes.

Yes, his hands are somewhat tied. At the same time there is right and wrong and it could be the case that he could win more support in the north central and southwest by acting with integrity and resolving crises. Imagine if GEJ solved each and every problem that erupted or at least acted like he was determined to do so. Instead he's "praying" that the October bombers confess and turn themselves in.  undecided

At times I wonder what the extent of GEJs relationship with the Edwin Clarks of the world are. Is he just the good cop to their bad cop? Perhaps they are all working for the same team.

However, surely an Urhobo guy like Beaf wouldn't have anything to do with Goodluck if that were the case? It would be clear how that is bad news for him and his people, no?

But I agree, the Ijaw man has come very far over the course of the past decade. Despite his small #s.

To be honest, I don't like any of the presidential candidates. Just trying to figure out which one of them I dislike the least.

I don't think GEJ and Edwin Clark have too close a relationship actually.

If I recall correctly, GEJ was supporting Uduaghan in Delta state, whereas Edwin Clarke was hellbent on seeing Uduaghan never become governor again. Clarke was actually at loggerheads with GEJ's stance there.

As for Beaf, I think he's just somewhat naive. Niger Delta exploitation and pollution affects more than just Ijaws, so it makes sense for him to align with them out of a common, shared situation, but at the same time he should recognize an ethnic empowerment agenda when it's staring him in the face. The Niger Delta movement can only last so long before it's just the Ijaw power movement.

I even posted an article from some days ago which showed that Beaf's own people (the Isoko) and the Ijaws had naturally been mortal enemies since pre-colonial and colonial times when left to their own devices without outside interference.  (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-607521.256.html#msg7759035). I wouldn't be surprised to see Ijaws claiming Isoko land in the near future.  undecided

And yeah, all the presidential candidates are highly flawed.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Feb 24, 2011
This is probably another one of those silly election promises. . . as someone already asked, How can a man whose short year in office has been marred with nothing but tribal politics, now declare he can rid Nigeria of that which he has greatly benefited from?
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Olaedo1: 12:12am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

lol, if I write a book, it won't be on Nigeria's politics or history. Not really my specialty. I'll leave that to the experts.

Urhobos have always been in the top 10 groups as far as population. Don't know where they're getting 5th largest from or why they feel the need to prop themselves up like that.  undecided More Delta state politics, I guess. They're learning from their Ijaw rivals.

I think it goes

Yoruba
Igbo
Hausa-Fulani
4. Efik/Ibibio/Annang
5. Kanuri
6. Ijaw
7. Tiv
8. Edo
9. Nupe
10. Urhobo
11. Igala

Urhobo claims of being 5th largest ethnic group:

http://upumn.com/index_files/Page362.htm

Here's a funny one. I'm sure you can pick out where that funny and hysterical part is:

http://urhoboculturalleague.com/Urhobo%20People.html

Most recent falsity

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/ewherido-vows-to-reposition-urhobo-nation/
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Olaedo1: 12:14am On Feb 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This is probably another one of those silly election promises. . . as someone already asked, How can a man whose short year in office has been marred with nothing but tribal politics, now declare he can rid Nigeria of that which he has greatly benefited from?

Notice how he always hits the Igbos with the who "equality" and "put you back into the mainstream of politics" nonsense.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:24am On Feb 24, 2011
Ola edo:

That's not as serious as the Ijaw claim though. The Ijaw claims were being posted on multiple websites, and were even repeated by a journalist and were stretching their population by over 9 million.

The Tiv people claim that they're the 4th largest (which isn't true, to the best of my knowledge)  http://mutainc.org/ . I think this Urhobo claim is more along those lines. Just trying to point out that they're not an "obscure" and "ignorable" minority, but one of the "important ones." Quite different from the Ijaw 14+ million claim, which was deliberately geared toward making them the 4th major ethnic group.

All in all, I don't see the point. What does being fifth largest even mean? Does it make you the wealthiest, most educated, most accomplished, most politically relevant, etc? The Urhobo politicians making these claims should familiarize themselves with the existence of large minorities outside of the south.

Here's a funny one. I'm sure you can pick out where that funny and hysterical part is:

Not really. What's the funny part?
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Olaedo1: 12:32am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Not really. What's the funny part?

"With a population of some two million people, the Urhobo people are the 5th largest ethnic group in Nigeria and constitute the largest single ethnic group in Delta State". http://urhoboculturalleague.com/Urhobo%20People.html

I'm guessing by this statement alone, no other groups besides the Igbo, "Hausa/fulani", Yoruba, and Ijaw are up to 2 million people.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by aljharem11(m): 12:35am On Feb 24, 2011
Ola edo:

Most recent falsity

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/ewherido-vows-to-reposition-urhobo-nation/
grin grin grin grin grin grin

the second site just killed it grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

but i think there claim is more realistic than ijaw
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Beaf: 1:07am On Feb 24, 2011
What is so wrong with Urhobo people being the 5th largest group in the country? Can any of you clowns give accurate census figures for your groups, figures that don't include goats and chickens? Lol

As for PhysicsMHD's erroneous statement that Isoko's and Ijaws are enemies, it couldn't be more false. The only source of friction between both the Isoko and Urhobo on the one hand and the Ijaw came from slave trading; both groups staunchly refused to engage in the heinious trade (trading in oil palm produce instead).
Ijaw slavers would raid their territories on rare occassions and cart off people, aside from that Isoko and Urhobo history have always seen the Ijaw as magnanimous neighbours who gave us land to settle on.

Please, lets not make up history.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:25am On Feb 24, 2011
Ola edo:

"With a population of some two million people, the Urhobo people are the 5th largest ethnic group in Nigeria and constitute the largest single ethnic group in Delta State". http://urhoboculturalleague.com/Urhobo%20People.html

I'm guessing by this statement alone, no other groups besides the Igbo, "Hausa/fulani", Yoruba, and Ijaw are up to 2 million people.

lol, yeah, they shot themselves in the foot there.

Beaf:

What is so wrong with Urhobo people being the 5th largest group in the country? Can any of you clowns give accurate census figures for your groups, figures that don't include goats and chickens? Lol

So, A) who are the 4th largest group and B) Do the Urhobo believe that they're larger than the Tiv & Kanuri?

As for PhysicsMHD's erroneous statement that Isoko's and Ijaws are enemies, it couldn't be more false. The only source of friction between both the Isoko and Urhobo on the one hand and the Ijaw came from slave trading; both groups staunchly refused to engage in the heinious trade (trading in oil palm produce instead).
Ijaw slavers would raid their territories on rare occassions and cart off people, aside from that Isoko and Urhobo history have always seen the Ijaw as magnanimous neighbours who gave us land to settle on.

Please, lets not make up history.

Ok, if you say so. undecided

(Do you guys really believe they gave you land to settle on? Where does that idea come from?)
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Olaedo1: 1:30am On Feb 24, 2011
Beaf:

I think claiming to be only 2 million people but the 5th largest ethnic group is naive and laughable.

Ibibio(approx 5mill)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibibio_people

Igala( approx. 2mill)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igala

Tiv(approx 2mill)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiv_people

Idoma(approx 3.5mill)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idoma_people

Kanuri(approx 3.5 within nigeria)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanuri_people

There are more. . .

Most people in nigeria have never even heard of Urhobo. embarassed
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by EzeUche2(m): 1:44am On Feb 24, 2011
All I know that the Ibibio need to get their act together. If people think the Igbo are divided, they have not encountered the people from Ibibioland. There is no reason why the Ijaws should be claiming that they are the fifth largest group, when you have Ibibio/Annang/Efik/Oron/Enyong/Eket etc who all speak the same DAMN language, but cannot agree.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Beaf: 1:54am On Feb 24, 2011
Ola edo:

I think claiming to be only 2 million people but the 5th largest ethnic group is naive and laughable.

Ibibio(approx 5mill)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibibio_people

Igala( approx. 2mill)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igala

Tiv(approx 2mill)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiv_people

Idoma(approx 3.5mill)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idoma_people

Kanuri(approx 3.5 within nigeria)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanuri_people

There are more. . .

Most people in nigeria have never even heard of Urhobo. embarassed

I challenged anybody to provide figures that don't include cows, goats, tree's or chickens, you simply haven't done that.

Lets leave the absurd topic of ethnic demographics and ponder what GEJ has said, because ethnic demographics are driven by the very ethnic bigotry he wishes to cure the nation of. Lets expand on that.

The only reason our ethnic groups claim huge numbers (especially the big 3), is to get a bigger share of oil wealth and wallow in laziness. That is the stark truth and that is the reason the elite push ethnic bigotry as a tool of leverage on the small-minded ones in the population.

Here's the equation of Nigerian society:
Bigger ethnic population numbers = more beggar LG's = more beggar states = more beggar reps and senators = laziness and parasitism = unproductiveness, theft and corruption
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by EzeUche2(m): 2:06am On Feb 24, 2011
Beaf, you better subtract the Igbos from this nonsense. Our numbers, like many in the East have not been inflated. No one knows the true population numbers of the East. The only group that seems to inflate their numbers in my region are the Ijaws. The Ibibios, Igbos and I feel the Idoma do not have an accurate count.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Chyz2: 2:11am On Feb 24, 2011
Beaf:

I challenged anybody to provide figures that don't include cows, goats, tree's or chickens, you simply haven't done that.

Lets leave the absurd topic of ethnic demographics and ponder what GEJ has said, because ethnic demographics are driven by the very ethnic bigotry he wishes to cure the nation of. Lets expand on that.

The only reason our ethnic groups claim huge numbers (especially the big 3), is to get a bigger share of oil wealth and wallow in laziness. That is the stark truth and that is the reason the elite push ethnic bigotry as a tool of leverage on the small-minded ones in the population.

Here's the equation of Nigerian society:
Bigger ethnic population numbers = more beggar LG's = more beggar states = more beggar reps and senators = laziness and parasitism = unproductiveness, theft and corruption

Oil wealth has nothing to do with the Igbo as far as population goes. Even if we were to do that,  we are in different zones so it would be of no help to us. The correction of population figures would have saved us the trouble of this INEC figures mayhem. How is GJ going to get over the almost obvious move to sabotage the election in favor of Buhari by the falsified figures by the INEC? Don't you think he should some way have his goverment supports of various states condemn those results? As of now, the only governor that i can recall to have come out and do that was Gov. Aliyu Babangida of Niger State.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by Beaf: 2:35am On Feb 24, 2011
Sorry guys, but everyone is busy inflating figures, asking for new states, new LG's etc. No ethnic group can be spared from Nigeria's shame.
Every group strives to make free money or seek relevance from inflated figures; thats the shame thats Nigeria, a land where money is given to states for doing absolutely nothing. I wish the oil would evaporate, only then will the country stop being a lazy, corrupt fvckup.
Re: Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism by ezeagu(m): 2:50am On Feb 24, 2011
Beaf:

Sorry guys, but everyone is busy inflating figures, asking for new states, new LG's etc. No ethnic group can be spared from Nigeria's shame.
Every group strives to make free money or seek relevance from inflated figures; thats the shame thats Nigeria, a land where money is given to states for doing absolutely nothing. I wish the oil would evaporate, only then will the country stop being a lazy, corrupt fvckup.

So what you're saying is that every ethnic group in Nigeria inflates its numbers equally?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojukwu Lived A Most Fulfilled Life – GEJ / Kudos To Kwankwaso! I Spotted One Woman During His Declaration Rally. / Igbos Relocate In Droves Following Quit Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.