Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg (7056 Views)

Stop Sending Your Deportees To Nigeria – ​FG Warns ECOWAS Member States / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo / Cameroon Did No Wrong Flooding Nigeria – FG Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by againstGEJ(m): 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2011
leave dem o.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by raycomray: 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2011
REVOLUTION IN NIGERIA IS REALLY POSSIBLE.
BUT THE ISSUE HERE IS RELIGION, ETHNICITY, TRIBALISM, SECTARIANISM ETC. POLITICIANS WILL DEFINITELY USE THESE "OPIUM" TO DERAIL AND FRUSTRATE A WORTHY CAUSE.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by Ify27(m): 10:59pm On Feb 24, 2011
LET ME ASK THIS QUESTION,

IF A REVOLUNTION STARTED IN MANY CITIES ACROSS NIGERIA

WOULD YOU JOIN YOUR BROTHERS OR WILL RACE AND RELIGION TEAR US APART?
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by againstGEJ(m): 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2011
^^^

Will you leave USA and come and join the revolution?
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by Ify27(m): 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2011
againstGEJ:

^^^

in a heart beat, The freedom of my people is worth more than any thing, its crazy how people will kill to come to the US and the people In the Us ccant wait till they get out, every country in the world has their issues and dont think for a hot second that here in the state shit isnt bleeped up,!!!
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by ceej(m): 11:22pm On Feb 24, 2011
Ajumogobia or whats the foreign ministers name and the FEC should not fuel this revolution to happen earlier than expected. Why are this old men not straight forward in their speech, Nigeria's case is worse than Libya and North Africa,our democracy is cosmetic worse than dictatorship.Why not call a spade a spade and not a tool for farming.We are giving GEJ 5 months after his (s)election in case he wins to turn things around positively or face the music like Mubarak
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by jmaine: 11:26pm On Feb 24, 2011
againstGEJ:

^^^

Obviously no bro. empty vessels make the loudest noise, their bravery stops just in front of their systems. it's all noise. . . . .
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by Ify27(m): 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
jmaine:

Obviously no bro. empty vessels make the loudest noise, their bravery stops just in front of their systems. it's all noise. . . . .

and full vessels sink the fastest, you are a fool, y if you are scared to die for what you be you have no right to be alive!!
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by erico2k2(m): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2011
@blink182 and 9ijaman
I dont know what both of you are on but what gives you the right to think someone elses opinion is silly or totaled as ignorant?
let me tell you o ne simple fact revolution comes when a people are speaking with one vioce one of you was talking bout IT etc,no that limiting your so called revolution to the elit and waht happenes when the Govt decides to close down our telicomunication system?
I have been fortunate to live in a country where Electricity never goes of and apreciate what sort of development it brings, do you know lives that would be saved if we have just 5 months of constant electricity? or the ammount of corupt practices that would be cut short? or is it teh security it brings? lol and there you go talking b out blackbery and IT stuff, how you gonna power them in the first instance?you guys should have asked me what I emant b4 jumping down my throat.If you check in developed countries, the Govt dont move the economy the private sector does if you want examples i can give you hundreds.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by ndukwejoe(m): 12:41am On Feb 25, 2011
nigeria is complex, and revolution starts and ends with people who have collective mindset that is oppose to the norm. we cant have revolution now cos . we encourage corruption by our action and inaction. corruption fuckingly everywhere . we favour whoever has the power. we vote not because of issues but because of vested selfish personal interest. take a look at PDP primaries can you see the tread God! doesn't the delegates have a mind of their own. if not how can people like timipre sylva , theodore orji remain as flag bearer and governor.
na God go help us o!
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 25, 2011
I hear rumors some people are planning protests starting in Abuja already?? Can someone confirm
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by againstGEJ(m): 12:56am On Feb 25, 2011
yes. and 657 are dead already.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by 9ijaMan: 1:49am On Feb 25, 2011
erico2k2:

@blink182 and 9ijaman
I dont know what both of you are on but what gives you the right to think someone elses opinion is silly or totaled as ignorant?
let me tell you o ne simple fact revolution comes when a people are speaking with one vioce one of you was talking bout IT etc,no that limiting your so called revolution to the elit and waht happenes when the Govt decides to close down our telicomunication system?
I have been fortunate to live in a country where Electricity never goes of and apreciate what sort of development it brings, do you know lives that would be saved if we have just 5 months of constant electricity? or the ammount of corupt practices that would be cut short? or is it teh security it brings? lol and there you go talking b out blackbery and IT stuff, how you gonna power them in the first instance?you guys should have asked me what I emant b4 jumping down my throat.If you check in developed countries, the Govt dont move the economy the private sector does if you want examples i can give you hundreds.

And what makes you think that Egyptians were not enjoying electricity 24/7. My friend the infrastructure in Egypt as compared to 9ja is like comparing good old Ajegunle to current day Maitama. Despite all the infrastructures, they took to the street and ousted a tyrant and very corrupt leader. The same goes for Tunisia. Bahrain compared to 9ja in terms of infrastructure is like comparing day with night, and their people are out on the street clamoring for better leadership. Firstly, I doubt if 9ja government can be smart enough to create a comms blackout in 9ja, so you insinuation will not come to pass.
Let's assume they even manage to do it, Egyptians were able to still connect to the outside world even after Mubarak shut down comms. Perhas you have never heard of a satellite phone. Google the phone called "Thuraya" to get some informed perspective. I'll stop there for now 'cos I may be entering some rem which will be beyond your comprehension.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by KanuChris: 5:19am On Feb 25, 2011
So what kind of revolution will happen in Nigeria, with our money guzzling democracy and a rapacious leadership?
grin grin grin grin Ask them!!

[flash=600,100]http://www.cybernet.com.ng/ad.swf[/flash]
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2011
engineerd:

I hear rumors some people are planning protests starting in Abuja already?? Can someone confirm

They are true grin The Lagos Protest Group Ran into some hitches
1: They could not assemble at the agreed protest points because the man in charge of Logistics got stuck in Traffic on 3rd Mainland Bridge and was robbed of the much needed cash
2: The Bus conveying the Protesters was impounded by LASTMA for causing undue attention in slow-moving traffic.
3: When they finally arrived at the agreed protest point, the Police were already waiting for them and one volley of gun-fire into the sky sent all the protesters scampering for safety
4: Unfortunately the planned protest had a time limit 9:00AM to 12:00PM but seeing that it took them so long to even get to the protest point, they re-scheduled for another undisclosed time and date as the Ring-Leader was panel-beaten by MOPOLS grin
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 25, 2011
erico2k2:

@blink182 and 9ijaman
You are the one talking like someone on something, in a revolution everybody speaks the language of change, by the way dont be a tribalistic prick
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 25, 2011
erico2k2:

@blink182  and 9ijaman
I dont know what both of you are on  but what gives you the right to think someone elses opinion is silly or totaled as ignorant?
let me tell you o ne simple fact revolution comes when a people are speaking with one vioce one of you was talking bout IT etc,no that limiting your so called revolution to the elit  and waht happenes  when the Govt decides to close down our telicomunication system?
I have been fortunate to live in a country where Electricity never goes of  and apreciate what sort of development  it brings, do you know lives that would be saved if we have just 5 months of constant electricity? or the ammount of corupt practices that would be cut short? or is it teh security it brings? lol  and there you go talking b out blackbery and IT stuff, how you gonna power them in the first instance?you guys should have asked me what I emant b4 jumping down my throat.If you check in developed countries, the Govt dont move the economy the private sector does if you want examples i can give you hundreds.
You are the one talking like someone on something, in a revolution everybody speaks the language of change, by the way dont be a tribalistic prick
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by sley4life(m): 11:31am On Feb 25, 2011
those representing our FG are drunkards.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by kakakibuy(m): 2:09pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ 190

Even if we are to start a revolution today in nigeria

Im yet to see who would come out first for the fear of been sprayed with rubber bullets or tear gas

As for me i know what my mom can do ( she would simply draw her ear and say )

190, 190, 190 how many times did i call you and im like 3 times mama

and shes like if you know you want to see me till old age, please do not follow anybody to protest

so in case of any future revolution please count me out.

I just want to tell whoever is out there waiting for a revolution to start

Goodluck we are all counting on you
, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

The bolded above is like the funniest post I've read on nairaland.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by jmoore(m): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2011
The most common thing we have seen in arab/middle east protests is that they are against dictators that have stayed for many years. such revolution cannot happen in nigeria cos we have no dictator.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by bennie1980(m): 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
This is the height of under estimation of what an ordinary Nigerian is capable of doing when pushed to the wall by the Ruling Cabal. When the riots starts in Lagos and spread like wild fire to the other parts of the country, then the shameless people who made the statement will  know that the PEOPLE'S WILL IS MIGHTIER THAN ANY MISSILE.
They should watch it!
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by k9ine(m): 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2011
I dey laff. Ke ke ke ke.
I have read d many views of members, from it's impossible to it's possible.
I wanna add my voice to this.
Despite Col Ghaddafi's rule being dictatorial, it is no different from d corruption-styled institution called a political party (PDP) in Nigeria, where 4 u to 'make' it, u have to be a staunch member under d umbrella, then it would go any lenght to protect their sociopolitical-economic stake even if d nation & it's citizens are continuosly guillotined intrinsically.
In d recent revolutions, d military has been with her people, I doubt if d military would stand by us.  But based on d current status quo where d elected pple milk our national patrimony dry thru various means & forms & throw peanuts at us & d military. I believe it wants positive change even 4 it's men & officers, formations, as well as it's operational & defence capabilities.
For those who mention our numerous tribal ties, do u know man would prefer freedom under his neighbour to been enslaved by his father?
I know with all my heart, Bouazazi who set himself ablaze in Tunisia never told himself he wanted to start a revolution, neither those at his death bed.
IT WAS A PROTEST BY PEOPLE WHO HAD BEEN PUSHED TO THE CLIFF, THAT SNOW-BALLED INTO A REVOLUTION. Gbam!
We must be aware that almost anything (there are a million & one fires ) could start a revolution in Nigeria, all it takes is for the political classes'  HEN TO LAY A BIOLED EGG ON THAT FATEFUL DAY.
May God help us.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by shotuns: 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2011
I read from the afrol news that as at Feb 23rd Cameroonians are also planning Eqypt-like protests. message spreading throughout the internet

during the last week, with some calling for "a popular pacific revolution," some for a general strike and others for "Paul Biya to be sent to prison."

I am trying to confirm from friends in Cameroon if it was true.

http://www.afrol.com/articles/37405
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by cap28: 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2011
^^^^^

interesting, Ali Bongo of Gabon (late Omar Bongo's son) must be getting jittery then.

Next stop - the hausa fulani oligarchy of nigeria who have been in power for 43 years.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by bkbabe97y(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2011
If any of yall think black Africa can pull off the kinda protests going on in the North of Africa, then u must be on som goodazz hallucinogens. . . . .

Black Africa cant protest for 12 straight hours in unity before someone remembers that Paul Biya is his distant cousin, goes to the same church as his mom, is from the same tribe as his Great-Grand-Mom etc etc etc and so the Revolution crumbles.

Sorry, bro, not in Sub-Sharan Africa, baby, not in Sub-Saharan Africa. . . . . .
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by Abbygurl(f): 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2011
Nairalanders,

Leave FG or FEC, whichever to continue running mouth.
All thats on their minds right now is how they can rig the elections and continue looting us. If they don't have any reasonable thing to say about what's going on in Libya, Yemen, Bahrain etc, they would have been better off keeping quiet and saying nothing rather than making foolish statements portraying them as been so full of themselves, not caring about the situation of the masses.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2011
For those who like to pretend we are not where Egypt, Tinusia, etc are Government wise because we have democracy and all that, Iraq just offered a solid counter argument today.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by redsun(m): 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2011
Arab atocratic and monarchical system is a million times better than nigerian democarazy.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2011
based on this thread alone, the chances of nigeria's own revolution are nil. see how people talk to each other here. and you expect all these people to come together and work together to bring about change? LOL.
the fact of the matter is, we haven't had enough. the day that we have truly had enough is the day we will fight back. so this state we are in will continue until people snap and fight back. until then, carry on as you were.
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by erico2k2(m): 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
ajigglin:

based on this thread alone, the chances of nigeria's own revolution are nil. see how people talk to each other here. and you expect all these people to come together and work together to bring about change? LOL.
the fact of the matter is, we haven't had enough. the day that we have truly had enough is the day we will fight back. so this state we are in will continue until people snap and fight back. until then, carry on as you were.
Thank you, well said, and for you telling me I aint well informed or cant comprehend have a rethink and i would advice you to stop calling people prick cos thats why your so called revolution cant take place oh just so you kno@9ijaman, I was not comparing the infacstructure of 9ja and Egypt or anywhere else,I was just pointing out a starting piont,see how devided whe are on here and in reality this sums up the mind set of the ordinary NIGERIAN, and for the guy talking about satalite phone, my dear bro, I have never seen one, I only hear of it have you seen one?? and does anyone you know have the account or facility to use one in nigeria you know?
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2011
guy tune to Hi nolly n watch TJ baby face shoow, see what el rofai is saying .
Re: Egyptian-type Revolution Impossible In Nigeria – Fg by 9ijaMan: 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2011
erico2k2:

@9ijaman, I was not comparing the infacstructure of 9ja and Egypt or anywhere else,I was just pointing out a starting piont,see how devided whe are on here and in reality this sums up the mind set of the ordinary NIGERIAN, and for the guy talking about satalite phone, my dear bro, I have never seen one, I only hear of it have you seen one?? and does anyone you know have the account or facility to use one in nigeria you know?
I told you to google the phoen Thuraya. It's not a difficult one, is it? Satellite phones are not new techs. By the way Twitter & FB created special means for Egyptians to still connect to the outside world even when the Government blacked out the comms channels. TV stations reported life from Tahrir square right from day 1 until Mubarak finally gave up. So my brother, blacking out comms totally, by any government is next to impossible. Once pple are able to communicate, it'll only take a few more days (at most weeks) before corrupt leaders get forced out of office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Plateau Community / Ekweremadu Disowns Twitter Handle, Denies Commenting On National Assembly Brawl / Electronic Transmission Of Results Doubtful, 301 LGAs Lack Internet Facility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.