Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC (633 Views)

Throwback:why Buhari Removed Fuel Subsidy – Osinbajo / Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION / 2019: Why Ex-generals Oppose Buhari – Gen. Jemibewon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 11, 2020
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has explained why a former governor of Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva, was able to recover the 48 houses it seized from him.

The EFCC in a series of tweets on its official Twitter handle alleged that Justice Adeniyi Ademola was the one who thwarted the case in a controversial ruling.

The anti-graft agency had come under fire recently for returning the seized houses to the former governor who is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress.

Although the return of the assets was exclusively reported by The PUNCH in October 2016, it resurfaced recently and went viral on the Internet.

However, the EFCC said Sylva got away because of the judiciary which it described as an obstacle to the war on corruption.

The anti-graft agency said the case was controversial because Sylva was discharged barely a few days to the APC governorship primary in 2015.

The EFCC said, “He (Sylva) was facing 42 charges before Justice Mohammed of the FHC Abuja. The said properties were forfeited as part of the trial. The EFCC applied to consolidate charges against him before Justice Mohammed after the DPP, on June 1, 2015, withdrew its own charges.

“On June 10, 2015, rather than hear the case, Justice Mohammed dismissed the charges without him and co-defendants taking their pleas. The EFCC expressed its discontent at the ruling, and Chief Justice of the Federal High Court, Abuja reassigned the case to Justice Ademola of the FHC Abuja.

“On June 12, 2015 the EFCC filed fresh charges and on July 9, 2015 and brought 50 counts against him before Justice Ademola. The EFCC had expected a speedy/fair trial. But no! Few days to the Bayelsa State governorship election, Justice Ademola freed him without pleas taken.”

The explanation of the EFCC, however, did not go down well with a large number of its followers on Twitter as they asked the EFCC to immediately appeal the judgement.

They argued that the commission had in the past flouted court orders when handling cases involving politicians in the opposition parties but was treating politicians in the APC with kid gloves.

https://punchng.com/why-ex-gov-sylva-recovered-48-houses-efcc/

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 11, 2020
Shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 11, 2020
,TonyeBarcanista,helinues,Throwback,Rosskii,NGpatriot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by edo3(m): 1:13am On Sep 11, 2020
48 houses kwa?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 11, 2020
edo3:
48 houses kwa?
He was former governor of Bayelsa, which receives one of the highest allocations in the country.
Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 11, 2020
Social justice in Nigeria political system has a long way to go. Rebrewed an refined politicians couple with the corrupt judiciary has mess us up. Till today, there is no credible judge in Nigeria unless maybe after the odili,ofili, Ayo salami and Tanko retires. Those ones has vowed to destroy Nigeria with their loyalty.

Look at how dat ipob-pdp judge was disgraced. I'm sure he is battling to have his pension.
Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 11, 2020
Aladegba:
Social justice in Nigeria political system has a long way to go. Rebrewed an refined politicians couple with the corrupt judiciary has mess us up. Till today, there is no credible judge in Nigeria unless maybe after the odili,ofili, Ayo salami and Tanko retires. Those ones has vowed to destroy Nigeria with their loyalty.

Look at how dat ipob-pdp judge was disgraced. I'm sure he is battling to have his pension.

The judge resigned. Buhari choose not to pursue to case further and even rewarded him with the Petroluem Ministry.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/251763-njc-tackles-justice-ademola-says-judge-already-recommended-for-sack.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 11, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The judge resigned. Buhari choose not to pursue to case further and even rewarded him with the Petroluem Ministry.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/251763-njc-tackles-justice-ademola-says-judge-already-recommended-for-sack.html

So you are telling me now that all buhari just wanted was the seat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 11, 2020
Aladegba:

So you are telling me now that all buhari just wanted was the seat

Buhari is Minister of Petroleum and Sylva is Minister of State for Petroleum. The judge that handled the corruption case against Timipre Sylva,Justice ,Ademola, resigned after his trial for money laundering, where he was found not guilty.

1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by helinues: 3:19am On Sep 11, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
,TonyeBarcanista,helinues,Throwback,Rosskii,NGpatriot

This guy, have some shame and grow up like a man..

Stop mentioning me... Is that too hard for you?

Have I even ever mentioned you before self?

It is not that I am from Bayelsa nor any part of SS states.. So what's my business with this jargons

This guy, respect yourself..

Make your threads/comments and leave me out of it pls...

You wouldn't want me to report you to mods for trolling and provocation....

Last warning....

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by DMerciful(m): 4:04am On Sep 11, 2020
Why won't he mention you? You have been defending the incompetence of Bubu and his skewed anti-corruption war so come and defend this one.
When you have no response you start arguing about being mentioned.
helinues:

It is not that I am from Bayelsa nor any part of SS states.. So what's my business with this jargons

Last warning....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by GoodofNaija: 4:14am On Sep 11, 2020
Timprye is now a godfather in APC!

He has been saintified by the body odour of bubu!

In fact, he's now running the petroleum ministry with bubu!

APCEFCC abracadabra grin
Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 4:32am On Sep 11, 2020
Same sell out that said its the market force that determined the recent fuel's hike..

-Refineries are dead, but not as promised..

Now, I understood why wizkid likened Trump and Buhari as identical. They both work with a mapped out script.

-If care isn't taken, everything might be working towards Dangonomy monopolistic law of control and pricing dictatorship..
Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 12, 2020
GoodofNaija:
Timprye is now a godfather in APC!

He has been saintified by the body odour of bubu!

In fact, he's now running the petroleum ministry with bubu!

APCEFCC abracadabra grin
Re: Throwback: Why Ex-Gov Sylva Recovered 48 Houses – EFCC by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 12, 2020
helinues:

Last warning....
Grow up!And stop crying like a kid, people mention me all the time.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? / Enemies Of Nigeria Sponsoring, Encouraging Discord, Anarchy ― Presidency / ENDSARS: We Are Angry With Buhari- Slay Queens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.