Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola (6415 Views)

Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider / Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by tollu: 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ Boriswole
If you are a moderator here, y didn't u use your main account? That might have lent your post some credibility. You should understand that whoever wants to give on this forum would be sparing their hard earned money and nobody wants to be hoodwinked. Again.

I like Justwise and Aisha2's suggestion abt getting the hospital involved. Please give this appeal some creibility by at least showing it's not going into getting someone a new car or whatever.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by sorrytoo: 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2011
tollu:

@ Boriswole
If you are a moderator here, y didn't u use your main account? That might have lent your post some credibility. You should understand that whoever wants to give on this forum would be sparing their hard earned money and nobody wants to be hoodwinked. Again.

I like Aisha2's suggestion abt getting the hospital involved. Please give this appeal some creibility by at least showing it's not going into getting someone a new car or whatever.

Most sensible post here!!!
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by boriswole: 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2011
tollu:

@ Boriswole

I like Justwise and Aisha2's suggestion abt getting the hospital involved. Please give this appeal some creibility by at least showing it's not going into getting someone a new car or whatever.

@ tollu, I'm a moderator on nairaland, not in family but in jobs, u can check my profile, however, I wasn't trying to take advantage of that,

I now know how hard it is to raise funds, maybe I was a little naive before. Our spamming brothers have made everyone to shine their eyes.

I will find out from the patient if st. Nicholas is attempting to raise funds for her, although I doubt that,

In Nigeria, when such things happen, ure pretty much on you own.

Like I said earlier, friends and family have already rallied round her to raise so much, but the dialysis is so expensive and it quickly diminishes her savings.

Thank you.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by ifyalways(f): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2011
Jeez People . . . .the guy attached a document alleged to be from the hospital with PHONE NUMBERS,what wud it cost to call and verify undecided
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by sorrytoo: 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2011
boriswole:

@ tollu, I'm a moderator on nairaland, not in family but in jobs, u can check my profile, however, I wasn't trying to take advantage of that,

I now know how hard it is to raise funds, maybe I was a little naive before. Our spamming brothers have made everyone to shine their eyes.

I will find out from the patient if st. Nicholas is attempting to raise funds for her, although I doubt that,

In Nigeria, when such things happen, ure pretty much on you own.

Like I said earlier, friends and family have already rallied round her to raise so much, but the dialysis is so expensive and it quickly diminishes her savings.

Thank you.
Thank you.

Poster,i'm very sure a lot of ppl will be willing to help(myself included),like tollu said ,we ll all  just like to make sure ,its not goin towards a new car,as this happens a lot

Not cos the money donated,will dent ppls pockets,but it will deny the person that needs it, and u know ppl can be heartless,

Enough said,ppl that wants to donate,pls do, ,i dont beleive its a scam,but if it is ,they will reap their rewards,and if its not,then we would have contributed in saving a life,

May we continue to be a blessing ,just as God as blessed us .Amen
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by tollu: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
boriswole:

I will find out from the patient if st. Nicholas is attempting to raise funds for her, although I doubt that.

The suggestion was not that St. Nicholas should raise the funds but that the monies be paid into the hospital's account or maybe one approved by them. I don't know how possible that is but there has to be a way for this to be somewhat official.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by justwise(m): 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
tollu:

The suggestion was not that St. Nicholas should raise the funds but that the monies be paid into the hospital's account or maybe one approved by them. I don't know how possible that is but there has to be a way for this to be somewhat official.

My point exactly, pple 'maybe' not be keen on paying into private bank account
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by boriswole: 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2011
hi all,

Apart from your kind donations, we would also appreciate any information or advice as to how we can go about this.

Do you know any NGO who may be able to help?.
any information at all will be of great help.

Thanks.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by madlady(f): 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2011
OP  Can we donate into that account from the UK?
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by boriswole: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2011
madlady:

OP  Can we donate into that account from the UK?

Hmm, not sure, except you have a GTB bank account and you can do a transfer, if not, just keep her in your prayers.

I also hear there's a gtb in the uk
Thanks.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by madlady(f): 5:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
^^ OK, I'll ask around and find the location.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by dave2(m): 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2011
Dear All,

Please, do your best to support this ailing woman.
I have confirmed the story like i promised this morning.

I sent a colleague of mine to Lasuth and Luth.
She is actually receiving dialysis at Luth presently.

Thanks.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by andyanders: 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2011
IT'S A PITY. POSTER, TAKE HER TO SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS. SHE WILL BE HEALED WITHOUT SPEDNIG A DIME. GO AND BE HEALED. SHE WILL BE HEALED BY THE ANNOITED MAN OF GOD, SENIOR PROPHET T.B.JOSHUA
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by mutter(f): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2011
Please just let us know how we can send the money across from Europe. How about western Union or the likes. Someone can then pay it into the account there.
This woman needs help and prayers.
May God stand her by.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by kasparov77: 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
Dear All, this is no scam.

I have never met the guy that posted the Topic.

But i have seen this woman at the dialysis center before.

what she has on her neck is a scarf covering the catheter which is connected to the dialysis machine.

If exposed, it is dangerous to her health and secondly you wouldn't want to talk or stand beside her because it hangs beside the neck with a bandage.

Please give  your widows mite and help save a life.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by kasparov77: 6:00pm On Feb 24, 2011
To confirm, just go to Luth dialysis center.

Luth, Idi- araba.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by ifyalways(f): 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2011
@All,When was the last time you had an urinalysis,kidney function test,blood sugar test etc .
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by Carlosein(m): 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2011
andyanders:

IT'S A PITY. POSTER, TAKE HER TO SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS. SHE WILL BE HEALED WITHOUT SPEDNIG A DIME. GO AND BE HEALED. SHE WILL BE HEALED BY THE ANNOITED MAN OF GOD, SENIOR PROPHET T.B.JOSHUA

since you have faith, why don't you take a copy of her pix to the man of God and tell him how much good he'll be doing saving a human being's life and let the rest of us take care of the practical side of things? remember the roman centurion in the bible?
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by naijacutee(f): 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2011
Is there any provision (e.g via Western Union) for people in the UK to donate?
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by boriswole: 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2011
@dave2, thanks for going out of your way to verify this appeal.
@kasparov77, thanks for the confirmation and lending credibility to this appeal.

To all those who are abroad and wish to donate via western union, you can send funds to Mrs Eniola Daramola and send details to Helpeniola@gmail.com.

You can also establish communication with the patient by sending email to Helpeniola@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by tosino: 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
I know the woman personally, if you see her in real life you will pity her. Before you jump up and shout scam, please reason like an educated person, the report is there for you to read, the doctor has a name, i'm sure there are nairalanders here who have links at the hospital and can easily get details.

Anyone who makes unkind statements, has most likely never had to run around to seek for donations for a relative with a terminal illness, lets help if we can, with donations and with info on NGO's or philanthropists who can just foot the bill once and for all. Remember part of the money has already been raised, this one is a real plea for help.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by messiah(m): 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2011
For all those that are foolish enough to fall for this cheap scam, you'll only have yourself to blame.A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2011
justwise:

My point exactly, [size=15pt]pple 'maybe' not be keen on paying into private  bank account[/size]

tollu:

The suggestion was not that St. Nicholas should raise the funds but that the [size=15pt]monies be paid into the hospital's account or maybe one approved by them[/size].

tollu:

@ Boriswole
[size=15pt]You should understand that whoever wants to give on this forum would be sparing their hard earned money and nobody wants to be hoodwinked. Again.

I like Justwise and Aisha2's suggestion abt getting the hospital involved. Please give this appeal some creibility by at least showing it's not going into getting someone a new car or whatever.[/size]

aisha2:

I think i saw this on the news last week. Hmmm, please we need kidney centers in Nigeria, i have been crying about that like a mad woman everywhere, Special Assistant on MDG please hasten actions, its dehumanizing for people to come and be begging every time for treatment . We are sending money to hospitals abroad, please let us have our own centers here, In the name of God please.
Poster, i understand your plight, people who have not been around people who have suffered from kidney failure will not understand, you loose almost all your life savings on dialysis first before even getting money for transplant, you loose your source of livelyhood so this could be anyone. [size=16pt]What i will advice is that you get in touch with the hospitals social welfare department so the money could go the hospital account directly to encourage doubting thomases, it is much better when people see their money going directly to the hospital[/size]

^^Well said

@boriswole,

Is there an Hospital Bank Account People can pay directly into?
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by flckr: 10:57pm On Feb 24, 2011
@obowunmi;wat a being u r.I happen 2 know this woman and its a sad 1 to tell u that in truth she really is a known patient of the renal unit of luth.All u need to do is to visit the dialysis centre nd ask any of the nurses there if u are not lucky to see her in person.The letter was signed by a consultant who i happened to know very well.The woman in question is also well known to me because she has been under my care at different times(call hours) even though i am not part of her managing team and i have an idea of what she is going thru.I just can't go into every single detail.I lost my father to this condition and it was 3yrs of almost emptying what he worked to achieve over 23yrs.To the individual who uploaded the story i say keep on wit the good work.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by obowunmi(m): 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
^^^ you created a new account to make your comment ---- ok! I guess u're part of the scheme.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by LoveKing(m): 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2011
obowunmi:

^^^ you created a new account to make your comment ---- ok! I guess u're part of the scheme.

nna men, wetin be your own sef? Verify with all the details given and dont kill someone due to your ignorance. Its not by force to become Justwise.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by sexxxxy(f): 11:36pm On Feb 24, 2011
U can pay straight into the account from UK, just go to any money transfer shops(not western union), and tell them u want to transfer into an overseas account!
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by cold(m): 12:28am On Feb 25, 2011
How come everybody corroborating this story are newbies with less than 150 posts.This is too cloak & dagger for me,something ain't right.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by obowunmi(m): 1:34am On Feb 25, 2011
Well said cloak -- remember the story of plat who used the money raised to buy herself a new lexus ---
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by madlady(f): 7:18am On Feb 25, 2011
sexxxxy:

U can pay straight into the account from UK, just go to any money transfer shops(not western union), and tell them u want to transfer into an overseas account!

Thank you.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by boriswole: 8:06am On Feb 25, 2011
@obowunmi, @cold and all other doubting thomases,

the corrobarations above should convince you, if they dont, quite unfortunate, Nothing i do or say will ever convince you, so this post will be my last attempt at convincing you.

1. To verify you can go to LUTH and find the consultant who signed the hospital report( thats a simple way to verify the Authenticity of a document)
Since a volunteers verification did not convince you.

2. if you cant find the consultant, ask around at the Dialysis center

3. if you are too busy to go to LUTH, find someone who knows anybody studying medicine in Unilag to help you find out.

4. Print a picture of this woman and take it to a GTB, with this you can verify that the signatory to the account is the same person in the Picture.

This experience has really been an eye opener for me and i am wiser for it.

I now appreciate what ive got.
Re: Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 25, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Having A Family...a Lesson From My Security Guard. / To The Mothers,I need help o. / Husband Built Home In Nigeria Without Telling Me. Should I Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.