Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Letter To Young People. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter To Young People. (1533 Views)

Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It / URGENT: A Timely Advice To Young Women / My Advice To Young Marriage-able Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Young People. by Blackpearlous(f): 9:15am On Sep 11, 2020
I have been reading post from young people, depressed and not just getting it, I swear it's very emotional, I actually shed a tear or two. Sometimes I wish there is a place we can all meet in the evening talk about our issues and encourage each other for better days ahead.

I'm young too and have made mistakes I wish I never did, but they happened and I had to build from there. I am not there yet but there something in my mind that has been built that makes me see all what is going on now as a PROCESS but I won't lie to you somedays I get overwhelmed and just break down and cry, somedays I get it.

What I learnt is that when I say I get it, it doesn't mean I don't feel insecure, unsure, afraid, intimated, weak, shallow, stupid and overly ignorant of the future but in my weaknesses I know I will get SOMEDAY.

Lemme share something's that have fortified my mind.

1) great people didn't get great overnight.

I swear check Tyler Perry na, where you are going is not magic that will get you there, these people missed it, got it, missed it again. Life na zig zag.

2) invest in your mind

There is nothing you can't unlearn or learn, if you have a problem with gambling you can fix it, I swear its not beyond you only if you don't want to fix it, if you need to lose weigh you can, it's your life you can edit anything you want.

3) problems are inevitable.

Just choose your problem, if you don't invest in yourself you will have problems, if you do you will have problems from investing.bif you hustle problem if you don't hustle problem.

4) Everyone is wearing a social mask.

Stop comparing yourself with someone else's social mask, you most def don't look like your problems completely, same as your colleague, we all have issues but you know yourself more than you know me so you will compare your true self with my own social self, that a recipe for depression. As I dey type I no too dey ok, you will think I'm better. So face your problem.

5) time will go whether or not you do anything.

Use time well, if you like pity yourself for ten years or take control of your life for ten years, ten years will pass. Go and learn a skill no matter what, weda it's to fix tiles or plumbing just spend time well.

It's too long ba? No vex. Lastly abeg dey read or listen to better people or change your circle, admire better people.

I love you guys. See you at the top!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter To Young People. by Ghallant01(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2020
Blackpearlous:
5) time will go whether or not you do anything

@Op I love this last point you made.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Young People. by Blackpearlous(f): 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ghallant01:

@Op I love this last point you made.

Thank you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Young People. by bukatyne(f): 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nice thread @OP.

Keep up with this and you will definitely go places. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Young People. by Bewiseedet(m): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2020
There is nothing you can't unlearn or Learn.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Young People. by Blackpearlous(f): 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2020
bukatyne:
Nice thread @OP.

Amen amen fire!!!!

1 Like

Re: Letter To Young People. by Slimtuns(m): 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2020
Thanks for this piece OP. Lately it's been crazy on this side of the world but there's no way we are gonna fix the problem if we won't stop being depressed about it. This need to get to FP

cc Lalasticlala
Re: Letter To Young People. by Blackpearlous(f): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2020
Slimtuns:
Thanks for this piece OP. Lately it's been crazy on this side of the world but there's no way we are gonna fix the problem if we won't stop being depressed about it. This need to get to FP

cc Lalasticlala

Yea, the pressure can be overwhelming and you that is growing small small will feel you are not getting better.

Las Las we will be alright if we try.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Young People. by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2020
Find a way to japa from Africa. Success in life is 90 percent environment and 10 percent personal effort. Imagine working extremely hard in a place like Somalia what do you think you would achieve? Forget the buohaha. Nigeria is a shithole.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To Young People. by Blackpearlous(f): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Find a way to japa from Africa. Success in life is 90 percent environment and 10 percent personal effort. Imagine working extremely hard in a place like Somalia what do you think you would achieve? Forget the buohaha. Nigeria is a shithole.

Environment matters true, but this not Somalia. Seun is cashing out in nija, check how people are making it legit in nija too.

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Young People. by lordally(m): 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Environment matters true, but this not Somalia. Seun is cashing out in nija, check how people are making it legit in nija too.

My sister for One Seun that made it , there are over 1 million Seun that are likely never to make it big in life...due to their environment. After reading your comment I was like ""Ah Ah!! Shey this babe no dey ,9ja ni??" grin see my dear, people are doing pretty well in Nigeria but they are few!!! And some of those who are making it are even struggling!!! See have you noticed the middle class in Nigeria is Gradually Disappearing!!! And it's likely getting to a state where we will have just the SUPER RICH and THE RETCHED...... Think deep!!!

After graduating from school graduates earn 50K , Tp from Ikotun to VI is 1500 going alone ooo .... see ehn make I no just talk!!! Cos deep down you no the truth.... What of health care??
Ehn I lost a neighbor to Malaria because of poverty!!! Ok what about that pilot that crashed into a building in Lagos He was taken to the hospital and they refused to take treat him until a police report was brought which he later died!!! My dear how many people do you hear of begging on national TV for money for kidney transplant , heart transplant etc...omo make I no just talk!!! Last week something happened at where I reside and I had to go to the nearby police station around past 11pm my sister guess what!!! Police station don close!!! As in laugh no gree me as in no be small police station ooo...omo laugh no gree me!!! So that means a perfect robbery can go on in the whole of Jakande Estate and nothing will be done...omo make I no just talk!!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter To Young People. by Blackpearlous(f): 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
lordally:

My sister for One Seun that made it , there are over 1 million Seun that are likely never to make it big in life...due to their environment. After reading your comment I was like ""Ah Ah!! Shey this babe no dey ,9ja ni??" grin see my dear, people are doing pretty well in Nigeria but they are few!!! And some of those who are making it are even struggling!!! See have you noticed the middle class in Nigeria is Gradually Disappearing!!! And it's likely getting to a state where we will have just the SUPER RICH and THE RETCHED...... Think deep!!!

After graduating from school graduates earn 50K , Tp from Ikotun to VI is 1500 going alone ooo .... see ehn make I no just talk!!! Cos deep down you no the truth.... What of health care??
Ehn I lost a neighbor to Malaria because of poverty!!! Ok what about that pilot that crashed into a building in Lagos He was taken to the hospital and they refused to take treat him until a police report was brought which he later died!!! My dear how many people do you hear of begging on national TV for money for kidney transplant , heart transplant etc...omo make I no just talk!!! Last week something happened at where I reside and I had to go to the nearby police station around past 11pm my sister guess what!!! Police station don close!!! As in laugh no gree me as in no be small police station ooo...omo laugh no gree me!!! So that means a perfect robbery can go on in the whole of Jakande Estate and nothing will be done...omo make I no just talk!!!!

Hands down, you win..

Environment matters.. I agree totally.

Was laughing while reading..

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Young People. by lordally(m): 12:14am On Sep 12, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Hands down, you win..

Environment matters.. I agree totally.

Was laughing while reading..

Hahahahha see ehn I served in One local Govt in EBONYI state ...and I was in NCCF although I dey sneak out to go Download bottles with my dudes then I go come back come join fellowship grin grin so we hosted an Evangelism in a village called INIKIRI which is in EBONYI state.....kai!!! Come and see poverty!!! I wept!!! I swear half of those kids might never get to see the state capital ABAKALIKI till they die!!! even a building that was called CENTER FOR DEVELOPMENT na Uncompleted building na that time I weak!!! I swear I saw life and I begin thank God for my own life cos those people I saw there would kill to have my kind of life!!! We gave out free medical treatment , free barbing for the men free hair making for the girls....we gave out buckets to the women and guess what!!! They were dancing!!! I just dey stand open mouth!!! The white shorts and white polo we initially wore in camp and our jungle boots we gave it to the kids and guess what They all wore it to church and were smiling like it's Christmas cloth!!! I sat down on the floor and cried!!!

Those kids no matter how talented they are would never make it if they don't leave that place!!!

In 2010 I saw a short guy play good football in my village during December and he played so good they won the cup and prize if 100K... After the match the next day I saw him with cutlass going to farm!!! I was like ...if only Man u , Barca etc can just locate this guy!!! Well as it is 10yr after now in 2020 dude still dey village!!! Just imagine he was in Germany , Australia or USA!!

This is one of the reasons why I got into SOFTWARE ENGINEERING so I will create a solution for lost talents like him!!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Letter To Young People. by HomerTimpson: 12:38am On Sep 12, 2020
bukatyne:
Nice thread @OP.

i have a feeling abt you with the way you went on ghost mode last time you mentioned me, but don't worry be doing super woman there cool
Re: Letter To Young People. by MMotimo: 12:42am On Sep 12, 2020
If you have people that love you, food on your table, good health, peace of mind and you are able to sleep with both eyes closed - be thankful to God. That is a whole lot more than a lot of wealthy people have.
Don’t forget to enjoy your youth, the years go by quickly.

5 Likes

Re: Letter To Young People. by Blackpearlous(f): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2020
lordally:

Hahahahha see ehn I served in One local Govt in EBONYI state ...and I was in NCCF although I dey sneak out to go Download bottles with my dudes then I go come back come join fellowship grin grin so we hosted an Evangelism in a village called INIKIRI which is in EBONYI state.....kai!!! Come and see poverty!!! I wept!!! I swear half of those kids might never get to see the state capital ABAKALIKI till they die!!! even a building that was called CENTER FOR DEVELOPMENT na Uncompleted building na that time I weak!!! I swear I saw life and I begin thank God for my own life cos those people I saw there would kill to have my kind of life!!! We gave out free medical treatment , free barbing for the men free hair making for the girls....we gave out buckets to the women and guess what!!! They were dancing!!! I just dey stand open mouth!!! The white shorts and white polo we initially wore in camp and our jungle boots we gave it to the kids and guess what They all wore it to church and were smiling like it's Christmas cloth!!! I sat down on the floor and cried!!!

Those kids no matter how talented they are would never make it if they don't leave that place!!!

In 2010 I saw a short guy play good football in my village during December and he played so good they won the cup and prize if 100K... After the match the next day I saw him with cutlass going to farm!!! I was like ...if only Man u , Barca etc can just locate this guy!!! Well as it is 10yr after now in 2020 dude still dey village!!! Just imagine he was in Germany , Australia or USA!!

This is one of the reasons why I got into SOFTWARE ENGINEERING so I will create a solution for lost talents like him!!!

My heart o... I cannot come and be crying for Nigeria this early morning. Environment matters o, I agree pa, in that ebonyi now how many people go dey reason to be a billionaire, everything will just be village level and cloths to wear and food finish

Thank you for last part. May you find it easy to help and when you want to start helping don't forget me o, I'm a lost talent too, it has lost in this Nigeria grin grin : grin

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Young People. by lordally(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2020
Blackpearlous:

My heart o... I cannot come and be crying for Nigeria this early morning. Environment matters o, I agree pa, in that ebonyi now how many people go dey reason to be a billionaire, everything will just be village level and cloths to wear and food finish

Thank you for last part. May you find it easy to help and when you want to start helping don't forget me o, I'm a lost talent too, it has lost in this Nigeria grin grin : grin

Hahaha you no well grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Letter To Young People. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
It's all about time
Re: Letter To Young People. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
lordally:

Sir, I'm filled with rage after reading what you wrote here! I'm disheartened, why have our youths refused to fight for their rights?

I won't say anything more, only we can make our future better. Youths now think more of sex, alcohol..... Jesus! i'm tired, I have tried to enlighten nigerians; Facebook keep banning my account.

The best way is to fight in another country, since I was 16; I wanted to leave this shithole. Once I'm done with my apprenticeship, I'mam leave as soon as possible but won't stop fighting for the disintegration of this contraption.

When MNK was in this country, nigerians should have used that opportunity to demand restructure or burst, but they lost it because they are blacks and do not reason.

I'm so angry, even frankfrancis871 warned us all. He knew Something, little wonder he created a diary just to pass a message.

https://www.nairaland.com/4995389/nonconforming-insights-onyedika

1 Like

Re: Letter To Young People. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
Nice one gurl.

Thumbs up!
Re: Letter To Young People. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
Op, Good One. U Try.
Re: Letter To Young People. by sageb: 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
Blackpearlous:
I have been reading post from young people, depressed and not just getting it, I swear it's very emotional, I actually shed a tear or two. Sometimes I wish there is a place we can all meet in the evening talk about our issues and encourage each other for better days ahead.

I'm young too and have made mistakes I wish I never did, but they happened and I had to build from there. I am not there yet but there something in my mind that has been built that makes me see all what is going on now as a PROCESS but I won't lie to you somedays I get overwhelmed and just break down and cry, somedays I get it.

What I learnt is that when I say I get it, it doesn't mean I don't feel insecure, unsure, afraid, intimated, weak, shallow, stupid and overly ignorant of the future but in my weaknesses I know I will get SOMEDAY.

Lemme share something's that have fortified my mind.

1) great people didn't get great overnight.

I swear check Tyler Perry na, where you are going is not magic that will get you there, these people missed it, got it, missed it again. Life na zig zag.

2) invest in your mind

There is nothing you can't unlearn or learn, if you have a problem with gambling you can fix it, I swear its not beyond you only if you don't want to fix it, if you need to lose weigh you can, it's your life you can edit anything you want.

3) problems are inevitable.

Just choose your problem, if you don't invest in yourself you will have problems, if you do you will have problems from investing.bif you hustle problem if you don't hustle problem.

4) Everyone is wearing a social mask.

Stop comparing yourself with someone else's social mask, you most def don't look like your problems completely, same as your colleague, we all have issues but you know yourself more than you know me so you will compare your true self with my own social self, that a recipe for depression. As I dey type I no too dey ok, you will think I'm better. So face your problem.

5) time will go whether or not you do anything.

Use time well, if you like pity yourself for ten years or take control of your life for ten years, ten years will pass. Go and learn a skill no matter what, weda it's to fix tiles or plumbing just spend time well.

It's too long ba? No vex. Lastly abeg dey read or listen to better people or change your circle, admire better people.

I love you guys. See you at the top!
so true, it is not easy but we move ahead anyway.
Re: Letter To Young People. by bukatyne(f): 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Amen amen fire!!!!

Do you attend Mountain of Fire? grin
Re: Letter To Young People. by lordally(m): 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
NwaEje:

Sir, I'm filled with rage after reading what you wrote here! I'm disheartened, why have our youths refused to fight for their rights?

I won't say anything more, only we can make our future better. Youths now think more of sex, alcohol..... Jesus! i'm tired, I have tried to enlighten nigerians; Facebook keep banning my account.

The best way is to fight in another country, since I was 16; I wanted to leave this shithole. Once I'm done with my apprenticeship, I'mam leave as soon as possible but won't stop fighting for the disintegration of this contraption.

When MNK was in this country, nigerians should have used that opportunity to demand restructure or burst, but they lost it because they are blacks and do not reason.

I'm so angry, even frankfrancis871 warned us all. He knew Something, little wonder he created a diary just to pass a message.

https://www.nairaland.com/4995389/nonconforming-insights-onyedika

Bro youve said it all!!! i cannot figut while im here...cos if i do and they kill me who will take care of my parents when they get old?? what of the money and stress i passed tru in school just to have a better life?? omo ty list long abeg!!! my long term goal is to leave Nigeria highest in 3yrs from now and give my people a better life!!! bro just do your thing and save up enoigh cash so you can used that tk achieve your dream of leaving 9ja.... PM me bro make i give you one or two useful information.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Young People. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
lordally:

Bro youve said it all!!! i cannot figut while im here...cos if i do and they kill me who will take care of my parents when they get old?? what of the money and stress i passed tru in school just to have a better life?? omo ty list long abeg!!! my long term goal is to leave Nigeria highest in 3yrs from now and give my people a better life!!! bro just do your thing and save up enoigh cash so you can used that tk achieve your dream of leaving 9ja.... PM me bro make i give you one or two useful information.

Sir I'd like to keep in touch with you since we have same goal. I still have few years to stay with my oga. Thanks alot.
Re: Letter To Young People. by lordally(m): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
NwaEje:

Sir I'd like to keep in touch with you since we have same goal. I still have few years to stay with my oga. Thanks alot.

You no get wahala baba
Re: Letter To Young People. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
lordally:

You no get wahala baba

Sent the pm already, sir...
Re: Letter To Young People. by lordally(m): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
NwaEje:

Sent the pm already, sir...

I don reply baba

1 Like

Re: Letter To Young People. by dingbang(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
cool
Re: Letter To Young People. by 7BigSquids: 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2020
Nice
Re: Letter To Young People. by AyoConduit: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
Thank you OP

I have learnt to;

Stay away from negative energy (Including those useless uncles & aunts that will call to monitor your progress or regression)

Do what I love more. (Eating good food, music, sex, sitting by the beach and seeing movies)

Try to enjoy any work I find doing. Sometimes I'm wiring a house, other times I'm selling insurance, I even raise rabbit, I learn graphics design too. I try to enjoy doing them no matter how hard.

Start living now. Truth is we can't all be billionaires and Tomorrow isn't promised to no one. If you have money, spend it. Don't wait to be very rich to enjoy life.

Every second you are living is life itself, you might as well start living it up. If good things come enjoy, if it's otherwise, at least you can remember how you enjoyed the good times.

Sorry for the long post

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let The Sun Pay Your Electricity Bill / Nobody Wants To Marry A Broke Girl Also / Yoruba Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.