Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakilome - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakilome (13086 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome DID NOT Ban Singer , Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor Chris Oyakilome Allegedly Bans Singer, Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 15, 2007
What is unscriptural about this man?
someone tell me.
I am quick to point out that his "followers" need an understanding of the scriptures to know whom to adore but what exactly is this man about?
I hardly know anything about him.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by kulaShaker(f): 12:28am On Jul 15, 2007
this man is faker than the fake gucci sunglasses i bought from a chinese guy on London's Regents street
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 15, 2007
please give me examples
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by kulaShaker(f): 12:48am On Jul 15, 2007
where do you want me to start? *sorry i really don't do long drawn debates just stating my opinion*
his hair?, clothes?, accent? , preaching?,  the man is a clone of Benny HINN. again where can one start from?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by 9ja4eva: 1:44am On Jul 15, 2007
Well dere r some things better nt said bt yes he is a follower of Benny Hinn
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 15, 2007
but I love Benny Hinn.
You people are confusing me
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by darfur(m): 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2007
the man performs "miracles", many people dont believe those miracles, then the nigerian braodcasting c-------- (NBC-i dont know the full name grin ) now made a rule that all miracles must be medically verified b4 being broadcast on tv. thus we are sure some people were actually ill (medically diagnosed) and after any healing ministry they will be medically examined and confirmed as healed. dear sister miracles disappeared on tv grin

i know christ did heal people whom everyone knew they were ill and all saw they were healed. on one occasion he sent a healed former leper to show himself to the priests (who probably knew him when he was leprous) that is verification. it is even scriptural. why are pastor chris' supporters annoyed with verification?

logically one expected them to welcome it as it will be a solid proof of the authenticity of the miracles and doubting dudes like darfur will believe them and perhaps join them.

more importantly, there seems to be very little, if any, aura of humility/holiness in many of his followers and there is no apparent strong discouragement of such unchristlike attitudes by the church
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by darfur(m): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2007
in 2002 my cousin told me he saw his classmate on tv being healed in pastor chris' campaign crusade as having been born blind. his own classmate. in university o shocked imo state university o.

on resumption of school he confronted the girl and she said she was paid to do that.

Question: who paid the girl to do that?
Answer: i dont know o cheesy then i used to love pastor chris and i said may be his enemies are paying people to make false claims in order to discredit him. or the girl was just a "white liar". or my cousin was lying. all hypothesis wink

the truth is that there is a strong spirit of fornication and seduction among his followers in nigerian universities. i cant trust such a movement. cool
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by kulaShaker(f): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2007
that is no surprise, i saw one man on crusade being healed of deafness on telly, according to the pastor and his men in suits they said he was born deaf, and once he received this so called healing , hurray! he could hear and guess what? the man who was healed didn't even look happy,didn't even look shocked, he was devoid of emotion, all he did was mumble a few sounds and the pastor's men in suits danced around more than the man that they said was born deaf. Now i don't know about you guys but one time i found a fiver on my street , i skipped home beaming from ear to ear, talk less of a man said to have been born deaf and healed. I believe in miracles but this man is a fake, him and many others in their fake suits. I think it is a very wicked thing to do to people who have little or nothing in Nigeria, to give false hope and squeeze them out of their pennies, pure wickedness
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by numbers: 12:14pm On Jul 17, 2007
all the records of Jesus Christ in the Bible potrayed a simple man.

How do you justify pastors living in affluence when some members of thier congregation can hardly feed?

This boom in religiousity is coming at a time when our values are worse than when our ancestors worshipped gods.

I think its all driven by insecurity and despiration.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Seun(m): 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2007
I have no problem with pastors living in affluence, but I have a problem with the 10% tax they impose on people.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by pilgrim1(f): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2007
Seun:

I have no problem with pastors living in affluence, but I have a problem with the 10% tax they impose on people.

I have a problem with both: especially in cases where the 10% "imposed" feeds the "affluence" of such MOGs. undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by donnie(m): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2007
What if by any chance he dosnt? Do you know what will happen to ur tongue? I can tell you: It will roast in hell 4 ever n ever.

And just in case you think because you dont believe in hell it dosnt exist, the suffering actually begins here on earth; Its only a matter of time before it becomes evident that you are paying for the wrong use of your tongue.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by pilgrim1(f): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2007
@donnie,

donnie:

What if by any chance he dosnt? Do you know what will happen to your tongue? I can tell you: It will roast in hell 4 ever n ever.

Rubbish, donnie. . . absolute bunkum! A lot of things have been alleged already against your pastor and even other pastors, some of which no Loveworld member has convincing put to rest. Where in God's Word do you find that anyone will roast in hell because you didn't like them questioning your hero-worship?

You're just getting ridiculous by the day!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by youngies(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@donnie,

Rubbish, donnie. . . absolute bunkum! A lot of things have been alleged already against your pastor and even other pastors, some of which no Loveworld member has convincing put to rest. Where in God's Word do you find that anyone will roast in hell because you didn't like them questioning your hero-worship?

You're just getting ridiculous by the day!

WORD, WORD!! pilgrim
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Pillarbeck(f): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2007
darfur:

the truth is that there is a strong spirit of fornication and seduction among his followers in nigerian universities. i can't trust such a movement. cool

Fornication and seduction has nothing to do with a particular ministry. IT's simple, any christian could fulfill the lust fo the flesh if he/she's not working by the Spirit. That the pastor of a ministry's holy doesn't mean every member is holy. You must understand that the church of God's like a hospital meant for healing. Both the strong and the weak attend. It's by grace that we are saved. Not by power nor might. Only God justifies! Judge Not!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Pillarbeck(f): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2007
Who is a false prophet?
A false prophet is one who says “Jesus did not come in the flesh”, “Jesus was never born of a virgin”, “He never died on the cross”, “He never rose again”, “He never ascended into Heaven”.

Working of miracles is not a proof that someone’s false. Any miracle that’s not performed by the authority of Jesus is called “Magic”. Jesus promised that we’d do greater things than He did. If Jesus raised the dead, what stops us from raising the dead? Many cannot be used of God because they’re committing sin against the Holy Spirit, which cannot be forgiven. They have their conscience seared with hot iron.

Anyone who turns people away from Christ is a false prophet. Anyone who leads people to Christ is a true prophet.

We must be careful with what we say because "sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven"

Study 1 John 4
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Pillarbeck(f): 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2007
9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries, 11 whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.
Depravity of False Teachers

12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption, 13 and will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you, 14 having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children. 15 They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man’s voice restrained the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds[b] carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.[c]

2 Peter 2
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by toshmann(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2007
i discovered that there is a christ embassy in cardiff. i'll be there tommorow to see things for myself. but i'll put my feelings about pastor chris behind me and go there with an open mind to worship God. i'll report back to this thread 2mrw after service.
i look forward to worshipping God happily 2mrw. . . . . . i've not been in church for about 2wks now undecided blame it on the rain cool
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by pilgrim1(f): 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2007
Come soon and let us know. cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2007
Toshmann,how was it?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by toshmann(m): 10:03pm On Jul 23, 2007
nothing much. just a few nigerians (about 10-15) gathered in a little primary school and started to worship. the preacher was a lady while the pastor is a young guy. i know some of them members. no big deal. they are just like me. normal preaching but i was a lil bit uncomfortable with the so much reference to pastor chris during the sermon. but to be objective, no big deal. no big difference with other churches.

confession . . . . . .i went there b/c a guy i needed to help me get a new house asked me to meet him there grin at least i dey talk true grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by pilgrim1(f): 7:59am On Jul 24, 2007
toshman,

toshmann:

normal preaching but i was a little bit uncomfortable with the so much reference to pastor chris during the sermon.

Good lad. If that line was missing, I would have queried indeed if you actually went to the right place. Of necessity, it would just have to be that much reference to pastor Chris as the advertizing ingredient. wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by toshmann(m): 11:19am On Jul 24, 2007
yea, it was as if his word or his actions are the way forward.
no big deal to be honest but methinks it's a bit dangerous b/c when you focus on any human being that way, it will be difficult to oppose the person even when he is wrong.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by jeshua(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2007
I have read so many people saying they know Pastor Chris!!!! Someone even told me he didnt school in Nigeria(not on this page anyway). Because you are a keyboardist in his church or even a Pastor, that doesnt make you a close pal, close enough to know him. I have followed his ministry for a couple of years now and I actually noticed the hair go from normal to curls and i have also seen the poor souls in the church too copy him. I was extremely sad one day at Idumota (before I travelled) a guy who obviously attends his church and with the jerry culrs and the suit entered the same bus as I. Well, I don't know the reason behind the tradition but it is definetely not because it looks good. Have taken time to see all the photo copies in the church, sorry second best chris' wearing a curl on their boney "body",
Please don't quote me wrong, I can just imagine what will happen if Jesus Christ comes back and enters the church and ask what and why the jerry curls'? I wonder what the answer will be; "it looks good on us".
The style as really advanced the ministry, a place where "anything " goes.
Is there anybody who has heard of the "fishers" method used by an organisation thought of to be christian but was using women to lure men into their fold. Ihave seen their girls lespecialy on campus lure men to join.My brother almost entered the trap and he was returned to his church and the relationship ended thus( i am not saying that the church is not of God). I put it to any memeber of Christ embassy that 95% of what Chris teaches is way over there head and only the noise and the style of dressing is what they ahve which accounts for the 5%.
I have a picture with me which i do not desire to be on e-bay showing Pastor Chris with my Brother in law at the university of Benin and that goes to show How much information I have about him.
I always want to ask Christians the question, how much love do you ahev for Christ and your Pastor? The Berean christian didnt allow the popularity of Paul to enter ther head instead checked everythin-EVERYTHING he said with the sriptures. The life of Paul was about Christ, the life of the Apostles was all about Christ. They wont do anything that will make their disciples to err in the matters of the kingdom.
I have seen with churches to day which does not care about discipline and so permits anything to happen and i know what the book of revelation says about them:

Rev.2:18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write the following:“This is the solemn pronouncement of the Son of God, the one who has eyes like a fiery flame and whose feet are like polished bronze: ‘I know your deeds: your love, faith, service, and steadfast endurance. In fact, your more recent deeds are greater than your earlier ones. But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and by her teaching deceives my servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. have given her time to repent, but she is not willing to repent of her sexual immorality. Look! I am throwing her onto a bed of violent illness, and those who commit adultery with her into terrible suffering, 76 unless they repent of her deeds. 2:23 Furthermore, I will strike her followers 77 with a deadly disease, 78 and then all the churches will know that I am the one who searches minds and hearts. I will repay 79 each one of you 80 what your deeds deserve. 81 2:24 But to the rest of you in Thyatira, all who do not hold to this teaching 82 (who have not learned the so-called “deep secrets 83 of Satan”), to you I say: I do not put any additional burden on you. 2:25 However, hold on to what you have until I come. 2:26 And to the one who conquers 84 and who continues in 85 my deeds until the end, I will give him authority over the nations 2:27 he 87 will rule 88 them with an iron rod"

what is the spirit of jezebel that God didnt destroy but awits her repentance, check back into the old testament and see that all that Jezebel cares about is how she looked and how her husband will look. If the logic is it looks good on them, then they all have a problem or probably SICK.

I don't know, upon all the seeming problems Chris notices with churches around which characterizes his messages now (the other day he was talking about the symbol of the bird on a church logo, i am not a redeem member but everyone knows redeem CCG have got a bird upside down their logo), why Chris wont talk about all the men in his church with curls like he does. Or is the new creature of the book of corinthians not enough but need help from mortals. I don't really know, i know many of theri memebers who have a lifestyle that even an unbeliever condems but they are the "waz up Pastors" in the campuses.
I am not against him or the church but my stand is WHAT WOULD JESUS DO
bY THE WAY FOR EVER CARES TO KNOW, MIRACLES IS NOT THE SIGN OF A MAN OF GOD:
aCTS 8:9-10 But there was a certain man called Simon, who previously practiced sorcery in the city and astonished the people of Samaria, claiming that he was someone great, 10 to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, “This man is the great power of God.”
AND IT DOESNT A PERSON NOT TO BE OF GOD, what of Jonah who God sent and he proclaimed, can you imagine what happened after nothing happened upon his true proclamation. Jonah knew his image was at stake especially with the personality of God who is merciful. That city historicall returned to their sinful ways because they thot maybe the message of jonah was a lie-Nineveh is totally distryoed now.
So stop shouting that the miracles makes him, he doesnt even have a part in it-IT IS ALL OF GOD'S GRACE

Pastor Chris is a man of God I do believe that but remember this

"THE BEST OF ALL MEN IS STILL A MAN"; Let Chris be man and he is not the role model anyway Jesus is and Jesus was strict with image his disciple had of him because he knew they will tend to look like him[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by jeshua(m): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2007
toshmann:

no big deal to be honest but methinks it's a bit dangerous b/c when you focus on any human being that way, it will be difficult to oppose the person even when he is wrong.

the major problem is that some of our Pastors and trying to enjoy the life of celebrites and it isnt what Christ desires. Can you imagine that the Jewish leaders needed Judas to help identify Jesus because although he was the Lord, he showed himself as a servant. Can you imagine how many of them will learn some forms of humilty from Pastor Adeboye, I am not a Redeem member but I know how i want people to judge me after I am gone and I know my choice of model.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by jeshua(m): 11:50am On Jul 24, 2007
Pillarbeck:

Who is a false prophet?
A false prophet is one who says “Jesus did not come in the flesh”, “Jesus was never born of a virgin”, “He never died on the cross”, “He never rose again”, “He never ascended into Heaven”.

Working of miracles is not a proof that someone’s false. Any miracle that’s not performed by the authority of Jesus is called “Magic”. Jesus promised that we’d do greater things than He did. If Jesus raised the dead, what stops us from raising the dead? Many cannot be used of God because they’re committing sin against the Holy Spirit, which cannot be forgiven. They have their conscience seared with hot iron.

Anyone who turns people away from Christ is a false prophet. Anyone who leads people to Christ is a true prophet.

We must be careful with what we say because "sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven"

Study 1 John 4

I assume you have an evangelical background. I mean evangelicals like methodist, Baptist etc because you are so filled with fear(I am a Baptist). That is good but that definition of false prophet is the definition of an anti christ in the book of 1st John. It is not for a false prophet, a false prophet is the person who speaks in like manner as a true prophet, soemof his word can be true or untrue but the major thing that distinguishes a false prophet is that the messages he gives will either lead his /her back to himself or to something else rather than God. They take the glory or take your attention away from God to a ritual or or even themselves. God always take the glory. They may say praise God but when after their words you feel, I need to with this man to continue to make and it doesnt draw your attention to christ RUN.
The other passage you quoted in john aboutthe sin to the holy spirit. it is quite a revelation of the person of the holy spirit. The passage did not say SINS but sin, meaning singular. the context is that of people showing that they do not believe in Jesus Christ as the lord and Jesus said, the "sin" of unbelieve has no forginess why becos if you remain an unbeliever, you end up in hell and it is the work of the Holy Spirit to convict you of sin and convince of the need for repentance but if you still remain undecided, it can not be pardoned. That is why Jesus said
in Mat 9:6
"But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins" ––then He said to the paralytic, "Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house." The pwoer to forgive sins is only on earth and in heaven it is judgement. It doesnt limit the power of Jesus Christ but it only shows that repenetance is only done here and forgiveness only happens here. Period.
Therefore the sin of unbelief is the sin not anyother becos it is the only sin that can not be forgiven. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved has not changed becos your unbelieve is the ticket to eternal doom.
Hope you understand.
shalom!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by pilgrim1(f): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2007
toshmann:

It's not just a bit dangerous; it's really a huge problem for many. When some have queried the idea of hero-worship, we had their members condemning others to roast in hell fire. Anyway, only God can teach His people - and He is doing so to those who simply seek Jesus.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by darfur(m): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2007
how person go carry himself make reference for church. wetin God go come dey do now? una forget say God dey jealous.
nobody takes God's glory at all. nobody
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by kulaShaker(f): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2007
i find the members weird, they all have one trait -----------------------THEY ALL WORSHIP OYAKILOME and not God ''my instincts say he is a sleek cult figure, but not clever,'' vunerable people continue to fall and good for them is what i say God gave you brains but you refused to use the cells. I am sorry but pictures of a pastor and his wife on all reading material given to members i find very creepy, talk about self obsessed.

Got to give it to them though this business of modern day religious enterprise is making some people smile all the way to the bank(CHING CHING ££££$$$$). if i didnt have a conscience myself i would join the trend and set up camp too as PROPHETESS KULASHAKER.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Enigma(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2007
Or as Pro[b]F[/b]itess Kula Shaker? grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by kulaShaker(f): 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2007
Enigma:

Or as Pro[b]F[/b]itess Kula Shaker? grin

omg you hit it right on the head my child. lol you will have financial breakthrough for that simple utterance ''hum hum '' grin grin

i am not anti christainity , just anti money -worship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen A Live Miracle? / Let Us Be Honest- Life Is Both Meaningless And Purposeless / 6 Days To The Appearance Of Jesus Christ (13th September 2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.