Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakilome - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakilome (13087 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome DID NOT Ban Singer , Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor Chris Oyakilome Allegedly Bans Singer, Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 14, 2007
toshmann:

nothing much. just a few nigerians (about 10-15) gathered in a little primary school and started to worship. the preacher was a lady while the pastor is a young guy. i know some of them members. no big deal. they are just like me. normal preaching[b] but i was a little bit uncomfortable with the so much reference to pastor chris during the sermon[/b]. but to be objective, no big deal. no big difference with other churches.

confession . . . . . .i went there b/c a guy i needed to help me get a new house asked me to meet him there grin at least i dey talk true grin grin grin

I would be too.
Olumba olumba worshippers mention his name countless times.
people have to be very careful and read the Bible for themselves.
The Guyana tragedy where members drank poison and died started as an innocent church and degenearted into a cult where the words of the "man of God" became law and he had a "word" from God that nobody bothered to cross check with the Ultimate word,which is the Bible.
hero worship is akin to cultism.
Christ is the ultimate not Pastor Chris or Pastor chras.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by donnie(m): 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2007
Thanks very much for your expose. If I may ask, who is worshipping this man? From what i see, it is you and your group of friends. Only that you wish it were not so.

As far as I know, the members of our congregation are full of love for Jesus and His message. This they have demonstrated in their work and in their words. Why are you looking for fault where there is none.

If the excitement you see on their faces reminds you of the fact that you have lost your first love, why not humbly repent instead of calling what you are seeing evil.

The fact that it is not a common phenomenon in the church today for people to be as excited as we appear (even though it will be very soon -whether satan likes it or not)  about Jesus, should not make long faces and 'judgemental police check points in church' the in-thing.

Rather than grumble, simply repent and embrace your first love. Amen.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2007
were you talking to me about repentance?
Repentance from sin or repentance from voicing my views.

I don't know pastor Chris.
I don't live in Nigeria and never heard of him till the saga about stolen money ending up at Christ embassy.

The much I know is what his members have said on this forum and what other forumites have written.
My statements have never been directly to him but generally on hero worship and on any actions I see as unbecoming such as his members adamant that he ought to do nothing regarding the stolen money and calling down fire and brimstone on any reasonable suggestions.

I am not his judge but it'll be wrong of me to see signs of hero worship by some members and keep quiet.
Some member of his church in another thread or so even thanked me for pointing out certain things things he was doing unknowingly.
I recently met a member of Christ embassy here in the USA and she is a fine Christian,we prayed together and I love her as a sister.

So I think the problem probably is not Pastor Chris but some "followers" who don't know that Chris is Just a man vulnerable in all ways just as we all are.
He still has to daily confess his sins and pray for guidance.He is nothing but a mere man,man of God but nevertheless a man with faults and weaknesses,we cannot afford to lose that point.

Lastly,I'm not jealous of your excitement whatever that might be.
I'll rather pray you have Joy,joy is deep within and flows like a river and is of the Holy Ghost,excitement is fleeting, emotionally driven and is mere showmanship.
That is not a fruit.
Armed robbers also get excited after robbery,I get excited about eating delicious moi moi,so excitement is not what I'm looking for.
Bless you immensely and I pray that the Lord will cause us all to grow from strength to strength until his appearing.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Wado(f): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2007
Calf, this question is for u pls. i like pastor chris message, but why is it that all around lagos you will hardly see any of christ embassy church with a good structure. Most of them are in make shift tent. With all the afluent he display on telly.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by bish2001(m): 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2007
D
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by kulaShaker(f): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2007
dimka:

aberg leave this Man of God alone.
we are all men of God too abeg!
what makes him special, with this man of God man of God chants by Nigerians you all forget the core of worship. Ask yourselves this ''is it man we worship or God we worship?'' enough of the man of God me too i am a woman of God . Hisss. rubbish modern day idolisation of man ''PATHETIC'' sad

I LEAVE YOU WITH YOUR MAN OF GOD, just tell him one thing for me ''tell him what he does is call plagiarism with God's words''
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by fuzek: 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2007
kulaShaker:

just tell him one thing for me ''tell him what he does is call plagiarism with God's words''

You'l have to tell him that yourself *hissing*

@topic, nobody worships pastor Chris, he's a man like we all are, but they're simply obeying the bible that says and i quote :

2Chron20:20 ---- believe in the Lord your God, so shall you be established; believe in His Prophets, so shall you prosper.

and also the same bible says in Psalm82:6, I have said, ye are gods and all of you are children of the most High

so we all are gods (pastor Chris too) and so wats d fuss about, d scripture settles it abeg undecided.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by fuzek: 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2007
We all claim to be Christians and the same bible we read, tells us to live in love and we go about debating ourselves, na wa!!! where is d unity in the body of Christ? Even if anyone MOG/not, does something that we know isn't right why be the Judge of the person? Lets not forget that God is d one that sees in the private and rewards openly---we have no right to come here and debate pastor Chis/any1 4dat matter, afterall we didn't put him there.

If u know any individual personally that worships him, call d person and correct him/her in Love not coming on a public forum and forming most holy, it doesn't work that way. Respect and give Honour to whom honour is due!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by kulaShaker(f): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2007
lmao lol he he he ehe hhahahahahahahahahaha ignorance they say is bliss, denial is folly,

You'l have to tell him that yourself *hissing*
i sure would if i came across him, for now you can pass it on in your next chris oyahkilo self-worship seminar. hisssssssssssss do you think the rest of us are stupid?

''you and your hissing self there!'' is that what they taught you last sunday and if you don't like public opinion go enlist in a wacco commune some where .
laughing awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
the song man in the mirror springs to mind, la la lala lalalalalala tututut lalalalala whistling away bye bye

i am done here sorry i can not promise a response to any more blind chris followers. tara for now kiss
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by fuzek: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2007
Kulashaker, u're very shallow in ur reasoning undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by blackchief(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2007
I don't have much to say on the topic but one thing i can say one the man pastor chris is that he has a way of making the bible so easy to understand. (for me )
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by blackchief(m): 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2007
I don't have much to say on the topic, but one thing i can say one the man pastor chris is that he has a way of making the bible so easy to understand. (for me )
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by donnie(m): 10:17am On Aug 24, 2007
Bless you brother,

And you know that's what some are angry(or should i say envious) about; the gift of God.
Hence they go to any length to find faults.

Cheer up bretheren, the Word Works!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by cgift(m): 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2007
why even bothr to discuss persons when you be looking at his messages.?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by olu4life(m): 12:59am On Jan 14, 2008
To me, i dont see any special thing in me. I noticed dat he is d pastor wit d highest scandal dat av neva heard of includin dat robbery stuff. Is miracle doesnt work, because av seen a witness dat testified to it. Well let me not continue, cos i wil embarass d folowers and am not a judge but why wil a man of God be putin sportin wave relaxer on his hair, our dear folowers pls respond
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by olu4life(m): 1:00am On Jan 14, 2008
To me, i dont see any special thing in me. I noticed dat he is d pastor wit d highest scandal dat av neva heard of includin dat robbery stuff. Is miracle doesnt work, because av seen a witness dat testified to it. Well let me not continue, cos i wil embarass d folowers and am not a judge but why wil a man of God be putin sportin wave relaxer on his hair, our dear folowers pls respond
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by brownbonno(m): 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2008
Proverb 19 V 9

Oh dear my sat Nav just brought me here.
Interestingly nigerians are very good in praise singing,there is no mush ado about him.
I believe there is God some where and was brought up to understand that.
Now pastor Chris,what do you people know about him ?I am sure i know his history from down to his family background as core members of Assemblies of God Church in the old Mid west district and his days in Ekpoma(BLW) and all the bla bla bla.
In the areas of Miracle workings i doubt him 100%,but i do agree that God do work some miracles through him just the same God work miracles for me and every ordinary man that can sincerely ask God for something.I know of 3 families that took autistic children to the Healing School,after spending 6-10 weeks in Lagos,coping with the bully attitudes of the Healing school members at the end of the day a prayer from Pastor chris has not done anything to change the situations of these children.
He is too flamboyant as an ordinary man of God,I personally expected him to help Sunny Okosun(his kinsman) in his medical treatment instead of spending heavy money on his publicity worldwide and drop his expensive life style with body guards.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by 9ja4eva: 11:11pm On Jan 14, 2008
Pastor Wat,
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by oloriooko(m): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2008
Let me give you some lessons Mr know All?
Interestingly nigerians are very good in praise singing,there is no mush ado about him.
I believe you ran out of Nigeria seeking for "greener pasture" in a strange land and yet you can open your mouth to say we like praise singing as if you are not a nigerian, please hang it. Are you in any way different, who's giving you false feeling of belonging to where you are seen as pest!
Your sense of judgment is unreliable and thwarted cos you live in a society where immorality and crazy behaviours are the order of the day, so you have no audacity to tell us that "there is no much ado about him'.
In the areas of Miracle workings i doubt him 100%
How can you have a sound sense of judgment when everything around you fights everything about divinity and miracles, am not surprised.
but i do agree that God do work some miracles through him
You are confused.
coping with the bully attitudes of the Healing school members
Whenever you go to the hospital and spend all your life savings with 'gbese', how nice the nurses can be to you?! angry Now you come to a place where you do not pay a dime but when you are strictly asked to behave in certain manner, you term it 'bully'.
Can you try misbehaving in the presence of a witch doctor but you see God's presence as a place where anything goes?
at the end of the day a prayer from Pastor chris has not done anything to change the situations of these children.
Now Pastor Chris has become the "bad guy" here cos out of many sick folks that came with many going back healed, whose fault is it? From your comment it is clear you need some lessons on "walking by faith".
He is too flamboyant as an ordinary man of God
Is it wrong for a man of God to be rich? Well if you check up the meaning of 'flamboyant', i think it gives a good description of the man of God.
I personally expected him to help Sunny Okosun(his kinsman) in his medical treatment
Your personal opinion is of no relevance here.
If Sunny Okosun desires divine healing, he knows what to do, so do not paint Pastor Chris in bad picture for Sunny's predicament, he is old enough to speak for himself.
instead of spending heavy money on his publicity worldwide and drop his expensive life style with body guards.
It is quite pathetic that you do not know what it takes to preach the Gospel in our day. How can you, when the land you are sojourning lives in pitch black rejecting the light of the Gospel. You are just a replicate of your society.
Not a dime of your money is used in his co called "expensive" life style whereas your hard earned money is being blown away in Iraq everyday, sorry for you ooooooo. The bodyguards are for deviants like you that have no respect for spiritual authority. People who dare tread where angels dread.
So you see that you are only a guy with little or no knowledge of this topic, be very careful how you talk about men of God cos you were never given the responsibility of policing the Church of God.
Learn to seal your lips else you might blame yourself, not a threat but an advise.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by donnie(m): 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2008
chei! ol boy! Some people are really gifted i must say.

Anyways, i think he deservd every bit.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by AKO1(m): 4:28pm On Apr 15, 2008
As anybody who has ever been in Christ Embassy would tell you, you do not need to be a pastor to perform miracles; its a sign that follows the believer

So why do millions still troop to his crusades in search of miracles, including members of Christ Embassy?

Is it wrong for a man of God to be rich?
No, but it is wrong for a MOG to keep bodyguards encircled around him. Shebi we have angels to protect us in, like the amplified bible says, all our ways of service.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by babs787(m): 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2008
Oyakhilome fulfilled Jesus' statement that fake pastors will arise and deceive so many and on that that the fake ones will say Lord, Lord, did we not prophesised/heal in your name and he would tell them that go away from me, you evil doers.

Let me read more tory please cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by cgift(m): 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2008
babs787:

Oyakhilome fulfilled Jesus' statement that fake pastors will arise and deceive so many and on that that the fake ones will say Lord, Lord, did we not prophesised/heal in your name and he would tell them that go away from me, you evil doers.

Let me read more tory please cheesy

What is musing you babs? On what audacity have you come out to call someone an imposter? You surely are a son of your fake prophet MO! We can confidently call MO a fake even right from words of his own mouth in the Qurihan and sayings from the hadiths but not Pastor Chris. You cant tie Pastor Chris with the wordsof his mouth but MO? You will tie MO a million times cos he was just a clever fictionists!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by babs787(m): 7:28pm On Apr 17, 2008
@Cgift

You have my support if you would open a thread and we thread issues about my Prophet rather than trying to divert topic
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Seabe(m): 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2008
Calf

Any one who has his teaching and wants his teaching should holla at me by mail,i got

about

36 messages of pastor Chris on my ipod and am ready to send to those that'll be

interested. . .

I would love to hear some of those messages.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by coolyce: 5:58am On Oct 25, 2008
I would like to get an answer from Pastor Chris mugu followers:

My colleague and I used to travel to work together and my colleague is a Chris Embassy member, he used to play pastor Chris sermons every morning in the car, In one of the preaching, the good pastor is telling people that :"If a woman gives birth to a blind child, it is not God who put that child in the woman's womb".

I was so confused that day and ask my friend if Satan has been given the power to create human beings, Also, Pastor Chris did not read the bible where diciples ask jesus about a baby that come out blind?

I personnaly think that Pastor Chris is just one of those imposters, prosperity love-vendor, people who are deceiving others to get money.

Also talking aout the gift of God, did pastor chris ordened his wife pastor? or she also has a calling from God, Does God allow woman PASTORING? . I am not agains't woman preachers, I am agains't woman pastoring, cause the bible is very clear and no where the bible talks about a woman being a pastor.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by hubreality(m): 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2008
PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME IS NOT JESUS CHRIST AND HAS NEVER CLAIMED TO BE CHRIST. HAVE U EVER LISTENED TO HIS MESSAGES? OR MEET HIM PERSONALLY? I'M ALWAYS SENSIBLE AND CAREFUL ABOUT PEOPLE I HEAR CRITICIZING OTHERS OR TELLING ME ABOUT OTHERS, BELIEVE ME 100% THEY WILL DEFINITELY TELL LIES ABOUT YOU IN YOUR ABSENCE. IT'S A PITY SEEING THESE DOGS RIGHT IN THE CHURCH. THEY TEND TO DEFEND GOD AND CHRISTIANITY, GET INTO THEIR HEARTS YOU WILL SEE THE DEVIL ON THE THRONE, FORGET HOW AND WHAT THEY APPEAR LIKE AND TALK WITH THEIR MOUTH grin shocked smiley ANGELS AT THE STREET, DEVILS AT HOME!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by seyenko(m): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2009
Has he returned the N34M stolen from sheraton or he is still seating on it claiming it is his own. The receiver of stolen goods is also a thief embarassed
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by tamashley(f): 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2009
Beloved,

This is the discovery of the century!!! Okay, okay…that’s exaggerating quite a bit but I am certain you will understand my excitement once you are done reading. I have the pleasure to introduce to you all the Pastor Chris Prophetic Blog!! For more, http://uspeakoutnow./2009/08/19/pastor-chris-oyakhilome-gods-prophet/

God bless you!!
Tammy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen A Live Miracle? / Let Us Be Honest- Life Is Both Meaningless And Purposeless / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.