Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:01 PM

Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? (1552 Views)

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos / Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by TPound(m): 12:51am On Sep 12, 2020
Hi fam...
I'm a full fledged adult in his 40s and overtime, I seem addicted to cartoons. Not the avatar type of cartoons, I'm talking about spongebob squarepants, loudhouse, Dexter's laboratory, powerpuff girls, etc.

At times I feel embarrassed watching it amongst friends who would prefer watching football to it and I don't like watching football.

Could this be a medical condition or I'm perfectly normal?
Please help move to FP before man pikin fumble Ooo

2 Likes

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by matrix199(m): 12:55am On Sep 12, 2020
Forever young, you want to be forever young..........singing.

You're perfectly fine.

I'd rather watch cartoons than movies where the 'actor' uses bow and arrow to kill 100 gun-armed men in 10 minutes.

5 Likes

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by vickydankal(f): 1:04am On Sep 12, 2020
TPound:
Hi fam...
I'm a full fledged adult in his 40s and overtime, I seem addicted to cartoons. Not the avatar type of cartoons, I'm talking about spongebob squarepants, loudhouse, Dexter's laboratory, powerpuff girls, etc.

At times I feel embarrassed watching it amongst friends who would prefer watching football to it and I don't like watching football.

You and my husband are in the same both. I don’t normally watch tv in the living room anymore because the children and my husband had turn there to Disney land. He watches any thing cartoon or animation. It’s no problem though it’s just choice for people who takes life easy.

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by unclemaths(m): 1:43am On Sep 12, 2020
vickydankal:

You and my husband are in the same both. I don’t normally watch tv in the living room anymore because the children and my husband had turn there to Disney land. He watches any thing cartoon or animation. It’s no problem though it’s just choice for people who takes life easy.

Watching cartoon is o.k. but adults should not be addicted to it.

Parents are meant to have a taste of the entertainment being dished out to their children.

However, when an adult starts struggling with the children for remote because of cartoon, please call 911.

3 Likes

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by WoundedLamb: 2:37am On Sep 12, 2020
Lol... Really, this forum has taught me a lot. Now, I know how y'all in Africa seek so much validation. It's never really about what you like but more about how the next person will see you. So, OP, you need Nairalanders to tell you the extent to which you can like cartoons in order to be seen as OK? Who is in charge of what adults should like or not like? Well, since you asked, you can enjoy the program between 10am to 2pm. That's the only time adults are allowed to enjoy it. Enjoy it any other time and it'll cease to be OK. Oh... and please, don't take any soft drink while watching it. That'll be too much for an adult. In fact, you'd lose your adulthood if you try that.

Any other question regarding adulthood?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by TPound(m): 4:39am On Sep 12, 2020
vickydankal:

Thanks...I got worried at a point in time maybe its a psychological or medical issue
Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by TPound(m): 4:42am On Sep 12, 2020
unclemaths:

Watching cartoon is o.k. but adults should not be addicted to it.

Parents are meant to have a taste of the entertainment being dished out to their children.

However, when an adult starts struggling with the children for remote because of cartoon, please call 911.

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by Nobody: 4:52am On Sep 12, 2020
Did OP just say that he doesn't like watching football

And did he also just list his choice of cartoons as Dexter's Lab, PPG and Spongebob Square Pants

Covering my eyes with my hands... sad

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by TPound(m): 5:04am On Sep 12, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Did OP just say that he doesn't like watching football

And did he also just list his choice of cartoons as Dexter's Lab, PPG and Spongebob Square Pants

Covering my eyes with my hands... sad

Must I love football?

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by Nbotee(m): 5:18am On Sep 12, 2020
TPound:

Must I love football?

Must U love cartoons and of all cartoons out there spongebob?? Dexter?? Dats exactly why not living football makes it wholly abnormal
Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by TPound(m): 5:23am On Sep 12, 2020
Nbotee:

Must U love cartoons and of all cartoons out there spongebob?? Dexter?? Dats exactly why not living football makes it wholly abnormal

You don't call what you don't like abnormal... One man's food is another man's poison

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by johnkey: 5:34am On Sep 12, 2020
How can one not like SpongeBob? even at 90 I'll still watch my SpongeBob SquarePants

3 Likes

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by TPound(m): 6:50am On Sep 12, 2020
johnkey:
How can one not like SpongeBob? even at 90 I'll still watch my SpongeBob SquarePants

At least I'm not alone... grin

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 12, 2020
Nothing wrong at all. For me, I am a sucker for console games and will keep on playing till I hit 150 years. Keep enjoying your cartoon. But don't start struggling the TV remote with your kids. wink
Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by TPound(m): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2020
Ninejaywon:
Nothing wrong at all. For me, I am a sucker for console games and will keep on playing till I hit 150 years. Keep enjoying your cartoon. But don't start struggling the TV remote with your kids. wink

I thank God for my life...
My kids have their separate room as mine so everyone in his own lane
Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by mejai(m): 11:15am On Sep 12, 2020
First and foremost, who creates cartoons? Adults!!!
Fire on jare.

See you in cartalk. Just passing. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by TPound(m): 11:34am On Sep 12, 2020
mejai:
First and foremost, who creates cartoons? Adults!!!
Fire on jare.

See you in cartalk. Just passing. grin

Mah gee grin
Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
TPound:
Hi fam...

Nothing do you sir. Bossman please help your boy with at all at all to put something in my mouth. More blessings.
Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by TPound(m): 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2022
I'm still addicted o
Re: Is Watching Cartoons As An Adult Normal Or A Medical Condition? by 2special(m): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2022
TPound:
I'm still addicted o
Mr Fidelity, Thanks for always keeping to your promise and I'm fulfilled transacting business with you.

(1) (Reply)

See How Much They Make: Keke Napep Riders Don't Make N7,000 Daily / Herbs For Healing-receiving God's Healing Through Nature / X - Rayed Of Human Body Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.