Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace (13316 Views)

Islam Is Against Racism Rather Emphasizes, Faith, Piety And Righteousness / Sufi Is A Religion Of Sufi NOT Islam / Why Islam Is A Threat To Global Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Jaqenhghar: 11:19am On Sep 25, 2020
Religion of peace indeed.

38 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Jaqenhghar: 11:21am On Sep 25, 2020
molbic:
Hahahahaha After subjecting me to an oath you tell me you are for peace ,by the way seun is a Muslim ,a tribal and religious bigot and also an NBM member .
Dont blame Seun. He knows what may happen when dealing with them.
He is NBM? shocked

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by ofwest47(m): 11:32am On Sep 25, 2020
Yes , Islam is a Is a way of life.

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by DeusXmachina: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2020
You all know that the use of the word peace here is fallacious.

Peace in that the root word for the name of the religion is from the Arabic Salam.

And peace in that you can find peace in the total submission to Allah.

But the ideology is far from peaceful and to say Islam is a religion of peace to be deliberately ignorant of its history.

An example of a religion of peace is Jainism. Where the most extreme practitioners of the faith become the least harmful people in the world.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Smeagol89: 11:35am On Sep 25, 2020
Life In The Muslim Heaven.
The Quran, said to be a revelation of Allah, says there are going to be a lot of marriages and sex in heaven (Surah 56:10-22, 35-38). The book talks of a lot of virgins which no persons or angels have deflowered. They are 'pure spouses' (Surah 3:15) and 'wide-eyed houris' (Surah 55:56; Surah 37:48; Surah 44:50-55). It promises companions with
beautiful big and lustrous eyes (Surah 52:20). One Hadith says: "The lowliest of the inhabitants of paradise will be he who has eighty thousand servants, seventy-two wives..." (Mishkat al Masabih, Sh. M. Ashraf (1990) p.1204). Lest anyone should spiritualize this, Anas reported the Prophet as saying: "In paradise the believer will be given
such power to conduct sexual intercourse". (Ibid. p.1200) No wonder Allah says his followers can multiply wives here on earth. We don't know whether he intends that polygamy here is to serve as a training ground for the Great Beyond. We may profit from a brief flashback into the life of Mohammed, the prophet himself. Varying figures have been given in the Traditions as to the number of Mohammed's wives. Some say 27; some 29; some say 9; some 11 and some, 13. The problem is that there were so many of them, and new ones were acquired after nearly every war fought by his army. Later these women were kept in purdah. It is difficult for a biographer to give a precise and indisputable figure for the wives of the prophet of Islam. The wives we can specifically mention are: Aisha (Ayesha), Hafsa, Safia, Sawda, Um Salama, Zainab, Mariam, IJmmu Habiba, Maymuna, Raihana, Juwayriyya and Safiyya. Ali Dashti gave more names. The Quran itself gives us an idea about the scope of the privileges of women that Mohammed enjoyed in his time. In Surah 33:50, we read: "O Prophet (Mohammed)! Verily! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers (Mahr); and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom God has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy
maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Mecca) with thee, and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to marry her; this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large)."

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by FIRDAUS3(m): 11:39am On Sep 25, 2020
He is the Beneficient Allaah, we believe in Him, and on Him do we rely.
Alhamdulilah Robil Ahlameen.
I am a Conscious Muslim.
May the Peace and Blessing of Allaah be on our noble prophet Muhammad ( Sallalahu Alae Wa salam)

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Smeagol89: 11:52am On Sep 25, 2020
For Islam, peace or 'salaam' is not achieved until Islam has swallowed the nation. Peace means total
eradication of enemies. It means subjugating, killing or swallowing all non-conformists. Nobody should therefore ever imagine 'giving peace a chance' in a nation with a significant number of Muslims. Late in 1989, key Muslim leaders from all over Africa gathered in Nigeria. One of the resolutions was to establish 'The Islam in Africa Organisation' (IAO). The IAO was founded, and Nigeria was made its 'permanent headquarters'. Members concluded: "We are ready to go any length to get Sharia established in this country whether we are alive or dead.
In 1991 and 1992 there were three more riots by Muslims in Katsina, Bauchi and Kano during which thousands lost their lives. In Bauchi, the immediate cause was the sale of roasted pork or suya by a Christian, in Tafawa Balewa, a Christian area, which a Muslim bought and allegedly ate. The meat seller was killed for 'tempting' the Muslim. Hundreds of souls from both sides died in the riots that followed. In Kano, the Muslims were rioting to protest against a proposed Christian evangelistic programme by a German preacher, Reinhard Bonnke. Many unprintable atrocities were reported. Two members of the Nigerian publishers of this book went to Kano immediately after the riot. One of the stories making its rounds in the city then was that of a pregnant woman whom some Jihadists reportedly dragged out of an hospital, slashed her womb with a dagger and flung out 'the infidel thing inside her'. A team of The Nigerian Newswatch magazine who went to cover the butchery wrote that it would be against decency to publish some of the pictures they took in Kano. It seems we easily forget history, and by that we can put our generation and our posterity in danger. The ECWA Church, Tundun Wada, in Kaduna, whom Muslims burnt to death together with his church during the 1987 riots. This church was rebuilt at the cost of N500,000. In May 1992 Muslims burnt the church again. There was a Christian play going on in the church that evening. A band of Muslims just came, surrounded it and set the church on fire, killing at least 20 people inside. The assistant secretary, Musa Bakut, was not there; but the Muslims went to look for him in his house and slaughtered him and his son, burnt his car and left his wife half dead. They decided not to finish her because they suddenly remembered that Allah says they should not kill women or little children. All this was during the Zango kataf Kaduna riots, which we are repeatedly told — had nothing to do with religion. the atrocities perpetrated in Nigeria by Muslims since the Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad in
1804. Yet such horrors must never be taken as extremism. violence in Islam is both a doctrine and a person. Try to find a genuine committed Muslim who is peaceful and gentle, and you may soon discover that if you press a button in his life, his real nature will manifest.[b][/b]

61 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by joelsteron: 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
Realismailakabir:
In Arabic, Islām (Arabic: ﺇﺳﻼﻡ ) is the verbal noun originating from the triliteral root S-L-M, which forms a large class of words mostly relating to concepts of wholeness, submission, sincerity, safeness, and peace.

Islam is the complete and universal version of a primordial faith that was revealed many times before through prophets, including Noah , Abraham , Moses , and Jesus.

SUBMISSION
Your best source for Submission in (Islam) is "No other god besides Allah and Muhammad is his Messanger"
this sentence has a lot of credendum or credenda i.e I will seek no assistance except from Allah, i will rely not except on Allah, i will Worship not except Him, i will i would'nt do anything except because of Allah and etc... this is total submission.
[6:72]
"... and we are commanded to submit to the Lord of the worlds"

[6:79]
"For me, I have set my face, firmly and truly, towards Him (in submission to his will) Who created the heavens and the earth, and never shall I give partners to Allah."

PEACE
This Peace also has alot of meanings also i.e PEACE of mind (knowing that Allah is in control of everything bad or good ) PEACE of Consideration: infact Islam consider every muslim to the extent that you may not fast on Ramadan because you have a Travel. PEACE of hope: Knowing that the suffering here on earth is limited gives you hope. (no wonder muslims hardly commit suicide because of depression) PEACE of oneness: did you know that i may travel to india today and not pay for hotel? Yes it is possible i may pray, sleep in any Mosque. We are big one family. And Et cetera.

[Surah Al-Baqarah:112
“No, whosoever surrenders himself to Allah (in submission) while doing good, he will have his reward with his Lord. There will be no fear over them, nor will they grieve”

Quran (2:208) : O You who believe! Enter absolutely into peace
[Islam]

(6:108)
And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides
Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge...

The beloved Prophet said SAW
"You will not enter Paradise until you
believe, and you will not believe until you love each other... spread the peace among each other"

Jami at-Tirmidhi 1854: "O Mankind, spread peace and feed people..."

By Ismaila Kabir Al-salafy

Go and tell this to a man who DAILY converts Muslims to Christianity, I challenge any Muslim. his name is "Christian Prince" and his YouTube channel title is "The Arabian Prophet".
If you're a bold and intelligent Muslim you are welcomed to debate CP on Skype - DebateTV. he's just a call away.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Farki: 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2020
DeusXmachina:
You all know that the use of the word peace here is fallacious.

Peace in that the root word for the name of the religion is from the Arabic Salam.

And peace in that you can find peace in the total submission to Allah.

But the ideology is far from peaceful and to say Islam is a religion of peace to be deliberately ignorant of its history.

An example of a religion of peace is Jainism. Where the most extreme practitioners of the faith become the least harmful people in the world.

Don't worry soon the mods will remove your comment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by abbassani23(m): 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
ALHAMDULILLAH. All praises and thanks are to ALLAH for d unmarched blessing of islam

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Moneyboyz: 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2020
Say that to those who have lost their lives to your fuçkïng religion of piss you prick.

26 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by DeusXmachina: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2020
Farki:

Don't worry soon the mods will remove your comment.
Considering I didn't break the rules, I don't insult nor attack anyone.

That will only further show the nature of ideology. Which can't take criticism and scrutiny which seeks to censor anyone that gives an uncomfortable fact and opinion.

And nothing I mentioned is false, if it is you are free to correct me with a rebuttal.

14 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Franklyspeakin: 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2020
Wow very apt representation. Instead of forcing peace down our throat. I would advice a change in your ways.
Smeagol89:
As Islam was practised by Mohammed, so it is today. No extremism. In fact, there is less carnage today than then. This is obviously because there are civil and criminal laws and orders that handicap any savage behaviour in the name of religion. Nigeria has seen practical Islam; and there are too many cases for us to cite. We shall recall only a few of the more recent ones. We remember the 1980 Maitatsine Islamic uproar in Kano during which 4,177 people were officially reported as slaughtered with property worth millions of dollars destroyed. Two years later, on October 30, 1982, eight big Churches were burnt in Kano. That same year the Muslims struck in Kaduna and 400 people were officially reported as killed. In October of the same year, members of the Muslim Students Society (MSS) struck in Sabon Gari in Kano and killed two people. Many of the killings were not just of Christians but also of the people of different sects in the same religion of Islam. In 1984, Muslims in Yola and Jimeta went berserk and killed 700 including policemen, and
5,913 people were rendered homeless. They also besieged Gombe and more than 100 people were killed.12 On May 3,1986, the Muslim students of the then University of Sokoto went on a rampage attacking
other students with dangerous weapons. While these Muslim students were still boiling in Sokoto, their counterparts in Ibadan were setting fire to the sculpture of Jesus in the Chapel of the Resurrection at the University of Ibadan. The following year, March 6, 1987, at the College of Education, Kafanchan in Kaduna State, Muslims went on a rampage they expected would spread to the South. This engulfed Kafanchan itself, Kaduna and Zaria. Of all the 150 churches in Zaria alone, only one
escaped being burnt down in three days of Jihad in that town. Many Christians were slain in cold blood while some were burnt alive. Many houses belonging to Christians and cars with Christian stickers were burnt in those cities. This writer was in Kaduna and Zaria to see things for himself. The immediate cause of the riot: A female Muslim student
of the college accused Revelation Abubakar Bako, a former Muslim, of 'misinterpreting' the Quran, in his preaching. No non-Muslim must quote from the Quran, even though a Muslim can quote from the Bible. For them, a person who is not a Muslim cannot understand what the Quran says on any issue. During this crisis, the Chaplain of the Ahmadu
Bello University, Kongo Campus, Dr. Ben Oruma, the man whose ministry in the Chapel has helped in depopulating the Muslim students in the university, was one of their main targets of assassination during this riot. From his house, he was pursued for several miles. Finally, they got him, slashed his body with knives; matcheted and clobbered him. "They thought they had finished me," said Dr. Oruma, "And as they were going, I faintly heard them chanting 'Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar'" i.e. Allah is greater, Allah is greater... that is, for handing over his enemy
into their hands.

History never forget, Islam is never a religion of peace, even as an atheist, I still prefer Buda than Islam

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Franklyspeakin: 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2020
Wow very apt
Smeagol89:
For Islam, peace or 'salaam' is not achieved until Islam has swallowed the nation. Peace means total
eradication of enemies. It means subjugating, killing or swallowing all non-conformists. Nobody should therefore ever imagine 'giving peace a chance' in a nation with a significant number of Muslims. Late in 1989, key Muslim leaders from all over Africa gathered in Nigeria. One of the resolutions was to establish 'The Islam in Africa Organisation' (IAO). The IAO was founded, and Nigeria was made its 'permanent headquarters'. Members concluded: "We are ready to go any length to get Sharia established in this country whether we are alive or dead.
In 1991 and 1992 there were three more riots by Muslims in Katsina, Bauchi and Kano during which thousands lost their lives. In Bauchi, the immediate cause was the sale of roasted pork or suya by a Christian, in Tafawa Balewa, a Christian area, which a Muslim bought and allegedly ate. The meat seller was killed for 'tempting' the Muslim. Hundreds of souls from both sides died in the riots that followed. In Kano, the Muslims were rioting to protest against a proposed Christian evangelistic programme by a German preacher, Reinhard Bonnke. Many unprintable atrocities were reported. Two members of the Nigerian publishers of this book went to Kano immediately after the riot. One of the stories making its rounds in the city then was that of a pregnant woman whom some Jihadists reportedly dragged out of an hospital, slashed her womb with a dagger and flung out 'the infidel thing inside her'. A team of The Nigerian Newswatch magazine who went to cover the butchery wrote that it would be against decency to publish some of the pictures they took in Kano. It seems we easily forget history, and by that we can put our generation and our posterity in danger. The ECWA Church, Tundun Wada, in Kaduna, whom Muslims burnt to death together with his church during the 1987 riots. This church was rebuilt at the cost of N500,000. In May 1992 Muslims burnt the church again. There was a Christian play going on in the church that evening. A band of Muslims just came, surrounded it and set the church on fire, killing at least 20 people inside. The assistant secretary, Musa Bakut, was not there; but the Muslims went to look for him in his house and slaughtered him and his son, burnt his car and left his wife half dead. They decided not to finish her because they suddenly remembered that Allah says they should not kill women or little children. All this was during the Zango kataf Kaduna riots, which we are repeatedly told — had nothing to do with religion. the atrocities perpetrated in Nigeria by Muslims since the Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad in
1804. Yet such horrors must never be taken as extremism. violence in Islam is both a doctrine and a person. Try to find a genuine committed Muslim who is peaceful and gentle, and you may soon discover that if you press a button in his life, his real nature will manifest.[b][/b]

3 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by godello: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2020
Religion of peace indeed, and your minions go about bombing in the name of religion. Spit...

14 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by SIONKPO1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
Funny thread,they said Islam is peace but fights for their allah

20 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by jimmynauty: 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2020

Islam is the complete and universal version of a primordial faith that was revealed many times before through prophets, including Noah , Abraham , Moses , and Jesus.

Noah , Abraham , Moses pointed to >>>> Jesus.

8 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by jimmynauty: 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2020
insecure dudes grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by thoniann(m): 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Which Religion of Piss? Abeg talk anoda thing jor. Nonsense idiots.

16 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Kakamorufu(m): 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2020
These people are not just reliigious tolerant. What are they looking for here. Let the table turn around and they be crying foul up and down

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Kingbuhari(m): 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
Shakau, Osama bin laden, Afghanistan Talibans, and the rest of them are Hindus abi Make unah keep Deceiving unah selves

17 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Chris2863(m): 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2020
Na so. We know the real gist already

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Farid24224(m): 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2020
Realismailakabir:
In Arabic, Islām (Arabic: ﺇﺳﻼﻡ ) is the verbal noun originating from the triliteral root S-L-M, which forms a large class of words mostly relating to concepts of wholeness, submission, sincerity, safeness, and peace.

SUBMISSION
Your best source for Submission in (Islam) is "No other god besides Allah and Muhammad is his Messanger"
this sentence has a lot of credendum or credenda i.e I will seek no assistance except from Allah, i will rely not except on Allah, i will Worship not except Him, i will i would'nt do anything except because of Allah and etc... this is total submission.
[6:72]
"... and we are commanded to submit to the Lord of the worlds"

[6:79]
"For me, I have set my face, firmly and truly, towards Him (in submission to his will) Who created the heavens and the earth, and never shall I give partners to Allah."

PEACE
This Peace also has alot of meanings also i.e PEACE of mind (knowing that Allah is in control of everything bad or good ) PEACE of Consideration: infact Islam consider every muslim to the extent that you may not fast on Ramadan because you have a Travel. PEACE of hope: Knowing that the suffering here on earth is limited gives you hope. (no wonder muslims hardly commit suicide because of depression) PEACE of oneness: did you know that i may travel to india today and not pay for hotel? Yes it is possible i may pray, sleep in any Mosque. We are big one family. And Et cetera.

[Surah Al-Baqarah:112
“No, whosoever surrenders himself to Allah (in submission) while doing good, he will have his reward with his Lord. There will be no fear over them, nor will they grieve”

Quran (2:208) : O You who believe! Enter absolutely into peace
[Islam]

(6:108)
And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides
Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge...

The beloved Prophet said SAW
"You will not enter Paradise until you
believe, and you will not believe until you love each other... spread the peace among each other"

Jami at-Tirmidhi 1854: "O Mankind, spread peace and feed people..."

By Ismaila Kabir Al-salafy
Allahu Akbar
Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Omo ... Na who clear this thread like this
The thing shock me I swear. gringrin

10 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 25, 2020
FIRDAUS3:

You cannot escape it naa. Allaah will Surely catch you.

And when Allaah catches you, you're doomed.
Allah that is in a spiritual cage your Muhammed that has mental problem and pedophile spirit will catch ☝️me cheesy grin grin ko Allah(S.W.T)
A.K.A Allah (SEE.WE.TERRORISTS) grin grin✴️✴️ Your Illiterate Allah that only understands Arabic and Sends a Pedophile as a Prophet grin as a messenger you are just as Stupid as Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) AKA Mohammed (PLEASE BE USELESS AS HELL)

⭕How Will a Man serve A God that only understands Arabic?
ANSWER: lack of common Sense ☺️ grin

⭕How will a man listen to a prophet that had up to twelve wives and tells you you can only marry four?
ANSWER: Lack of common Sense lipsrsealed ☺️ grin grin grin cheesy shocked

IslamSucks Loves❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ You♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️☺️☺️☺️♥️♥️❤️✴️☺️⛪⛪⛪⭕⭕⭕⭐✌️

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Comedian2019: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2020
All those terrorists are from what religion if I may ask?

4 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2020
DeusXmachina:

Considering I didn't break the rules, I don't insult nor attack anyone.

That will only further show the nature of ideology. Which can't take criticism and scrutiny which seeks to censor anyone that gives an uncomfortable fact and opinion.

And nothing I mentioned is false, if it is you are free to correct me with a rebuttal.
They will still remove it.
Re: Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace by Solorrman3310: 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2020
Smeagol89:
1804. Yet such horrors must never be taken as extremism. violence in Islam is both a doctrine and a person. Try to find a genuine committed Muslim who is peaceful and gentle, and you may soon discover that if you press a button in his life, his real nature will manifest.[b][/b] the question here is why would u press his high button if indeed u claimed he is peace loving somebody ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? / For He Who's Contemplating Suicide Or She Who Thinks Life Is Too Difficult. / Why I Propagate Islam - Funlola Aofiyebi Raimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.