Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' (45343 Views)

A Review Of Davido's "A Better Time" Album By Iamsynord / Doc Rich Reacts To Burna Boy's Monsters You Made (Video) / Burna Boy - Monsters You Made (download Video Mp4) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 13, 2020
paulolee:
both are trash, google any j cole or passenger lyrics and you would see reasons with me..
modified...same people dt are quoting me, sayin am talking down on my country musicians because i choose not to listen to mediocre musics all have European clubs they do support and av never been in any of our stadium to watch local football....hypocrites..

i got j cole's albums..lit,
neigbours
atm
they all dope
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 1:17am On Sep 13, 2020
Most Nigerians are jobless.... Comparing light and darkness
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Moneyboyz: 2:09am On Sep 13, 2020
So what exactly does David lyrics teach us cause I'm not understanding.
I'm not really a fan of 9ja music's cause its mostly rubbish but the Burnaboy lyrics sounds better.
Think it has to do with oppression of the masses or some shït.

Either ways the op should focus on more serious matters, no wonder one heardsman called you all Lazy.
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by KennedyOkpara(m): 2:50am On Sep 13, 2020
Remember Davudo had to use YouTube ad to promote the "fem" song
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by BENEAMATA: 3:18am On Sep 13, 2020
That one whose every action screams total lack of home training can suck it . The one with the " para for me " refrain may be responding to the " aiye 'n para oh " olamide muttered in the " won ma though " song (the very last words ) .heard something about what inspired the track by olamide . . . . .
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by ehinmowo: 3:50am On Sep 13, 2020
Faller:
whatever you find yourself doing, do it well...
if you want to sing rubbish sing it in a manner that people will enjoy......
if you want to sing meaningful songs, sing it in a manner that people will enjoy......

both artistes are great...no need to draw comparison...those of you mocking davido...just think about it...after he makes money from his music that you call trash...you will still go to his page to ask for giveaway...and he still gives some of you....

It's what you do with what you have that counts......both artistes are using what they have well.... think of people like blackface and idowest...with all the support. them still no blow.....

Oga this so off point. Nobody is saying Davido is not great. We are in generation where stupidity "blow" more than sensible things.

Doing giveaways is his own way of staying relevant online and he is not doing anybody favors. Personally, I don't have time to listen to music much less yeye one.

We are talking about lyrics here. It makes sense to compare since they are both contemporaries. While Davido's song is addressing boozing and clubbing gang, Burna Boy is addressing some core anomalies in the society. He is stepping into the shoes of legends. Compare Shina Peters to Fella. While Shina Peters' songs were addressing boozing and flexing gang, Fella was addressing core issues. That's what legends do. That extends to Bob Marley. This folks did not only affected their generations, their names, like Ojukwu's manhood, live on!

4 Likes

Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Kaymaxine(m): 4:42am On Sep 13, 2020
Some people can be unnecessarily stupid sha!!!
Someone is talking about liberation, one is saying fem, which one make sense pass
Burna has collaborated with many of UK's finest... Ed sheeran, stormzy and Sam smith!!!
That shows you the quality of his lyrics and songs
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by nick50(m): 6:15am On Sep 13, 2020
paulolee:
both are trash, google any j cole or passenger lyrics and you would see reasons with me..
modified...same people dt are quoting me, sayin am talking down on my country musicians because i choose not to listen to mediocre musics all have European clubs they do support and av never been in any of our stadium to watch local football....hypocrites..
u are a fool.. see ur brother is singing about ur liberation from ur colonial masters and u are here supporting the same colonial masters(j Cole) now I see u are one of the idiots that gave us this disaster of a president

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by franugo(m): 6:44am On Sep 13, 2020
babaify:
it's Burnaboy "Way too big" vs Davido "fem"

not "monster you made"

Way too big is also way too big for fem tho....truth is davido, i like some of his songs n no offence to him, regularly drops baseless and message-less songs for fans. See dt fem song, if it was an upcoming artiste dt did that shii, nigga wouldn't get up to 1,000 views. That song is 12/10 on d scale of wackiness.
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 13, 2020
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by IghravweIG(m): 7:07am On Sep 13, 2020
This is an unfair comparisms no cap.

We all know Burna boy is versatile, sings songs with messages inclined. Davido on the other hand does a fusion of party and afro jamz. His kind of songs are more melodies with little content but that's his craft.
Davido is a boss in his own craft and so is Buena boy, stop the unparalled comparison.
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Gordonz07(m): 7:10am On Sep 13, 2020
Why the comparison? No message passed in FEM. A lot of messages passed in Monsters you made. I go with Burna. He made too much sense.
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 13, 2020
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Bahamas95(m): 7:26am On Sep 13, 2020
If you wanna go by lyrical content Monsters you made killed it, nice one from Burna Boy. He is obviously the best African artiste presently. Any other artiste comes a distant second.

But the thing is that I just love listening to Davido, I am his big fan. I love the vibes in his songs.
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Omolomo4eva(m): 7:28am On Sep 13, 2020
Minjim:

Take it easy with the Grammy
Lol
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by AlwaysMotun: 7:44am On Sep 13, 2020
I have not even bothered myself listening to that fem song cause I will always go with the monster you made... Op, you even made it simple by bringing out the lyrics... Oma se ooo... Oma Burna n je eyan!
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 13, 2020
davido be doing the same thing wey dey vex dem.
he better be ready to delete his twitter account when burna collect grammy
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by AlwaysMotun: 7:47am On Sep 13, 2020
Faller:

You are 100 percent right.... This is what people don't understand.... I would rather sing nonsense and have money to take care of my family than addressing Nigeria's issues in my song.... Nigerians are not ready to be saved yet.... If Buhari contest for third election... Nigerians will still vote him in... And you said I should come and kill myself

So when you finish making money, how will you spend it in a country that is not balance? Maybe you have 2 passport just like Davido... This is the reason we all still have Fela in our memories, they prefer to fight the Govt.
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by toby2(m): 7:49am On Sep 13, 2020
paulolee:
Falz the Bahd guy has more lyrics than this guys could ever imagine... I just don't understand why we celebrate rubbish that has beat.
Even Simi has better lyrics
2face nko
these guys just wake up and just do pangolo music for us all to swallow. thank God I don't listen to such sha...

listen to Moral Instruction, or 27... and thank me later
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Obason22(m): 7:54am On Sep 13, 2020
I'm not a fan of any of d two, but my point is that BURNA BOY remain number one here. don't dare to compare the two abeg.
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by jayjaycee0: 8:26am On Sep 13, 2020
dulux07:
How dare you compare the 2.
Burnaboy is way better.
Fem can not even stand with any song in burna's album. undecided

Truth is many of us in nigeria are bandwagonners... Fem by davido is bigger than the whole of Burna boys new album
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by pseudonomer: 8:31am On Sep 13, 2020
paulolee:

It's obvious you can't deep the message in the lyrics, and even the video is classic. How can you claim to like JCole and not like this Burna Boy song.
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2020
paulolee:
Monster you made is thrash? You're still sleeping bro. The awoken ones understand the lyrics. It's just too above your scope.
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Autotech312(m): 8:46am On Sep 13, 2020
remi1444:
Young man the comparison was clearly stated, why do you have to import something different into this topic?

be careful this evening.

Guy' e no reach fight na.

Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Tolase1999(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2020
paulolee:
you can't rap on the life u never lived, bring j cole to naija, he won't delivered more than burna, you must be hyprocrite if u dnt see msg in burna "monstar u made, real life and bank on it and co". he over versality dan j cole, u can dance to burna music but not j cole.
mind you am also j cole fans but dnt discredit burna music. live in USA rap USA, live in 9ja talks 9ja, music is not friction
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by dulux07(m): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2020
jayjaycee0:

Truth is many of us in nigeria are bandwagonners... Fem by davido is bigger than the whole of Burna boys new album
Continue deceiving yourself with sentiments, it is audible to deaf and visible to the blind. It is no contest.
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by jayjaycee0: 8:54am On Sep 13, 2020
dulux07:

Continue deceiving yourself with sentiments, it is audible to deaf and visible to the blind. It is no contest.

You guys should open your eyes, it is good to like burna boy, but comparing both songs, rendition and lyrically David topped him so much.

Fem will be the biggest song till the year end.

That song penetrated my soul and mental
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Madakiss666(m): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2020
Don't compare because lyrically and musically burna boy delivered. Message and content wise burna boy still has it. Poetic lines and creativity... still him. Burna boy might have the tout look but his song and lyrics represent light and hope unlike the confraternity title and pride lyrics
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by DaInferno(m): 9:21am On Sep 13, 2020
paulolee:
music is music

last night, after Arsenals win, it was "Anybody" by Burna they where vibing to, not j.cole.
nobody is trash, just kings and queens in there lanes. it's all bout good music u can vibe to
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by NAMAS(m): 9:54am On Sep 13, 2020
The difference is clear!
Burna is King!!
Re: Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' by Binhamid(m): 10:18am On Sep 13, 2020
paulolee:

If you think monsters you made is mediocre, that means your ear drum is faulty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category / Download Music: Juice WRLD - Hear Me Calling Full Song / Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.