Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass (43243 Views)

United States Investors Coming To Lekki Free Trade Zone: US Consul General / Before BVAS, Some People Write Election Results - Governor Inuwa Yahaya / Lagos Free Zone: US Mission In Nigeria To Facilitate Increased Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2020
wizzakosh:
[s][/s]Are you normal. Seems you think we are in the olden days. The okun will join yorubas with all their lands, same as Kwara. Go and ask bakasi the rightful owner comeroon got it from Nigeria. Stop thinking like small baby. No one will take any northern land, but the ones that belongs to them will be given to them. That is the fact.
I'm not small boy. Anyway let's see if bill can even scale first reading. It's ridiculous, based on ethnics reason which has no basis to have NASS attention. Nigerian geographical region are not divided based on ethnicity if it's done based on that dozens of regions and states would soon be created. Only those from multi-tribal states will understand this. None of Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba has less than 30 tribal groups so what do u expect from them?
There are many Igbos in SS, do u want them to send the same bill?
If u say yes, this means we'll be a jokeas a nation doing things like school kids, we can't contain our diversity!
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by middlebelter(m): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

I feel your pain, but know this the guy has no grudges with okun people, he was returning the south west yorubas favour.
Me personally, I believe any group has the right to identify with people of common ideology and culture

It is misplaced "favour". The fact is that perspective about the Yorubas is wrong. It is not impossible to see one or two exceptions with that type of mindset, to even on this platform, the truth is majority of Yorubas are accommodating and accept people with varies opinion and religion. It is just like saying the Igbos are proud and selfish just because of few people with such attribute from SE forgetting that some of the most hardworking and loving people are from SE.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
myobjective:

The Hausa-Fulani has no inch of land south of River Niger and the River at Jeba and Lokoja is the boundary of Yorubaland. Trust me no inch of Yorubaland will be lost to marauders in the event that Nigeria disintegrates.
We don't damn care. Face reality when things like this start u'll know those with the mightiest power!
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

Spoken like a true Northerner. I miss this attitude
My lineage form a true Northernern Nigerian heritage from Fulani father born by Kanuri mother and speak Hausa language.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by myobjective: 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

Try to convince someone that has not been to Kwara. The yorubas in Kwara try to project offa as the second biggest city in Kwara but those that have been there knows better, after visiting all of them I realized that Lafiagi is actually the second biggest just that Nupe people don't like to make noice, they prefer action. And saying that yoruba is spoken in all the Local governments, you made me laugh big time. Yoruba is not even used in tsaragi that shares boundary with share talk more of the entire local governments including the almighty Lafiagi that Nupe don't joke with.
The only thing I give to the yoruba kwarans is that they are more educated than there Nupe counterparts, but when it comes to influence, don't underestimate the Nupe influence because an average Nupe man cares less of what he can gain from the Yorubas but the Yorubas depend on the Nupe for food which is a primary necessity, now tell me who needs to learn and speak the other's language

Influential my foot.
The governor is a Yoruba, deputy governor a Yoruba, chief of staff Yoruba, two out of the three senators Yoruba... Do you want more?

The major businessmen are Yorubas, captains of industries are Yorubas, most of the educated elite in Kwara are Yorubas. What else do you want the Yorubas to do?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Sammy07: 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

Yes I am IGBO and I have been to kwara, but can the latter be said about you?
Everything in life is not deliberated based on assumptions. Travel and see.
It's a shame that an Igbo man from far away igboland has been to kwara but a Yoruba man that it's in her backyard still describe the place based on assumptions

I dey kwara, Offa to be precise.
tell me any part of kwara that speaks Hausa

3 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
Coronabirus:
My lineage form a true Northernern Nigerian heritage from Fulani father born by Kanuri mother and speak Hausa language.
The fulani most times have a common attitude and approach on things like this. I can see my best friends reasoning in you, that's why I said I miss the attitude

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Vanzcharles(m): 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

No intelligence at all in your post.

So in your map SS exist, NC exist..whack logic

Yoruba is west and not south. No places yoruba in south.

Geography won't change because you are trying to prove a weak logic.

There are lot of intelligence you can draw out only that your myopic mindset has limited you to unarguably unreasonable pronouncements.

I only stated how it is in the six geopolitical zones which Nigeria is divided into. Saying there is no entity that should exist as just east of Nigeria. Since we have both NorthEast and South East. If an entity should exist as Eastern Nigeria, which part if Nigeria, should bear it as eastern Nigeria. Is it the south or North.

Aside that, I am never of the believe of the six geopolitical zones. If you want to go by the map Igbo tribe is never an Eastern tribe. It us more of southern. The old eastern region of Nigeria was comprised of Akwa/Cross river.
The whole eastern region as you claim exist is not feasible. The Igbo tribe is enveloped in other tribes which is named south south.

You cannot even make a constructive claim to back up your idea. I just schooled you in your claim. Nigeria is divided into six geopolitical zones. The claim of south, eastern, northern Nigeria was borne out as a result of differences in our languages. Which is in no relation to our geographical position.

Yoruba is of Southern Nigeria is just clear that you are the one with a whack ideology. Northern Nigeria is the upper part of Nigeria. Southern Nigeria is the lower part of Nigeria. That is the only logical explanation of your geographic bearing.

So in the south it is divided. It is welcome to say a Yoruba man is from the southern part of Nigeria. That is why it is South Western.

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by myobjective: 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
Coronabirus:

We don't damn care. Face reality when things like this start u'll know those with the mightiest power!

Go to Ilorin and claim an inch of land and see if you live to tell the tales. I was born and bred in the core north, which means I know you all inside out.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by GarangDeMabior: 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
Sammy07:

That is not the argument.

They are north bound by common interest. the rest is secondary.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Sammy07: 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

If I've not been to Kwara, I would have swallowed some lies here that kwara is a Yoruba state. Only those that has been there knows the boundary between share and tsaragi

kwara is a Yoruba state only 4lgs out of 16 doesn't speak Yoruba
I'm even there currently
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by geosegun(m): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

You are from kwara and you say yoruba make up 80%. Guy hmmm. How come Gbugbu market is the biggest market?
As for population, I can't say much on that one but land mass wise, Nupe controls more than 65%

What's Gbugbu market? Did you know where the Nupes are and how many LG they occupied in the state?

Can you please list all the 16 local govt in Kwara state and tell me how many belongs to Nupe? You are obviously ignorant of the reality and should keep quiet especially when you are not an indigen of the place.

How can you use gbugbu market (I don't care where it is located) to judge the make of a whole state? Can you say because Igbo dominate Alaba International market, then the Igbos controls/ own Lagos. Doest that make sense?

Young man, be careful of how you address people on NL. Not everyone is a guy.

NB: I am from Ilorin south LG, I did my Primary and Secondary school there and partly my university education. So I know what I am talking about. Be rightly informed and thank me later.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by shobroy10(m): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

Try to convince someone that has not been to Kwara. The yorubas in Kwara try to project offa as the second biggest city in Kwara but those that have been there knows better, after visiting all of them I realized that Lafiagi is actually the second biggest just that Nupe people don't like to make noice, they prefer action. And saying that yoruba is spoken in all the Local governments, you made me laugh big time. Yoruba is not even used in tsaragi that shares boundary with share talk more of the entire local governments including the almighty Lafiagi that Nupe don't joke with.
The only thing I give to the yoruba kwarans is that they are more educated than there Nupe counterparts, but when it comes to influence, don't underestimate the Nupe influence because an average Nupe man cares less of what he can gain from the yorubas but the yorubas depend on the Nupe for food which is a primary necessity, now tell me who needs to learn and speak the others language
Guy abeg stop all this uve been saying since u are just saying nonsense if someone from OFFA catch u with all this trash uve been typing ur life will not remain d same. U can say alot of rubbish about kwara but remember don't mention hausa or North in the same sentence with Offa u are committing atrocity be warned. If u like say patigi hold the state Capital na u know that one. IGNORAMUS

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Sammy07: 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

That is not the argument.
They are north not bound by common interest. the rest is secondary.
Well, state creation caused it
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
Sammy07:

God of mercy, even you from offa don't know fulani lives with Nupe and the language they communicate with is Hausa and Nupe. Some Hausa are even permanent residents in Nupe villages and one thing about the Hausa residents in Nupe villages is that them and their kids speak Hausa, the Fulanis also speak Hausa with their language.
Guy travel more around your state
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by GarangDeMabior: 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
Vanzcharles:

There are lot of intelligence you can draw out only that your myopic mindset has limited you to unarguably unreasonable pronouncements.

I only stated how it is in the six geopolitical zones which Nigeria is divided into. Saying there is no entity that should exist as just east of Nigeria. Since we have both NorthEast and South East. If an entity should exist as Eastern Nigeria, which part if Nigeria, should bear it as eastern Nigeria. Is it the south or North.

Aside that, I am never of the believe of the six geopolitical zones. If you want to go by the map Igbo tribe is never an Eastern tribe. It us more of southern. The old eastern region of Nigeria was comprised of Akwa/Cross river.
The whole eastern region as you claim exist is not feasible. The Igbo tribe is enveloped in other tribes which is named south south.

You cannot even make a constructive claim to back up tour idea. I just schooled you in your claim. Nigeria is divided into six geopolitical zones. The claim of south, eastern, northern Nigeria was borne out as a result of differences in our languages. Which is in no relation to our geographical position.

In your shallow argument you are just taking me back and forth. I never said anything about east. your imagination did.

your argument is not in line with today but beating about old acronyms used as of old.

how intelligent are u? no smartness at all...just moving around was was created not standard of argument.

Very weak again.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Vanzcharles(m): 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

In your shallow argument you are just taking me back and forth. I never said anything about east. your imagination did.

your argument is not in line with today but beating about old acronyms used as of old.

how intelligent are u? no smartness at all...just moving around was was created not standard of argument.

Very weak again.

Man The present day Nigeria is Divided into 6 Geo political zones. I want to ask you a question I need your answer, Atiku is from what part of Nigeria?

Buhari is from what part of the country?
Answer this and let me show you where I'm driving at.

You practically trying to use evasive mechanism as form of a solid argument thereby your points are not stayed clearly. Answer the questions.

You stated that there is nothing like SS and doesn't exist. Also stated that I'm in use of old acronyms of the Southern x Northern almagamation....

Now using present day argument, you queried that nothing like SS that's your personal opinion.
I opine the use of six geopolitical zones.
But one major flaw in your claim is deflecting my point on the use of old acronyms of the southern part of Nigeria.

The present day which is six, still comes up with you defaulting the rule of six geopolitical zones.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by shobroy10(m): 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Man The present day Nigeria is Divided into 6 Geo political zones. I want to ask you a question I need your answer, Atiku is from what part of Nigeria?

Atiku NE cameroon
Buhari NW Nigeria.
Pack well and stop driving around
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
shobroy10:

Guy abeg stop all this uve been saying since u are just saying nonsense if someone from OFFA catch u with all this trash uve been typing ur life will not remain d same. U can say alot of rubbish about kwara but remember don't mention hausa or North in the same sentence with Offa u are committing atrocity be warned. If u like say patigi hold the state Capital na u know that one. IGNORAMUS
I wonder how you yorubas manage to stay put in your houses and imagine how neighboring states and towns look like. I mean from oshogbo to Ilorin is roughly 2000 naira on a normal day but you people can't defeat the travel phobia and attempt it.
Guy ilorin dey your backyard oh, no allow foreigners dey tell you stories about her

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Sammy07: 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

God of mercy, even you from offa don't know fulani lives with Nupe and the language they communicate with is Hausa and Nupe. Some Hausa are even permanent residents in Nupe villages and one thing about the Hausa residents in Nupe villages is that them and their kids speak Hausa, the Fulanis also speak Hausa with their language.
Guy travel more around your state

I'm not from Offa.
I said tell me any part of kwara that speaks Hausa.
You just said Hausa residents not indigenes.

I would have burst your lies up to kwara border with Benin

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by GarangDeMabior: 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
Sammy07:

Well, state creation caused it
They are well placed and positioned because they are governed by an emir.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by shobroy10(m): 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

I wonder how you yorubas manage to stay put in your houses and imagine how neighboring states and towns look like. I mean from oshogbo to Ilorin is roughly 2000 naira on a normal day but you people can't defeat the travel phobia and attempt it.
Guy ilorin dey your backyard oh, no allow foreigners dey tell you stories about her
Ilorin to oshogbo 2k u must b high on something cheap and if u must know I waka pass u. Far and Wide
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by myobjective: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

The emir doesn't have any power he is just a religious figurehead. The real power rest with the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Vanzcharles(m): 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2020
shobroy10:

Atiku NE cameroon
Buhari NW Nigeria.
Pack well and stop driving around

It wasn't you I was driving to. The nigga I quoted said there is no existence of Southern south Nigeria. But you can't acknowledge the claim of NW, NE and deny SS.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
Sammy07:

I'm not from Offa.
I said tell me any part of kwara that speaks Hausa.
You just said Hausa residents not indigenes.

I would have burst your lies up to kwara border with Benin
OH you think I am claiming parts of Kwara for hausa grin. Sorry I interacted with the hausa there to know they are permanent residents not indigenes
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by shobroy10(m): 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

Only Ilorin is governed by Emir take note
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by GarangDeMabior: 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
Vanzcharles:

You practically trying to use evasive mechanism as form of a solid argument thereby your points are not stayed clearly. Answer the questions.

You stated that there is nothing like SS and doesn't exist. Also stated that I'm in use of old acronyms of the Southern x Northern almagamation....

Now using present day argument, you queried that nothing like SS that's your personal opinion.
I opine the use of six geopolitical zones.
But one major flaw in your claim is deflecting my point on the use of old acronyms of the southern part of Nigeria.

The present day which is six, still comes up with you defaulting the rule of six geopolitical zones.

You lack standard and can't be a good teacher. Your students will end up learning nothing but emptiness because you lack standard.

You only recycle what you are told without checking the validity.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by SlayerForever: 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
TechSkill:

LOL but when igbos tell that people In Asaba are igbos, ur people will call them attache by force.

They are evil people.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Sammy07: 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

so because Benin city is governed by Oba.
it means all Edo people are Benins

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Senator Ademola Adeleke Dancing At Dangote Daughter's Wedding (Video) / Obaseki Pays A Thank You Visit To Diri, Bayelsa Governor (Photos) / Buratai In Special Forces Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.