Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass (43274 Views)

United States Investors Coming To Lekki Free Trade Zone: US Consul General / Before BVAS, Some People Write Election Results - Governor Inuwa Yahaya / Lagos Free Zone: US Mission In Nigeria To Facilitate Increased Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by middlebelter(m): 9:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:
Zone them out of nigeria into Oduduwa.

People are talking of moving out of the current Federal arrangements, these ones are talking about moving into SW.

Mtcheew.

Why are you demonstrating classical insensitivity to other people's opinion. This to say the least is very rude and arrogant of you. The people have a right to determine what they want just like you have yours, for you now to descend to attacking people for their wish will only attract hatred to you and your group. They haven't ask you not to seek your own political arrangements.

It is provocative to think your opinion is superior to others, your inability to understand this simple fact about politics will always work against your larger interest some of us are crying everyday for more political power to your cause in SE only for you to turn to attack your friend's interest. Appalling!

4 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2020
Mraphel:

You're wrong.
Ilorin Yoruba is more Yoruba compared to the Southwest counterpart.
Go to Ilorin, the official language is Yoruba, if you cannot speak it you will be lost.
E karo is in Ilorin. Have once lived there
You are not far from the truth but you cannot be totally lost if you can speak hausa or Nupe.
One thing I noticed about Kwara yorubas is that even though it appears as if they lost everything yoruba, they don't look like people that are ready to lose their yoruba language,. Those guys can customize every language to yoruba, including some of their Arabic names like Sadiq to sadiku, ramatu and so on
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2020
middlebelter:

Why are you demonstrating classical insensitivity to other people's opinion. This to say the least is very rude and arrogant of you. The people have a right to determine what they want just like you have yours, for you now to descend to attacking people for their wish will only attract hatred to you and your group. They haven't ask you not to seek your own political arrangements.

It is provocative to think your opinion is superior to others, your inability to understand this simple fact about politics will always work against your larger interest some of us are crying everyday for more political power to your cause in SE only for you to turn to attack your friend's interest. Appalling!
He is just returning the yorubas favour. The yorubas always berate here that speaking a language, having the same culture and bearing same names doesn't make a particular group a member of a larger ethnicity if the group is not in their region

6 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Haywhysat: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

You witnessed ordinary school association and you are throwing insults in what is supposed to be a civilized discussion. Don't carry this your mentality to kwara because you will be shocked. Kwara yorubas respect their islamic religion above anything else and they have undiluted loyalty to their emir who claims allegiance to the caliphate. Kwara is not all about yoruba anyway, they have indigenous Nupe and settled fulani
You should know, Emir of ilorin jurisdiction is only within Ilorin, other towns have their own king. Emir does not command other town. Or are you telling me that oba of oofa bow for emir of ilorin?

5 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
Pimpmaride:

I know u r an ipob.... I wunt argue with u again..

I av so many Kwara frnds.. So many dt doesn't even understand Hausa... Ur frnd said her neighbor, a Kwaran doesn't understand good morning which is ekaro in yoruba... Imagine

I know u r an Igbo ipob guy, anytin to lie and make ursef feel aiit, u will do..

I. Wunt reply u again... Igbo guy arguing with me abt Kwara and yorubas... Shioorrrr
Yes I am IGBO and I have been to kwara, but can the latter be said about you?
Everything in life is not deliberated based on assumptions. Travel and see.
It's a shame that an Igbo man from far away igboland has been to kwara but a Yoruba man that it's in her backyard still describe the place based on assumptions

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by zebra(m): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
Simongm:

You don't get it. We'll Join SW and move for Oduduwa in unison.
Do you know that people from Kwara, Kogi, Benue, FcT are referred to as Northerners
It is quite disgusting!
What are they supposed to be called? Southerners?
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Slimjorgor: 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2020
At first, na group of olodo do the zoning, how can they merge 3 - 5 languges together. Is it for them to be fighting each other?
Okun people are the Yoruba speaking part of kogi & they share boundaries with Ondo and Ekiti, so they are supposed to be zone in south-west.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

Yes I am IGBO and I have been to kwara, but can the latter be said about you?
Everything in life is not deliberated based on assumptions. Travel and see.
It's a shame that an Igbo man from far away igboland has been to kwara but a Yoruba man that it's in her backyard still describe the place based on assumptions

Yes I can see.. In ur Dream, u av been to Kwara... Delusion of grandeur..

Igbos way gringringrin

Economic refugees leaving his land for another land... We know una gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
Haywhysat:

You should know, Emir of ilorin jurisdiction is only within Ilorin, other towns have their own king. Emir does not command other town. Or are you telling me that oba of oofa bow for emir of ilorin?
All of them answer to the emir of Ilorin just as most of the nupe emirs answer to the emir of Lafiagi

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Clapfield: 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2020
The ignorance of some Nigerians who have never travelled beyond their state is amusing and irritating. For someone to say Okuns are not Yorubas or forced themselves to be ceded to any other state in Nigeria is crass ignorance. Creation of states has always been by military fiat without the ethnic nationalities input. Okun people never agitated for Kogi state. Babangida singlehandedly did that making us a minority without any option. The transition has started and by the grace of God it will be achieved.

8 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Judolisco(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
That will be d best d marginalization is 2 much
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Igbos way gringringrin

There is a difference between "been to" and "live at". Nigerian graduates never disappoint grin. As for travelling, it's in my DNA as an Igbo man and I can't apologize for it. It's rare, if not impossible to see an Igbo man of above 25 years that has not travelled out of Igbo land at one point in his youthful life
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

There is a difference between "been to" and "live at". Nigerian graduates never disappoint grin. As for travelling, it's in my DNA as an Igbo man and I can't apologize for it. It's rare, if not impossible to see an Igbo man of above 25 years that has not travelled out of Igbo land at one point in his youthful life

Economic refugees.. U av been noticed gringringringrin

Go. And develop ur land.. Erosion is taking over.
Don't take it personal, just an advice

6 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by EduBrazil1991(m): 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2020
What do we now say about igbos in Delta, Rivers, cross rivers, Akwa ibom etc..

North just dey use us anyhow, it Hurts.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Igbos way gringringrin

If I've not been to Kwara, I would have swallowed some lies here that kwara is a Yoruba state. Only those that has been there knows the boundary between share and tsaragi

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
TechSkill:

LOL but when igbos tell that people In Asaba are igbos, ur people will call them attache by force.

Yes na, are you not doing attachee by force?
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Economic refugees.. U av been noticed gringringringrin

Go. And develop ur land.. Erosion is taking over.
Don't take it personal, just an advice
You just blew your cover, you are among the 98%. One of their trademarks is extending bitterness and curses. Please, quote someone else. I am very sorry for disturbing you (if you feel so)

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2020
That's why I like the attitude of core northern states. Despite having the biggest challenges but they'll never throw accusing finger on one another. Only few from the other side knows the geographical location of Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri dominance state. Inspite of wrong accusations and blame games, you hardly see a core northerner blaming one tribe for the fault of other. Fulani are killing people in the name of banditry, Boko Haram is killing and bombing but there was never ethnic tension.
Northern geographical land belongs to the North, if they want to join SW let them join them by mass exodus because not an inch of land will be lost from the northern region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by middlebelter(m): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

He is just returning the yorubas favour. The yorubas always berate here that speaking a language, having the same culture and bearing same names doesn't make a particular group a member of a larger ethnicity if the group is not in their region

How is this argument of interest to the Okun Yorubas who are marginalised than any part of SE or SS? Look at the landmass of Okunland and compare to many states, infact it is twice the size of many. Interns of population, because of successive marginalization from various governments the citizens are spread into Kaduna, Kwara etc. Should anyone be offended that we call ourselves Yoruba or how has that changed the fact about us?

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
Coronabirus:
That's why I like the attitude of core northern states. Despite having the biggest challenges but they'll never throw accusing finger on one another. Only few from the other side knows the geographical location of Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri dominance state. Inspite of wrong accusations and blame games, you hardly see a core northerner blaming one tribe for the fault of other. Fulani are killing people in the name of banditry, Boko Haram is killing and bombing but there was never ethnic tension.
Northern geographical land belongs to the North, if they want to join SW let them join them by mass exodus because not an inch of land will be lost from the northern region.
Spoken like a true Northerner. I miss this attitude
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
LaboPolitics:

E pain you seriously. Okun land is in the North and belongs to Arewa, go and drag into SW let's see how far you can go. Una wickedness go finish una for this country, just calm down watch the game. grin
Pain, lol.

Am I the one that wrote letter, is it any south western states that write letter grin. The okun people said they are yorubas and want to be with us.

Can you say the same about you Kikikikikikiki. They are even telling me it to your face that they are not Igbo or part of biafra.

I understand that the letter really pain your flat head cheesy. Ndo

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2020
middlebelter:

How is this argument of interest to the Okun Yorubas who are marginalised than any part of SE or SS? Look at the landmass of Okunland and compare to many states, infact it is twice the size of many. Interns of population, because of successive marginalization from various governments the citizens are spread into Kaduna, Kwara etc. Should anyone be offended that we call ourselves Yoruba or how has that changed the fact about us?
I feel your pain, but know this the guy has no grudges with okun people, he was returning the south west yorubas favour.
Me personally, I believe any group has the right to identify with people of common ideology and culture

3 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by myobjective: 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

All of them answer to the emir of Ilorin just as most of the nupe emirs answer to the emir of Lafiagi

You know nothing about Kwara.

Yoruba are the overwhelming majority in Kwara. Ilorin is a pure Yoruba town, a town where you can't do anything without the Yoruba language. A Yoruba from southwestern states like Ondo, Ekiti, Oyo and Osun easily migrate to Ilorin and marry Ilorin indigenes than even Nupe that a minority in Kwara.

My wife is an Ilorin indigene and the first time I bring she came with me to even Suleja(not core-north) she was complaining about the custom of the people and how she missed Yoruba land.

Don't get yourself deluded, Ilorin people are of pure Oyo stuck but for politics sake, some may claim northerners but that doesn't stop them from being Yoruba.

Ilorin Muslim marry Christians, tolerate their Christians neighbours, drinks and socialized like every Yoruba. Listen to Bari, listen to Saheed Osupa, Pasuma, migrate to Lagos, watch Yoruba film in huge numbers. Even Nupes in Lafiagi are been Yorubazed.

The current governor of Kwara state is an Ilorin man marries to a Lagos Christian Yoruba. The Yoruba never lost Kwara to anyone, in fact, they are gaining Nupe and baruba territory in Kwara state.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by GarangDeMabior: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
ModestGal:

Who is against Biafra, I have never been against Biafra, but one of you mentioned that the way some people felt bla bla, difference is that those people you want to in cooperate into your country hates you. I have a friend in NYSC, the boy hates Igbo like mad, and I would be calling him Igbo because you guys look alike. Everywhere Yoruba people are, they have never denounced being a Yoruba.

I'm dont think those people are truly Igbos, because if they are, they would want to associate themselves with their roots naturally. Or is it that Igbos are very wicked ? I'm still trying to understand

No wonder this okun nonsense is a pipe dream and mere academic exercise.

In nigeria as a whole na only yoruba will go for nysc and come back with stories of one igbo boy told me, one elder told me. if others who serve in your land start peddling this petty gibberish my you guys, the whole of yorubaland will be bare with nothing left of it.

Okun fictitious incorporation.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by 9gerian: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
But it is the Okun people that are pushing to join their Yoruba brethren in the SW in this case, which is the other way with Igbos claiming the Niger Delta people.

The affected people should feel motivated enough to join their own people in the larger block if they so wish.

The big question is are they willing to join the Igbos? If yes, let them in the footsteps of the Okun people.

BlackfireX:
Now you know how the indigenous igbo extraction feels when you say they are not part of igbos..

Or imagine some impps compose theory that the okuns are not yorubas ... How would feel if they say the SW wants to grab Land

Last last we go dey alright

4 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by GarangDeMabior: 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Nigeria is divided into two: Northern Nigeria Southern Nigeria If you are yoruba, you are Southerner.

Yoruba is west and not south.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by myobjective: 9:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
Coronabirus:

The Hausa-Fulani has no inch of land south of River Niger and the River at Jeba and Lokoja is the boundary of Yorubaland. Trust me no inch of Yorubaland will be lost to marauders in the event that Nigeria disintegrates.

3 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Correcto: 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2020
It is called One Nigeria
Romanoff:

You don't get it. Imagine a Yoruba speaking person being called a northerner when you don't even share similar cultures or values.

I personally hate it.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Lari03r(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2020
This is great!

I'm sure people don't know that Ebira people of Kogi are also related to Yoruba, though not as close as Okun.

They bear Yoruba names like Ojo, Bose, Aina.

Their language has some Yoruba influence.

Well, we respect the sanctity of human lives in Yoruba land, so our Okun brothers should be re-integrated.

I had an argument on Twitter last year when one guy said Niger State was bigger than the whole SW.

I told him, political SW is different from the geographical SW which includes Kwara state and parts of Kogi state.

Man was adamant he was talking about landmass as it is. But I was also talking about landmass as it should be.

David Oyedepo is from Kwara. His 2nd University is in Kwara, Landmark University.

I am not sure about the Jebba story or link. However, I know Yorubas own Kwara and Okun land as their ancestral lands.

The British came to stop the war between Nupe and Yorubas, else we would have reclaimed all our land.

7 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2020
J111333:
I've bookmarked this your comment for future reference.
Very soon, the same yorubas in this forum will attack some Igbo speaking folks in Rivers, Delta and Akwaibom states for wanting to be regarded as Igbos.
Zombie, when ikwere man tells you he's not Igbo, tag him Yoruba. Attachee by force.

3 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by One4me: 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:
Zone them out of nigeria into Oduduwa.

People are talking of moving out of the current Federal arrangements, these ones are talking about moving into SW.

Mtcheew.

Dont get mad over nothing.
The message here is that the SW is the place to be!
Imagine, every minority wanst to dissociate from the S/East because they know how you people behave. grin grin

Within the SW, they can still move out of Nigeria
. tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by willybaby(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

These places you named have been known as north for a long time.

They have a common language binding them which is Hausa.
please sir don't say what you don't know, how does hausa bind Benue, kogi to the North. Rivers State far south has more Muslims, mosque more hausa speakers compared to Benue.. Benue is central Nigeria not North

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari Sends Birthday Messages To Anyim, Useni, Four Others, Snubs Wife / Open Advice To South West Governors On Housing / Pictures Of PDP Presidential Campaign In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.