Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? (54896 Views)

Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches / Dirty Habits We Should Get Rid Of / Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
eyinjuege:

You are so correct. It works like wonders.

But please, don't let it touch your hands or spray near foodstuff or kitchen utensils.
At least, next 6mths you'll be free. However, put in every crevice in the cupboards and doors. Remember to close the windows and doors, and leave the environment for like 6hrs or overnight if you spray only the kitchen.
Good luck in your quest. Pls don't leave near children. Buy the small one, use once and discard immediately. Its just #200 or so.....
Mr Man, dont misled people, Snipper cannot work for months, the maximum it will act will be like a week. Snipper (DDVP active ingredient) is not safe and has been removed from WHO approved list of public health insecticides.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by eyinjuege: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Mr Man, dont misled people, Snipper cannot work for months, the maximum it will act will be like a week. Snipper (DDVP active ingredient) is not safe and has been removed from WHO approved list of public health insecticides.

Well, it works in my own house for months!
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by just2okworld(f): 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
Does that mean it isn't readily available in the market again?

Cos we need it to discipline these stubborn mosquitoes in our house?Can anyone please suggest where I can get it?
Thanks
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by just2okworld(f): 11:24am On Dec 02, 2015
just2okworld:
Does that mean it isn't readily available in the market again?

Cos we need it to discipline these stubborn mosquitoes in our house?Can anyone please suggest where I can get it?
Thanks
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Moana(f): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
All you need to do is

1.Declutter your home
2. Always pack cooked food in containers and store it in the fridge
3. Fumigate the house
4.always keep it clean

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Zone: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
The best solution is to get an Indoor Residual Spray (IRS) that is odorless and will last for 6 months without needing a respray. I spray my house only twice a year using ICON 10CS or Bistar Wp using my IRS Spray.

The Actellic 300 CS can last for one year eliminating the need for respraying within a year. It eliminates everything pest at home.

See attached link for its efficacy http://www3.syngenta.com/eame/PPM/SiteCollectionDocuments/Leaflets/Vector_control/Actellic_300CS_long_lasting_residual_insecticide_Marketing_Leaflet/Actellic_300CS_English.pdf

Do you know where I can buy Actellic 300CS locally? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by oweniwe(m): 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
MOORCHMOORE:
My problem is not Just Cockroach but BAT. I need answer on how to eradicate and stop Bats from entring my roof. Considering the Celtic belief "Vampire and Bat". I mean its scary to harbour them in my roof.

I've got serious bat problem at village huz.... Its a duplux with high roofline....

Up to a thousand bats ... The smell of their poop is terrible.

The problem is... Nobody stays permanently in d huz... We only stay a few days and travel out again. Its not something one can rent out since it was built for personal use only. If I ask ppl to stay in d huz, once I travel, they start carting house furniture away. So any time I'm traveling, I lock d door and move with the key.

I called carpenters to install net ... They all ran away saying the roofline is too high for them.

I have resorted to spraying pesticides... Dimethaoate and co into the roof... The smell drives them away but after about a month, they come back.

I sprayed the roof with otapiapia kind of pesticides mixed with kerosene in April ... During the day... Dey flew out with speed... But now village neighbors are calling me dat they Have come back.

I can't block all d holes in the roof because the roofline was covered with aluminum sheets.

I'm presently thinking of knocking the net inside the roof instead of outside it... I'm skeptical about installing net outside cos high winds will definitely blow them off.

Wat do u think I should do? Permanent solution needed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 09, 2017
Is Sniper still effective
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by ladycomfort(f): 7:01am On Nov 09, 2017
hmmmm
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Diamond23(f): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]Go get Sniper, it kills cockroaches and oda insects like mad even wall gecko and continues killing up to one week, just d smell alone z enoff to cause catastrophe in d insect kingdom.just make sure u buy d original one
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Hitmern(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2019
Are you fed up of Cockroaches, bedbugs, ants, rats, wall geckos, spiders, bats and other type of pests your home?
Call [b]PSYCLEAN SERVICES [/b]to come wipe them out once and for all.

Call: 08163319401, 0906 487 0689
Email: psycleanservices@gmail.com

Psyclean Services is a dynamic cleaning service firm engaged in providing clients and prospects second to none services in the area of Janitorial (office space) cleaning, residential cleaning, Post construction cleaning and other cleaning related services.

Other Services include:

Post Construction/Renovation cleaning
Home cleaning
Office/Janitorial Cleaning services
After Party Clean up
General Cleaning Services
Fumigation / Pest control Services

Psycleanservices@gmail.com

Thank you for choosing Psyclean Services

We will not clean your pocket.
We

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by BHigher(m): 6:34am On Oct 27, 2019
usewisdom:
It's very easy. Get a spray and spray your room. After like 20 minutes, u will see them sleeping on the floor. Pack them inside your pot. Get a spoon and a pgure cold water. Dinner ready. lol

Bet why are you this dumb?? shocked
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by frozen70g(f): 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
peacettw:
I know someone started a thread on rats which i've done successfully in d past with indocid and good old hunting with sticks and PESTle. Now, i'm having an ongoing battle wit cockroaches. It doesn't matter how clean the home (since this problem has turned me to a neat freak), they still stick around, laying eggs and multiplying. I kinda prefer rats since they re easy on the eyes and big to hunt, but roaches are so damn ugly esp the big ones and can climb ur body when u're sleeping, Yuck!! Pls, anyone, HELP!

There is this powered substance they use to pour on the ground at night before bed time and you the cockroaches stagering in the morning

Alternatively kill any one you see

They have a very flat body, so they can creep in anytime, more especially if your neighbours are not after them just the way you are

Make sure you cover your dustbin so that they won't see food to eat when they come
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Hayastark: 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
Use green leaf it is tested and trusted, it is btw 50-100 naira works like magic. Put the powder at different conner of your house, and leave it there u will continue to see dead roaches, it effect last for up to a month, try and get original one. (You should get it with people who sell different rat poison)
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by somtookeke(m): 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2019

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Ihategirls(m): 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
Cockroaches, I hate that thing with a passion spec when they start flying over your head and trying to stay alive when you are killing them

Jeez

And the pungent smell if you press them with a shoe
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by achorladey: 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2019
Rambo powder will just be fine. Find there point of entry, exit, hideout and apply. See cockroach free madness till they die
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by vindiavrora(m): 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hello all! The problem of cockroaches and their damage to the environment is very popular to this day. Every day people encounter cockroaches everywhere. They are especially abundant in attics, garages, and dirty rooms. Recently I saw something very unusual and it turned out to be a flying cockroach. I wondered why do cockroaches fly ? After reading this article, I learned where they often live and so on. The way to get rid of flying cockroaches is not different from how to get rid of ordinary cockroaches. Poison of all kinds will do the job just fine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Photo Of Sleeping Fruit Seller And Her Child Goes Viral, Draws Support / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.