Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) (79937 Views)

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / UNN Hostels After A Heavy Rainstorm (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Disgustingggg!! humans live in that dump?. shocked
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by jaxxy(m): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Redcrafton:
This is bad.

Most federal universities in Nigeria have poor and unhygienic hostels.

This is the pics of female hostel at Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba

https://dailypost.ng/2013/01/22/inside-female-hostel-at-lagos-university-teaching-hospital-idi-araba-photos/

This is a reflection of our country and government. A shithole.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ideagatesauto: 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is genuinely traumatizing. I schooled in UNN and in all honesty, seeing this again is mentally damaging.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by feedthenation(m): 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
Those buildings should be demolish with immediate effect, not fit for human living
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by SirLakes: 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
KimberlyWest:
This nonsense made front page?

Nigerians! I shake my head.

Displaying our worsts for people to see and laugh.

Op, why didn't you put up pictures of female hostels like Okeke, Isakaita, and Akintola?

For your information, 90% of those dirty things you put up there have been fixed.

And we all know the purpose of this thread, anyway. I only wonder why it made front page.
If those dilapidated structures are there should we hide it and pretend like it's nothing because we don't want people to see and laugh.

In fact, we have people with first-hand experience confirm this here.

Even if it has been fixed, would this kinda nonsense ever happen in a saner environment.

Post the fixed facilities as a counter thread if you can

Simple as ABC

5 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by SirLakes: 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ideagatesauto:
This is genuinely traumatizing. I schooled in UNN and in all honesty, seeing this again is mentally damaging.

You telling us this is/was real.... isn't it smiley
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Elaric(m): 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is bad,but I ain't surprise. I thought that was Umudi,Imo State NYSC Orientation camp back then.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Lastmankc(m): 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
The pillow don turn to Lipton bag

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by SirLakes: 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
Wardstunna22:
So unfortunate that this post was put up... If I may ask is this just the only thing bothering he or she who posted this... UnN is an Awesome school no matter whatever you try to paint it as it's a Giant here in Africa put this post down it's not worth it don't dent the image of this great Citadel
We have people who attended confirm this, should we shy away from that

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Lamasta(m): 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
You can't graduate from this same school and be normal

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by nautybride: 10:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
Should have added viewers discretion please! Gosh!
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by GIGO2(m): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
JAMZ1:
Toilets and bathrooms at UNN Enugu state

Eww
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by harriet412(f): 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is really disgusting to look at
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by forlahkhe: 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lol......
samonak:
I remember the time i slipped and fell in Alvan Ikoku hostel bathroom. I almost cried because of the filth, even thinking about the incident is making my skin crawl embarassed
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by ogubolokento(m): 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is normal in Nigerian higher institution s
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by nanauju(f): 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Dominique

These pictures went viral like 5 years ago and even made fb on nairaland. This looks like a full blown tribal instigating thread. Damn! Nairaland has really gone to the dogs.

And to even think the op created his moniker today, only for this topic to hit FP the same day, while so many other educating post lay fallow, never to be seen says a whole damn lot on whoever decided to push the topic to FP.

Such a shame what nairaland has reduced to.. Wow!

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by haryorbarmie83(m): 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
Let's call a spade a spade, majority of the students are dirty too. The problem is from the grassroot.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by GentlePEACE: 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
Racoon:
Tufiakwa! Meanwhile, this is what you find in male hostels in most schools especially FG universities

Not Unilorin
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by officialenny(m): 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
bakol:

UNIBEN hostels were at least better. I stayed in Hall Three, Hall 4 unit A and Hall 4 unit B. Anyways, this was some 14 years ago....

I hope the hostels are still as fair now as they were in those days....
Bro recent development shows that these hostels are now in good condition
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by officialenny(m): 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
Aquilinae:
I have seen few pictures of the recent renovation in Uniben and I must confess, Our VC is doing really well. I can't wait to see our school new look.
Same here
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kerosenehawker:
Everyone here that is complainiing, you guys know what to do

Allow the Universites in Nigeria, bcause it isn't just UNN, its all the others as well, to RAISE THEIR FEES.

What you are seeing in the pictures is what you get for fees between 40000-80000 naira and allocation of 18 billion naira....which in dollars is 104 -208 dollars, and 50 million dollars

Is that enough? NOO!

But Nigerians will begin the shout of 'WE ARE POOR'.

Meanwhile these same poor Nigerians spend billions on sending kids to study abroad, to read the same courses...

Well, stop complaining about the mess, because this is what we can afford. Either raise the fees, or raise the taxes . Thank you
The truth is that those schools make more money than even the one federal government is allocating to them. The school.managment is no better than buhari and the rest of them. Do you know how much their scratch cardbis sold every year? Do you know how much is acceptance fee for over 3000 students? Do you know how much they make from all the little liklte things students pay for? Where does the money go to? Yey, it's not the school that pays lecturers. Most of the structures are raised by old students. Most departments are build by old students from that department. UNN as a university makes enough money to build best lecture halls and hostels in one academic session. But those evil men there will rather keep the money for themselves and wait for a federal government that doesn't exist to give them money. The school fees is even too much with that kind of environment.
Most of those professors there attended that same school and stayed in those same hostels with good foams and clean toilets. But now that they have been given the opportunity to make the place better or at least be the way I was when they were undergraduates, they are seeing is as rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by officialenny(m): 11:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
SegFault:

No it was back then now, besides haven't you read purple hibiscus, the picture painted by that piece certainly made the school look like a bleak shithole.
Lol � my ribs
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
Aguemma:

University is not ranked based on the school environment sir. Unn remains one of the best universities in Nigeria.
Don't mind him. He thinks it's the hostels that students went there to watch.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by rampantlover: 11:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
GOD OUR HOMELAND GHANA AND MAKE OUR NATION GREAT AND STRONG grin grin grin Giant of Africa by mouth lol.....Nigeria is a JOKE
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by IncredibleWrite: 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
nanauju:
Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Dominique

These pictures went viral like 5 years ago and even made fb on nairaland. This looks like a full blown tribal instigating thread. Damn! Nairaland has really gone to the dogs.

And to even think the op created his moniker today, only for this topic to hit FP the same day, while so many other educating post lay fallow, never to be seen says a whole damn lot on whoever decided to push the topic to FP.

Such a shame what nairaland has reduced to.. Wow!
The Op obviously has a vendetta. Any sound mind should see through all his rants. I blame the Mod that pushed this to front page.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
Fash20:
If you are looking for some of the most hardened people in NIgeria, after the armed forces, the students are next. Only God knows how I managed to survive life in the hostel.

The place was dirty, jam-packed, ventilation was poor, No water during the day, beg bugs were on rampage, mosquitos nearly finished us. We had to buy fan in my room with our money, etc It was crazy.

Students aren't suppose to live this way, they aren't in concentration camp for goodness sake
Boys hosteks are worst. 4people will pay for hostel fees and then sqaute 8others without the knowledge in of the porter and you espect the place not to be over crowded.
In my own hostel in that same Nsukka, we were in charge of cleaning our toilets and bath rooms even though we had cleaners. If you are reported for messing up the hostel, you would park and leave within 24hrs because students can be horrible. If I were in school and needed to ease myself, I take a shuttle back to my hostel because I dreaded entering school hostel. The cleaners will just finish cleaning and before they even reach downstairs, students will mess the whole place up without minding it was a human being that cleaned it up. Bother the school admin and the students living in those hostels are to be blamed.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by IncredibleWrite: 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Is this what Nairaland has been reduced to? Pitiable I must say.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Rosskii: 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
SegFault:

Just look at what you are saying, you have forgotten that most of the funds that are sent to these schools are looted first by the people allocating them then the chicken change is then cleared by some characters in the universities, so keep quiet, Brazil operates a free public university system but is it like this, countries like Germany have free public universities but are they like this. Mtccheew you want to increase tax on top of 30k minimum wage.

Germany's annual budget is 2 TRILLION dollars.

Brazil's is 780 billion dollars.

Nigeria's is 35 billion dollars.

Please, use your head when making comparisons.

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Rosskii: 11:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kerosenehawker:

Yes, go and tell all that to the government

But the truth is , you people want UNN to be like universities in Europe tht get subvention and charge fees ten times larger than UNN's own. And are located in countries where the tax and gdp is higher.

What you are seeing is what you get for 200 dollars school fees. If you want Cambridge level or Harvard level, pay Cambridge or Harvard level school fees.

That is life.

Covenat looks like hotel coomared to this place, because Covenant charges fees in the millions.

If you like, you can abuse me and my cat and my pet chicken. You can call me Buhari supporter. But in life, you get what you pay for.

This is really the long and short of it.

Thanks for educating these people who love the good life but don't want to pay for it.

You want UNN to be like Harvard.

Harvard's annual budget is 4 BILLION dollars.

UNN's is 50 million dollars.

Nuff said!

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
Itsceejay009:

Oga don't lie, UNN denied you admission
UNN just have dealt with his family. He must have applied not less than 5tims and still didn't get in. If not, why is he so pained about the school as if it's not what all government institutions experience. Even the hospitals that are meant to be kept clean for the sick are nothing to write home about. And he's here crying more than the berieved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Oau Admission List For The Year 2010/2011 Released! / 2018 UTME: JAMB Bans Wristwatches, Pen, Spy Eyeglasses, USB, CD & More / The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.