Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) (79911 Views)

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / UNN Hostels After A Heavy Rainstorm (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by samuelson06(m): 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
Omihanifa:
All these are happening simply because the universities are underfunded undecided

If there's adequate funding, the right infrastructures will be in place angry the hostels are too congested sad

The person that took those pictures get mind sha angry undecided

You are wrong. What we are seeing here isn't happening because universities are underfunded but because the leadership don't care. The students that contribute to this mess don't care as well. This is more about the nature of people that we are and less of funding for universities.

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
BigSarah:
Both are identical to me
Hello Dumbsarah
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by puremaker7(m): 8:27pm On Sep 13, 2020
helinues:
Truth be told, this is how average male hostels are across the country
you are right
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Janosky: 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
JAMZ1:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/photos-the-decayed-infrastructure-serving-as-unn-hostels
What an eyesore!
What is the UNN Authorities doing to address this decay?

Systematic abuse of the dignity of man.
Hian !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by BigotMan(m): 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
OLULAW:
The students should abduct the VC and other executive officers of the university and lock them up up in those toilets for 24 hours so they get first hand experience of what it feels like.

that was the same treatment UNN students gave to VC Mbanefo years ago. they actually wheeled him to the toilets via a wheel barrow

i think overpopulation and embezzlement of the funds by higher administrators are to blame

before i left UNN, it was rumoured that Mbanefo hostel will be repaired leaving just two hostels, Eni-Njoku and Alvan for male students (both decayed structures)

by the way @OP those your pictures are not recent. give us the most recent pictures of UNN Nsukka

cc Chikelue2000 (Super Lion!) what do you have to say about your alma mata?

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by VTJN(m): 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
asanwafo:
Are U jealous?
U funny o, biko wetin dey wan jealous?
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Zane2point4(m): 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
PortHarcourt2:

^^
This is London compare to the shithole UNN ENUGU STATE

See your UNN- the home of lions and lionesses. You guys in that school are truly wild animals. cheesy
Even if you give yahoo boy 5million to eat this shit he go run.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by kelvinovie25(m): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
Both the students and the management are all uneducated illiterate, non of them can make their world a better place than they mart it and they all wand government to do everything for them.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Lekan1o1: 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
BigSarah:

The hostels at new hall obviously... even jaja

Fine Babe u down for anal ? Good pay
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by PastorFire: 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
helinues:
Not ABU ZARIA.. Haba, this is a shit hole
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by ThatFairGuy1: 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
I'm ashamed for the first time as a Nigerian. I'm wondering how the outsiders will be looking at us.

Aside the infrastructure which is to be blamed on the Government, WILL THE HORRIBLE VIEW OF THE HOSTEL BE BLAME ON THEM AS WELL?

LAZY ASSS DIRTY UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by spaceacademy(m): 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
no wonder they no wan open school.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by subcbouy: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
Who has done this to eastern Nigeria, rising Nigeria university? Bewitched students have done this.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by JB4life: 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Serious indictment on successive administrations of UNN.

Fundamentally caused by outdated hostel structure.
Modern hostels have bathroom and toilet attached to each room,so that the students would be responsible for cleaning of their toilets and bathroom.

A situation where multitude of students from overcrowded rooms gather at one end of the hostel called toilet would produce the ugly scenarios posted here, especially in the absence of adequate supply of water, cleaning materials and disinfectants ,and even poorly motivated cleaners.

Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by vickydevoka(m): 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
I been think say na only uni ibadan n Absu hostel worst pass o. Buh dis one shock me
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ability77: 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
ABlAstate:
Unn is a cursed shithole university just like Enugu state. cheesy

i wanted to reply in your tone but then saw your moniker. am sure u are typing Zik's flat and you probably have never left that location to your Abia state that is so blessed yet Nsukka is far better than your state capital
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by asanwafo: 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
PortHarcourt2:

Jealous of a shithole university? Are you normal?
Best university is not known by its toilet end; it is by its products
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by mayo47(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
JAMZ1:
UNN Enugu state is a decayed institution.

Looks like Nigeria's systems and economy at the moment. Nigeria can't progress when most public educational institutions look this. Just a reflection of our today's society
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by chikason68(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
Same situation with Michael Okpara University of Agriculture. Though the old hostel (IBB hostel) was renovated in 2015, it's now a big mess. Thank God I graduated alive
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by stan4guy6(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
PortHarcourt2:
UNN is the worst university in Nigeria. What a shambolic shithole university. Enugupikin come and carry your shithole university where only Nsukka illiterates are attending school cheesy
What has Nsukka got to do with this.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by desiredhome: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
Badbishop15:

very bad...students should maintain public facilities...and also the school too...they should employ more cleaners and renovate
Yes but cleaners are human being...... some of these people behave worst than animal.......

These are all as a result of selfishness in we Africans....
No love for one another, no body cares about the other person.....
No body want to build/give ...everybody want to destroy/collect.......

That is the highest level of poverty in the land..

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by asanwafo: 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
[quote author=VTJN post=93893094]U funny o, biko People of ur kind are not admitted in UNN
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ability77: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
Throwback:
Until there is a true revolution in Nigeria and we have a leadership who feel the same pain as the average Joe, we will continue to have this decadence in every aspect of our infrastructure.

Even the state commissioners do not have children enrolled in public schools at any level, while they school abroad at the tertiary level.

Which political office holder is a patient at any public hospital?

Do they go through the police harassment and brutality the average Nigerian has to survive daily? Only the political class and their business cronies are the citizens of Nigeria, while all others are victims of Nigeria who must do the bidden of the citizens and suffer for the failures of the citizens.

We need to stop voting those with fancy ideas, and start voting those who are involved.

"Because I am involved", was what spurred Ojukwu to fight for the secession of his people from a Nigeria that then through the pogrom offered only massacre as a citizenship right, as opposed to security and right to life.

Are our political leaders involved in Nigeria when they hold dual citizenship and their children and grandchildren are deliberately being born outside Nigeria?

Can you ever care about a country that is not truly your home but a mine or farmland whence your repatriate resources and wealth to another country where you and your family have citizenship and truly consider as home?

I care about Nigeria because I am involved. I see that it is useless and needs a rebirth, while "inglorious basterds" see no problem with a Nigeria that continues to fund their family lifestyles in other countries where they hold citizenship rights.

I believe soon the Nigerian masses will transition from being victims of Nigeria to become citizens of Nigeria.

For that to happen, we must get rid of the current citizens of Nigeria and establish the true citizenship for all.

i think we are all blaming the wrong people. who and who was alocated to those hostels.. Government ?

who is supposed to clean the toilets and bathrooms... government?

that hostel has housed almost all ethnic groups in this country if u must know.. Nigerian citizens display this nonchalant attitude towards public property and that is the same thing our politicians do

Now take the same group of people and put them inside MTN or even Bank lodge and see the readjustment. Most of us are just irresponsible

LETS STOP SHOUTING GOVERNMENT APC PDP IGBO HAUSA YORUBA. MOST ARE IRRESPONSIBLE

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Eaglesence: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
helinues:

Jesus!!! Thank goodness i didnt school in Nigeria!! This is scary. Im sure these structures are no longer in use
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Mars16(m): 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
See horror,this is an eyesore. I know the federal government disburses fund to that university,so the school management should held responsible.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by frog12: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
this is EVEN WORSE than POLICE barracks !!

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Reference(m): 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
Structure, structure, structure. If you cannot maintain infrastructure and services, simply outsource them. It is not compulsory for large institutions, organisations to offer all services in-house.

Simply call sanitary companies to bid for BO Contracts for restrooms and bathrooms and state that clearly in your prospectus that you are excising that from your direct offerings. Let the students pay for these facilities and watch how they will be provided in enough numbers to serve the students adequately both on campus and in the hostels.

If each student of UNN pays say 20,000 naira per session or equivalent of less than 100 naira per day, a billion naira can be raised to Build and Operate high quality sanitary facilities which will work and save millions in medical bills and possibly avoidable deaths from pestilence. These pictures show serious incubators for typhus and if it hits the student population folks will be dropping like flies.

3 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by enoch273: 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is appalling in times such as these when good hygiene should be the order of the day, as we take care of our surroundings, we should also make out time for medical check-up, luckily the platform on my signature is providing Nigerians with quality healthcare advisory.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Itsceejay009(m): 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
PortHarcourt2:

Hahahaha

How can shithole deny me admission. I got to know about shithole UNN 10yrs after I graduated from UNIPORT

The shithole is far better than your school. Argue with your keyboard
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by VTJN(m): 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
[quote author=asanwafo post=93894626][/quote] Go sleep baba
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
Thanks for the correction "bear" is correct not "bare" in that context.
GEEBITE:
Bear*

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Oau Admission List For The Year 2010/2011 Released! / 2018 UTME: JAMB Bans Wristwatches, Pen, Spy Eyeglasses, USB, CD & More / The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.