Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) (79828 Views)

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / UNN Hostels After A Heavy Rainstorm (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by GEEBITE: 7:43am On Sep 14, 2020
What's funny here babe,too much mischief. Lol. Anyway it was taken in good faith by him and I could see it was an inadvertent slip.

I am waiting for the day when many Nigerians will accept lose and loose are far from each other in meaning. While the Americans too will know "Your" can never be used as "You are" .Some Nigerians are even copying them in that wrong usage already.
Ishilove:

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Moneyboyz: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2020
Omihanifa:
All these are happening simply because the universities are underfunded undecided

If there's adequate funding, the right infrastructures will be in place angry the hostels are too congested sad

The person that took those pictures get mind sha angry undecided

Is it not here that we saw someone build 2 toilets with 50 million naira for a university?
Corruption has eaten deep into the roots of this country.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ishilove: 8:03am On Sep 14, 2020
GEEBITE:
What's funny here babe,too much mischief. Lol. Anyway it was taken in good faith by him and I could see it was an inadvertent slip.

I am waiting for the day when many Nigerians will accept lose and loose are far from each other in meaning. While the Americans too will know "Your" can never be used as "You are" .Some Nigerians are even copying them in that wrong usage already.
Sweerie, the chief irritant is that abominable use of 'am' in place of 'i'm'. That grammatical crime cuts across all parts of the English speaking world. It's so annoying angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by naptu2: 8:12am On Sep 14, 2020
Ishilove:

Sweerie, the chief irritant is that abominable use of 'am' in place of 'i'm'. That grammatical crime cuts across all parts of the English speaking world. It's so annoying angry

Been and being.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ishilove: 8:16am On Sep 14, 2020
naptu2:

Been and being.
Even I am guilty of that grin
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 14, 2020
COMPAQ:

Which caters mostly to the privileged white elite!!

https://www.businessinsider.com/brazil-has-tuition-free-college-but-it-only-serves-a-portion-of-its-citizens-2015-6

Meanwhile are you even joking with Brazil?? Not take small eye look that country o.

Brazil’s government budget is $779bln. Nigeria is $22bln, yet our population is almost exactly the same. That’s why I always say that despite our supposed oil wealth, Nigeria is a relatively poor country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_government_budget

Their annual budget level is 9th in the world, our is 79th. Most Nigerians don’t know much about South American countries because they are not always in the media like America and Europe. Brazil is in the next level below G7. Nigeria wouldn’t even make G100.

Their GDP is $1.8trln our own is $400bln. They are far ahead of us developmentally.
But it's still free and also the little given to the universities to take care of themselves where does it run to? Or has it suddenly developed legs and eyes?
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 14, 2020
Rosskii:

Germany's annual budget is 2 TRILLION dollars.

Brazil's is 780 billion dollars.

Nigeria's is 35 billion dollars.

Please, use your head when making comparisons.
No matter how small the money they give them they utilise it well, what has our universities done with the funds they give them, not to mention the endemic looting in our universities, you too use your head when making comparisons.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by pamcode(m): 8:40am On Sep 14, 2020
This country sha God help us o. People live in this irritating buildings. How can they learn anything that would help this nation?
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:40am On Sep 14, 2020
BigSarah:
Both are identical to me
Hey Dumbsarah
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Zane2point4(m): 9:09am On Sep 14, 2020
Kerosenehawker:

Yes, go and tell all that to the government

But the truth is , you people want UNN to be like universities in Europe tht get subvention and charge fees ten times larger than UNN's own. And are located in countries where the tax and gdp is higher.

What you are seeing is what you get for 200 dollars school fees. If you want Cambridge level or Harvard level, pay Cambridge or Harvard level school fees.

That is life.

Covenat looks like hotel coomared to this place, because Covenant charges fees in the millions.

If youu like, you can abuse me and my cat and my pet chicken. You can call me Buhari supporter. But in life, you get what you pay for.
Pay Cambridge equivalent with 18k minimum wage abi??
The simple answer is just "maintenance culture".
Nothing else, even if govt build multi million naira hostels come check it in 2yrs time,its just the problem not even peculiar to nigeria alone,but to most of african nations.

They must allow things to get bad before the think of how to fix and sustain it,look how deplorable federal roads are,just the same thing.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2020
Zane2point4:

Nothing else, even if govt build multi million naira hostels come check it in 2yrs time,its just the problem not even peculiar to nigeria alone,but to most of african nations.

They must allow things to get bad before the think of how to fix and sustain it,look how deplorable federal roads are,just the same thing.
Leave am make him dey whine mouth, the budget allocated to the school where did it go to? That is the simple question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by ERockson: 9:37am On Sep 14, 2020
Honestly, Igbo people are naturally dirty from experience. They don't mind littering the road or street with gabages. Even if they clean this shit for today, check it in 3months time
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Liposure: 9:44am On Sep 14, 2020
Ishilove:

am tired of hearing this am error of a thing. Like its the only error in english language. No offence
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by sinqlepee(m): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2020
Chest beating beerfrans can't even keep their schools clean, smh

its a federal government school
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by wavylevel: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2020
Shame on a country where its citizens spend more time and energy shouting to an imaginary Sky Daddy than using their mental faculties to better their lots.

No worries.

Jesus and Allah will fix your mess.

Pray harder.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 14, 2020
Zane2point4:

And the maintenance costs? Expansion costs? Upgrade costs?

University isn't cheap
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Focusmind: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2020
COMPAQ:

Not just students. Generally we Nigerians are filthy and dirty. Look at our markets, roadsides etc. All filled with junk. People eat and second nature is just to throw the wrapper on the floor.

Well said! It pains me when I see the behavior of average Nigerian. Go to where we live, people dump refuse any house and throw things out from their windows and cars. Just imagine. We are faced with a whole of issues in this country aside the obvious economic issues. My brother, you need to pay a visit to a fellow African country of Namibia. The Capital city Windhoek was a marvel city to me and I started wondering why we are the way we are in Nigeria. The order and discipline I saw there was second to non and do you know what: They are poor but the government is well and alive to their responsibilities. Even the areas inhabited by the poor still had access and neat street with light. You could see well paved pedestrian walkways and flower pots in those lower income areas.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by alarm4: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
VC and all University council need to be flogg one by one ...this is hardship learning environment that must be look into

This one small one go to uniben and see for uslf HALL 1;2;3
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Zane2point4(m): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
Kerosenehawker:

And the maintenance costs? Expansion costs? Upgrade costs?

University isn't cheap
When i gained admission.
I paid
Tuition fees,acceptance,medical,libary,ict,lab,asin too much i cant remember.
The fact is lack of innovation and decipline on the part of the school admin,on how to use all these funds and maintenance too.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by johnpablo541(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
KimberlyWest:
This nonsense made front page?

Nigerians! I shake my head.

Displaying our worsts for people to see and laugh.

Op, why didn't you put up pictures of female hostels like Okeke, Isakaita, and Akintola?

For your information, 90% of those dirty things you put up there have been fixed.

And we all know the purpose of this thread, anyway. I only wonder why it made front page.

Here are very recent pictures.
Pics were taken September 3rd, 7th and 8th 2020
Photo credit to chido visuals

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by johnpablo541(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2020

Photo credit Chido visuals

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by MuteMute(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
The same UNN they Shot Crazy lovley Series

Its well o
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
Zane2point4:

When i gained admission.
I paid
Tuition fees,acceptance,medical,libary,ict,lab,asin too much i cant remember.
The fact is lack of innovation and decipline on the part of the school admin,on how to use all these funds and maintenance too.

The problem is he total tuition fees you pay in Nigeria don't amount to $200 at most.

Yet many of you Nigerianns expect facilites of $22000 school fees from $200 school fees.

Now I'm not blind. Corruption happens, bad administration happens. But the hoest truth is if you want good facilites, you have to pay the price.

In developed nations, they pay the price in the form of high taxes, high fees and so on.

I went to a government school for undergrduate. paid 100 dollars then. Got messed up facilites.

An average rich somebody went to a foreign school, paid fees of 22000 dollrs, not that they were rcich, scholarships paid and loans covered the rest...and got pristine facilites.

I hate saying this. I wish with my whole heart that Nigerians could pay N1000 as fees. But we cannot expect 20000 things from 200 things.

So either we pay up, or we take another loan, or we cut fuel and other subsides, so that we can gt the extra funding
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by jamiuazeez(m): 6:03pm On Sep 14, 2020
how can a place like this provide a good leader 2moro....?this Nigeria shaa Wonder shall never Ceased.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by jUeLiZ: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2020
Omoluabi16:
These diseases are bad oh.. but you see scabies ehn.. oh lawwwd

asweear no b lie...
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
It is too bad for the top 5 universities in naija. According to wiki

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 15, 2020
johnpablo541:

Here are very recent pictures.
Pics were taken September 3rd, 7th and 8th 2020
Photo credit to chido visuals

Congratulations for taking pictures of a side of the school Stadium, the outer part of Nkrumah Hall, back of PG hostel, the uncompleted side of the Library and a side of engine annex. I hope they pay you for this.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:19am On Sep 15, 2020
KimberlyWest:

Congratulations for taking pictures of a side of the school Stadium, the outer part of Nkrumah Hall, back of PG hostel, the uncompleted side of the Library and a side of engine annex. I hope they pay you for this.

So you saw through the deception
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by edoairways: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2020
Zane2point4:

University education is expensive as It isn't meant for all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Oau Admission List For The Year 2010/2011 Released! / The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics) / 2018 UTME: JAMB Bans Wristwatches, Pen, Spy Eyeglasses, USB, CD & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.