Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? (148 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by Omuneizzy6(m): 6:16am On Sep 13, 2020
Happy Sunday Nairalanders,
Please let's discuss On These questions, Oftentimes, I do hear most Christians who go out for soul winning preach, but after the word they will ask,
have you given your life to Jesus Christ?

Let's consider the two questions. (Opinion)
HAVE YOU GIVEN YOUR LIFE TO JESUS?: Simply asking Have you died for Jesus? just as Jesus gave his life for. the word 'Give your life' means to lay down ones life. so can you die for Jesus again?

HAVE YOU GIVEN YOUR HEART TO JESUS?:
For me here I think is asking Have you accepted Jesus in your heart, Believe that he gave his life for you.

So for me These two questions should be used properly, I still need a clear explanation on them if there is any controversial thought on this...
HAVE YOU GIVEN YOUR LIFE TO JESUS?
HAVE YOU GIVEN YOUR HEART TO JESUS?
Which is more correct?
Mod;
Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by hopefulLandlord: 6:17am On Sep 13, 2020
both are wrong

2 Likes

Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by Omuneizzy6(m): 6:34am On Sep 13, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
both are wrong
or 'Have you accepted JESUS CHRIST?
Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by chiommy123(f): 6:49am On Sep 13, 2020
both are correct cos anybody you ask that question in Nigeria understands you
Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by IamWonderful: 7:15am On Sep 13, 2020
ok
Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 13, 2020
Giving your life doesn't mean literarily giving it up or dying like Jesus died for us. It means surrendering your life to Jesus or living for him and accepting him.

If we are to consider your own expression, we could also say it means removing your heart and giving to Jesus. These are just figurative expressions with clear indepth meanings.

Hope this clears it.
Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2020
It's a deception! embarassed

The question makes no practical sense!

According to the Christian Greek Scriptures (New Testament) giving one's life/heart to Jesus is a PERSONAL issue that doesn't need to be discussed.
Satan initiated the concept to delude Churchgoers into thinking they're also working for God whereas they're workers of lawlessness (iniquity)

To illustrate let's assume that everyone wants to travel to the land of greener pastures, then there are proceedings that's necessary otherwise the inhabitants of the city will not welcome you, none of you has gotten their but you've heard of all the requirements of becoming a citizen of the desired destination. Do you think it makes any sense to walk up to any stranger speak tell stories about the city and then ask "have you gotten the visa?"
Of course no sane person will say "NO!" But what about discussing thoroughly on each of the prerequisites and how to go through the process of getting it, the code of conduct that's welcomed in the city? Surely you're prepared to ascertain if you can help others or perhaps there are other things you still need to know. By discussing on all that is required to gain access into the city really matters! Matthew 28:20
The question "have you given your life/heart to Jesus?" is a complete deception!
There are over 41,000 different religions claiming Christians with contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings, yet Jesus that needed to be accepted is just a single character in the Bible!
Does it make any sense claiming you've given your life/heart to the same person yet you can't relate perfectly with others who have done the same?
Why is there so much contradictions if all these different groups are roads leading to the same place (Jesus)? Matthew 7:13-14

In my own opinion the best question to ask is "How do we assess those who have given their life or heart to Jesus"
As for heart and life both means the same because a thief can only rob you and take away your pay, but a deceptive lover will break your heart and lead you astray!
So both means the same thing!

God bless you! smiley
Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 13, 2020
only one is wrong
Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by helinues: 8:10am On Sep 13, 2020
Keeping my life and my heart to myself undecided
Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by ggirl4real: 8:11am On Sep 13, 2020
The most important thing is that you should reflect the lifestyle of Christ as a Christian.

Change you evil ways, work on your weaknesses and stop giving excuses as to why you should continue living in sin.
Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by obonujoker(m): 8:19am On Sep 13, 2020
Both are correct...

Infact, I would prefer Give your "all" to Jesus.
Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2020
GIVE A NAIL TO JESUS IS THE ONLY CORRECT THING.

1 Like

Re: Give Your Life To Jesus Or Give Your Heart To Jesus, Which Is More Correct? by orunto27: 9:59am On Sep 13, 2020
The same quantity the same quality and the same weight in front of God.

(1) (Reply)

The Place Of The Comforter / Here Are 5 Things The Word Of God Gives Us. / Defeat Your Fears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.