Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,090 members, 7,953,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:09 PM

I Need You Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need You Advice (231 Views)

ASUU Strike: What Skill Would You Advice Young Students To Learn / Would You Advice An Employer To Attend His Employees Weeding / Would You Advice I Move To Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need You Advice by Babawon1: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2020
Please I need a serious advice and will love it if I can meet a psychiatrist in this room. Am 25yrs old, I finished ssce last 8 years(2012) I failed my waec and since then I have been trying to get my 0,level. in 2014 I sat for exam but I did not finished it due to sickness so year later I told my self am not going school again. I go for training and learn computer operator after I finished I open shop around my house becose there is a school around it, but during this lockdown which school was closed I made no sale since am only serving the school in that area but now am thinking of learning a new thing I can do, maybe if school resume I will serve the school till 1pm and go to other work from 2 till 7. so I need advice what kind of job or skill can I learn that I can earn from it.
Re: I Need You Advice by Stephenomozzy(m): 8:33am On Sep 13, 2020
Hmmm... I can understand your plight Sir!

First, I must commend your desire to want to do more by learning more so you're not dependent on just patronage from the school (now and post-covid).

I'm not a psychiatrist,

One other advise I can share, what services do/did you offer in your business?

Was iy limited to just typesetting, photocopying and maybe passports? If yes.. Then it will be difficult to ask that you take your Services online.

But you can learn other skills though,

1. Soft skills if you're a tech savvy person
i.e Graphics design and Printing (even as a middle man - online and offline you may need to intern at a print shop);

2. Crafts - Depending on the time you have... You can learn Phone and Computer Repairs (Servicing and Maintenance), you can even learn Air Conditioner Servicing, Mechanic (Electricals), if it's not already saturated in your area.. You can learn to sew suits or make shoes.....
Re: I Need You Advice by sageb: 9:11am On Sep 13, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

First, I must commend your desire to want to do more by learning more so you're not dependent on just patronage from the school (now and post-covid).

I'm not a psychiatrist,

Was iy limited to just typesetting, photocopying and maybe passports? If yes.. Then it will be difficult to ask that you take your Services online.

i.e Graphics design and Printing (even as a middle man - online and offline you may need to intern at a print shop);

2. Crafts - Depending on the time you have... You can learn Phone and Computer Repairs (Servicing and Maintenance), you can even learn Air Conditioner Servicing, Mechanic (Electricals), if it's not already saturated in your area.. You can learn to sew suits or make shoes.....
lucidly said, the op should consider any of the skills listed above.

1 Like

Re: I Need You Advice by yanabasee1(m): 9:15am On Sep 13, 2020
OP, you're already on the ICT line....Augment your skills on either programming or graphic design or anything that is really going to assist your computer shop to grow and expand.....

Learning another skill entirely will divide you and your concentration.. ....

Always stay focus...

Take your ICT skills online and cash out big!!
Re: I Need You Advice by Babawon1: 10:21am On Sep 13, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

I'm not a psychiatrist,

I did typesetting , photocopy, passport and lamination. once school closed at 2, there is no guarantee I go make #5. Although, am good at flashing phone, and I ear that people who do mobile flashing at iwo-road make 2000 to 5000 per day, I have take my phone which need flashing to iwo-road and no one was able to repair it, but I later did it myself, and I have flash 3 phone for someone b4. but I don't know if I can challenge those at iwo-road if I decide to do it because there are still some hidden thing I don't know, like where they use to see to flashing firmware to be always available on their system
Re: I Need You Advice by Babawon1: 10:23am On Sep 13, 2020
yanabasee1:
OP, you're already on the ICT line....Augment your skills on either programming or graphic design or anything that is really going to assist your computer shop to grow and expand.....

Learning another skill entirely will divide you and your concentration.. ....

Always stay focus...

Take your ICT skills online and cash out big!!
Can graphics design be learn online, because I know a bit of coreldraw and Photoshop when I was learning computer then, but am not expert at it.
Re: I Need You Advice by yanabasee1(m): 10:34am On Sep 13, 2020
Babawon1:
Can graphics design be learn online, because I know a bit of coreldraw and Photoshop when I was learning computer then, but am not expert at it.

Coreldraw and Photoshopping is Graphics Designing.....

You can go to YouTube to learn whatever you want to learn.....

Just watch videos and practice those things and before you know it, you're going to be a good designer of art works and logos and 3D effects....

You'd start designing banners and posters and start making money....
Re: I Need You Advice by Babawon1: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2020
yanabasee1:

Coreldraw and Photoshopping is Graphics Designing.....

You can go to YouTube to learn whatever you want to learn.....

Just watch videos and practice those things and before you know it, you're going to be a good designer of art works and logos and 3D effects....

You'd start designing banners and posters and start making money....
Okay Sir, Thanks.
Re: I Need You Advice by Stephenomozzy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Babawon1:
I did typesetting , photocopy, passport and lamination. once school closed at 2, there is no guarantee I go make #5. Although, am good at flashing phone, and I ear that people who do mobile flashing at iwo-road make 2000 to 5000 per day, I have take my phone which need flashing to iwo-road and no one was able to repair it, but I later did it myself, and I have flash 3 phone for someone b4. but I don't know if I can challenge those at iwo-road if I decide to do it because there are still some hidden thing I don't know, like where they use to see to flashing firmware to be always available on their system

One easy way to get someone to share their "secret" with you is "RELATIONSHIP".

Since you have scouted the phone-business at "Iwo-Road" and you have made good analysis that on a "good day" you can make some good profits, then what you should do, is look around the place and find someone you see has a welcoming personality. Go up to the person, explain your mission to him, try to befriend him and even offer to pay a little token for you to just learn a little from him (his source of firmware and a little about the trade + getting patronage). Before you try this on one or two or more persons, you should get one person to teach you.

BUT!

Do not go into that much competition only on "HEAR SAY" that they make good money daily o.

I'll advise that you learn and get everything that you need....then maybe add a phone repair and sales of accessories at your place. I'm sure there are people around you....if you play your game well, people around would not have to go to Iwo to fix their phones. They'll come to you.....and if anyone pass your power...you can take it (as a middle man) to iwo road (to the person you've made friends with for a fair price)
Re: I Need You Advice by Babawon1: 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

One easy way to get someone to share their "secret" with you is "RELATIONSHIP".

Since you have scouted the phone-business at "Iwo-Road" and you have made good analysis that on a "good day" you can make some good profits, then what you should do, is look around the place and find someone you see has a welcoming personality. Go up to the person, explain your mission to him, try to befriend him and even offer to pay a little token for you to just learn a little from him (his source of firmware and a little about the trade + getting patronage). Before you try this on one or two or more persons, you should get one person to teach you.

BUT!

Do not go into that much competition only on "HEAR SAY" that they make good money daily o.

I'll advise that you learn and get everything that you need....then maybe add a phone repair and sales of accessories at your place. I'm sure there are people around you....if you play your game well, people around would not have to go to Iwo to fix their phones. They'll come to you.....and if anyone pass your power...you can take it (as a middle man) to iwo road (to the person you've made friends with for a fair price)
Wow thanks for this advice. one of my sister husband once said this, I will choose you advice and learn phone repair and combined it with my computer shop, since I lived around school where there as so many teenager and they uses phone, this might be a plus. Thank you sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Art Of Being Assertive / Do "Nigerian Lawyers Take An Oath" To Uphold The Constitution? / Cheapest International Exams Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.