Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

ASUU Strike: What Skill Would You Advice Young Students To Learn - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ASUU Strike: What Skill Would You Advice Young Students To Learn (420 Views)

What Skill(s) Do You Plan To Learn This Year? / What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000 / What Skill I Can I Learn In 3 Months While I Wait For NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: What Skill Would You Advice Young Students To Learn by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 10, 2022
So this is in reference to a thread that made frontpage a while ago
How long have you be searching for a job

https://www.nairaland.com/7115328/how-long-been-searching-job

everyone is always literally repeating the same thing to students still studying or fresh graduates..

learn a tech skill... go into programming, graphic design which i feel is saturated..etc or simply get a hand skill (tailoring, hairdressing/barbing, catering etc)..
I have seen a lot of folks with hand skills and a full degree but are still struggling to meet basic needs..

the question is what tech skill do you advice anyone to learn based on the results you have seen from it... and even after learning them ..how do we now get to make money off them..

personally I started learning learning a bit of video editing using premier pro .. and I started because I love movies... I do not have an idea of how i intend to use such skill to earn a full living as I feel it not something so much in demand in Nigeria..

am studying electrical engineering ... at some point I started learning Autocad but I stopped for a while..
I will really appreciate any idea for skills I could add to my course of study for better chances in the labour market or skills that can make me avoid the labour market and be independent.

Pls advice fellow student affected by this horrible strike.

lalasticlala mynd44 seun
Re: ASUU Strike: What Skill Would You Advice Young Students To Learn by Olaoluwa112(m): 1:17pm On May 10, 2022
there are other things one can learn during this period, I've been trying to go into web designing, but it's kinda hard, there are a lot of questions bothering me that I really don't know who to ask bout it.

Also graphic design helps a lot when you start doing landing page, page form, web design and the rest, so graphic design is very good.
Re: ASUU Strike: What Skill Would You Advice Young Students To Learn by Mariangeles(f): 1:28pm On May 10, 2022
Don't go into something just because it's "trending" and others are jumping on it.

Search within yourself; what do you have a flair for?
What interests/excites you? Start from there.
Nobody can know you as much as you know yourself.
Re: ASUU Strike: What Skill Would You Advice Young Students To Learn by Pip36(m): 2:05pm On May 10, 2022
Having a skill without knowing how to monetize it is simply a waste of skill. The following skills are high in demand if you can learn them and know how to monetize them;
. Web design/development
. Graphic design
. Copywriting
. Digital marketing
. Sales and Marketing

For over 3 years now, have been teaching Graphic design, Copywriting, Digital marketing, Sales and Marketing as well as how to monetize these skills.

Chat me up on WhatsApp if you are interested in any of the skills mentioned above. 07031680576
Re: ASUU Strike: What Skill Would You Advice Young Students To Learn by VicUkegbu(m): 10:02am On May 11, 2022
Am on this ship rn...
Confused as well....
Although I have a basic knowledge of Python & MySQL
I don't really have someone to guide me properly.

It's tiring
Re: ASUU Strike: What Skill Would You Advice Young Students To Learn by austine4real(m): 9:30pm On May 11, 2022
Wo N15K promo price for POS machines

(1) (Reply)

How To Benefit From TEFL Opportunities As A Nigerian / ABU Zaria Lecturer Appointed As Board Member Of IACD In Scotland / IELT Program And How You Can Succeed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.