Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets (982 Views)

Increase In Number Of Prophets Could Be Increase In Mental Disorder / The Falsehood Of Prophets / Reno Omokri At The The Manga Where Jesus Was Born In Israel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Emusan(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:
firstly I didn't claim whatever you wrote there.

Your claim from the OP is that Jesus is A MAN, that was why I asked those questions.

I stated from scripture that Jesus was the word of God before he became flesh and dwelt among us as a man and IS now the lamb that was slain at the right hand of God

If Jesus is THE WORD of God, does God's WORD different from GOD?

Does God and His Word two separate entities or Just still one entity?

Have you not read in Scripture how the second Adam was made into a quicken spirit.

Does it mean the second Adam wasn't a SPIRIT in the first place?
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by BlueAngel444: 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2020
Emusan:

Your claim from the OP is that Jesus is A MAN, that was why I asked those questions.
even the topic says Jesus WAS a Man

Is a person's word different from the person himself

Does God and His Word two separate entities or Just still one entity? Can you seat at the right hand of yourself? Or speak from above while you are below?

Does it mean the second Adam wasn't a SPIRIT in the first place?[/quote] and the word became FLESH and dwelt among us. And the second Adam was the second man. One from dust and the other from His word.
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:
firstly I didn't claim whatever you wrote there.

I stated from scripture that Jesus was the word of God before he became flesh and dwelt among us as a man and IS now the lamb that was slain at the right hand of God

Have you not read in Scripture how the second Adam was made into a quicken spirit.

Well he was a man that's why he often refer to himself as the son of man! Matthew 20:28, 25:31

He was made like the perfect man Adam who was created without blemish Jesus is equally the Son of God! John 3:16; Luke 3:38

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Janosky: 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2020
ggirl4real:

Does it change anything if Jesus is God and also the Son of God?

This is the problem I have with the Bible. I'm very sure that people that hold opossing views about Jesus being God or not have Bible verses to back up their stance and will claim that they are being led by the Holy Spirit.

The writers of the Bible should have looked to a way to avoid these ambiguities.

However, whether Jesus is God or only Son of God, the most important thing is that Christians should emulate the lifestyle of Christ so that we can have a better society.

That is my concern.

Rev3:5,12 did Jesus Christ tell you he is God in heaven, spiritual realm?
John 20:17, did Jesus Christ tell you he is God in earth?

Do you agree the spiritual realm is stronger than the physical realm?

If you won't accept what Jesus Christ says about himself , do you know Jesus more than he knows himself?

John 20:30:31. John 3:16-18, accurate belief about Jesus Christ is necessary for your salvation.
No be joke.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Janosky: 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Jesus was a man: the proof of prophets

Before we begin let us read some verses, no matter how many times you read it or the number of translations you read, it is more important to understand the truth than to just read an article.

Message Bible:
My dear friends, don't believe everything you hear. Carefully weigh and examine what people tell you. Not everyone who talks about God comes from God. There are a lot of lying preachers loose in the world.

Here's how you test for the genuine Spirit of God. Everyone who confesses openly his faith in Jesus Christ—the Son of God, who came as an actual flesh-and-blood person—comes from God and belongs to God.

You attend meetings, or even a regular member of any meeting, where the speaker is fond of referring to Jesus as a god who on earth who could do and undo, so that you too can do and undo as mini gods, that speaker is not of God and both he and those who follow such one will end up in destruction. Jesus came in humility, lived in humility, died in humility, an example to us of humility that we may live humbly and died in service of others and God and not claim to be a god, and not use the name of God as an excuse for violence.

Some Jews were too proud, so they did not believe in Jesus because Jesus was a man.

John wrote, anyone whose message is that Jesus was a god or a spirit is of the devil.

When I see Christians and Muslims argue about belief especially when they have not studied the Bible and the Koran with humility it's funny how extreme a person can go even when they are wrong. One says you must believe that Jesus is God, the other says, Jesus was a man but he did not rise from the dead or have divine birth. But the record says Jesus a man of supernaturally divine birth, was crucified and he rose. Simple truth but the devil is a master of fractioning the truth. Making you believe part of something while adding something else to it. He removes and adds to God's word.

Jesus was the word of God, before he became flesh and now is the lamb that was slain who is at the right hand of God.

A man can die, God cannot die because God is spirit, John 4:24.

Jesus is the Son of God - correct
Jesus is God - wrong
Jesus is the Son - wrong

John 10:34-36. Jesus Christ, God's son is a god.
1 Corinthians 3:23 , you belong to Jesus, Jesus Christ himself belongs to God.

Rev3:5, Rev1:5-6, did Jesus confess he is God's son in heaven?

1 Corinthians 8:5. God's sons are gods.
The Scriptures can not be broken.
1 Corinthians 8:7 "Not everyone have this knowledge/ understanding" grin grin grin grin

Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by ggirl4real: 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2020
Janosky:

Rev3:5,12 did Jesus Christ tell you he is God in heaven, spiritual realm?
John 20:17, did Jesus Christ tell you he is God in earth?

Do you agree the spiritual realm is stronger than the physical realm?

If you won't accept what Jesus Christ says about himself , do you know Jesus more than he knows himself?

John 20:30:31. John 3:16-18, accurate belief about Jesus Christ is necessary for your salvation.
No be joke.

Oga, I don't care whether Jesus is God or son of God. I was not there to confirm. All I'm concerned about is that Christians should emulate the lifestyle of their Saviour and Master so that we can have a better society.
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Janosky: 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2020
xproducer:
Perhaps you will attempt to explain to the Lord JESUS when He returns...

----

Bros, Jesus Christ is speaking to you, John 5:37. John 6:46. John 20:17
Yahweh ha Elohim is not coming to earth to be seen by men.
NEVER!
grin grin
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Janosky: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2020
John said the word was God. If Jesus has God's nature what does that make Jesus? Or you want to tell me a mere creature created All things or Angel's would worship a mere creature?
God's nature include self existence, so If Jesus has God's nature it means he self exist.
John 5:26, Jesus Christ says he did not self exist.
John 11:27"the Son of God coming into the world"

Rev3:5,12 according to Jesus Christ, in heaven
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Janosky: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Children of God have God's nature, but those that make us gods? NO.

God spoke the word into existence. Jesus is called the first begotten, means he came to be, from God. Jesus existed because God willed it so.

Worship means to adore, don't we adore our parents and elders, don't we knee or bow our heads to our leaders to honor them. Don't we praise those who do well.

Note this, when Jesus entered Jerusalem what was said is "blessed is he WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD" and not blessed is the LORD GOD.

1 Corinthians 8:5. John 10:34-36. Psalms 82:1,6.
Divine, Yes.
But only one ha Elohim (John 17:3. 1Kings18:39), the Father of all, Ephesians 4:6
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Janosky: 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2020
God is not a man only mean God's nature is different from man's nature but does not invalidate that Jesus is both God and man. John 1v1,18
Does God have Father in heaven and earth?
John 20:17. Rev3:5
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Janosky: 10:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
Emusan:

Does God and His Word two separate entities or Just still one entity?

Does it mean the second Adam wasn't a SPIRIT in the first place?

God's word, voice, speech is not a living entity.
John 17:17. Luke 9:35.
No dey DECEIVE yourself grin

Because of John 15:15, John 7:16,Hebrew1:1 , "the Word" is a title for God's appointed Spokesman, His son Jesus Christ.

The second Adam, John 11:27. Romans8:3,32... 1Corinthians 15:47-49
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 19, 2020
ggirl4real: ....

There can never be a better society when 99.99% of people living on the planet continue to ignore the one and only TRUE Christian group (Jehovah's Witnesses) but in the midst of JWs you will all observe what you're all anticipating i.e the "better society"
Obedient, law-abiding, respectful, peaceful, gentle, kind, humble, clean, neat, loving, joyful, self-restraint you will all notice in the midst of this true Christian group. But instead of learning from them how they're able to achieve such in their midst, you will continue to vilify, mock, criticize and even antagonize them for being different! smiley

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Emusan(m): 6:22am On Sep 19, 2020
BlueAngel444:
even the topic says Jesus WAS a Man

It means Jesus isn't a man again (back to this later)

Then this brought us back to my initial question

1. Then Who was He before becoming A MAN?
2. The person who became A MAN does He stopped existing or just change Nature?

Can you seat at the right hand of yourself? Or speak from above while you are below?

From above, you said "GOD is not a man" but now you're making God to be a man!

I always wondered why you called Him GOD if you always think He is like a MAN! That is, limited by what man is limited to.

If I may ask, can God visit every state in Nigeria at the same time?

and the word became FLESH and dwelt among us. And the second Adam was the second man.

What was His nature before becoming a man?

One from dust and the other from His word.

So does the WORD of God and God different from God and separate entity?
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Emusan(m): 6:26am On Sep 19, 2020
Janosky:
God's word, voice, speech is not a living entity.
John 17:17. Luke 9:35.
No dey DECEIVE yourself grin

Because your own God is a man.

The WORD OF GOD is ALIVE says the Holy scripture!

Continue to DECEIVE yourself!

Because of John 15:15, John 7:16,Hebrew1:1 , "the Word" is a title for God's appointed Spokesman, His son Jesus Christ.

Quote those verses from anywhere and paste it here and highlight where THE WORD said to be a TITLE as God's appointed Spokesman.

The second Adam, John 11:27. Romans8:3,32... 1Corinthians 15:47-49

What does this mean?
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by AkinwaleJJ(f): 6:55am On Sep 19, 2020
If Jesus is likened to Adam and Adam was also called God's son, then Jesus was a man just like Adam! undecided
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by BlueAngel444: 11:25am On Sep 19, 2020
Janosky:

John 10:34-36. Jesus Christ, God's son is a god.
1 Corinthians 3:23 , you belong to Jesus, Jesus Christ himself belongs to God.

Rev3:5, Rev1:5-6, did Jesus confess he is God's son in heaven?

1 Corinthians 8:5. God's sons are gods.
The Scriptures can not be broken.
1 Corinthians 8:7 "Not everyone have this knowledge/ understanding" grin grin grin grin
Psalm 82 the gods there referred to men.
verse 1 God gives judgement among the "gods"...
verse 5 They know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

then 6: I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

7: But you will die like mere men;...

In John 10:34 Jesus did not quote psalm 82 to honor them and they probably perceived it so.

Notice how Jesus corrected their false idea of thinking he was claiming to be God in verse 33.

psalm 82 was a psalm as a punishment to men who have claimed and acted like gods in their pride and wickedness. And God will judge the proud.

For your question in reference to the verses you quoted from Revelations, I believe the answer is there for all those who read it., that Jesus is the Son and Servant of God and not God. John the apostle was the one to make the striking differentiation in his writing.

God's sons, who are co-heirs are those who remain sons of God and not gods as to lord it over others. I love the verses you have quoted,1 Corinthians 8:4-7 which everyone would study it with the Holy Spirit and know it.
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by BlueAngel444: 11:31am On Sep 19, 2020
ggirl4real:

Oga, I don't care whether Jesus is God or son of God. I was not there to confirm. All I'm concerned about is that Christians should emulate the lifestyle of their Saviour and Master so that we can have a better society.
a better society is determined by those in leadership and strategic places of discussing making. When Jesus was alive on earth, society was has horrible as it was before and after him. The leaders were as selfish and foolish to their greed and wickedness as they deem fit, why then should anyone think that a follower of Jesus would influence the state of a society if God doesn't deem it so by touching or changing it's leaders.

a society that basically worships money has it's own god and followers, do you think such a society can be influenced by the kind or sacrificial.

the purpose of knowing the truth is to be set free, for a soul to be saved.
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by BlueAngel444: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
Emusan:

It means Jesus isn't a man again (back to this later)

Then this brought us back to my initial question

1. Then Who was He before becoming A MAN?
2. The person who became A MAN does He stopped existing or just change Nature?

From above, you said "GOD is not a man" but now you're making God to be a man!

I always wondered why you called Him GOD if you always think He is like a MAN! That is, limited by what man is limited to.

If I may ask, can God visit every state in Nigeria at the same time?

What was His nature before becoming a man?

So does the WORD of God and God different from God and separate entity?
Jesus the Son of God was the word of God that became flesh.

I have answered your questions but you refused to answer mine. Why?
You not only refuse to answer but made up suggestions and asked it your new questions. Why?
Read the whole thread if you may, read the verses quoted if you must. Your answers are in the bible, except you reject what is written in them. smiley
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by ggirl4real: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2020
BlueAngel444:
a better society is determined by those in leadership and strategic places of discussing making. When Jesus was alive on earth, society was has horrible as it was before and after him. The leaders were as selfish and foolish to their greed and wickedness as they deem fit, why then should anyone think that a follower of Jesus would influence the state of a society if God doesn't deem it so by touching or changing it's leaders.

a society that basically worships money has it's own god and followers, do you think such a society can be influenced by the kind or sacrificial.

the purpose of knowing the truth is to be set free, for a soul to be saved.

You said "why then should anyone think that a follower of Jesus would influence the state of a society if God doesn't deem it so by touching or changing it's leaders". Are you saying we should blame God for the current situation in Nigeria since He has refused to change the hearts of the leaders?
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by xproducer: 8:17am On Sep 20, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, Jesus Christ is speaking to you, John 5:37. John 6:46. John 20:17
Yahweh ha Elohim is not coming to earth to be seen by men.
NEVER!
grin grin

------

I only meant it sarcastically... however, "Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen." - Revelation 1:7

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth;" - Job 19:25
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Janosky: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2020
xproducer:

------

I only meant it sarcastically... however, "Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen." - Revelation 1:7

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth;" - Job 19:25

Bros, how many eyes saw Jesus Christ ascension to heaven?
2 Thess1:7-9, The son of God will execute the wicked,then they will know he came for his mission to wipe out sin & wickedness from the world.
Yahweh will NEVER come to perform the assignment given to His son, Jesus Christ

John 20:17 , Jesus Christ says you are definitely DECEIVING yourself.
Your deity says he is ascending to his God our heavenly Father, you no get SENSE? grin
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by Janosky: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2020
Emusan:

Because your own God is a man.

The WORD OF GOD is ALIVE says the Holy scripture!

Continue to DECEIVE yourself!

Quote those verses from anywhere and paste it here and highlight where THE WORD said to be a TITLE as God's appointed Spokesman.

What does this mean?
Hebrews1:1-2
"1In the past God spoke to our ancestors many times and in many ways through the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us through his Son. He is the one through whom God created the universe, the one whom God has chosen to possess all things at the end"

In the times past, the Prophets were the Word of God (conveying his instructions), now Jesus is the Word of God (teaching, conveying his Father's message, instructions etc) to us.
John 7:16 , John 15:15 what I teach belongs to God who taught me & sent me.

Jesus is the lamb of God, is Jesus an animal called 'Lamb'? (Use your brain, Mr LIENUS grin).

In the same manner, Jesus is not the voice or word spoken by Yahweh.
John 17:17 ,Luke9:35 confirmed it.
@1Cor15:42-49 Jesus the second Adam is God's Son (@John11:27, Romans8:3,32) "coming into the world"
Bros, Enjoy your delusion
Re: Jesus Was A Man: The Proof Of Prophets by BlueAngel444: 11:59am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

You said "why then should anyone think that a follower of Jesus would influence the state of a society if God doesn't deem it so by touching or changing it's leaders". Are you saying we should blame God for the current situation in Nigeria since He has refused to change the hearts of the leaders?
Is it not men that created or brought about this Nigeria, amalgamated it, have it name and colors. Men have been creating cities since Genesis. That's why Abraham looked for a city made by God and why Israel was so special because God called forth that nation and established it.

You don't blame God for the decisions and actions of men. Though God allows it, does God allow men to be evil? Yes. Does he punish them for it? Yes

A leader hears don't be wicked, be merciful and still refuses to hearken to that. Proverbs states that the people will suffer and the prophets write such a leader will be punished.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Observation About Rccg / My Experience In India Temple / Christmas Was Celebrated For The First Time In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.