Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

My Observation About Rccg - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Observation About Rccg (957 Views)

Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered / Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud / One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Observation About Rccg by Ogiandplantain: 4:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
I stepped into a Rccg parish for the 1st time since 16 years ago.

I was short of words.

Everything has virtually changed in the system, The Preachings that do make the congregation have a sober reflection about their life is gone, I don't want to even go full length on what the Preacher said today.

I noticed that there's a separate section reserved for the High brow members in the church.

I wasn't feeling comfortable at all.

Please can someone explain why the church changed, I don't normally believe some of the news i do see about the church on the front page but I might be forced to do that.
Re: My Observation About Rccg by BluDesk: 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
What did the preacher say?
Re: My Observation About Rccg by Ogiandplantain: 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
BluDesk:
What did the preacher say?
The Man was basically going astray from the Main Point of Discussion, The Topic was all about The Resurrection of Christ, Along the line I started hearing things like Eating right, Living right and Things that relate to fitness.

Is Daddy G.O aware on the happenings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Observation About Rccg by BluDesk: 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ogiandplantain:

The Man was basically going astray from the Main Point of Discussion, The Topic was all about The Resurrection of Christ, Along the line I started hearing things like Eating right, Living right and Things that relate to fitness.

My belle o

My hand no dey grin
Re: My Observation About Rccg by LikeAking: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
The beauty of Christianity is its ability to adapt to the new world.

You get.

So relax.

If RCCG no upgrade the younger gen go run from the church.

Christianity is a religion people should enjoy. Their is no room for been sober.

2 Likes

Re: My Observation About Rccg by gasparpisciotta: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
There has been a serious shortage of the glory of God in the life of so many of today’s preachers and churches
Re: My Observation About Rccg by Jashub: 4:20pm On Apr 04, 2021
I am not a member of RCCG but I find this story very hard to believe. But the foolish ones on this forum will start saying all sorts of things just to justify what their wicked hearts want to hear, but forgetting that your pastor and his preaching can never take you to heaven since it is a personal choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Observation About Rccg by FatherCHRISTMAS: 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
The reserved seat could be for church elders
Re: My Observation About Rccg by pharmagba: 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ogiandplantain:
I stepped into a Rccg parish for the 1st time since 16 years ago.

I was short of words.

Everything has virtually changed in the system, The Preachings that do make the congregation have a sober reflection about their life is gone, I don't want to even go full length on what the Preacher said today.

I noticed that there's a separate section reserved for the High brow members in the church.

I wasn't feeling comfortable at all.

Please can someone explain why the church changed, I don't normally believe some of the news i do see about the church on the front page but I might be forced to do that.

I find it had to believe your story

Every 1st Sunday Daddy GO message is aired

Anyway thank God you enter church after 16yrs, God will visit you
Re: My Observation About Rccg by duro4chang(m): 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
LikeAking:

You get.

So relax.

Christianity is a religion people should enjoy. Their is no room for been sober.

Really? You don minit!
Re: My Observation About Rccg by Kobojunkiee: 5:14pm On Apr 04, 2021
LikeAking:
You get.
So relax.
So what you are trying to say is that the teachings of Jesus Christ, 2000 years-old Truth of God Himself, does not matter anymore since by your assessment, it would not appeal to the young gen?
Re: My Observation About Rccg by Kobojunkiee: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
There has been a serious shortage of the glory of God in the life of so many of today’s preachers and churches
Did Jesus Christ ever tell you that the glory of God would be in your church buildings? If God does not inhabit mandate structures how then can his glory be on them? lipsrsealed
Re: My Observation About Rccg by edoairways: 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ogiandplantain:

Is anything wrong with that? I thought you wanted to say financial prosperity
Re: My Observation About Rccg by edoairways: 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ogiandplantain if you sample churches in Nigeria, only few preach salvation and holiness messages. Though I have some issue with some holiness movement. Imagine one posted on Facebook that God gets angry with couple after sex
Re: My Observation About Rccg by Kobojunkiee: 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2021
edoairways:

Is anything wrong with that? I thought you wanted to say financial prosperity
Did Jesus Christ teach eating right and fitness as part of His Gospel of the Kingdom of God? undecided
Re: My Observation About Rccg by edoairways: 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Did Jesus Christ teach eating right and fitness as part of His Gospel of the Kingdom of God? undecided
Did Jesus Christ tell you to hold church service on Sunday? undecided undecided
Re: My Observation About Rccg by Kobojunkiee: 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2021
edoairways:

Did Jesus Christ tell you to hold church service on Sunday? undecided undecided
Did Jesus Christ even command your church gatherings to begin with? undecided
Re: My Observation About Rccg by edoairways: 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Did Jesus Christ even command your church gatherings to begin with? undecided
God commanded us to worship him on Saturday
Re: My Observation About Rccg by Kobojunkiee: 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2021
edoairways:

God commanded us to worship him on Saturday
God never did that. You all formulated that all on your own.

God never even commanded the Israelites, in His old Covenant, to worship Him on the Sabbath. Instead He commanded the people of Israel to "Do no work" on the Sabbath day. undecided
Your false teachers and false prophets, took God's commandment to those of the blood of Jacob, and formulated their own doctrines and traditions which they fed you in order to get you to "worship" your god on Saturdays, even sundays. Same thing they did with the tithes and Offerings laws God gave to His people, Israel. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Observation About Rccg by LikeAking: 2:38am On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So what you are trying to say is that the teachings of Jesus Christ, 2000 years-old Truth of God Himself, does not matter anymore since by your assessment, it would not appeal to the young gen?

Take am as u see am.

Christianity evolves constantly.

Christianity is a religion of enjoyment.

Practice it that way.

We blacks are messing the body of Christ up with our negative vibes.

All those holiness preaching, fasting and prayers, night vigils are totally irrelevant.

Christianity is a religion of enjoyment. Practice it like that.

Enjoy!
Re: My Observation About Rccg by LikeAking: 2:40am On Apr 05, 2021
edoairways:
Ogiandplantain if you sample churches in Nigeria, only few preach salvation and holiness messages. Though I have some issue with some holiness movement. Imagine one posted on Facebook that God gets angry with couple after sex

Take am as u see am.

Practice it that way.

All those holiness preaching, fasting and prayers, night vigils are totally irrelevant.

Enjoy!
Re: My Observation About Rccg by Kobojunkie: 2:47am On Apr 05, 2021
LikeAking:

Take am as u see am.
Practice it that way.
Enjoy!
A religion of enjoyment? Really? undecided
So, to you, Jesus was what, a joker who risked death to deliver the New Covenant to the world so you could have instead your religion of enjoyment? undecided
His apostles a bunch of undirected fools many of who ended up murdered just so you can have your religion of enjoyment that evolves whenever you feel you want to change things up? undecided
Re: My Observation About Rccg by LikeAking: 2:57am On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A religion of enjoyment? Really? undecided
So, to you, Jesus was what, a joker who risked death to deliver the New Covenant to the world so you could have instead your religion of enjoyment? undecided
His apostles a bunch of undirected fools many of who ended up murdered just so you can have your religion of enjoyment that evolves whenever you feel you want to change things up? undecided

Dont bring in negative vibes.

Jesus is a boss,u get.

So, to you, Jesus was what, a joker who risked death to deliver the New Covenant to the world so you could have instead your religion of enjoyment? A good reason the days of every christian on earth should be that of celebration and enjoyment.

Forget all those sad part.

Most of the sad parts of Christianity were created by sad, mean, mortal, men.

The religion from Jesus is a religion of enjoyment.

But those sad, mean, mortal, men switched things down.

Go and enjoy.
Re: My Observation About Rccg by Kobojunkie: 3:17am On Apr 05, 2021
LikeAking:

Dont bring in negative vibes.
Jesus is a boss,u get.
So, to you, Jesus was what, a joker who risked death to deliver the New Covenant to the world so you could have instead your religion of enjoyment? A good reason the days of every christian on earth should be that of celebration and enjoyment.
Forget all those sad part.
Most of the sad parts of Christianity were created by sad, mean, mortal, men.
But those sad, mean, mortal, men switched things down.
Go and enjoy.
A religion of enjoyment that evolves over time? Have you ever in fact read the Gospels for yourself? Jesus Christ promised all those who will chose to follower Him .i.e. accept and obey His teachings that they will have suffering and tribulation in this world, yet you say that Jesus Christ is a "religion of enjoyment". undecided
I want to know, what "enjoyment" do you speak of? undecided
Re: My Observation About Rccg by MightySparrow: 6:20am On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkie, this an argument you can't win. RCCG is next to air in Nigeria, maybe on Nairaland. Everywhere you turn, you find them. Like MaxInDHouse and Janosky, they will defend their church.

I am watching.....
Re: My Observation About Rccg by Kobojunkie: 6:25am On Apr 05, 2021
MightySparrow:
Kobojunkie, this an argument you can't win. RCCG is next to air in Nigeria, maybe on Nairaland. Everywhere you turn, you find them. Like MaxInDHouse and Janosky, they will defend their church.
I am watching.....
I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. undecided

Wait.. was that meant to scare me away from picking apart the facade that is your MoG or something? undecided
Re: My Observation About Rccg by AntiChristian: 7:50am On Apr 05, 2021
RCCG

God wey dey drink tea without invitation!
Re: My Observation About Rccg by MightySparrow: 9:51am On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. undecided

Wait.. was that meant to scare me away from picking apart the facade that is your MoG or something? undecided

No need for any ill - feeling, when I got through few comments, I realized that most people are in defence of their church. What is supposed to be on your side, you are turning against me?
Re: My Observation About Rccg by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:20am On Apr 05, 2021
That's where you're getting it wrong!

JWs aren't defending the Organization, the org has established herself as the one and only that could make LOVE, JOY and PEACE reign amongst adherents. Micah 4:1-3
What you see each JW doing here is defending his own side why he/she believes that it's only JW org that has the TRUTH!
What the Organization teaches makes us feel closer to our fellow believers globally but other religionsts only feel closer to only their religious leaders. Why not ask kobojunkie to tell you a single teaching of RCCG which differ from other churches but draws him closer to members of RCCG in other lands? smiley

MightySparrow:

I am watching.....
Re: My Observation About Rccg by LikeAking: 10:23am On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A religion of enjoyment that evolves over time? Have you ever in fact read the Gospels for yourself? Jesus Christ promised all those who will chose to follower Him .i.e. accept and obey His teachings that they will have suffering and tribulation in this world, yet you say that Jesus Christ is a "religion of enjoyment". undecided
I want to know, what "enjoyment" do you speak of? undecided

Guy forget the whala part.

Enjoy Christianity.

The blackman loves problems a lot.

The way the whites practice Christianity is diff from the way the blackman practice.

The blacks just love stress and sufferings.
Re: My Observation About Rccg by MightySparrow: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
That's where you're getting it wrong!

JWs aren't defending the Organization, the org has established herself as the one and only that could make LOVE, JOY and PEACE reign amongst adherents. Micah 4:1-3
What you see each JW doing here is defending his own side why he/she believes that it's only JW org that has the TRUTH!
What the Organization teaches makes us feel closer to our fellow believers globally but other religionsts only feel closer to only their religious leaders. Why not ask kobojunkie to tell you a single teaching of RCCG which differ from other churches but draws him closer to members of RCCG in other lands? smiley

Hahahahehehe grin cheesy
Re: My Observation About Rccg by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2021
Òrò di hùn, òrò pè sì je ò òrò di hùn! cheesy

MightySparrow:

Hahahahehehe grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? / Before I Commit Suicide, Please Advise. / Dry or wet fast?...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.