Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene (57468 Views)

Man Dies After Gulping Full Bottle Of Alcohol In One Shot (Pics/Video) / Lifeless Body Of A Baby In Polythene Bag Found In Umuahia Street (Disturbing Pix / Man Caught With A Woman's Severed Head In A Polythene Bag In Graphic Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by oyeb15: 6:17am On Sep 14, 2020
Stewpid government
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Adakintroy: 6:20am On Sep 14, 2020
Emyogalanya:
Sachet of #50 and bottle of #500 which one can control abuse more?

It's all about affordability. Cheap access. Igbo is #50 naira one tie. Anybody in the street can afford it. Work out a way of making it 500, and you eliminate so many users. End.

Get this people to rely on their natural senses more that's the end game. The drug abuse is excessive. Not only achohol man. Go to oshodu under bridge, they sell Igbo in the open in broad day light.

The other time it was codein, tramador, so many nonsense in circulation.

It has to be regulated. Directly with or indirectly

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Spidermon: 6:47am On Sep 14, 2020
This thing go affect Action Bitters gaan if enforced
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Emyogalanya: 7:11am On Sep 14, 2020
Adakintroy:

It's all about affordability. Cheap access. Igbo is #50 naira one tie. Anybody in the street can afford it. Work out a way of making it 500, and you eliminate so many users. End.

Get this people to rely on their natural senses more that's the end game. The drug abuse is excessive. Not only achohol man. Go to oshodu under bridge, they sell Igbo in the open in broad day light.

The other time it was codein, tramador, so many nonsense in circulation.

It has to be regulated. Directly with or indirectly
The comparism holds no water at all . One is a lawful substance the other is not. So don't even bring it in. The police can take you in for possesing a #50 igbo as well as 1m igbo not same for alcohol. Your point is lost, its like saying cocain price should be regulated too.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Adakintroy: 7:23am On Sep 14, 2020
Emyogalanya:
The comparism holds no water at all . One is a lawful substance the other is not. So don't even bring it in. The police can take you in for possesing a #50 igbo as well as 1m igbo not same for alcohol. Your point is lost, its like saying cocain price should be regulated too.

It is the same point your just slow and big on officiality even thou you don't know what officiality is. The point I made was cheap easy access. The examples was Igbo. Which is technically official since it's sold in the open. The example may not be accurate enough by your reckoning, but that does not invalidate the point which is " cheap easy access"

If it's sold for 500 naira a bottle then it takes out so many people from access. Which is the main focus.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Emyogalanya: 7:30am On Sep 14, 2020
Adakintroy:

500 can control abuse more.
a man has 50 and another has 500 as their last card who will be more careful in spending surely the one with #50 will not spend anyhow. Am also sure you know that a man who has one bag of rice at home will tend to eat less than a man who has 50 bags of rice in his store. Who also sponsor terrorism around the world, is it the one with little or the one with more ? So he who has more alcohol in his hands at any point will tend to drink. Note it has nothing to do with affordability, But availability. The poor driver, keke etc hardly have time for very heavy drinking and partying. They only do that 50 and move on its those that have money that often get drunk and hit the road and crash their cars. So pls allow them enjoy their N50 THING
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by alloy123: 7:42am On Sep 14, 2020
Wetin we go now.I go buy my own nylon de pour my own chelsea myself grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Adakintroy: 7:48am On Sep 14, 2020
Emyogalanya:
a man has 50 and another has 500 as their last card who will be more careful in spending surely the one with #50 will not spend anyhow. Am also sure you know that a man who has one bag of rice at home will tend to eat less than a man who has 50 bags of rice in his store. Who also sponsor terrorism around the world, is it the one with little or the one with more ? So he who has more alcohol in his hands at any point will tend to drink. Note it has nothing to do with affordability, But availability. The poor driver, keke etc hardly have time for very heavy drinking and partying. They only do that 50 and move on its those that have money that often get drunk and hit the road and crash their cars. So pls allow them enjoy their N50 THING

Oga they are trying to eliminate drugs. Some of all this achohol are rubbish not even approved by nafdac. Achohol =liver problem and Desease. There is nothing to enjoy there but death.

You just don't care for this people. That's your problem. They will complain but in the long the long run they will save their money and they will be better for it. Achohol no be food. I don't drink and am still alive. Shocking right?
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Emyogalanya: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2020
Adakintroy:

It is the same point your just slow and big on officiality even thou you don't know what officiality is. The point I made was cheap easy access. The examples was Igbo. Which is technically official since it's sold in the open. The example may not be accurate enough by your reckoning, but that does not invalidate the point which is " cheap easy access"

If it's sold for 500 naira a bottle then it takes out so many people from access. Which is the main focus.

igbo is sold in the open ? Where? alcohol is an open business to all except under 18. So why do weed sellers hide when police is around. Not so for beer . While your point is well noted on availability, however since the point of government is on abuse and not on availability. For instance two of us go out to buy drink. I buy N50 while you bought 500 of aromantic shnapp. And someone says to both of any one of who finishes his own in one minute and runs down the street will win 10k.who will win
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by ChiefJusticeFuc: 7:54am On Sep 14, 2020
Shey we tell una say Buhari go ban Orijin
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by ebuka1997: 8:01am On Sep 14, 2020
AceRoyal:
Is that what is needed now?
Is this what is most important?
Government is struggling with stimulating and balancing the economy, yet they want to further close/kill businesses that are generating scarce revenue for the economy.
The only source of joy, enjoyment and happiness to the common, poor masses they want to take it away admist the serious economic and social hardship this country is currently experiencing.

The day revolution will happen in this country, it might be sparked by something so small, something like this that they think has no consequence but greatly affects the common man.

This country right now is without clear cut direction.
May God help us.

P.S- For those of me quoting me and accusing me of been a drunk, you guys should think and try to see beyond your nose, religious sentiments, moral hypocrisy and economic ignorance.
Do you know how much these companies generate in revenue for the government and people?
Let's not talk based on just sentiments but economic common sense at this time of dwindling foreign reserves and economic ressession.
If I have my way I'll also advocate for the government to legalise/control, cultivate as well as engage in aggressive exportation of Cannabis sativa(weed).
Oil will soon be a thing of the past.
Our government should invest heavily in agriculture and technology if we are to stay afloat economically.

Na lie, they can point gun on the head of us Nigerians, we still have that survival spirit. No protest still, Nigerians are used to hardship
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Emyogalanya: 8:03am On Sep 14, 2020
Adakintroy:

Oga they are trying to eliminate drugs. Some of all this achohol are rubbish not even approved by nafdac. Achohol =liver problem and Desease. There is nothing to enjoy there but death.

You just don't care for this people. That's your problem. They will complain but in the long the long run they will save their money and they will be better for it. Achohol no be food. I don't drink and am still alive. Shocking right?
and you think i breathe its vapours no i don't. What i'm saying is this policy will only increase its sales. Now the ones that can manage N50 A day will now be forced to use feeding money to make it up. And once its in their hands they will not drink 50 out of it and keep the rest they will finish it at once. While with 50 they will put in their mouth and be working but the 500 they will leave work bring glass sit down and waste time , at the end they will be weak for work. Allow him that 50 and let him continue work. Simple
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Adakintroy: 8:39am On Sep 14, 2020
Emyogalanya:
and you think i breathe its vapours no i don't. What i'm saying is this policy will only increase its sales. Now the ones that can manage N50 A day will now be forced to use feeding money to make it up. And once its in their hands they will not drink 50 out of it and keep the rest they will finish it at once. While with 50 they will put in their mouth and be working but the 500 they will leave work bring glass sit down and waste time , at the end they will be weak for work. Allow him that 50 and let him continue work. Simple

That's just your theory of what might not be.

Reduce it from reach first. We work from there forward. We saw the menace of tramedor recently. Many drunk drivers on the road. We not even talking the fall out problem of addictions and all. Even with my clear sense i struggle, not to talk of someone under the influence. Let's reduce it. Not eliminate it. There is a way to do that. It's not astro physics.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by greenguy: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2020
Trash...they know it's impossible.

Except you make Alcohol illegal.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Lordbuhari(f): 10:16am On Sep 14, 2020
Optimistdude:
Ban it totally, except for cake bakers

everybody go become cake baker na
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Sallywest62(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2020
daddytime:
Good. Water sachet should follow.
�����
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Syrusvirus: 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
grin[size=8pt][/size]
wagazala:

see you attributing an addict to the size of bottle. Do you think size will deter anyone from drinking? Men will 'form voltron' and buy bigger bottles, thereafter share into ragolis bottles. And guess what, they will get more quantity for lesser the price.

What this law does is encourage people to drink more actually.
grin
wagazala:

see you attributing an addict to the size of bottle. Do you think size will deter anyone from drinking? Men will 'form voltron' and buy bigger bottles, thereafter share into ragolis bottles. And guess what, they will get more quantity for lesser the price.

What this law does is encourage people to drink more actually.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sami Ashoko Arrested As NDLEA Busts Drug Cartel In Edo, Nasarawa, FCT / US Mormon Families, Including 6 Kids, Executed On Road By Mexican Cartel(Photos) / My Wife Prays For Me Before I Go For Robbery Operations (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.