Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene (57462 Views)

Man Dies After Gulping Full Bottle Of Alcohol In One Shot (Pics/Video) / Lifeless Body Of A Baby In Polythene Bag Found In Umuahia Street (Disturbing Pix / Man Caught With A Woman's Severed Head In A Polythene Bag In Graphic Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Toosure70: 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
Danzakidakura:
Most of those supporting this news above are the main drunks, but they will be pretending here. Taah gerarahia mhen.
cigarette must also be banned . because alcohol affects only the drinker while cigarettes affect both smoker and person around
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Hedonisco: 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Nigeria and its useless government. A country/government that delights in majoring in minors. We have all kinds of problems, but banning sachet alcohol is a priority.

Very useless country.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by MARSHARE(m): 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
It is not fair ooh!!!
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Adakintroy: 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
AceRoyal:
Is that what is needed now?
Is this what is most important?
Government is struggling with stimulating and balancing the economy, yet they want to further close/kill businesses that are generating scarce revenue for the economy.
The only source of joy, enjoyment and happiness to the common, poor masses they want to take it away admist the serious economic and social hardship this country is currently experiencing.

The day revolution will happen in this country, it might be sparked by something so small, something like this that they think has no consequence but greatly affects the common man.

This country right now is without clear cut direction.
May God help us.

P.S- For those of me quoting me and accusing me of been a drunk, you guys should think and try to see beyond your nose, religious sentiments, moral hypocrisy and economic ignorance.
Do you know how much these companies generate in revenue for the government and people?
Let's not talk based on just sentiments but economic common sense at this time of dwindling foreign reserves and economic ressession.
If I have my way I'll also advocate for the government to legalise/control, cultivate as well as engage in aggressive exportation of Cannabis sativa(weed).
Oil will soon be a thing of the past.
Our government should invest heavily in agriculture and technology if we are to stay afloat economically.

Apart from economic benefits, ask yourself what benefit is achohol to man. Can we do without it?. We are not talking food here but drug abuse. Pay attention. Utility and functions. To what end is the many consumption of achohol by people who can do without it?

Let the people be sick so the economy can be healthy.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by AceRoyal: 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
Dayvidblue:
But wait oo, if we engage in mass cultivation of weeds, who do we then sell it to?

Cannabis sativa is a widely sought after goods world wide now.
Google it and you'll be surprised.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Ghokes(m): 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
We nor go gree
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by AceRoyal: 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Adakintroy:

Apart from economic benefits, ask yourself what benefit is achohol to man. Can we do without it?. We are not talking food here but drug abuse. Pay attention. Utility and functions. To what end is the many consumption of achohol by people who can do without it?
Alcohol has always been (and will always be) part of the way of life of societies for thousands of years.
Alcohol has so many benefits, I do not have the time to lecture you, Google can do justice to that.

Peace smiley
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by ThatFairGuy1: 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ologogoro:

Hope you're good ?
Sure grin.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Adakintroy: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
AceRoyal:

Alcohol has always been (and will always be) part of the way of life of societies for thousands of years.
Alcohol has so many benefits, I do not have the time to lecture you, Google can do justice to that.

Peace smiley

You can't lecture me because you don't know as you claim. Nobody is not talking about use but ab_use". Wrong usage. Pay attention.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Dayvidblue: 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
AceRoyal:

Cannabis sativa is a widely sought after goods world wide now.
Google it and you'll be surprised.

Very laughable.
But do you intend to market em legally or otherwise?
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by mousco(m): 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
This news will affect the following group of persons:-

Bus drivers
Conductors
Aguero
Bricklayers
Policemen that collect matching

Feel free to add yours
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Phemostiga4u: 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
bolaayenimo:
They ban i better pass my neighbour generator four years ago. It's still available in the market
.am just hearing it from you that they ban iy
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by igwedubai2(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
It'ss just a plan suggestions by the fgn. They can never got back their again to really make it works as they plan[sub][/sub]
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by AceRoyal: 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by wagazala: 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
Syrusvirus:
but you cry when a drunk trigger happy officer kills a man or you are been rob by one addicted to those small green green bottles...

see you attributing an addict to the size of bottle. Do you think size will deter anyone from drinking? Men will 'form voltron' and buy bigger bottles, thereafter share into ragolis bottles. And guess what, they will get more quantity for lesser the price.

What this law does is encourage people to drink more actually.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by webizone(m): 9:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
Una never see anything. If El Rufai venture win presidency, forget it. Even to breathe may be banned sef. The guy just dey pursue people from market dey ban every possible thing for Kaduna.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by simplesearch: 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Long overdue. You don't kill yourself because someone you expected to give you assistant refuse to do so. Responsibility however goes beyond banning, it is rather by providing a viable alternative like making milk cheap and affordable. Also Providing an enabling environment for the young minds to thrive and display their latent ability, this way they'll have something tangible to live for than hover around poison packaged in sachets that will eventually damage their internal organs, causing them more harm than good.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by freeman131: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
International distillers and others at idiroko road go hear am
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by DEROX: 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
2cribz:
I cant do without blackwood plastic, baron and raw papers.
you are a real niggar
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by meobizy(f): 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
I do not care. These things block gutters and the drinkers cause the most nuisance in streets.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Dpundict: 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
Just say you are islamising the whole issue of alcohol consumption. we will still have it in gallons whether you ban it or not. It is a choice to drink or not. And by the way people who are employed in the packaging line will now be laid off and you people say you are creating job?

Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Platony(m): 11:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
Abeg, mk dem free us with our
sachet Action Bitters oo
cool cool
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Salmoneus(m): 11:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
vikkimimi:
Aha! Bad news for those boys who take it as breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as snacks....e go red for them to buy bottle with #50
Hello babe.. shocked
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by MakindeHassan: 12:28am On Sep 14, 2020
Good idea.. wrong timing. Until Nigerians are ready. Na like this we go dey go happily
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by ELgordo(m): 1:02am On Sep 14, 2020
Chai!!!! Ori maluuuuuuu!
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Emyogalanya: 3:28am On Sep 14, 2020
vikkimimi:
Aha! Bad news for those boys who take it as breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as snacks....e go red for them to buy bottle with #50
no its a bad policy . Why the #50 sachet is not realy harmful to the body if taken in the manner you stated. Now look at it this way if it cost 500 per bottle , and one is now armed with one big bottle do you even think he will drink a just sachet size out of it and keep the rest ? Very unlikely right ? Some may be tempted to finish all at once. Because its in his hands and bought with his own money. The result is high concetration of alcohol in his body at a given time. And if he does not finish it at once. And gives it to his child to keep it. Then the temptation is there for the children. In two words wrong policy
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Emyogalanya: 3:40am On Sep 14, 2020
Adakintroy:

Let the people be sick so the economy can be healthy.
Look at it this way : the sachet can guarantee moderation but a big bottle will not. I'm basing my arguement on the season given by government. Which is abuse of alcohol.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Emyogalanya: 3:47am On Sep 14, 2020
Adakintroy:

You can't lecture me because you don't know as you claim. Nobody is not talking about use but ab_use". Wrong usage. Pay attention.
Sachet of #50 and bottle of #500 which one can control abuse more?
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Emyogalanya: 3:54am On Sep 14, 2020
Phemostiga4u:
.am just hearing it from you that they ban iy
you must be in great shock right now. Just like the man who banned it will equally be shocked to know that its still in the market
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by imagrg(m): 4:15am On Sep 14, 2020
Ignoramus!
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by JaneYave(f): 5:05am On Sep 14, 2020
'Bans' and 'indicated plans to ban' have different meanings Bro.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Adakintroy: 6:13am On Sep 14, 2020
Emyogalanya:
Sachet of #50 and bottle of #500 which one can control abuse more?

500 can control abuse more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US Mormon Families, Including 6 Kids, Executed On Road By Mexican Cartel(Photos) / Sami Ashoko Arrested As NDLEA Busts Drug Cartel In Edo, Nasarawa, FCT / 13-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.