Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife (15517 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by kisskriss: 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2011
really sad 

Their last born even said i was rude for talking to my wife quietly while she was right there.

I begged my wife to tell her mother(my wife doesn't want to tell her for unknown reason and i told her it'll be unfair not to inform her about it) that she was pregnant with our second baby only for her mother to ask her if that is next thing for her to do while i was standing there.i was shocked cos i ve never complained of any financial problem to her before.

Her younger sister gave my wife number to her past toaster or whatever is being called

I don't know what to do,i m really confused about this my in-laws.

I can go on and on
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Dsense(m): 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2011
OP.
Sorry . . . . .Go and get a new job first . , . cheesy cheesy
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by kisskriss: 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2011
I used to be d most happiest guy on earth before i got married but since i got married,sadness has become , lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Dsense(m): 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2011
It seems your In-law expect much from you,so work hard to meet their needs,Otherwise your wife might leave due to theri pressure on her . . . . . . . .Go and look for any job asap . . . .I don tell you oo cheesy
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Dyt(f): 1:13am On Feb 25, 2011
Well young man
u havnt seen anyth yet
tis jst d beginin
only wen u start bein d real man dey want
mayb u tk 2 Dsense advice or go get d moni d hard way
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by 25omega(m): 1:23am On Feb 25, 2011
D-sense:

It seems your In-law expect much from you,so work hard to meet their needs,Otherwise your wife might leave due to theri pressure on her . . . . . . . .Go and look for any job asap . . . .I don tell you oo cheesy
Are you kidding ^^^ i hope so

poster your wife and her family knew you before you all got married so if nothing has changed you need to be more assertive and speak up for yourself. if they are disrespecting you it must be that you are broke as a joke and they feed your family of you live under their roof. even if that was the case they have no right to talk recless to you so speak up. you dont have to live up to their expectation you only have to live up to taking care of your family
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Nobody: 3:08am On Feb 25, 2011
kisskriss:

I used to be d most happiest guy on earth before i got married but since i got married,sadness has become , lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@topic, maybe you are also doing something bad.

Everyone wouldn't just turn against you like that. Watch your actions.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by ShyOne(f): 3:10am On Feb 25, 2011
if my family disrespects my mate

they will go

he will stay

i definitely won't be joining in with them against him - once you marry - that mate becomes your closest family member
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by 190: 3:14am On Feb 25, 2011
Shy-One:

if my family disrespects my mate

they will go

he will stay

i definitely won't be joining in with them against him - once you marry - that mate becomes your closest family member

u are blessed among women
not nitwits among them
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by LadyT(f): 3:39am On Feb 25, 2011
Thats out of order. Its obvious your wives family dont want her to have a settled home.

I suggest you discuss it with your wife to rein in her crazy family or else. Dont be a doormat for anyone.

S h i t t y inlaws need to be put into check.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Dsense(m): 1:09pm On Feb 25, 2011
25omega:

Are you kidding ^^^ i hope so
poster your wife and her family knew you before you all got married so if nothing has changed you need to be more assertive and speak up for yourself. if they are disrespecting you it must be that you are broke as a joke and they feed your family of you live under their roof. even if that was the case they have no right to talk recless to you so speak up. you dont have to live up to their expectation you only have to live up to taking care of your family
Do i look like Basketmouth? grin grin
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by ifyalways(f): 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2011
kisskriss:

really sad 

Their last born even said i was rude for talking to my wife quietly while she was right there. 1.

I begged my wife to tell her mother 2.(my wife doesn't want to tell her for unknown reason and i told her it'll be unfair not to inform her about it) that she was pregnant with our second baby only for her mother to ask her if that is next thing for her to do while i was standing there.i was shocked cos i ve never complained of any financial problem to her before.

Her younger sister gave my wife number to her past toaster or whatever is being called 3.

I don't know what to do,i m really confused about this my in-laws.

I can go on and on
1.,How did it happen?Is she living with u guys?So a man does not have the liberty of talking with/to his wife anytime he wants,cos of some funky relatives?did your wife witness her sister calling u rude and what was her reaction?
2.Please Man-up jare.Why should you "beg" your wife to tell her own mother anything?You wud bribe her then to tell YOUR own mum ni  cheesy If your wife decides not to tell her OWN mum that she is pregnant,that is NO biz of urs.
3. How did u find out?Did the ex call or your wife told u?
I can't resist but ask If u are gainfully employed  undecided
Carry your eye commot for how your wife decides to treat her mum and siblings and IF u are living with any relative,make/coerce/force them to go . . .your home shld not be a Mecca/Jerusalem for anyone.Visits shld be what it is . . visit and go,no extension of visa/stay/over stay of any type. cool
Be and act a man,your wife wud respect u.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by akano1: 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2011
i agree with 250 mega i once fall into similar situation especially if your inlaws are the one that got you the job or by one way or the other they had help carrying your financial problem in the past. but i know this could not be a yardstick to this insult. you have to stood your ground as a man and protect your own immediate home. my friend am not saying you shoud disrespect your inlaws or blame them for their behaviour towards you.
see my advice for you is that NOT ALL CLOTH YOU SPREAD UNDER THE SUN and don't go looking for money in hard way just because you want to satisfy your inlaws please be contented with what you have and believe GOD for upliftment in your work. always open your mind to you wife so that she can trust you, i believe the battle is for both of you not only one man. be wise
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by legba1(m): 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2011
Are you working or somthing?Doeas your wife's family help you out with sundry expenses or you're the bread winner of your family?Do you leave in your in-laws house or they are the ones visiting?Stand up and be the man in your house.fi you've got the resources to takia of your wife,its no body's business when you get your wife in the family way,except they helped you out a great deal the last time you guys had a baby.wateva,do something else, they'll tear your home apart.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by mrman3(m): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
Which tribe is ur wife?
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by kisskriss: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2011
@rokiatu,i ve got no reason to lie against them and i can swear on my life that i ve been good to them. It still remain a mystery to me.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by kisskriss: 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2011
@legba,i ve lost my job
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by kisskriss: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2011
she(wife) came to tell me that her younger sister said i was rude for talking to her quietly.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dayokanu(m): 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2011
kisskriss:

@legba,i ve lost my job

This explains it

Naija women would make your life horrible when you dont have a job. Why not just travel to another place and try to get any kind of job even if na hustling job. Free all those your wife and her family.

N.B: Guy you sef no get job and you still get liver to give person belle. I bow for you o
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by delimit(m): 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2011
Bros, you have a long way to go.
Go for fasting and prayer for a good job since you have lost your job now.
You have not seen anything yet this is just the beginning.
you are now the wife while your wife is the husband,if you are not very careful they will send you packing from the house.
You really need PRAYER and FASTING for turn a around in your life
NO MONEY NO LOVE NO WIFE NO IN-LAW
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Shinatu: 2:35pm On Feb 25, 2011
dayokanu:

This explains it

Naija women would make your life horrible when you dont have a job. Why not just travel to another place and try to get any kind of job even if na hustling job. Free all those your wife and her family.

N.B: Guy you sef no get job and you still get liver to give person belle. I bow for you o

That's exactly what the inlaws were trying to tell him
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dave2(m): 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2011
Please, can somebody show me where the poster said he does not have a job?
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dayokanu(m): 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2011
kisskriss:

@legba,i ve lost my job

You see am?
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Intrepid1(m): 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2011
Dude, even if you are out of a job sef! Put your foot down and tell them fuckin' relatives to back off! Dem no born one smallie make e tell me say I dey rude 'cos I dey follow my wife talk! I go beat am die!
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by fameissues(f): 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2011
Take it easy bro, you need to find out the root of the problem
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by tyson55(m): 3:11pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Poster -Dude, take it easy and try to find something doing for the time being. You should'nt go to the extreme to please ur inlaws, or else you be in a mess and before you knows it, she did be married to someone else. You know what i mean. Don't you?
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dbigrod(m): 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2011
I dont know why some people are trying to justify the cruel action of the in laws. i would advice that u kick them out of your house.Are u not a man? be a man,act and stop lamemting like a kid.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by coolcore: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2011
my friend can i say the truth to i was once in your shoes without a job for three (3) years my wife never brought my inlaws into disrespecting me for once instead they honour as if i was the one giving all the money if your wife truly love you she will stay by you and warn her people right now i have a very good job offshore with good salary i pray for you to find same favour amen

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by MissyB3(f): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2011
dayokanu:

This explains it

grin grin grin
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by omododo: 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2011
just pray and work hand in hand with ur wife. trying time are not forever.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by geeluck: 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2011
@poster you no be the man Abi na your inlaws dey feed you Do like a man, caution them and if they refuse to listen then do it manly,
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dayokanu(m): 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2011
d bigrod:

I dont know why some people are trying to justify the cruel action of the in laws. i would advice that u kick them out of your house.Are u not a man? be a man,act and stop lamemting like a kid.

Guess who paid for the house?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? / Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.