Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. (956 Views)

How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife / How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / How Do I Deal With This Issues Between My Wife And I? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by wizzy41(m): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Since my dad turned into a broke man,his attitude towards us has changed from bad to worst,he doesn't have any regards for any one in my family including my mum,most times he trys beating her,my dad doesn't contribute for anything in my family any longer,the worst part of it is,he lays insults on us for just a little thing,I n my sister together with my mom do contribute for our house rent,my dad does no contribution,most times d way he begs me for money makes me feel weather if am d dad to him or a son to him,I should be d one asking for money but d reserve is d case,my mum tries,I n my sisters work too,she lives for market very early in d morning by 5:30am to ensure that my siblings eat for the day,to my greatest suprise my dad was having a misunderstanding with my mum very early in d morning,he called my mum a LovePeddler that she source her income from her sugar daddies,imagine,he's wahala is too much for us to bear. :PSince my dad turned into a broke man,his attitude towards us has changed from bad to worst,he doesn't have any regards for any one in my family including my mum,most times he trys beating her,my dad doesn't contribute for anything in my family any longer,the worst part of it is,he lays insults on us for just a little thing,I n my sister together with my mom do contribute for our house rent,my dad does no contribution,most times d way he begs me for money makes me feel weather if am d dad to him or a son to him,I should be d one asking for money but d reserve is d case,my mum tries,I n my sisters work too,she lives for market very early in d morning by 5:30am to ensure that my siblings eat for the day,to my greatest suprise my dad was having a misunderstanding with my mum very early in d morning,he called my mum a LovePeddler that she source her income from her sugar daddies,imagine,he's wahala is too much for us to bear.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by Dami4life: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
wizzy41:
Since my dad turned into a broke man,his attitude towards us has changed from bad to worst,he doesn't have any regards for any one in my family including my mum,most times he trys beating her,my dad doesn't contribute for anything in my family any longer, he's just broke n lazy,the worst part of it is,he lays insults on us for just a little thing,I n my sister together with my mom do contribute for our house rent,my dad does no contribution,most times d way he begs me for money makes me feel weather if am d dad to him or a son to him,I should be d one asking for money but d reserve is d case,my mum tries so hard to put food on d table,she lives for market very early in d morning by 5:30am to ensure that we eat for the day,to my greatest suprise my dad was having a misunderstanding with my mum very early in d morning,he called my mum a LovePeddler that she source her income from her sugar daddies,imagine someone that doesn't even makes an attempt to put food on d table talk more of observing other fatherly responsibility,most times I feel that he should be erased from existence, he's wahala is too much for us to bear.
there's nothing you can do except to wait and hope he calms down and changes just take heart and don't worry about it too thinking kills
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by daddytime(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Una matter be like my former neighbors "baba Nepa and him family" for our face me I face you house for mafoluku those days.

Na comedy every day and night when mama Nepa and her children go gather dey beat baba Nepa especially when him don go drink come back.
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by padi94(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Okay
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by LawLab247: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2020
Chai
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by decatalyst(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
wizzy41:
Since my dad turned into a broke man,his attitude towards us has changed from bad to worst,he doesn't have any regards for any one in my family including my mum,most times he trys beating her,my dad doesn't contribute for anything in my family any longer, he's just broke n lazy,the worst part of it is,he lays insults on us for just a little thing,I n my sister together with my mom do contribute for our house rent,my dad does no contribution,most times d way he begs me for money makes me feel weather if am d dad to him or a son to him,I should be d one asking for money but d reserve is d case,my mum tries so hard to put food on d table,she lives for market very early in d morning by 5:30am to ensure that we eat for the day,to my greatest suprise my dad was having a misunderstanding with my mum very early in d morning,he called my mum a LovePeddler that she source her income from her sugar daddies,imagine someone that doesn't even makes an attempt to put food on d table talk more of observing other fatherly responsibility,most times I feel that he should be erased from existence, he's wahala is too much for us to bear.

I understand how you feel...but you have to assume the head of the family role till he gets his bearings, bro.

This is the time he needs you most. That man is going through hundreds of things at the same time, in his head, and he is too sad, down and ashamed to share it. That's why he feigns "nonchalant" towards you guys.

I pray he finds his footings very soon. You guys can make his burden lighter by both making him feel bad.

Good luck bro.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by Jafar1: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
there's nothing you can do except to wait and hope he calms down and changes just take heart and don't worry about it too thinking kills

Hope makes us weak...

Op, how old are u 1st?
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Support him the best you can, I would understand his frustration rather than look down on it.

4 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by bukatyne(f): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
wizzy41:

This is your mother's fight.

My fear is that she has been subservient (not submissive) for so long that putting her foot down now would be viewed as 'misbehaving because your dad is broke'.

Since you know your dad is broke (obviously he won't be able to provide), you can give him stipends weekly than waiting for him to beg you. That begging is enough to break him especially if he provided for you guys prior to his recent brokenness.

You can also engage him when he is calm on his vision for the family and if you guys are living up to it.

You can also appreciate him for the things he did well for the past to give him hope and drive for the future.

By the way, what changed his fortune negatively? What made him broke?

Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by wizzy41(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
daddytime:
Una matter be like my former neighbors "baba Nepa and him family" for our face me I face you house for mafoluku those days.

Na comedy every day and night when mama Nepa and her children go gather dey beat baba Nepa especially when him don go drink come back.
we ain't staying in a face me apartment,we rented a flat.
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by wizzy41(m): 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
decatalyst:

I understand how you feel...but you have to assume the head of the family role till he gets his bearings, bro.

This is the time he needs you most. That man is going through hundreds of things at the same time, in his head, and he is too sad, down and ashamed to share it. That's why he feigns "nonchalant" towards you guys.

I pray he finds his footings very soon. You guys can make his burden lighter by both making him feel bad.

Good luck bro.
I understood boss but d fact is, he's been this way even when he has money, just that d situation just turned to worst
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by Ghallant01(m): 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
Anyway I don't really interfere to others people family matters.... But this your statement really hooked me down

wizzy41:
Since my dad turned into a broke man.
he's just broke n lazy.
he begs me for money makes me feel weather if am d dad to him.
I feel that he should be erased from existence

It may be inability to provide for the family that why his attitude change negatively, it also happen to most of the family man (person wey dey provide for the family before) that feelings really hurts bro...

No matter what the situation is, don't ever rain insult on your parents....

I want you to understand that This life na turn by turn and things has turned the way you didn't expect. It wasn't his fault I want you to remember that one day you will also become a father....

But instead of insulting him you can also control the situation, guy you are also a man you can also take the responsibility a little you can you shouldn't expect your innocent mum to be othe one doing everything for the family.

Lastly I want you to understand that insulting him doest solve anything....
So man up

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by donbachi(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
E don be,be sey e don be...who get money make him help.e no reach to come public and wish ur father never existed.afterall,there was a time he was there for u all.try and stand by ur father.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by wizzy41(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ghallant01:
Anyway I don't really interfere to others people family matters.... But this your statement really hooked me down

It may be inability to provide for the family that why his attitude change negatively, it also happen to most of the family man (person wey dey provide for the family before) that feelings really hurts bro...

No matter what the situation is, don't ever rain insult on your parents....

I want you to understand that This life na turn by turn and things has turned the way you didn't expect. It wasn't his fault I want you to remember that one day you will also become a father....

But instead of insulting him you can also control the situation, guy you are also a man you can also take the responsibility a little you can you shouldn't expect your innocent mum to be othe one doing everything for the family.

Lastly I want you to understand that insulting him doest solve anything....
So man up

Of course she ain't d only one making contributions,I do help out too in most family related financial problems.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
May God no allow me broke to the extent my son go insult me.
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by ecomalchemist(m): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
You really need to sit your old boy down and talk to him.

Buy two bottles of mortuary cold standard trophy, one for you...one for him.. and look him eyeballs to eyeballs while you talk sense into him. I'm certain he doesn't like his financial status at the moment...there's this saying that goes thus 'A man without money is a SLAY QUEEN'. Also warn him not to talk to your mother that way.

Give him money occasionally but not frequently.
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by Richy4(m): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Giving your dad money should not even be an issue. The way u were saying that your dad was begging you made it look like a neighbour was asking for money.

Your dad is frustrated at the moment. Bear in mind that it might take time before reversing to the original state...

Please advise your mum to be a little patient with him.. loosing a job and source of income could be really hard for anyone who has gone through that..

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by mariahAngel(f): 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
wizzy41:
Since my dad turned into a broke man,his attitude towards us has changed from bad to worst,he doesn't have any regards for any one in my family including my mum,most times he trys beating her,my dad doesn't contribute for anything in my family any longer,the worst part of it is,he lays insults on us for just a little thing,I n my sister together with my mom do contribute for our house rent,my dad does no contribution,most times d way he begs me for money makes me feel weather if am d dad to him or a son to him,I should be d one asking for money but d reserve is d case,my mum tries,I n my sisters work too,she lives for market very early in d morning by 5:30am to ensure that my siblings eat for the day,to my greatest suprise my dad was having a misunderstanding with my mum very early in d morning,he called my mum a LovePeddler that she source her income from her sugar daddies,imagine,he's wahala is too much for us to bear. :PSince my dad turned into a broke man,his attitude towards us has changed from bad to worst,he doesn't have any regards for any one in my family including my mum,most times he trys beating her,my dad doesn't contribute for anything in my family any longer,the worst part of it is,he lays insults on us for just a little thing,I n my sister together with my mom do contribute for our house rent,my dad does no contribution, most times d way he begs me for money makes me feel weather if am d dad to him or a son to him,I should be d one asking for money but d reserve is d case, my mum tries,I n my sisters work too,she lives for market very early in d morning by 5:30am to ensure that my siblings eat for the day,to my greatest suprise my dad was having a misunderstanding with my mum very early in d morning,he called my mum a LovePeddler that she source her income from her sugar daddies,imagine,he's wahala is too much for us to bear.
How old are you? I ask because of the bolded

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by LadySarah: 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
When you grow to be a father you will understand.

The worst thing that can break a man is not having money. It makes them feel like not in control and cNbring out the demon in them.

Don't wait for him to beg. You can make it like a lil pocket money something. Talk with him. Encourage him. Show him that you are a true son but also tell him that your mum isn't a love peddler.

You can wake him at nite for this talk. Also pray with him.

Such situation can turn a man to drinking or womanizing if not adequately handled.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by Zoe99(f): 8:46am On Sep 14, 2020
A man's ego lies in being able to provide for,lead and protect his family and since he can't provide currently,he feels he has lost his regard or status as the man of the house so he's trying to show that he's still the head in negative ways.Some people don't handle bad situations well.I believe you all can try to make him see that you all still respect him by treating him the way you did before he became broke.He still needs to see that you still respect him and have regard for him as the man of the house despite his inability to provide.I believe he'll behave better.This is similar to a case of a secondary school boy who bullies his mates and does that just to feel better about himself cos of his low self-esteem.Don't bring up his incapability to provide in discussions or arguments cos it'll hurt him further.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by dahmie2013: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2020
Op, please be patient. I have been through this situation & believe me I understand you perfectly. It is frustrating when you expect him to be supportive, but now antagonizing all the efforts of your mum. We outsiders can only be objective, but you alone know were the shoe is pinching you.

I recommend if you are a Christian, pray for him. Help him in searching for a job. Buy him newspapers, just think of something that can keep him busy. He needs love. Sometimes the fear of loosing his family is what can make him react that way. Get closer to him now especially if he wasn't like this before. Please try not to abandon him. Let him still feel he is still the man of the house & nothing has changed that.
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by merieam16(f): 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
U er a guy i guess u should understand better. His broke so wat do u expect.The truth is most guys dont kno how to control themselves wen been broke, they will start becoming touchy and cranky

U need to be patience with him nd also try support him in ur little way
Re: Please How Do I Deal With My Dad's Attitude. by Dami4life: 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2020
Jafar1:

Hope makes us weak...

Op, how old are u 1st?
14�

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Model Silvercrest Blender / Is It Wrong For A Male To Live In Thesame Room With A Female Cousin Off Home? / I Need An Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.