Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,547,279 members, 5,864,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 September 2020 at 04:51 AM

The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu (15472 Views)

Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) / Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes Forbes Highest Paid NBA Players 2018 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by saajus: 2:58pm On Sep 14
He would massively improve any team he goes. I would love him to stay in Milwaukee and be historic but, sports career is short. For his legacy to be solid, he needs to win Championship and I doubt he can achieve that at Milwaukee without a second strong duo that can consistently average 25ppg.

Acehart:

Yes, the most probable destination is Golden State; but you wouldn’t want him to suffer the emotional blackmail KD suffered. If it is possible to join the Clippers, it would be a wonderful move.
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by Nostradamus: 3:20pm On Sep 14
This guy can't shoot well on the court.

VBCampaign,kindly make an article on my boy,the new Dwayne wade,the skillful shooting guard that terrify defenders,the inestimable jewel of Indianapolis.

The one and the only Victor oladipo.

My love for Mr.feathery knows no bound.watching him play as he crosses opponents gives me an orgasm. cool cool

Btw,i feel giannis should move to Philadelphia 76ers.i have a feeling the sixers will be cool for him(the truth is I want to see him and embiid playing together).
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by Acehart: 3:38pm On Sep 14
dairykidd:

Okay thanks for the info.. i go try check them out. Appreciate bruv

No wahala. Towards the end of road 2.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by obibanks: 3:48pm On Sep 14
kayjay69:
From what I gather, the story goes it was a mistake made on the part of the Greek authorities when he was issued a passport.

He did not change his name to gain acceptance in the country he emigrated to.

This is exactly what happened. If you even check 2013 draft predictions, you'll see he's referred to as Adetokunbo. The mistake was from the passport processing. The issue is Greeks don't have d and b in their alphabets so when you transcribe Adetokunbo in Greek, NT replaces D and MP replaces B. Antetokounmpo is still pronounced as Adetokunbo in Greek but Americans just pronounce the name as it's written

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by Tedpgrass: 5:26pm On Sep 14
God bless him, his brothers and mother..
Dad's looking down, full of pride - - RIP.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by kayjay69(m): 5:55pm On Sep 14
You too much mehn, thanks for clearing it up.
obibanks:

This is exactly what happened. If you even check 2013 draft predictions, you'll see he's referred to as Adetokunbo. The mistake was from the passport processing. The issue is Greeks don't have d and b in their alphabets so when you transcribe Adetokunbo in Greek, NT replaces D and MP replaces B. Antetokounmpo is still pronounced as Adetokunbo in Greek but Americans just pronounce the name as it's written

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by sesan85(m): 5:56pm On Sep 14
Acehart:

His mother is Igbo. Would she cook Amala and Ewedu for her children? Try read before you show market people how you be.
Yeah, his mother is Igbo, but he is Yoruba
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by sesan85(m): 5:57pm On Sep 14
GBOKASINCHA:
Never knew he had an igbo mother nowonder he looks more igbo

You mean he looks like Mr. Ibu?
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by Acehart: 6:19pm On Sep 14
sesan85:
Yeah, his mother is Igbo, but he is Yoruba

Of course. I just wanted to scuff at that guys wickedness and bigotry.
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by dairykidd(m): 6:26pm On Sep 14
Acehart:

No wahala. Towards the end of road 2.
Thanks again...you're too much
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by obidaddy: 8:22pm On Sep 14
Once any Nigerian leaves this shithole of a country and by sheer hard work or talent, makes a mark for themselves, you guys will quickly jump in to lay claim and famz them as Nigerians.

Shit hole country full of hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by japhetizzer96: 8:32pm On Sep 14
As fast as I'm concerned,with all due respect,to hell with you feeling it was unfortunate of him to change his name,and you even say that Greece stole him away from Nigeria... Someone who grew up poor,selling stuffs on the street of Greece,who received NOTHING AND NO LOVE from his nation during the trying times of his family,and grew up in a country that allowed him to develop into the incredible athlete he is today,unlike Nigeria that would've ruined his talents if he had grown up here in the situation he did..

It's time we stop the rubbish of claiming we were wronged,and our children were stolen by other countries..We did nothing for Them,so just celebrate their success,and be proud that he is associated with Nigeria..He rightfully chose the country he has always known as home..Don't be bitter about that
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by dech2003: 9:06pm On Sep 14
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Abusadiq01:
I can't kill myself reading someone else story... .
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by earnit3: 9:06pm On Sep 14
oh
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by SeanBeezy(m): 9:22pm On Sep 14
molbic:
WE WHO BE WE DON'T ANGRY ME
Abeg shift
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by SeanBeezy(m): 9:31pm On Sep 14
saajus:
That will be the last team on his mind. Do you that he and Harden don't get along? Both of them threw a few word jabs at each other earlier this year during the all-star weekend period. Their beefing has been on for almost two years.
His fastest route to Championship is Golden State Warrior. Miami Heat will be perfect for him too, but he might be ashamed to join a team that disgraced him. He just needs to be surrounded by good shooters. It will take three players to stop him, which gives open space for good shooters to make perfect shot. Imagine what the splash brothers can do with him.

well spoken bro. I just wish all these stuffs didn't even happen or can be overlooked, I mean his beef with Harden. Secondly his number is retired at Toyota Centre, since Olajuwon left, no one has donned that number
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by Ronin1: 10:43am On Sep 15
Lol...no, they wouldn't have survived if he played game 5, he was just as poor in the 3¼ games he played in the ECF semifinal, it was almost a clean sweep for the Heats, no contest at all, I blame coach Bud. This is the second time in a row they were excellent in the regular season but failed woefully post season.

That said, the entire Bucks roster were very lethargic in this series, nobody showed up, Giannis, Khris Middleton, Eric Bledsoe, they were all an eyesore but more so Giannis, his game is too flawed. Once you cut off his drive to the rim, he's almost useless offensively.

This guy has so much potential tho, if he can consistently knock down jump shots or at least give defenders something to think about when he pulls up for a shot, he'd be near unstoppable. Until then, he will always play badly at the playoffs, unless he goes to a team with great shooters like Golden State.

Celtics still gonna sweep the ECF final tho grin
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by xxxXXXxxx: 12:00pm On Sep 15
Nice One!
Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by DerideGull(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16
vickydevoka:
Yoruba go give u intelligence Igbo go give I beauty or handsomeness. De guy complete

Shut up your loudmouth. Which Yoruba gave intelligence? Or do you think intelligence is sourced from Amala and Ewedu? Yoruba gave Ugliness while Igbo gave intelligence and beauty or handsomeness

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Giannis Adetokunbo By Deji Yesufu by vickydevoka(m): 7:05pm On Sep 16
DerideGull:

Shut up your loudmouth. Which Yoruba gave intelligence? Or do you think intelligence is sourced from Amala and Ewedu? Yoruba gave Ugliness while Igbo gave intelligence and beauty or handsomeness
Lol. Make afonjas catch you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Italy's Serie A Plans To Restart On June 13 / Team Nigeria’s Outfit To The Gold Coast Games In Australia / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Player Rating

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.