Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,416 members, 7,836,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

The Illusory Superiority Mentality. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Illusory Superiority Mentality. (634 Views)

Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! / Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) / what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by Toks2008(m): 9:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
In the past week, we have seen how some pastors lashed out at Daddy Freeze over his incessant antagonistic stand view towards reputable pastors in Nigeria and I honestly understand their anger and the need to put him to order especially for his abusive utterance in the past but nevertheless, I feel so appalled by the way they left the subject matter and rather than scold him to order, they chose to attack his personal life with utterances like "He can't keep a marriage, he can't keep a job..." a common presenter, his wife left him, is he not just a Somalian? he is a bastard ..." and I wonder how these correlate.

In most cases, before anyone talks down on another regardless of the reason, it is usually because the former has this illusory superiority mentality and I see that in our everyday life.

The married feels they are better than those who are still single at marriageable ages or those who are still married after donkey years believe that they are better than those whose marriages collapsed.

Couples with children are quick to pity childless couples...

Those who are financially comfortable, or gainfully employed believe they are smarter or superior to the jobless.

Those who own cars look down on those who don't.

Some people who find themselves in "presumably better countries" feel they have made it more than those back at home and I can go on and on listing funny instances of illusory superiority mentality but then let me ask...

How does the longevity of marriage equate to a successful marriage? are their no marriages of donkey years that are already dead and buried but the partners are just living together like enemies or total strangers?

What makes a pastor who leverages his calling and of course the resources of the church to improve himself in one way or the other better than a struggling entrepreneur who chose to pursue his dream but yet to make a breakthrough?

When there are issues, let us address the issues and stop using the present condition or unfortunate situation of people to attack them, let us stop this illusory superiority mentality cos nobody is better than anyone, whatever situation we find ourselves in, it is all about time and chance.

Ecclesiastes 9:11 (New living translation)

I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

5 Likes

Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by Kalatium(m): 9:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is succinct.
Even though this is the first time i am an encountering "illusory superiority mentality".
Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by Toks2008(m): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kalatium:
This is succinct.
Even though this is the first time i am an encountering "illusory superiority mentality".

Succinct! I had to check that up... Nice one.
Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by wrongnumber: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
Insightful.
Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by Toks2008(m): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
Let me reference Lalasticlala once more. I think we all should learn a thing or two from this.
Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by stanliwise(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2020
When Power play enter the minds of men, common principles and logic are thrown out of the window.

1 Like

Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by Toks2008(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2020
stanliwise:
When Power play enter the minds of men, common principles and logic are thrown out of the window.

Very unfortunate
Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by UDUJ(m): 8:22pm On Sep 15, 2020
Truer words were never spoken.

Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by mumumugu(m): 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
Very good
Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by Hugo55(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2020
In as much as I agree with you, the only line I tend to differ is the line that "that deals with chance". To me every thing is predetermined and destiny by a higher power. That same power is also so good that, IT throws back every man destiny into his or her hand. So nothing really do exist or happen by chance. Its either destined or our own creation.
Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 11, 2020
Interesting
Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by SarutobiEky(m): 5:46am On Oct 11, 2020
Nice
Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hugo55:
In as much as I agree with you, the only line I tend to differ is the line that "that deals with chance". To me every thing is predetermined and destiny by a higher power. That same power is also so good that, IT throws back every man destiny into his or her hand. So nothing really do exist or happen by chance. Its either destined or our own creation.
You are contradicting yourself
Re: The Illusory Superiority Mentality. by ReluctantAdult(m): 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
People need to learn humility. So long as you breathe, eat, shit and die like the next man, you're not in any way better than them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Simple Ways To Be Called A Strong Man By Your Lady / Re-vive For Strong Sexual Performance In Men / 6 Most Endowed African Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.