Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car (57614 Views)

Pelumi Nubi On A Solo Trip From London To Lagos By Car (Video) / Truck Rams Into Building In Ijebu-Ode: Mum, Daughter, 1 Other Crushed To Death / The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by delishpot: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
Nigerian hospitals are a death trap. Its a shame she died in such a nonsensical manner. That boy I don't even k ow what to say about his case. Then criminals in naija are a plague too. If say spirit dey strike person I for say make she locate them.

May the Lord comfort those she left behind.
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by Teeboi56: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
D way people die dis days ehhhh
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by jamesbridget13(f): 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
That boy
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by adeniyi997: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
May God keep us and our family for the remaining of this year
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by backnbeta(f): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
RIP, beautiful woman. Even if the police take money and mess the case up, the boy and his mother will live with the guilt for the rest of their lives and that's some punishment undecided
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by Lucas4903: 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2020
For the fact that u see a car moving smoothly on the road doesnt mean it is easy to drive. All your senses must be coordinated, there is a whole lot more that goes into it. It is a very hard task that people dont know because it is what we do day in and day out. Most especially these teenagers, they just wanna drive..

What a sad story. RIP to the dead���

1 Like

Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by wamide042(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2020
Andrewkinggg:
RIP Mrs. Tuale..

There are many loopholes in this story.. A 16 yr old engage a vehicle to drive but don't know when or how to apply brake and how come the boy was able to hit his mom in a public market.. Or this could be a case of don't throw stone in a market it might hit your mom..........

Please kindly re-read the news again and come back to comment, it won’t kill you.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by gbemishile: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
The evil thought of driving underage is very very tempting.its a spirit that is veey strong to resist.
It happened to me one time in the estate.i put it on reverse and it crashed the gate moving back.i started running after it,trying to push it forward.i was so lucky there was nobody at the back of the car and there was a long pathway with no house or car.my mum quickly jumped in and stopped it.the Kain knock I received from my mum that day no be here.as with my dad,I had to go and beg a family friend to plead with him.
.second time I drove a car as an adult,I rammed my friend's car over a big stone.was so embarrassed

1 Like

Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by farouk2much(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
who are we going to jail the careless mother or the sturbon child? we need justice.. cuz am suspecting sumting
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by BonPatrick(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
Lol that's Lagos for you
Sollykay41:
Someone still managed to steal her money despite her condition, some people are really heartless.
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by AnanseK(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
okomile:
RIP
He is trying to prove he is big guy!
The mum did not expect such from him.
Pathetic.
Parent will now pay for what they did not buy

I wish the parents were the ones paying.

But it appears that The aggrieved and bereaved family are paying all the money and also bearing the loss of life.
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by lonlytroy(m): 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
What a painful exit, may her soul rest in peace
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by Drizzy5001(m): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
Foolish boy! Now he don create expenses for his parents.. Rip Mrs Tuale. sad
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by Reference(m): 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2020
On the part of the unfortunate family why can"t they sue for compensation because it is clear the family of the perps are stalling in this unfair, unfortunate situation. They should put upon the SUV for sale and settle the bills because that truck may become haunted.

1 Like

Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
michjunior:

IT WASNT A DELIBERATE ACT OF MURDER...THERE WAS NO INTENTION TO KILL IN THE FIRST PLACE...SO IT AN ACCIDENT...I DOUBT THE BOY WOULD BE CHARGE? MIND YOU HE IS 16

There are three types of murders:

1st degree murder. Premeditated. For example, you deliberately run someone over with your car. To prove this in court, the prosecutor may present evidences of intent to kill such as notes, audio notes, text messages where the killer is making plans to kill the victim.

2nd degree murder. Not premeditated, but intentional. There is an intent to kill, but you never orchestrated the plan. For example, you walk into your wife having sex, and you shoot her. You never made any plans to kill her. You only reacted out of anger. A good lawyer can make a case for manslaughter, especially for crimes of passion.

3rd degree murder. Not premeditated, and not intentional. It is also known as manslaughter.

There are two types of manslaughter.

Voluntary manslaughter. You are fighting with someone, and they fall and die. You will be charged with voluntary manslaughter.

Involuntary manslaughter. You are reversing your car, and you run someone down.

However, involuntary manslaughter can only be accepted in court as involuntary manslaughter if if the suspect fulfils certain obligations.

If you run someone down while reversing, and the law notice that you don't have a valid driver's license, or that you were drunk while driving, they may upgrade your offense to 2nd degree murder.

So, as you can see, this boy has committed murder.

4 Likes

Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by ibuildstuff(m): 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2020
Andrewkinggg:
RIP Mrs. Tuale..

There are many loopholes in this story.. A 16 yr old engage a vehicle to drive but don't know when or how to apply brake and how come the boy was able to hit his mom in a public market.. Or this could be a case of don't throw stone in a market it might hit your mom..........
Did u even read the story at all, this ur analysis get as e b, it's like u read something else.
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by IjeBos(m): 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
michjunior:

IT WASNT A DELIBERATE ACT OF MURDER...THERE WAS NO INTENTION TO KILL IN THE FIRST PLACE...SO IT AN ACCIDENT...I DOUBT THE BOY WOULD BE CHARGE? MIND YOU HE IS 16

Everything in life has consequences. This is in fact reckless homicide. I'm sure there are criminal codes similar in Nigeria as these concepts extend back to old English law. Her husband no longer has a wife (not to talk about the loss of income) and if she had a child he now has no mother. Though there was no intent, he did take a life in a reckless way. It wasn't just a non preventable accident. 1.) He shouldn't have been driving and 2.) He didn't look behind him before reversing. He should have known the risks and he did it anyways. He broke the law designed to prevent these things and in the process killed someone. At the least the boys family should have paid ALL her medical expenses and more given she is now dead. And the boy should be in juvenile detention or the mother in jail (for being reckless as well since he is a minor) for the accident.
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by MalaikaEH(f): 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2020
Oh! May her soul rest in peace and may her family find the fortitude to bear the loss.

This is the problem with anyone who often boasts with the words "I can drive".
Beware of them.
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by yemi1504: 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2020
atiku4President:
Though the accident may not be deliberate, the family of the teenager should not play games for whatever reason. Some actions come back to take revenge years after years. I know people's hearts are hardened nowadays but there is God watching from heaven. Condolences to the family that lost someone.

Which useless God? Taaahhhh! Take it back!
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by ibuildstuff(m): 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
400k was stolen , 1.5 m for treatment... AFONJAS, are they planning to became overnight millions with the Death of this woman... Back to the topic, @ 16 he can't drive , what a fuckly, I started driving perfectly at 14
Tuale is a Deltan name not Yoruba, must u be tribal about everything.

1 Like

Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by IjeBos(m): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

There are three types of murders:

1st degree murder. Premeditated. For example, you deliberately run someone over with your car. To prove this in court, the prosecutor may present evidences of intent to kill such as notes, audio notes, text messages where the killer is making plans to kill the victim.

2nd degree murder. Not premeditated, but intentional. There is an intent to kill, but you never orchestrated the plan. For example, you walk into your wife having sex, and you shoot her. You never made any plans to kill her. You only reacted out of anger. A good lawyer can make a case for manslaughter, especially for crimes of passion.

3rd degree murder. Not premeditated, and not intentional. It is also known as manslaughter.

There are two types of manslaughter.

Voluntary manslaughter. You are fighting with someone, and they fall and die. You will be charged with voluntary manslaughter.

Involuntary manslaughter. You are reversing your car, and you run someone down.

However, involuntary manslaughter can only be accepted in court as involuntary manslaughter if if the suspect fulfils certain obligations.

If you run someone down while reversing, and the law notice that you don't have a valid driver's license, or that you were drunk while driving, they may upgrade your offense to 2nd degree murder.

So, as you can see, this boy has committed murder.

I'm not an attorney, but I would suspect that for involuntary manslaughter there has to more elements than "reversing you car, and you run someone down". I would assume if you were properly reversing, looking behind you and someone was asleep under your tire, or jumped behind your car, you wouldn't be charged with involuntary manslaughter. I think there has to be some form of recklessness or negligence involved. Ex. reversing your car without looking behind you or not wearing your glasses.
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by byinks(f): 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
obasi101:
D boys legs should be severed off in return.

While growing up years ago, an evil and reckless thought like dis has occurred to me severally, but I often fought it off remembering d consequences if gone wrong. Why couldn't he had done same?? At 16 he already had a strong mind of his own?

I started driving at 16...sometimes practicing alone...but this story ... So unfortunate
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
IjeBos:

I'm not an attorney, but I would suspect that for involuntary manslaughter there has to more elements than "reversing you car, and you run someone down". I would assume if you were properly reversing, looking behind you and someone was asleep under your tire, or jumped behind your car, you wouldn't be charged with involuntary manslaughter. I think there has to be some form of recklessness or negligence involved. Ex. reversing your car without looking behind you or not wearing your glasses.

Yes, that was why I said the suspect would have to fulfil certain obligations of a law abiding road user.

There are many obligations, that was why I made only a few examples.
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by ofuonyebi: 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
what a lawless country we have here called nigeria?
No one mentioned what happened to the killer-boy as if he was licensend to kill. or may be he is a family of soldier?
even so, is he supposed to drive at that age even without licence?
We destroy innocent lives everyday..due to recklessness of the powerful and the immuned.
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by Wettoid123: 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
this is really sad!
Re: Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Tuale is a Deltan name not Yoruba, must u be tribal about everything.
sharap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Truck Driver Drives A Burning Fuel Truck Out Of A Residential Area To Save Lives / John Abolarinwa, Ebiakpo Chapele Names Of Pilots On Missing Nigeria Airforce Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.