Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu (37095 Views)

Latest Developments In Ogonbo Road Abraham Adesanya +2349030188831 / LASG Set To Deliver 360 Homes In Igbogbo, Ikorodu / Quarter Plot Of Land For Sale In Igbogbo Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by franxalive(m): 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
simple250:
To the mod that ban me
grin cool cool cool grin
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by slowice(m): 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
And this is lagos..... It is well
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by Alcantara88: 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
You are very correct .....I currently live in offin....Lagos govt need to attend to these roads urgently because raining season is also a disaster in that part of Lagos
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by Jostoman: 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
DMerciful:
Lagos is working. Jagaban has ruled Lagos for 20yrs but Lagosians say he is doing a great job so enjoy grin
Tinubu don suck their life finish for Lagos State

2 Likes

Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by Jostoman: 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2020
Tinubu has finished them in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by lexy2014: 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
idafa2018:
Ikorodu has the worst network of roads in Lagos state.
It is a pity that they are only remembered during electioneering campaign with empty promises.
The leaders who ought to talk have been compromise compromised with peanuts.
What a pity

"Worst road network" or worst roads?

1 Like

Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by Joshmanuel10(m): 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
This place is so backward
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2020
Where is the development?
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by Academicwizman(m): 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
It is actually Oreta-Igbogbo Road and not the other way round. Along the Oreta-Igbogbo road, you link the Ofin road by turning right at a specific spot not usually up to 5 minutes drive. The Oreta town, specifically, is a potential tourist destination. At night, you can see vehicular movements on the third mainland bridge as well as lightening from the Aja Axis. You can also link the third mainland bridge, Aja and Badore by boat (within 30 minutes and 1 hour) depending on the direction of the wind, water current and speed of the boat.

Besides, the Oreta town is reputed for one unique festival that still holds till today. I think they usually do it around February. The festival involves masquerade known as Igunuko walking on the river while thousands of 'tourists' watch without the cloth getting soaked in water (or any traces of water whatsoever). The veracity of this claim is subject to controversies but it has never been disproved as far as I know.

The Oreta town, just like the Ofin and Bayeku, is along the bank of the Lagos Lagoon. Visitors to Ikorodu or its suburbs can easily connect through boat and bypass the heavy traffic that characterizes most of the Lagos roads. It is therefore surprising why successive Lagos State governments left the road in comatose and non-motorable state for more than 20 years.

Let me use this opportunity to state explicitly that one of the worst roads in Lagos State is the Oreta-Igbogbo road in spite of the potential of the town to be tourist destination of choice and the road serving as viable short link to the Ikorodu and Epe Axes of the State.. This Oreta-Igbogbo road is less than 30 km.

I challenge the Governor Sanwo Olu to put smiles on the faces of people in this area and assuage decades of sufferings due to bad road in the center of excellence ( the land of plenty).

How do I know all this. Well as some people already guessed, I am a son of the soil.
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by olatunde75(m): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
Bro wat development are u talking about, it may amaze u dat since d birth of present democratic dispensation there is non govt project in dat axis .simply because d area is pdp zone. All those things u r seen are private / corporate body initiative. Nija politicians do u know how many communities in dat area more than 30 different communities. Govt only collect tax nd nothing more
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by oaugraduate1234(m): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
Jostoman:
Tinubu don suck their life finish for Lagos State

He no dey suck reach una politicians for Southeast
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
WAIT!

Developments? 3Years? My God Naija is finished!

In 30 years China went from bush to world power. Here all I see is dirt and more dirt. This is not development. This is why politicians are able to get away with unbelievable theft when the population sees rubbish and mediocrity as advancement and development.

Part of the problem with Naija are Nigerians themselves. Look around the world and compare and stop accepting nonsense!
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by oaugraduate1234(m): 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hello guys, lands are available for sale at Sapphire Estate, Ikorodu. Kindly contact me for further details.
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by Magicians: 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
KingAzari:
This place also produced the infamous Maami Igbogbo - the Nigerian Female P0rnstar, whose oga - Tblak - is smelling rod for fvcking in the presence of the gods in Osun state. Please include her as one of the major developments in this area.
But at least the indigene of Ikorodu ain't as foolish as your tribesmen that went on to elect a globally renowned IndecentStar afikpochick as their representative to the national assembly.

Foolish soul removing log in the eyes of others while your rotten eye continue to degenerate to your doom with any attention from you.
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by oaugraduate1234(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
oaugraduate1234:
Hello guys, lands are available for sale at Sapphire Estate, Ikorodu. Kindly contact me for further details.

Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by Kehinderichard(m): 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
Refuse dump everywhere. Lagos is working
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by KingAzari: 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
Magicians:

....afikpochick as their representative to the national assembly.

Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by lmm4real: 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Yesterday, I took a trip to this area of Ikorodu. Within 3 years, there has been so many changes..

From the pix, on the left is a new building for the local government Secretariat, & UBA ATM gallery
.On the right... Sterling bank, Mobile police unit, & a modernized mini market..The last pix captures the back view of the market...but the roads are still very bad. About 100meters away from this area are two major roads, Offin road - leading to Offin & oreta, & Bayeku road - leading to Bayeku, Agunfoye etc.

Offin & Bayeku roads are so bad that they are usually abandoned during raining season. This has also led to the deterioration of the inner roads. Lagos State government should do something about those roads. There was a day I was trapped on the other side of Bayeku road after a heavy downpour.

The major problem in this area is drainage. They need a very good drainage network to curb the problem of erosion & flooding.

OP you tried, but you should have added pictures of the roads undecided
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by bukhety(f): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
My area. I think I understand what the op is trying to say. He didn't just use the right pictures. For those of us that lived in that area about 8years back, we understand what the place used to be, and what it is now. But just like he said, road network is a major challenge. Well done!
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by passiveincome01: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2020
oh
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by uglodoh(f): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2020
bukhety:
My area. I think I understand what the op is trying to say. He didn't just use the right pictures. For those of us that lived in that area about 8years back, we understand what the place used to be, and what it is now. But just like he said, road network is a major challenge. Well done!

Igbogbo is getting worse every day. The Igbogbo of 4 years ago is better than what it is today. Daini has failed as a local govt. chairman.

2 Likes

Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by adeyemo001: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
olaolumuyiwa:

I am an Estate surveyor I have plots of land around igbogbo area of ikorodu ranging from 1.5m to 2.5m you can wattsap me on 08103142558.

Where in Gbogbo? Whats the title? Will you be able to release copy of title for verfication and investigation purpose? Any picture and whats the last price?
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by ikorodureporta: 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
phlame:
angry

THIS OP NO GET SENSE!!!
why u dey use this kyne language??

For all of you saying it isn't 'development'. The word actually means "changes'
Before now, there was no mopol station, therefore insecurity was a threat;
*There was no bank, no ATM gallery. You do everything banking at Ikorodu garage;
*The local govt Secretariat & market were also like what you see in villages..

The essence of this post is to call on the attention of Lagos State government to fix those roads.
Apart from the roads mentioned here, the road from ebute (dangote) & down to obas palace in Igbogbo, & stadium/Health centre roads needs to be fixed

Ambode was trying to expand that axis..but they've abandoned the project after demolishing many houses..

. I have to say this.. the NEPA guyz over there bill them as if it is Surulere.

1 Like

Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by HAYSHIRES: 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2020
adeyemo001:
I think i need a plot of land for sale in Igbogbo (developed or developing area) with budget of 1.5m or 2m? Receipt, Registered survey and deed of assignment? sad

I have got something for you, call or wharsapp me on 09023671200
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by tollyboy5(m): 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2020
ajebuter:
The last time l was in lgbogbo lkorodu was in 1984..

And it was a village then..

Kudos to the positive and negative development it has witnessed since then
Big mummy!! shocked 1984!
Ikorodu and epe are the major ijebu settlers in Lagos. I don't like the way we are been treated

1 Like

Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by kafa88: 4:15am On Sep 15, 2020
It's a very good article. Talk about content Very interesting It mentions what you want to read and gets more knowledge. He was able to use his spare time wisely and write impressive. I want you to keep writing slotxo Thanks for the great article.
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by maik: 6:57am On Sep 15, 2020
There is no development in Igbogbo. Igbogbo Bayeku road is the worst in Ikorodu.

1 Like

Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2020
oaugraduate1234:

He no dey suck reach una politicians for Southeast
I was lowkey waiting for a brainless comment like this.
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by viviangist: 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
We have extremely demonic leaders

I Saw the pictures on WhatsApp and i love this
Re: Recent Developments In Igbogbo Ikorodu by oaugraduate1234(m): 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
TheWrita:

I was lowkey waiting for a brainless comment like this.

As brainless as you are. Idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) / Procedure For Building A Storey Building / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.