Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists (73640 Views)

Pete Edochie, Chiwetalu Agu, Others Feature In The Rising Sun / Pete Edochie To Feature In 'The Pledge', A Prince UC Ingawa Movie (Photos) / Fatal Arrogance: Yakubu Mohammed Ready To Pay To Get His Scenes Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Bkayyy: 8:14am On Sep 15, 2020
There are reasons Nze Pete Edochie was chosen for this role.
1) He is a man.
2) He lives at Anambra ( which doesn't tolerate nonsense from islamists and religious fanatics).
3) He is not scared.
So, all these threats are just noises aimed at instilling fear because those shiites or whatever knows that they can't carry out any attack in Anambra without it resulting to reprisals or another war
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by aumeehn: 8:14am On Sep 15, 2020
Nwaotu10:

Shut up!
Movie industry have the volition to portray any manner of movies they want. It's purely fictional. Any manner of resemblance in characters, places, religion or whatsoever is purely coincidental.

I've seen a movie where Jesus, a God was portrayed as a gay.

Fucin Extremists!!
lol! It's like you are taking this issue personal. The guy is right, edochie shouldn't involve himself in Religious matters especially Islam sincs he is a non believer. Ask yourself why didnt the army shot the movie in the north with northern producer and actors? Look stop this chest beating! You dont have the liver to fight the average shiite! All you are praying for is to make money and enjoy life, while the average shiite is thinking about how he will die protecting his ideology, IPOB have been in existence for many decades, but have you ever seen them protesting in Abuja?? Them no born dem well. Shiites nko?? So guy forget all this chest beating, shiites are dangerous forget all this nonsense gangsters, cultist and militants making noise! Shiites are dangerous, the man made a huge mistake that he will live to regret! Mind you i am not shiite.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by blowjohn(m): 8:40am On Sep 15, 2020
It does not concern u but u accepted the role!
Or were u forced to act the role?
See this man o
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Juanmike(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:

In a sane country, there is nothing wrong at all in him playing his role as an actor. He is one of the best actors Nigeria should be proud of. Hitler's roles focused on a nation that is not as divided as Nigeria is. Regardless of how well scripted a movie script is, there should be a time to reject some of them scripts.im sure other prominent actors like him will reject certain roles. Why will an actor accept a role that depicts them as Shekau or Zakzazzy knowing that will trigger some nerves that think he doesn't fully understand what their movement stand for?

These people aren't stupid entirely, they have educated ones of them that believe in whatever they believe in, thats enough reason to acknowledge the fact that there are some people agitating for a movement, probably backed externally that the Nigerian government needs to focus on, rather they chose to focus on a comparatively harmless group from his part of the nation and chose him to depict a role someone from another region they despise should play.

Im not an actor, but if i was I definitely will know where to draw the line. Ill definitely say No to such scripts, especially as a highly respected actor and community leader for a grieving part of the nation that shares nothing in common with the tribe Im being paid to portray in the movie.
He did the right thing coming out to explain that he was just an actor and may not have full knowledge of what the complete picture of the movie is except the 5 or 6 scenes he acted in.

He's not at fault at all for just acting in a movie, and i think so because im not brainwashed like some people are, but I'd think twice if it was me dealing with people whose mentality is to kill another person for just singing a song about someone they've never even seen before and only read about in books others from a different nation brainwashed them with.
Just my view.
The deed has been done.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by gsmcoder: 8:47am On Sep 15, 2020
wait oo, what is the UAE flag doing behind pete edochie, the UAE is a sunni state so why use their flag?
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 15, 2020
Yankee101:
Why you go collect money from Sunni government to portray shiites as terrorists?

Osama bin laden was Sunni
Buhari is Sunni
Elrufai is Sunni

Is Iran any better than Saudi in the sponsor or terrorism? Nope. But you had no business involving yourself in their ideological wars for a few bucks. So why are you crying out now?

You are a very stupid and ignorant buffoon

Your comment is so elementary in logic that it shows how handicapped you are when it comes to reasoning

Idiot like you
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by kingsley989(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2020
thecommunist:
For the mere fact that Nigerian Army sponsored it alone shows that something is wrong. You are on your own o. The same Hausa/Fulani army that your people are complaining about is who you allowed to use you as a tool of propaganda against others. Soon they will look for another set of people to use as propaganda against you too When you fall out with them...and don't be surprised that the next move that the Nigerian Army have in mind is to sponsor some northern actors to make a film ridiculing your people's struggle because the same thing they did to Shiite is what they did to IPOB.
How did you know that the Nigerian Amry sponsored it?
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Yeyenairaland(m): 9:10am On Sep 15, 2020
The major problem I have with these dented foreheads is that

They always want things to be done their own way

Tufiakwa
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by thecommunist(m): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2020
kingsley989:

How did you know that the Nigerian Amry sponsored it?
it is there, written in the original post. Please go and check it.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by joefelin2345: 9:18am On Sep 15, 2020
giles14:
papa Pete you fall hands o, never expected this from you for a few coins your actions will endanger so many igbos up north.
Not only Igbo's other Southerners as well. Religion is a very sensitive issue in Nigeria. He should have known better but for his own arrogance sometimes as well. Was he nor the one condemning Olu Jacob for acting as Igwe in some movies simply becos the veteran is not from his tribe? I just hope that he has not buy market.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by P1PrinceKT(m): 9:21am On Sep 15, 2020
guy222:
they are very stupid, as in very stupid. Americans has been acting movies right from time, waging wars against islamic terrorist even going as far as acting there movies in islamic nations using same arabs yet nothing happened, who were the people jack bauer was fighting against in the moving 24? Was is not islamic terrorist? And who were the people that acted the moving, was it not same arabs in collobaration with americans,

Remember Americans were Not living in the same state with the Muslims majority.

Things like This has to be re-think and re-think agains.

If Americas Find Kaduna to shot for Boko Haram Scenes doesn't mean that they went to to Baga or Chibok and Shoot it.

If PETE shot this kind of Film He will eventually remained in Nigeria & ENuGu I don't think it's far From Zaria.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Kendollar696(m): 9:23am On Sep 15, 2020
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by P1PrinceKT(m): 9:26am On Sep 15, 2020
Stand4YorubaIgbo:
even portrait Jesus as gay self

Your Ignorance from the level of history always drags your ass to pit of Hell.

No single Muslim will ever do that(being him a real Muslim)

Jesus (A.S) Is among the top 5 Masengers of Allah.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by emenezer(m): 9:36am On Sep 15, 2020
Why involve in such a movie in the first place.... Let him pray the same Army won't come out tomorrow and deny sponsorship of the movie..... Something fishy smelling here
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by donestk(m): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2020
Pete just proved that old age doesnt translate to wisdom
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by frequencyyor(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2020
Muslims always looking for innocent blood to waste
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by elisho: 10:33am On Sep 15, 2020
please sir don't involved your self with this evil apc government pls
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by mightyhazel: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2020
why feature I the movie? abokki no get actors?

1 Like

Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Brenn594(m): 11:13am On Sep 15, 2020
U've got balls! To accept such a role is sucidal .better watch ur back always.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Bestvicky16(f): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2020
Why did you accept such a role? It's obvious you don't know how religious those people are.
Why didn't they use an Hausa man...
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by zuto4u(m): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2020
I really pray for this country to split. Honestly, am tired of being in the same country with some ancient goats.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Deepthoughts: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2020
Conrod:
YEA,i guess he also want to play the role of salman rushdie,but i doubt if the dss can play the M15.
Don't mind Pete Edochie jare, in life one needs to be wise n analytical in handling most situations, it's not every opportunity that is worth accepting as business.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Yankee101: 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nightstalker:

You are a very stupid and ignorant buffoon

Your comment is so elementary in logic that it shows how handicapped you are when it comes to reasoning

Idiot like you
Go stalk your mama at night
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by kingthreat(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Like he said, WATCH the content of the movie, First.
They may have put up such a stunt for ADVERT reasons... grin grin

True that, but in a country with vast bloodthirsty illiterates, that's still not wise.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Obynolee(f): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2020
ursullalinda:
Those blood sucking demons had better leave our Ebubedike!

Who do refer to as,"blood sucking demons"?.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Obynolee(f): 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2020
Xstremebj:
Nothing fit shele jhoor,
release the movie fast ooo
ahh dey anticipate wink

Chest beating,
Not too good
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by ledaman: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2020
Stupid and irresponsible gaga have you had discussion with them before the shia member's after a thousand harmless souls were killed by Nigerian Army! Yet they were labelled terrorist I come in contact with on daily basis their bone of contention is their leader in Person of El-Zak Zaky should be freed and I was privileged to met the shiehk himself in person of El- Zak Zaky very educated person. I think Edochie is very stupid to have accepted to play the role!
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by emmatuegbe(m): 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2020
Why should he choose to play this role, knowing fully well it will spite certain religious group, whose members are already facing persecution. Everything must not be about making money, but conscience and the reactions to be generated
ikorodureporta:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2020/09/14/nollywood-actor-pete-edochie-alleges-threat-life-featuring-movie-portraying-shiites
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by ostarlink: 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2020
If te threat actually came from Nigeria Muslim group, what are Nigerian laws used for? can't they follow lawful means? This is the problem with the north. No difference between the Muslim leaders and the Boko Haram members.
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Princemichael93: 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2020/09/14/nollywood-actor-pete-edochie-alleges-threat-life-featuring-movie-portraying-shiites

This country is not growing anymore. See how religious beliefs beclouds people's resoning
Re: Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists by Laslaslala: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2020
Yomiie:
The northerners are really dragging this country backwards, just imagine this nonsense. I keep telling people, if this country cannot be restructured, we need to break up.
Yorubas are the ones delaying the breaking into pieces of this country for unsustainable paltry position in government and peanuts handed out by their Fulani Lords

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kiddwaya Wearing His Shorts Under The Duvet After Spending The Night With Erica / Regina Askia Plays Ramsey Nouah’s Wife In WEB. Gives Details Of Sex Scene / BBNaija: Tobi Bakre's Eggplant Got Nigerian Ladies Talking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.