Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany (41758 Views)

Ortom Inaugurates PDP Campaign Council In Benue, Receives 25 Buses From Wike / President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock / Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by blueAgent(m): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2020
simpleseyi:

Igbo Amaka.

Great Igbos developing everywhere but cannot develop their land. What a people!

So for your mind Igbo's developed Germany? what a naive statement.coming from an Igbo Man.
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by originalprof: 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2020
Ctorch:
Dr. John Emeka Akude made history yesterday as the FIRST BLACK man to be elected member of Cologne’s City Council in Germany.

He is a Political scientist and from Abatete in Anambra State.
Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Dr.

Credit: @AfamDeluxo

https://www.theafricancourier.de/europe/african-history-first-member-colognes-city/
_(LIKE) FOR THE GREAT IGBOS DOING WONDERS IN NIGERIA AND BEYOND.. IGBO AMAKA 1

3 Likes

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2020
cha! cha! cha! cha! cha! Igbo kwenu!

5 Likes

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by igboamakaaa: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2020
BornRicch:

Maybe you should pay more attention to other tribes because they don't cheat beat like you Igbos especially. Slave generations always bragging...
Nna mechie onu gi.

This is a thread celebrating an Igbo man not an 'other tribe' man. When 'other tribes' have a reason to celebrate one of their own, we shall all celebrate with them. For now, let us enjoy the moment and not spoil joy with envy and hatred.

Igboamakaaa
Igbo ndi oma
Igbo di ukwu
UmuIgbo, UmuChukwu ndi agoziri agozi!

If you cant say something good about someone, just shut up - Lucky Dube

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by sexylassie2(f): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2020
Rgade:

You are full of bullshit I would have ignored you but that bolded line drew my attention.
The large Igbo population in Germany is it big enough to guarantee the victory of someone who isn't popular with the larger German populace.
Igbos can't play Nigerian politics because all you need to be is a good ass licker.
I suppose igbos don't have that trait.

You might think i am hating but i am not, i am just calling out facts.

The man contested against a woman from tanzania for a position of Ausländerrat or Ausländerbeirat (Foreigners’ Advisory Council)

FAC is the official representative organ of the residents of foreign origin in a city, municipality and district.

He is representing foreigners nothing more.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Omoslim26: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

Stop deceiving yourself.

Igbo people in Nigeria do not play national politics.

Just because one igbo was elected does not mean igbo can play politics.

Germany has a large igbo population, it is normal for that man to be elected, the reality is that he is representing igbo and immigrant communities, nothing more.

There are also turkish members of parliament, they also represent Turkish nationals in Germany.

Abegii go sidan

2 Likes

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by pquaver(m): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2020
Tochi3:
Du schriebst aber sehr gut Deutsch. Ndigbo sind immer nach Vorne.

Danke schön Bruder.. Ich habe ein Studium auf Deutsch in Deutschland abgeschlossen
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by sexylassie2(f): 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
vincentjk:

Stop being a hater please
You sound pained

I am not a hater.

He is representing foreigners not germans.

He was elected into Foreigners’ Advisory Council something they call Ausländerrat in Germany.
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by igboamakaaa: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

The man contested against a woman from tanzania for a position of Ausländerrat or Ausländerbeirat (Foreigners’ Advisory Council)

FAC is the official representative organ of the residents of foreign origin in a city, municipality and district.

Are Igbos the only foreigners in Germany?
Aren't there about 70 different foreign community groups there?
Among the Nigerians there, are there not Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis et al.

Please dont try to belittle people's success.

Igboamakaaa

4 Likes

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by sexylassie2(f): 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2020
igboamakaaa:

Are Igbos the only foreigners in Germany?
Aren't there about 70 different foreign community groups there?
Among the Nigerians there, are there not Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis et al.

Please dont try to belittle people's success.

Igboamakaaa

Igbos are not the only foreigners in Germany but igbo make up a big percentageamong Nigerian, other Africans also won elections in similar positions in their cities.

Kevin Uguru in Essen,
Pastor Lumbu in Dortmund
Elizabeth Kaneza in Aachen
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2020
I thought that they want Biafra.
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

Igbos are not the only foreigners in Germany but igbo make up a big percentageamong Nigerian, other Africans also won elections in similar positions in their cities.

Kevin Uguru in Essen,
Pastor Lumbu in Dortmund
Oi! wats appening?! you cool? long time.
That is if you are who i think you are. tongue
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by TechSkill: 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

Stop deceiving yourself.

Germany has a large igbo population, it is normal for that man to be elected, the reality is that he is representing igbo and immigrant communities, nothing more.

There are also turkish members of parliament, they also represent Turkish nationals in Germany.

What is politics? I am sure it will be defined based on Nigerian settings and structure... ogbeni go and sleep! undecided

1 Like

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

Makes a lot of sense.
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by mmsen: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2020
Ikeast:
Biafran abi Nigerian...?

Igbo race is full of intell, making waves everywhere they found themselves...

#IGBO AMAKA............

No more intelligent than the rest of Nigeria.
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

Stop deceiving yourself.

Absolutely! why bother your head explaining to these block heads? let them wallow in ignorance. cheesy
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by igboamakaaa: 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

Kevin Uguru in Essen,
Pastor Lumbu in Dortmund

Awesome, i can even see another Igbo name there (Kevin Uguru) which makes it two Igbos that won the elections. Madam sexylassie, Igbos are not the only Nigerians in Germany, Nothing actually stopped someone from another tribe from contesting for that post.

Our tribesman won and it's now a crime to celebrate him again? Na wa oh
Do we complain when yorubas achieve good feats in london?

When people do good things, its good to laud them and not belittle their achievement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
CoalcityBoi:

We know you Descendants of brown roof republic
ewwww! is this suppossed to make sense? what kinda child abuse is that? embarassed

You are a disgusting individual.
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Finnese001: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
chrisnwoke1:
NWANNE IGBO AMAKA!

I dey tell you bro

In my next, I will still represent IGBO

1 Like

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2020
paul100:
Please nobody should called me a tribalist ooo because I am not one.
I notice something on Nairaland that Nigerians abroad doing wonders are always the Igbos or the yorubas.Doctors,Engineers,Acedemic Scholars,Politicians etc always igbo or yoruba.What of other tribes in Nigeria?
Is it that they are not highly intelligent or they don't have a high drive for success or they are very few abroad?

Your question is legitimate and in no way tribalistic!

2 Likes

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by amuwo1980: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2020
It is no bragging , we are the greatest

1 Like

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by RemoveKebab: 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2020
Bkayyy:
I don't care whatever the news says.
Whether true or false, I will still reply Igbo Amaka to it.
Igb..... Gb..... Igbo AMAKA!
am from SW I must say this the funniest comment have seen grin grin grin nice one

2 Likes

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Psalmistproject: 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

Must you in the spirit of painship turn the facts upside down?
They said the woman was also among the people that partook in the election.
It's not only two of them that contested.

4 Likes

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by bluefilm: 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2020
How will this reduce electricity tariff now?

Nonsense. angry
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Amumaigwe: 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2020
simpleseyi:

Igbo Amaka.

At least they have taken the battle to foreign land and are winning. Shame on the local conspirators and "igbos do not know how to play politics" gang.

2 Likes

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by noble0(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

How were they able to achieve that feat whereas 90% of German Consulate jobs here in Nigeria are manned by the Yorubas,

right from the German Embassy, to German Consulate to Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), to The Nigerian-German Chamber of Commerce (NGCC), to German DVT, every one of them.

1 Like

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Amumaigwe: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2020
intruder15:

We rejoice when others see us beyond our ethical and racial difference and vote for us to lead them. Yet we are hypocrites when it's our turn to extend same. It's so bad that even among eastern states, you will hardly see a foreigner occupying any leadership position because he is not their own born. The foreigner may not necessarily be from other tribes. He may be Igbo from another state.

We need to look beyond ethical differences in Nigeria. Hypocrisy is becoming a norm.

Your observation is noted. However, try and remove the big log in your eyes first.

1 Like

Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by dasparrow: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2020
Focusmind:
The far right party, Alternative for Germany (AFD) is coming after him. I hope they will allow him to work without attacking every of his move. It isn't easy being a black man in Germany

The truth of the matter is, european nations are the ancestral lands of the caucasians. They did not create their countries for the African to come and enjoy. As long as we Africans won't fix our countries, we will continue to be treated with disdain wherever we choose to go.

This gentleman was voted into a position where he will be representing immigrants. He is not in a position where he will be able to have any kind of significant political control over the indigenous sons and daughters of the soil which is the germans. All the same, congrats to him.
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by Psalmistproject: 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2020
juman:
He was elected a councilor.

Yes not appointed. Why don't you go to your neighbouring state and contest for the " BEST HATER 2020 let's see how you will make it since ........make I no follow you talk o!
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by dasparrow: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
sexylassie2:
Nigerians always want to dominate when they live abroad but cant do nothing in Nigeria.

Congratulations to him, he can now push the biafra agenda in the parliament.

LOL grin
Re: John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany by mannyiyke: 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2020
simpleseyi:

Igbo Amaka.

Maybe, it's your tribesman that owns Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company in Nnewi and Enugu or the big textile industries in Aba as well as other industries that are situated in all the nooks and crannies of Igboland?

What then is the meaning of development to you? Receive sense.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed / 'I Am Not Afraid To Condemn The Attacks On Christians And Churches'' VP Osinbajo / Tosin Saraki Weds Adeniyi Olatunde Olukoya On October 28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.