Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates (6215 Views)

Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Eziachi: 8:50pm On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

I wonder if you thought deeply enough before writing the above. The only persons qualified to call for presidential debates in ACN are its national leaders and presidential candidate. Fashola is only making Ribadu look like a fool.

Dude, Ribadu is the only real ACN person with the credibility to call for a debate with Jonathan, Fashola is only living up to his "rascal" bidding. He is a person who obviously doesn't know his station.
The last time I checked, Fashola is a Nigerian citizen and a governor for that matter and the last time checked too he is on the top echeleon of the ACN party. So tell me Mr brain box why its ridiculous over him calling for a debate between Jonathan and hiss challengers? A scenario Fashola himself has undergone in his own domain against other opponents too.
You have decided to brush off what I said before about your enthusiasm for a debate last year in Anambra, then in 2011 its no longer a good idea for you. Non of the candidates is my cup of tea but the way people like you can turn electric into candle to because you supporting a certain candidate is stomach chunning and you are even worse than the so called corrupt politicians.

No wonder this politicians takes people like you for fools, because they knew that they can do anything and still got people moronically following them around as poppies without brains.
PATHETIC!!
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by violent(m): 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2011
I honestly can't believe my eyes at the sorts of arguments @Beaf is bringing up on this thread!

Shouldn't a debate be a good thing?. . .I bet if Fashola had blindly praised Jonathan's governance, his progenies lurking around here wouldn't be screaming for the dude to mind his Lagos business.

or peharps there really is something we are missing here? why should the President and his grandkids be scared of a debate?. . .ah i get it, our president isn't confident enough to hold his own grounds or argue his own points in the public without necessarily coming across as a man who's IQ deficient!

It's also funny how people are so quick to put on political boxing gloves when issues like this are being addressed, asides being a governor, Fahsola is a Nigerian and he's equally affected with the runnings of federal governance, why should he have any less right in asking that Presidential aspirants debate their plans for the country?
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by DisGuy: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

So, praising the SW as educated and civilized and very rightly calling the likes of Tinubu and Fashola rascals now amounts to racism? This is getting comical.
Does Fashola's usurping of Ribadu's position not make him a rascal? How about his selling Lagos state to himself and his cronies, while planting flowers? Does he really think the World is blind?

hmm why not take up the ACN challenge and leave who's calling for tghe debate out of it, you dont have to be the presidential candidate to call for a debate! the pdp can send your wikileak man to defend the govt policy, we are tired of leaders just dictating to us without being challenged, no we know we he hasnt granted any journalist an interview, always being shown up by foreign journalist like the fisherman he is
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-577035.0.html

dodging dodging dodging

back then it was gej can't do intra party debate

now its he can't do iter party debate

i thought he was supposed to be a brilliant phd holder - surely he can't be intimidated by Neanderthal thugs like buhari?
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by ekubear1: 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2011
[quote="Beaf"]
Fashola is sounding increasingly ridiculous. He should mind Lagos state and call for debates between himself and those who are better than him like Amaechi, Dr. Godswill Akpabio etc.
[/quote]
Hold on a sec. How are either of these guys performing better than Fashola?

Keep in mind that Amaechi has a lot more money to spend than Fashola on a per capita basis.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by honeric01(m): 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Beaf

Are you okay at all? what are you afraid of? you're not sure of what GEJ is likely going to say if a debate is organized?

BEAF, PLEASE HOW'S A DEBATE A HARD THING FOR A PHD HOLDING PRESIDENT WHO CLAIMS TO KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF NIGERIA?
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2011
honeric01:

@Beaf

Are you okay at all? what are you afraid of? you're not sure of what GEJ is likely going to say if a debate is organized?

BEAF, PLEASE HOW'S A DEBATE A HARD THING FOR A PHD HOLDING PRESIDENT WHO CLAIMS TO KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF NIGERIA?

Why do you always come across like a daft agbero? Are you pretending to be remarkably dim or is that you simply can't understand English?

Fashola is making himself and his party look like fools when he keeps demanding things above his station, its that simple.
It is Ribadu's place to make any challenge, not that of a mere governor thats little more than a polished criminal selling up his state to both himself and Tinubu.

What is so difficult about the above? I hate foolishness! lol
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by naijaway(m): 11:02pm On Feb 25, 2011
fashola with his flaws due to various beforehand and current situations in the nation ie no electricity or affordable electricity, no above 55% security nationwide, too many traditional thieves, etc. This guy is a visioner. God bless.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by 9ijaMan: 11:05pm On Feb 25, 2011
oyb:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-577035.0.html

dodging dodging dodging

back then it was gej can't do intra party debate

now its he can't do iter party debate

i thought he was supposed to be a brilliant phd holder - surely he can't be intimidated by Neanderthal thugs like buhari?

honeric01:

@Beaf

C'mon guys how would you expect GEJ to engage Buhari in a nationally televised debate. Una wan put am to total shame? Even when no one poses a question to him, makes a loth of uncouth gaffes, talkless of a televised debate. I may even be able to bet my annual pay (and the pay is sizable o!) on it that GEJ will never engage in any debate with other candidate. He's simply incapable of such.

Evidently from his numerous gaffes, he's definitely not the author of the posts on his FB page. Just as I can tell comments made by Beaf on NL and smell him from 10 miles away, regardless of his numerous NL aliases, GEJ's gaffes are miles apart from his FB entries.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2011
^
We are still waiting for wild eyed sharia zealot, Buhari to deny that he intends to institutionalise sharia across Nigeria. lol
Thats one good ol' neanderthal!

When will Buhari stand and be knocked right through the floor by GEJ in zi fresidential devate?

[size=21pt]LOL![/size]
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by honeric01(m): 11:35pm On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

Why do you always come across like a daft agbero? Are you pretending to be remarkably dim or is that you simply can't understand English?

Fashola is making himself and his party look like fools when he keeps demanding things above his station, its that simple.
It is Ribadu's place to make any challenge, not that of a mere governor thats little more than a polished criminal selling up his state to both himself and Tinubu.

What is so difficult about the above? I hate foolishness! lol

I ask you again, WHY IS YOUR BOSS RUNNING FROM NATIONAL DEBATE?

Fashola has the right to call for a national debate.

I'm joining Fashola now to call for a presidential national debate!

I am too civil and more matured to engage you in throwing insults just like you and your GEJ often do.

I discuss reasonable things and have no time for jabs and exchange of insults.

So one more time, When is your PHd holding boss going to agree to a national debate? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by violent(m): 12:14am On Feb 26, 2011
@Beaf

Would you be more supportive if Ribadu had called for the debate in the place of Fashola?

Is your grouse about the individual calling for the debate or the idea of a the debate itself?
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 12:18am On Feb 26, 2011
violent:

@Beaf

Would you be more supportive if Ribadu had called for the debate in the place of Fashola?

Is your grouse about the individual calling for the debate or the idea of a the debate itself?

Yes, I would. Fashola is just being an id!ot.
I'm certain GEJ would also accept a challenge from either Ribadu or Buhari. Fashola is not a presidential candidate, so is just being really stoopid.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by DisGuy: 12:33am On Feb 26, 2011
Beaf:

I'm certain GEJ would also accept a challenge from either Ribadu or Buhari. Fashola is not a presidential candidate, so is just being really stoopid.

is Fashola calling for a debate for himself and the fisherman or for presidential candidates like everyone else even here on NL way before your uncle got there

If Jonathan is not spineless he will debate anyone anywhere but what do we have a doofus going about the place spitting on microphones promising each states this and that instead of taking questions from ordinary citizens, i mean this should be the simplest thing why doesnt he answer questions from ordinary citizens? why hasnt he granted any interview to any nigerian journalist even those from the bayelsa/vanguard, im ean the Late mallam was open enough, even Shekarau from a Sharia state went on hardtalk
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by violent(m): 12:35am On Feb 26, 2011
Beaf:

Have you actually read the article itself?. . . . I would hope you might be able to point to a specific part where the Governor's statement comes across as stoopid as you claim.

The language of the article was not directed to one single individual, the language used was broad and was largely opinionated rather than demanding, the Governor actually made succinct points that everyone should clamor for, i wonder why you find this such a big problem.

"This is what is done by universities like Harvard, Cambridge, Oxford, and others for prime ministerial, gubernatorial, and presidential elections in the two oldest democracies in the west. I didn't expect that we will be going to an election and at least there would not be a debate held in each of the six geopolitical zones; three for the vice presidential candidates, three for the presidential candidates in our institutions of higher learning. How much will it cost to organise that and televise it live?"

From the quotes above, does it sound like he was challenging GEJ to a debate?. . . .it's as clear as day that the dude was merely speaking without political bias, i wonder why you think this is stoopid.

Does it infer that anyone and everyone who thinks a presidential debate is a good thing for democracy and expresses his views along that line, is considered stoopid by your own standards?
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 12:45am On Feb 26, 2011
^
In ACN, it is Ribadu's place to do that, not Fashola's. There is decorum and there is protocol, both have been cast in the dirt by Fashola.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by aljharem2: 12:56am On Feb 26, 2011
Beaf:

^
In ACN, it is Ribadu's place to do that, not Fashola's. There is decorum and there is protocol, both have been cast in the dirt by Fashola.

gbamm beaf very correct, my friend sorry for the misunderstanding lately smiley

@all please lets be sensible here, is fashola the presidental candidate or ribadu undecided

please reason here i think ACN is loosing its head here
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by violent(m): 12:58am On Feb 26, 2011
@Beaf

Isn't there a difference between

"I am asking that all Presidential aspirants hold a televised debate with our party flag bearer"

and

"I think there ought to be a Presidential debate before general elections, as is done in civilized communities''

The first is a challenge, the second is an opinion.  

Are you saying Fashola requires a protocol to hold an opinion, especially one that is shared by millions of smart Nigerians?  

If someone else, let's say some Random professor from some Uni had made the same opinion, would it make any difference?

could you focus less on the individuals behind the remarks and more on the substance of the remark itself as well as it's benefits on the entire populace?
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by aljharem2: 1:03am On Feb 26, 2011
violent:

@Beaf

Isn't there a difference between

"I am asking that all Presidential aspirants hold a televised debate with our party flag bearer"

and

"I think there ought to be a Presidential debate before general elections, as is done in civilized communities''

The first is a challenge, the second is an opinion.  

Are you saying Fashola requires a protocol to hold an opinion, especially one that is shared by millions of smart Nigerians?  

If someone else, let's say some Random professor from some Uni had made the same opinion, would it make any difference?

could you focus less on the individuals behind the remarks and more on the substance of the remark itself as well as it's benefits on the entire populace?

wrong, why would the current president debate with a governor, what civilized society does that undecided

unless nuhu ribadu himself comes out as a presidental aspirant, then i see no reason why GEJ should debate with him, it is just a waste of time

moreover fashola wants to be boasting about his ability and tiunbu is using him
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by violent(m): 1:11am On Feb 26, 2011
alj-harem:

wrong, why would the current president debate with a governor, what civilized society does that undecided

unless nuhu ribadu himself comes out as a presidental aspirant, then i see no reason why GEJ should debate with him, it is just a waste of time

moreover fashola wants to be boasting about his ability and tiunbu is using him

Again, read the entire article, this time, ignore the tittle of the thread!. . . . I would hope you might be able to point out where ''FASHOLA IS ASKING TO DEBATE WITH GEJ". . .as the tittle suggested.

I think it's better to always read and digest information wholly before taking a position and making a comment.  The dude, from the paragraphs was simply saying. . . . It's a good thing if all presidential aspirants held a debate, as that will specifically give pointers to what individual plans each of them has in place for Nigeria and Nigerians,  . . .why should it be wrong to say that?
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by rasputinn(m): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2011
Oh BRF,you're beginning to annoy me with all these your calls for presidential debate;are you running for presidency now??
Someone should please tell Fashola that if he wants a debate that bad,then he should debate with those striking doctors in Lagos state who he seems not to know how to handle
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by tunde300us(m): 11:41am On Feb 26, 2011
i think alj-harem shld please read his statement well before saying too much.Fashola was expressing his feelings as a Nigerian and asking for (presidential debates) and not (a presidential debates) between aspirants nt himself.

As much as i think we have rights to make comments on NL maybe we shld just read carefully before we comments so that our primary school cousins dont be the one to correct us grin
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by sided: 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2011
I am an admirer of Fashola but i can,t but condemn him in this.He should Liberate himself from Tinubu just like T.A Orji did in Abia State.Tinubu is a corrupt man and has succeeded in destroying our Judiciary.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by dabrake(m): 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2011
Beaf:

beaf, itz natural 2 b stupid bt u dnt av 2 expose dat. Wia do u liv cuz i reside @ uyo and any one wyf a human sense'll knw dat akpabio livs on attahs' projects. Akpabio hv only succeeded in trans4min' himslf 2 a legendary figure of a 1st class braggart of hs false exagerreratn of a prsn. How much does d state take annually? is it nt at least N300billion. by d way, watz difficult in guvnin' akwa ibom wyf less dan 4million feeble mynded pple(or praise singers). d populatn' of agberos in lagos alone exceeds dat. numerous hyper inflatd projects(1km of rd hia is constructd with N1billion. wat of a tropicana datz d foundation is nt evn laid bt bein publicisd as completd dat goes 4 N33.5billion! a similar plan wuz 2 tk place in abj wyf d same featurs & plan of dz imaginary tropicana goes 4 N5.2billion. I culd go on). y did he tried bribin pdp national secreteriat N3billion wen dey refusd 2 identify him as d pdp gubernatorial candidate? au come interpol interceptd $75million frm him. countless pple(ova 100)av bn killed 4 tryin 2 spk d truth. ma guy, dat akpabio can brag(& he mst av read dat 'braggin' as a course in d uni, say harvard) 2 b able 2 confuse doze hlf baked & uncooked americans(united state of aba). i culd go on. pls luk 4 some1 else 2 compare fashola wyf & nt dat ovabloatd fool called akpabio. is he nt d one dat sunk ova N3billion 2 finance dat anti-gej 'cult' 2 prevent gej frm bcomin ag. President(wen dat jagajaga gej wuz docile). mehn if u fink akpabio is beta dan fash, open a new thread 4 dat debate & i'll always floor u down wyf reasns y akpabio cnt b 1/8 as gud as fash. In d mean tym, reasn lyk a human being and nt lyk an animal wyf human head else, u'll make doze in ur village 2 b gr8ful 2 God 4 being an iliiterate
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by sheriffman(m): 12:49pm On Feb 26, 2011
I dont see anything wrong in calling 4 a debate involving all the presidential candidates inface anyone worth his salt will jump at the idea but trust nigerian politicians most of them will shy away from it citing wrong reasons.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by hackney(m): 1:12pm On Feb 26, 2011
My own question is: why is fashola not running for president, eh? ?
The man is on point every single time unlike all those old agents of satan in
the way of nigerian progress.

There should be a proper televised and live debate among aspirants to have a feel of what they are actually about.
That will also tell us who are puppets with no real agenda.

Nigeria can actually work only if a competent man is at the helm.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Alxmyr(m): 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2011
Whats the big deal.
Ikedi Ohakim called for debate btween Jonathan and others. Why didn't clueless Next report that.
Haliru Bello PDP chairman has been calling other presidential aspirants to come out of the hotel rooms in
Lagos and Abuja where they run their campaign to meet the people as GEJ has been doing, why was is not reported by NEXT.

I actually think many of Ribadu, Buhari and Shekarau supporters will be disappointed immensely because there is no better combination in the race than Jonathan/Sambo.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by congoshine(m): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2011
I think Beaf should cease contributing to this thread. angry

He keeps digging himself deeper with his rather embarrassing positions.

How can someone asking for presidential debate become an issue ? undecided
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2011
Yoruba F.o.o.l.s always show their rudeness always look at fashola calling for presidential debates
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 26, 2011
Yoruba F.o.o.l.s always show their rudeness always look at fashola calling for presidential debates
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by hbrednic: 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2011
It absolutly out of place for Fashola to be calling for a presidential debate,
I wonder who is advicing the young man.
Is he Ribadus speaker or lagos state governor
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by fstranger3(m): 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2011
I never liked this Fashola guy

How can a Yoruba man go to a daft and incompetent school like Uniben.

Incompetent schools breed incompetent leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Long term Agriculture is Not Way Foward Industrialization Is. (nigerian Economy) / Dino Melaye : You Dug Your Own Grave With Your Own Hands / 2023: Why North Will Give Amaechi Ticket To Settle Igbo Agitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.