Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre (32960 Views)

Timipre Sylva: Petrol Queues To Remain Until Full Deregulation / Timipre Sylva: Petrol Subsidy Will Soon Be Removed / David Lyon Visits Bola Tinubu With Timipre Sylva (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:55am On Sep 16, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Oya supporters club please over to you.
My only joy is that we all buy from the same market.

And I wish this will continue for the next 70 years,to help you tell your unborn kids how you made life earlier for them due to religious and ethnic intolerance

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only.
If it's #500/L this pple don't use their money to buy cos their cars are fuel by d government even dat of their in-laws
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 16, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
N300/liter should be more appropriate so that we will know who cracks first between Buhari's supporters and normal human beings.

/

So we should keep on paying subsides even if we can't afford it.

The harsh truth is if governments past and present had been sincere about removing subsides since the 1990s when the idea was first mooted, by now we won't be complaining about high fuel prices. We would even be exporting petrol self.

Subsides is why we have bad refineries, mass smuggling and theft of subsidy money and why NNPC is a poorly run and broke organisation, spending billions it should have spent fixing refineries importing fuel and making it cheap for end users. All for free oil. And all because it isn't profitable to refine fuel in this country because price controls

Yes, Buhari and his supporters are responsible too..because if they had removed subsidies in the first place in 2015 or of they hadn't decided to stop the previous government attempt to remove subsides in 2012 by now we would have had more refineries, and low fuel prices.

If you want fuel at 87 or 65 naira per liter, maybe we should hope crude goes up to 150 dollars a barrel.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by izubext007: 8:56am On Sep 16, 2020
leaving fuel subsidy before big sallah , and removing fuel subsidy after big sallah , is punishment to Christian's. dis thing should have been done by next year juanary.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by rolams(m): 8:57am On Sep 16, 2020
Imagine!
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Awoo88: 8:58am On Sep 16, 2020
So Nigerians should be grateful to bubu and his dead brain team for a small increase of 20 naira
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by akolat(m): 8:59am On Sep 16, 2020
This is indeed one chance..
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:01am On Sep 16, 2020
EmptyGarden:
I was thinking N200... They can't think of more ways to make life difficult for Nigerians. 4+4 merchants should really be proud.

round figure na

to make it easy to find change to customers
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Youatiku: 9:01am On Sep 16, 2020
‪See why Lewandowski Deserve Ballon d’Or 2020. �‬

‪Best Player in the World Robert Lewandowski Best Goals 2019/2020. �⚽️�‬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK9e3R6nYb0
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 16, 2020
Una never see anything gringringrin
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by judges: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2020
By the time the price of petrol reach N200 per liters, this govt will complete his regim. May God continue to provide for us to buy.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Gamezi(m): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2020
Rara kuku make it 1000 per litre , idiot

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 16, 2020
Thedeadman71:

The harsh truth is if governments past and present had been sincere about removing subsides since the 1990s when the idea was first mooted, by now we won't be complaining about high fuel prices. We would even be exporting petrol self.

Subsides is why we have bad refineries, mass smuggling and theft of subsidy money and why NNPC is a poorly run and broke organisation, spending billions it should have spent fixing refineries importing fuel and making it cheap for end users. All for free oil. And all because it isn't profitable to refine fuel in this country because price controls

Yes, Buhari and his supporters are responsible too..because if they had removed subsidies in the first place in 2015 or of they hadn't decided to stop the previous government attempt to remove subsides in 2012 by now we would have had more refineries, and low fuel prices.

If you want fuel at 87 or 65 naira per liter, maybe we should hope crude goes up to 150 dollars a barrel.
This is true but unfortunately minimum wage is still below 100$ do you expect the common man to support that kind of tactics, this rubbish is the government's fault fully, if this country had been leaded well since 1960 would this have been a story, sometimes self colonial rule dey look like heaven compared to this madness we call independence.

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 16, 2020
I totally agree with this former former governor and confirmed cocaine-addict. since raising the price to N161 per litre did not even cause Nigerians t blink in protest, perhaps it should be N300 per litre instead. We can take it grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by History555: 9:05am On Sep 16, 2020
I don't care as long as buhari supporters are buying fuel at the same price as my people, they can make it 250 a litre
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Monday60655(m): 9:05am On Sep 16, 2020
Useless APC government. When PMS was #87 under Giodluck Jonathan administration, the same APC said that Nigerian petrol price among most expensive in the world and highest in Africa. Today the same APC government increased it to #162 and they are still telling us that is the cheapest in Africa. What kind of inhuman is APC as a party.
Whoever vote or support APC in any level of future elections need to be checked for sanity.

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Fembleez1(m): 9:05am On Sep 16, 2020
Na wa o.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 16, 2020
Sai baba say 4+4.

Thank you Jesus.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by backnbeta(f): 9:10am On Sep 16, 2020
Brandstudio01:

And I wish this will continue for the next 70 years,to help you tell your unborn kids how you made life earlier for them due to religious and ethnic intolerance

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only.
Don't mind them... it's not like they can even afford the high cost of living their darling Daddy imposed on them! Zombies keep lurking at a corner of my estate, looking for 'wailers' to give them free ride because they can no longer afford to push their jalopies around due to the cost of fuel! I make them listen to the news and watch as they shamelessly look out the window in silence grin
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Lekan239(m): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2020
Brandstudio01:

once upon a time in Nigeria, petrol was sold for 600naira/litre and above
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by sally042(f): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2020
We must survive this Government whether devil like it or not���
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2020
SegFault:

This is true but unfortunately minimum wage is still below 100$ do you expect the common man to support that kind of tactics, this rubbish is the government's fault fully, if this country had been leaded well since 1960 would this have been a story, sometimes self colonial rule dey look like heaven compared to this madness we call independence.

Well it is the government's fault....for trying to run an economy on price controls...

If they hadn't the downstream sector would have been a job generator, and job provider....
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Oizee(f): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2020
God will surely punish all of dem, so they know Jonathan was actually doing what was the best den and dey were against it simply because of dere own selfishness, things were a bit ok then, we wouldn't have felt it that much.
Change is constant, I can't blame people who wanted a change though, dere were deceived by their promises. From positive change to negative change, God will surely deal with u all, either here or after
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 16, 2020
Thedeadman71:

Well it is the government's fault....for trying to run an economy on price controls...
And corruption too, not to mention the dumbass coups and the civil war that threatened to turn this country upside down. If Jonathan had removed this thing we would have been OK, chai. Na we use our hand kill ourselves.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by rontolo(m): 9:15am On Sep 16, 2020
You guys live with the monster you elected in Aso Rock. How could you not see his cruel incompetence is beyond me. Thank God I don’t live in that forsaken shithole

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by InvertedHammer: 9:18am On Sep 16, 2020
Thedeadman71:

/
Whatever will be saved from subsidy removal will be looted. So what diffetence does it make?

/

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by osazsky(m): 9:20am On Sep 16, 2020
Very good..Buhari shut Amy stupid protester.thk God for libration
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Pacesetter123(m): 9:22am On Sep 16, 2020
Mr Minister, with due respect to you sir, you av succeeded in saying nothing.I mean nothing!If this is the only thing that Nigeria masses can benefit from FG,then do it.Pay de subsidy for us to get fuel at #45 per liter.I am strongly against fuel subsidy removal.This is because the #720 billion that will be saved per annum won't be used for any meaningful project.There will be no refinery,good road n other infrastructures.Rather,the money will be re-looted by all de privileged individuals.So wots de need for subsidy removal?
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 16, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Whatever will be saved from subsidy removal will be looted. So what diffetence does it make?

/

That's where the citizens come in

Democracy is not just voting and sitting at home.It is about acting as monitoring spirit to the people you voted in

Besides, here's a thought....the savings generated gives NLC a strong bargaining point re improved minimum wage. Same for unions in thehealth and education sector re funding
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by dalass(f): 9:24am On Sep 16, 2020
SpecTTraP:
Lol. Fuel price is tilting towards N300 like it or leave it.

300 ke? I was about to say that they're targeting 200 per litre... Anyways..

Na Naija we dey, no one to fight it. We'll buy it and inflation will continue to rise except something is done fast
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petrol Price Should Be N181 Per Litre by WinLABSstores: 9:25am On Sep 16, 2020
Sai barber grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-Governor Loses Hotel In Singapore To Mistress / Don’t Let Anambra People Hear That You Called Me Analogue - Ngige / Babangida And Abdulsalami Abubakar At Eid Prayer In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.