Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,581 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) (57236 Views)

Michael Okpara University Final Year Students Spray Cash After Final Paper (Pix) / Afe Babalola University Student Beats Up Female Lecturer (Video) / Disabled South African Lady Graduates After Being Discouraged By Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Kingproy(m): 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2020
na2016:

Read and read with understanding bro

U guys are very big problem in Nigeria
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by damosky12(m): 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2020
HigherEd:

Well CU isn't in UK and doesn't strive to behave like a UK university. It has her own community culture and ideology which should not be subjected to thoughts and norms of westernisation. Despite her conservative nature and age, it's doing great in the comity of reputable varsities as attested by the British ranking organization (THE2019), where it clearly surpassed a number of UK varsities.

The idea that a Nigerian university located in Ota must conform to the culture of a British university for legitimacy reeks of intellectual colonialism. The Qatari man, Ahmed expects his workers to wear jalamia to work is no less than Sir Cornwell who expects his to suit and tie up.

Those that want British themed education should add more money and head for MMIA. London is only six hours away.

I love your loyalty. Keep it up bro!
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Glorified secondary school
Must be better than where you finished, I guessed? Wake up man!
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by whitedove(m): 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2020
Drizzy5001:
CU=Children university
Actually that is what he signed for.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by harriet412(f): 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2020
The guy is low-key ugly

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by na2016: 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2020
Kingproy:

U guys are very big problem in Nigeria

shocked shocked :oHow
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by JIMMY1393: 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2020
LikeAking:

Guy pls look at the biggest picture.

The most successful men in the world solve probllems,thats the mindset of greatness.

Look at the big picture.

We should be attending UNI to enable us solve problems in the world,especially the African problem.

Most of the grads in this country are not solving the AFRICAN/Nigerian problems with our talents.One of the reasons Nigeria is backward.

Employed/selfemployed Grads solving the African problem will be of a greater inpact life.

Life should not be about earning salary,getting married,having kids,paying fees,etc.(African tradition)

Have you discovered that self employed grads make it biga?.

Lets solve the African Problem:Empoloyed/selfemployed grads should also take this route.

Yes yes you have a point...people should be solving problems of the world...I wholeheartedly agree....but someone that has problems of his own cannot go and be solving other people's problems....all these problem solvers, bill gates, Elon musk, philanthropists, researchers, archeologists, historians....are they all not working? Researchers, scientists, for example go to school for the necessary knowledge and training and then after either set up their own company or work with a certain company to do some research and work that will better human lives, which they at the end get paid for...I don't think any sane human being would want to be a slave to the world all in the name of solving problems and be working all day everyday and then not even have money to eat..NO! They do it cos after all their sweating they are achieving 2 things 1. Helping humans 2. Working a job that pays

Life should not be about earning salary,getting married,having kids,paying fees,etc.(African tradition)

You are misquoting me here...I said job is as important as life itself.....sustaining a living is what I'm driving at, who gives a flying fvck about marriage and kids...OK please mention 1 just 1 oh not even 2 persons that you know that's doesn't have a job but is solving problems of the world? Is it bill gates? He has a job...is it Elon musk? He also has a job...so who?

The most successful men in the world solve probllems,thats the mindset of greatness.

Lol bro you've even helped me to buttress my point even further...emphasis on the bolded word...why are they successful? Because they have a job and when they have made enough money to last a life time they start helping others

You that's even talking why don't you leave your job and start helping Nigeria solve it's problems?
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by earnit3: 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2020
oh
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Drizzy5001(m): 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2020
na2016:

Yet they are highly ranked more than some UK Universities? Publishing on high impact journals than any other University in Nigeria and even some UK unis?
I think you need to have a rethink.
Lols, na joke o
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2020
JIMMY1393:

I 100% agree with you that appearance is important...BUT that doesn't mean they should force him to shave...for crying out loud this is someone that's about to graduate they are treating like he's 17...if I went for an interview and I had full hair and beards...that alone is not a good appearance but I'm sure no interviewer will now say "oya you must cut your hair before we interview you" that's stupid and a controlling behavior...what they will do is probably reduce point or not even take my interview serious cos I don't look like someone they want for the job...same thing the cu lecturers could have done...subtract points for his appearance...mention it to him that it's not good to look like that and advice him but don't fucking force someone that's above 18 to go and shave...that mentality is what's killing cu graduates
which one would you have prefared? Someone that tells you to go home and dress properly and allows you to participate and passed you and the one that refused to tell you and then failed you at the end because of your appearance? I tell you he was so lucky to have a lecturer that told him the truth and latter allowed him to participate and at the end passed him. Others would have prefer to remain mute and failed him for that appearance.
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by victorDanladi: 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2020
Maxymilliano:

He's a product of CU and not a quranic school, shaving off his taliban-like beards is the best for him.

THE BIGGEST TALIBAN THAT HAD TO DIE FOR THE SAME PEOPLE HE CREATED grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by SUPERPACK: 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2020
Kingproy:

What's clean?

Shaving off what God gave you it's what u are calling unclean
God also gave you hair in your armpit and hairs in groin. Why do you shave them? Why not plait the hairs in your armpit or stop shaving since it is what God gave you.
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by FullBlastLight: 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2020
shugabasbn:

All the Jews Prophets including Jesus Christ leaves bears. At least we watched their movies
Anyway, when there is misplaced priority, nothing is impossible in Naija.

If the guy is unkept tell him to go and dress well.

So all d jewish prophets dt kept beards wich Universities did they carry d beards to, to defend their final year projects without being bounced nah? Huh?
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by noble2faith(m): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2020
Ballad500:
35k Price returns to normal in few hours time
ṣe ogún láyé ní?
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by PrettyNengiBBN: 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2020
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Excellent7(m): 9:03pm On Sep 16, 2020
I am looking at this from a different angle.
In this era of internet people do not seem to understand a few things.

First the school I guess is known to have strict rules and the guy most probably knew this before he enrolled and/or during the course of his study there.

Secondly, your project or thesis defence is a serious academic exercise and the extant school rules applies whether presencial or virtual. It is actually an examination.

Thirdly, the use of recording devices are mostly not allowed in an exam environments. Whosoever posted this video on the internet is apparently lacking in both wisdom and workplace ethics. Recording people without their consent and publishing same is bad. Recording your bosses and superiors and publishing it is worse.

Whoever published this does not wish the guy involved well. If this is published by the guy involved or with his approval, I conclude that the guy may not have imbibed the "discipline" the professor was attempting to get him to appreciate. I hope he does not carry this over to a work environment!
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Darkpanthera: 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2020
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by tolguy(m): 12:03am On Sep 17, 2020
Maxymilliano:

He's a product of CU and not a quranic school, shaving off his taliban-like beards is the best for him.

mumu even jesus na beard man
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by olmoRoc: 12:48am On Sep 17, 2020
The lecturer had no right to make you shave.

As a matter of fact, there are affordable distance learning institutions worldwide for anyone who cares.
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by captain247: 3:53am On Sep 17, 2020
This is not new in our society besides it is discipline and in case you don't know that it add up to make the degree you'll be issued.
That is how many go to job interview and are disqualified for improper dressing/ poor appearance and then you will run to social media and cry fowl. Accept discipline and stop lamenting as if the whole world is on you. Ordinary beards you lament on media go and apply for job then you will know how market.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Superpower(m): 6:43am On Sep 17, 2020
SmartProf:
Very hilarious. Meanwhile during my postgraduate degree programme in a UK Uni, there was no appearance nor dress code. Loads of persons wore shorts, winter jackets, even leggings. Some white dudes had earrings on. And this was in a very professional medical programme. The African society is just a different one.
Nigerians always ignore the important things and focus on irrelevant things

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Kingproy(m): 11:09am On Sep 17, 2020
SUPERPACK:
God also gave you hair in your armpit and hairs in groin. Why do you shave them? Why not plait the hairs in your armpit or stop shaving since it is what God gave you.

I don't shave

I maintain my hairs
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by JIMMY1393: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
Odidigboigbo:
which one would you have prefared? Someone that tells you to go home and dress properly and allows you to participate and passed you and the one that refused to tell you and then failed you at the end because of your appearance? I tell you he was so lucky to have a lecturer that told him the truth and latter allowed him to participate and at the end passed him. Others would have prefer to remain mute and failed him for that appearance.

Did you read what I wrote at all? I said they should mention and advice the person and reduce mark...if the person fails cos of the reducted mark then that's a lesson for him to learn from...most people learn from mistakes/regrests more than when they are advices...if the lecturer said he advices the boy goes and shaves and comes back and retakes the test and passes him later ok fine by me....but FORCING him is where me im saying he is wrong....everyone has rights/freedom regardless of if what they are doing is wrong....YOU MUST CUT YOUR HAIR OR YOU WON'T DO THIS DEFENSE is different from I ADVICE YOU TO GO AND CUT YOUR HAIR AND THEN RETAKE THE DEFENSE OR DO THE DEFENSE AND LOOSE MARK FOR APPEARANCE...in the latter case it's up to the boy to now use his sense as a human being and do what's right
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by edoairways: 10:58pm On Sep 17, 2020
Appearance, body composure, presentations, content and just to mention a few are what they use to grade students during their defense. It is were to be an M.sc or PhD seminar or dissertation, he will loose some marks or maybe asked to repeat such presentation. Would this student carry bears to a bank interview if called upon? University award degree not just in knowledge but in character. That dude should even appreciate the leniency on the part of the examiners who cautioned him rather than reduce his mark
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by edoairways: 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2020
olmoRoc:
The lecturer had no right to make you shave.

As a matter of fact, there are affordable distance learning institutions worldwide for anyone who cares.
As far as he is a student of CU, the lecturer has every right.
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Samysearch(m): 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2020
Maxymilliano:

How dump you people are! U call people with derogatory names for keeping beard in the name of religion & u worship the picture of Jesus (AS) who equally had beard by ur own drawing.

Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Ilekokonit: 1:42am On Apr 30, 2021
Too many bullies in Nigeria both inside and outside religious institutions.

That shameless lecturer and his accomplices can not survive one week as a lecturer in a civilised country with their loud bullying antics.

I will not be suprised if the student faces retribution from the petty lecturers from that petty university for posting the video online.
Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Regex: 7:41am On Apr 30, 2021
Ilekokonit:
Too many bullies in Nigeria both inside and outside religious institutions.

That shameless lecturer and his accomplices can not survive one week as a lecturer in a civilised country with their loud bullying antics.

I will not be suprised if the student faces retribution from the petty lecturers from that petty university for posting the video online.

My lecturer for UK here, get tattoo for hand, has a nose and mouth ring. Even one on her tongue. She teaches photoshop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Final Year Student Forced To Shave Beard By Lecturer(video) by Ilekokonit: 10:19pm On May 01, 2021
Regex:

My lecturer for UK here, get tattoo for hand, has a nose and mouth ring. Even one on her tongue. She teaches photoshop.

You know that oyinbo people do not smack their kids and do not believe in corporal punishment. Instead, they reason with their kids and this by and large makes their kids super confident and fearless and much closer to factory settings than African kids who have hidden traumas from childhood brutal smackings and these hidden traumas may actually prevent such adults achieving their full potential as their creativity may have been stifled by the fear instilled in them from childhood beatings.

I remember my Dad telling us as kids that if we can prove that he is wrong, he will apologise to us and that put us at ease with him as we could reason and discuss logic with him at all times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vice-chancellors Of Nigeria Universities (photos) / The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi / Aluta Jango Finally Graduates From UNIJOS After 13 Years (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.