Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers (50214 Views)

Magu Rejected As PSC Promotes Senior Officers / IKONSO WAS Tortured To Death Bullet Refuse To Penetrate His Body . ( Picture ) / Konshisha: Nigerian Army Buries Captain, 11 Soldiers Killed By Bandits In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by AprokoGirl: 7:29am On Sep 17, 2020
The Nigerian Army, on Wednesday, interred the remains of Lance Corporal Benjamin Collins, who was tortured to death by three senior officers at the Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja, in 2017.

Collins was buried with full military honours at the Guards Brigade cemetery along Kubwa Expressway by soldiers from the Army Headquarters Garrison Battalion.

The funeral was attended by his mother, Mrs Kate Dioma; uncle, Justice Daniel Isiagor of the Federal High Court; lawyer, Dr Johnson Oyewole; and representatives of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai.

The national flag was presented to the deceased’s mother by Lt. Col. S. Shuaibu on behalf of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Oyewole, who fought to ensure justice for the deceased, thanked the COAS and the Army Headquarters Garrison Battalion for approving the funeral.

A general court martial had in February sentenced Majors Akeem Oseni and Ogbemudia Osawe, and Second Lieutenant Nuhu Dogary to 10 years’ imprisonment for torturing Collins to death.

The officers were found guilty of manslaughter by the GMC comprised of the President, Brig. Gen. G. Umelo; Brig. Gen. S. Aliyu; Brig. Gen, A. Edet; Brig. N. Mohammed; and Cols. K. Ndamadu, T. Agbor, and I. Tanko.

The convicts were said to have moved Collins from a guardroom at Mogadishu Barracks to a bush near the Ihejirika Quarters along the Abuja-Nyanya Expressway, where he was assaulted while in handcuffs and leg chains.

Collins, who hailed from Rivers State, died after the assault, which took place on February 23, 2017, and his corpse was deposited in Asokoro General Hospital morgue.

After the incident, the officers reported to their superiors that Collins, who was held for over two years for travelling to Lagos to see his sick aunt without official permission, had escaped from custody.

Source: https://punchng.com/army-buries-soldier-tortured-to-death-by-senior-officers/

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by PlayerMeji: 7:31am On Sep 17, 2020
Hmmm..

Army tortures Comrade to death yet flees from invading Boko Haramists..

This is the newest word in my vocabulary now.. Boko Haramist

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by kessling: 7:32am On Sep 17, 2020
Just 10 years for these boko haram. May his soul rest in peace

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Jafar1: 7:33am On Sep 17, 2020
The Nigerian Army recruit is like a suicide mission!!

RIP!

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Jumlek2411: 7:37am On Sep 17, 2020
This is very serious.

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by nairavsdollars(f): 7:39am On Sep 17, 2020
Evil people. Reason why I don't pity them when Boko Haram attacks them

41 Likes

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Karemarealty288(m): 7:41am On Sep 17, 2020
10 years and a dent in their military career cos of man inhumanity to man

3 Likes

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by SpecTTraP: 7:50am On Sep 17, 2020
Deep
Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by StandardJohn(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2020
The day I'll become a governor, president or Be in any high office, no murderer will live. If you're tried and found guilty, you must be made to trade the same path you made another trade. I hate nonsense.

144 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Mysticwebb: 8:04am On Sep 17, 2020
Why not life imprisonment? Why just 10yrs and no dismissal from service? What kind of half justice is this?
Man know man is what happened at the General Martial Court, not justice to the victim at all.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Nbotee(m): 8:10am On Sep 17, 2020
I'm sure dey even got d 10yrs becos d uncle of the victim is a Judge of the Federal High Court... If not, I'm sure d case would have been swept under the carpet and nothing happens... I remember a case where one was locked up in d guard room for weeks and summarily dismissed for going to visit his sick wife. Anoda was dismissed for reporting gun running in a barracks

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Jostoman: 8:12am On Sep 17, 2020
What about police that always give Audio dismissed to those shi Sha smoking police officer that always kill innocent citizen.

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
A general court martial had in February sentenced Majors Akeem Oseni and Ogbemudia Osawe, and Second Lieutenant Nuhu Dogary to 10 years’ imprisonment for torturing Collins to death.
Mere 10 years imprisonment?
They murderers definitely deserve more than that!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
StandardJohn:
The day I'll become a governor, president or Be in any high office, no murderer will live. If you're tried and found guilty, you must be made to trade the same path you made another trade. I hate nonsense.
GBAMSOLUTELY and SECONDED!
After the murder case has been proven beyond reasonable doubt tho'

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by MzMercie: 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2020
angry
Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by slivertongue: 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
wicked people kawai
Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by segebase(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
n
Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by phlame(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
Imagine the Nonsense!!!

A Nation filled with power drunk cowards

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Sabadon(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
nothing left to see in this country
Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by osamz007: 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
10 YEARS IN PRISON FOR FIRST DEGREE MURDER

FAILED STATE

NO YOUNG MAN SHOULD APPLY FOR ARMY JOB OOO. ESPECIALLY FOOT SOLDIER POST THIS COUNTRY GO SACRIFICE YOU FOR NO GAIN

14 Likes

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by odinga1of: 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
StandardJohn:

What state are you from ? Let me dissect your political journey
Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by SmartyPants(m): 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
In my opinion, justice has not been served here. This was no manslaughter but clear premeditated murder by the terms set forth in law.

1. What was he moved out of the barracks to the bush for?

2. What was he assaulted in chains for?

10 Likes

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Harrykn: 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Why is catfish always used for peppersoup
Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Perfecttouchade: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Agboki: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
Africans with power lyk 2 dey always do anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
Getting killed by Boko Haram is even more honorable than such death.

Condelence to the bereaved

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by nerorex01: 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2020
Man inhumane activity to man embarassed
Re: Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers by gsmcoder: 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2020
Kai

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Offa Bank Robbery: What Suspects Said To Implicate Saraki – Police / Buhari Supporters & Anti-Buhari Protesters Clash In London: Pictures & Video / Oby Ezekwesili Tweets About Sugabelly(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.