Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu (1047 Views)

PDP G-5 Must Stop Arrogating Powers They Don’t Have To Themselves – Babatope / 2023: Nobody Will Get Our Ticket On A Silver Platter, APC Tells Tinubu / Bamgbose Tells Tinubu: Buhari Has Killed Your Ambition, You Can’t Be President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by nairavsdollars(f): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has cautioned Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos state and National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to desist from arrogating powers he doesn’t have to himself, especially on this weekend’s governorship election in Edo state.

Tinubu, in a televised broadcast, had appealed to Edo voters to reject Governor Godwin Obaseki, candidate of the PDP in the election, saying as a dictator, the governor does not deserve a single vote in the election for non-performance and violation of democratic values.

“I want to appeal to you to reject Godwin Obaseki in this coming election. I have suffered with many others to bring about this democratic regime, that today, we are enjoying in the country. Then, Godwin Obaseki didn’t participate in any aspect of the struggle to enshrine democracy in the country".

“He (Obaseki) does not deserve any democratic ballot paper. Don’t vote for him, I appeal to all of you.”

However, speaking in an interview with INDEPENDENT, Kola Ologbondiyan, the PDP’s National Publicity Secretary, said the broadcast made by Tinubu on the Edo governorship election is ill-conceived and will have no bearing on the outcome of the election.

According to him, Tinubu’s claim that Obaseki was not part of the June 12 struggle does not hold water as President Muhammadu Buhari whom Tinubu assisted to win the Presidential election in 2015 and 2019 was also not part of the struggle.

“I do not think that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was rightly advised on that broadcast. I do not why he will arrogate to himself the powers that he doesn’t have. Some of the issues that he raised in that broadcast were totally misplaced.

“As a matter of fact, the basis of his argument against Governor Godwin Obaseki is too illogical. He claimed that Governor Obaseki was not there when they were fighting for democracy and June 12 struggle".

“The question many Nigerians should ask him is ‘Was Buhari with them when they were fighting for June 12?’ Tinubu played a huge role in the emergence of Buhari in 2015 and 2019; was Buhari part of the June 12 struggle? General Muhammadu Buhari, as he was then called and known was in league with the Sani Abacha regime then.

“So, I think those who advised Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to make that broadcast truly misadvised. We in PDP consider that address as ill-conceived and has no bearing whatsoever to democracy and the Edo election.”

https://www.independent.ng/edo-guber-stop-arrogating-to-yourself-powers-you-dont-have-pdp-tells-tinubu/

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by Sammy07: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2020
Na wa oooo.
Someone spoke 2 - 3days ago, you guys are still analysing his words

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by solmus: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2020
cool

When Oshiomhole the greatest NLC leader ever was going to prison frequently because of democracy where was Obaseki , kola ologbondiyan and PDP supporters

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by WorkTheTalk(m): 11:09am On Sep 17, 2020
Tinubu thinks he owns Nigeria. Telling what to expect if he becomes Nigerian president tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by Sammy07: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2020
WorkTheTalk:
Tinubu this he owns Nigeria. Telling what to expect if he becomes Nigerian president tomorrow.

But atiku also told Edo people to vote Obaseki.

You party lovers are worse than politicians.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by bolaayenimo: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2020
See how PDP dey disgrace your leader

Sammy07:
Na wa oooo.
Someone spoke 2 - 3days ago, you guys are still analysing his words

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by Sammy07: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2020
bolaayenimo:
See how PDP dey disgrace your leader

Where did you see supporting a political party

I'm always in support of Yorubas except some efululu (FFK & Muric Professor Processor)

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by slivertongue: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2020
tinubu sees himself as a president in waiting. he has inflated his importance sure that nobody wants his bullion van ideology

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by slivertongue: 11:31am On Sep 17, 2020
“I do not think that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was rightly advised on that broadcast. I do not why he will arrogate to himself the powers that he doesn’t have. Some of the issues that he raised in that broadcast were totally misplaced"

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by slivertongue: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2020
“The question many Nigerians should ask him is ‘Was Buhari with them when they were fighting for June 12?’ Tinubu played a huge role in the emergence of Buhari in 2015 and 2019; was Buhari part of the June 12 struggle? General Muhammadu Buhari, as he was then called and known was in league with the Sani Abacha regime then"

3 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by BeSpect(f): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by WorkTheTalk(m): 12:20pm On Sep 17, 2020
Sammy07:

But atiku also told Edo people to vote Obaseki.

You party lovers are worse than politicians.
I'm sure Atiku will not go to Edo State with 'Bullion Van'. I can say the same about Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:58pm On Sep 17, 2020
JAGABAN, the nightmare of PDP criminals and their foolish, small thieves supporters castigating sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by IamWonderful: 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
Why is PDP crying about Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by muykem: 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
But why is that nobody is analysing Atiku statement? Is it that the statement didn't carry any weight?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by nairavsdollars(f): 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good question
slivertongue:
“The question many Nigerians should ask him is ‘Was Buhari with them when they were fighting for June 12?’ Tinubu played a huge role in the emergence of Buhari in 2015 and 2019; was Buhari part of the June 12 struggle? General Muhammadu Buhari, as he was then called and known was in league with the Sani Abacha regime then"

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by fergie001: 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2020
Sammy07:

Where did you see supporting a political party

I'm always in support of Yorubas except some efululu (FFK & Muric Professor Processor)
@ the bolded.......Even if they might be in the wrong?

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by Sammy07: 8:23pm On Sep 17, 2020
fergie001:
@ the bolded.......Even if they might be in the wrong?
Nope. When they're wrong, I rebuke them.
Re: Edo Guber: Stop Arrogating To Yourself Powers You Don’t Have, PDP Tells Tinubu by BoboNogoDiee: 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

Nope.
When they're wrong, I rebuke them.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Debates2020: Watch Joe Biden's Reaction After Trump Revealed Biden's Son Was Kic / We Must Live For A Better Future / Hypocrisy. Peter Obi Begs Youth To End Protest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.