Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG (53956 Views)

"I Am Ready To Work With Obaseki" - Ize-Iyamu / Edo PDP Governorship Ticket: Untold Story Of How Obaseki Emerged / How Obaseki, Oshiomhole Became Pawns In The Anti-tinubu Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by joeking2222: 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2020
grin......the way this guy dey deceive himself on top EDO election just dey make me lafff. All this TV stations no dey wen APC rigged the last lection for OBASEKI abi? Baba, next week Sunday ur eyes go clear like who WOMAN hold hm PREEK tight!!!!
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Obaseki is wining this election
Am going to my village in uhunwmode local government area of Edo state to cast my vote for obaseki... uhunwmode is close to esan land but not esan...esan land and my local government is for PDP

Alot of observers on ground....most media house are owned by PDP......it will be very difficult for APC to rig
Independent television-pdp( esama igbinedion)
Silver bird-pdp
Ebs( state owned) - PDP
Ait- PDP
Ku fm-pdp( Chief Mike Oghiadomhe )
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by garfield1: 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
OasisT:
I[b]t will be hard for PDP because most of the bigwigs given supports are not from Edo. [/b]The influence of Capt Hosa and POI will weaken the Obaseki endeavors coupled with the fact that he did not do more on infrastructures like the predecessor. Most of the political foot soldiers don't trust him.

Edo Central won't 100% for him but likely 60-40 because of the influence of party structure of APC that didn't go with him in that area.

Edo North won't be 100% for APC but that is where massive make up will happen and Shuaibu will be tamed in Jattu.

The senatorial elections PDP is talking about and last presidential was intentionally allowed to mock Obaseki and draw him to the discussion table in which he turned bad eyes to.

Tomorrow is pregnant and expect more drama before Saturday morning. My prayer is that the best out of the 2 wrongs will win irrespective of their parties

The first bolded is very true.they can only provide moral support.you need men from edo
The second highlighted point is another area obaseki is seriously failing in..
Your second paragraph is what I've been harping on but I wonder how Phillip will be tamed in jattu
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by 27Pushing30: 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2020
Johnames:
The Edo people have made their choice.... Obaseki is the man, the choice here is very clear, the Edolites have choosed to move forward not backward

Lol well done ... official mouth piece of Edo people
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by garfield1: 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2020
fergie001:

Exactly, so this scenario is even more strange.
It is Obaseki (not PDP), Oshiomhole (with some renegade APC members) & Ize-Iyamu (who has some PDP following as well).

I wish my state is like edo politically
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by OasisT: 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2020
garfield1:

I wanted to say this to fergie.apc has mastered the art and act of winning local or state elections in edo but find it difficult to win nass polls

I will conclude that whatever happens, Obaseki did not manage the 2016 victory well and the result pushed him out of APC. If he dares do that in PDP, he will not last 2 years in power. He should ask himself very honest question " Apart from being a governor, how strong is he politically ?". It is obvious Philip will go back to APC someday but this election is the definition of Obaseki as a politician.

He deliberately dodged promising the central support in 2024 to produce the next governor and that will speak volume tomorrow from the result that will come out

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by fergie001: 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2020
garfield1:
I think the section of apc loyal to obaseki has been tamed and silenced and largely irrelevant thereby resorting to litigations.don't forget pastor has sympathisers in pdp also.

Both pastor and obaseki are evenly matched but when you add oshiomhole and federal might,pastor moves ahead.
Obaseki needs to win massively at polling units
On a one-on-one pedestal without incumbency, Ize-Iyamu is a more popular politician. However, this is an election against an incumbent who is from the most densely-populated area of the State.

Those members in their few numbers can really hurt you. Bauchi for ex...The President did win there.

You speak of Federal might, this President seems a bit disinterested in this Edo election. I think majority of APC bigwigs will get involved with Ondo which I think they will win. (my personal thoughts)
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by fergie001: 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2020
garfield1:
I wish my state is like edo politically
There are some States that will vote for an individual than the Party.
My State votes for PARTY.
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by Sardume: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2020
All these analysis is inconsequential coz as long as it is a staggered election in Nigeria, APC can and will never loose d election. If this Edo election was conducted during d general election, Obaseki would have emerge winner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by Ewedegubbler: 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2020
Edo south should have been a deciding factor if the Igbos there turn up and vote for their usual PDP. But the problem is that Igbos generally rarely ever turn up on voting days. They dont seem to care about voting but cry afterwards.

The only thing that seem to hate more than voting seem to be islam and its mumbo jumbo
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by OVB123: 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2020
SaintLucia:
Still in Auchi. Shuaibu was disgraced and humiliated yesterday in his ward. He wanted to show his street credibility like Oshiohmole but was disgraced. The people were shouting Philip Ole!!!!!! My own be say no IPOB clown should come online tomorrow and shout rigging. Obagone has no political structure in Edo state, he lost his polling unit, ward and local government to Ize Iyamu, in fact, all his senatorial and House of Reprenstative candidates lost to Ize Iyamu in the last general election. The combinations of Oshobaba and Ize Iyamu will be too strong for Obagone.
You are talking rubbished. Do you know that even the APC know very well that PDP will win Edo south and in general Edo state? that is why they are trying to use federal might by all means but it will not work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by UGBE634: 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:
Wow.. I just got to know that Benin is not even a LGA
*SIR I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY THIS BUT BENIN IS THE LARGEST CITY IN THE SOUTH SOUTH REGION BOTH IN TERMS OF LAND SIZE AND POPULATION TODAY. BENIN IS MADE UP OF 5 LOCAL GOVERNMENT TODAY WITH OVER 1200 KM LAND STRETCH, IT IS THE SECOND LARGEST CITY IN NIGERIA IN TERMS OF LANDMASS. IT IS MADE UP OF OREDO, EGOR, PART OF IKPOBA OKHA, PART OF OVIA NORTH EAST AND PART OF UHUWONDE RESPECTIVELY TODAY MAKE UP THE BENIN METROPOLIS*

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by talkingdrivel(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
Oh OK bro....I was refering to land mass
garfield1:

In terms of land mass or population.it and etsako west usually gives bloc votes
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by garfield1: 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2020
fergie001:

On a one-on-one pedestal without incumbency, Ize-Iyamu is a more popular politician. However, this is an election against an incumbent who is from the most densely-populated area of the State.

Those members in their few numbers can really hurt you. Bauchi for ex...The President did win there.

You speak of Federal might, this President seems a bit disinterested in this Edo election. I think majority of APC bigwigs will get involved with Ondo which I think they will win. (my personal thoughts)

Ondo will be far easier to win than edo.if you look at buhari since 2015,you will discover that he never gets involved directly.he does as if he doesn't care but you will see his men doing the damage.in osun,he was abroad but you saw what happened.the video of oshio and gambari and ganduje flying with the presidential jet is clear enough

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by bizzibodi(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2020
Chei!na so iyze Iyamu to win Edo gorbernotorial election.
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
Thomthom:
4+4 Esan can't wait for another 8 years.. Obaseki should finish his remaining 4 years
yes o,
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by yaki84: 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2020
chiol:

This is how elections should be, unlike the selections in Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia states. In those states, once you are selected by the PDP cabals, go and sleep, you have already won. Even if you are a devil and other party candidates are saints, they will still vote for you because of PDP that never did anything for the region.
And also in Lagos, osun ogun etc. Once u get apc flag, u r done with the main election.
Who no be thief for Nigeria?
Do u know how much is embezzled daily in Lagos by those who r in charge?
For ur mind Lagos is being governed well than those states u mention. Lagos that generates more than 30billion daily which sum up to 900billion. Has it reflected on the development on ground?
There r no saints in Nigeria, buhari is an example.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by SaintLucia: 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
OVB123:
You are talking rubbished. Do you know that even the APC know very well that PDP will win Edo south and in general Edo state? that is why they are trying to use federal might by all means but it will not work.
Still in Auchi. Shuaibu was disgraced and humiliated yesterday in his ward. He wanted to show his street credibility like Oshiohmole but was disgraced. The people were shouting Philip Ole!!!!!! My own be say no IPOB clown should come online tomorrow and shout rigging. Obagone has no political structure in Edo state, he lost his polling unit, ward and local government to Ize Iyamu, in fact, all his senatorial and House of Reprenstative candidates lost to Ize Iyamu in the last general election. The combinations of Oshobaba and Ize Iyamu will be too strong for Obagone.
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by truentalk: 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2020
richiemcgold:

Oga don't mislead people here, abeg. Especially those who might not be able to read the whole piece. It wasn't stated anywhere in the analysis that pastor will win, neither was obaseki touted as likely winner. But if you follow the analysis very well, you'll see that pdp stands better chance in edo south and central than apc.
Go back and read again in edo south
3 LG is sure for apc
2 LG is sure for pdp
2 LG are battlegrounds
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by SaintLucia: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
garfield1:

Where is Phillip from
Jattu. He was disgraced in a rally yesterday when he wanted to show his street credibility like Oshobaba. Philip Shuaibu is nothing and powerless without his thugs. grin
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by garfield1: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
SaintLucia:
Jattu. He was disgraced in a rally yesterday when he wanted to show his street credibility like Oshobaba. Philip Shuaibu is nothing and powerless without his thugs. grin

But his thugs are still there
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by fergie001: 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
garfield1:

Ondo will be far easier to win than edo.if you look at buhari since 2015,you will discover that he never gets involved directly.he does as if he doesn't care but you will see his men doing the damage.in osun,he was abroad but you saw what happened.the video of oshio and gambari and ganduje flying with the presidential jet is clear enough
Those states you mentioned....he showed his hand.
Ondo, Ekiti, Kogi....He showed his hand & really got involved.
Osun, Bayelsa...He left the men there to take care of things.

Moreover, this is Edo..the Oba has very huge influence.

Also, it is public knowledge that a faction wants to clean out another faction and Edo is the playground.

Maybe these factors are playing out.
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by SaintLucia: 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
garfield1:

But his thugs are still there
Jattu. He was disgraced in a rally yesterday when he wanted to show his street credibility like Oshobaba. Philip Shuaibu is nothing and powerless without his thugs. His thugs has been tamped. grin
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by donphilopus: 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2020
kahal29:

My Oga no shock anybody Oooo. POI will carry the day.

Are you in Edo State? grin

If the election is free and fair boss, I assure you that GGO will win. Let's see how it goes though.
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by truentalk: 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
yaki84:

And also in Lagos, osun ogun etc. Once u get apc flag, u r done with the main election.
Who no be thief for Nigeria?
Do u know how much is embezzled daily in Lagos by those who r in charge?
For ur mind Lagos is being governed well than those states u mention. Lagos that generates more than 30billion daily which sum up to 900billion. Has it reflected on the development on ground?
There r no saints in Nigeria, buhari is an example.
Checkout the political history of southwest, they never vote for political party but competency
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by garfield1: 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
SaintLucia:
Jattu. He was disgraced in a rally yesterday when he wanted to show his street credibility like Oshobaba. Philip Shuaibu is nothing and powerless without his thugs. His thugs has been tamped. grin

I thought he is from uzairue
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by SaintLucia: 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
garfield1:

I thought he is from uzairue
Uzairue is the general name for the clan of which Jattu belongs to. He was disgraced and humiliated yesterday there grin
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by garfield1: 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
fergie001:

Those states you mentioned....he showed his hand.
Ondo, Ekiti, Kogi....He showed his hand & really got involved.
Osun, Bayelsa...He left the men there to take care of things.

Moreover, this is Edo..the Oba has very huge influence.

Also, it is public knowledge that a faction wants to clean out another faction and Edo is the playground.

Maybe these factors are playing out.

The men that took care of osun and bayelsa are still those in edo
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by Levels1(m): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
Johnames:
The Edo people have made their choice.... Obaseki is the man, the choice here is very clear, the Edolites have choosed to move forward not backward

So you will speak for all reasonable Edo people who are 100% ready to send Obasiki out of power and put people's choice. Pls speak for yourself and don't even try speaking for your siblings/households
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by fergie001: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2020
garfield1:

The men that took care of osun and bayelsa are still those in edo
Well, on Sunday sha....We celebrate the winner.
Re: Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG by yaki84: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2020
truentalk:

Checkout the political history of southwest, they never vote for political party but competency
Also check out the political history of those states, those who form, congregate to other parties were once part of the leading party in those states. They r aggrieved persons so they can't win.
Or do u expect the dep governor of ondo state to win?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Onyekachi Elechi Is Dead. Martin Elechi's Son Dies (Photo) / Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... / ’48 Boko Haram Fighters Killed, 3 Arrested’ As Soldiers Repel Xmas Eve Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.