Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor (23093 Views)

How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor / Lagos Govt Releases Official Figures Of Persons That Died In Collapsed Building / Five School Children Rescued From Collapsed Building In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by CheGuevara101(m): 9:48pm On Sep 18, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad Only sand full their,no cement sad.

Contractor wey dem go release and doing the right thing

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Jayoficial(m): 9:48pm On Sep 18, 2020
Samsimple:
This country matter don tire me sef

You are not alone my brother, make we just sell the country give China

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by LadySarah: 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2020
They should deal with the contractor. They can build another house with the money gotten from your own stiil yet your own won't be finished.

Cutting corners just to make money while endangering ppls lives.

2 Likes

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by adeniyi997: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2020
Me
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by CheGuevara101(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2020
fineboynl:
was it a new building or old? igbo with this 6 flats on tiny land. because of the 6 flat trend. everyone want to have it on 4 flat budget.

Take that!

1 Like

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Golan007: 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2020
Made in Aba.
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Ezmans: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
Xucxex1997:
Anybody selling sub-standard goods=it won't be well for u
Anybody trying to economize while building a house for commercial use=it won't be well for u
Anybody that claims to be an engineer in building meanwhile the person has no or little experience about building a house=it won't be well for u

Finally may the soul of the deceased rest in peace and may God console their families....

FTC
Any government agency in charge of building standard who takes bribe instead of inspecting a building standard, it won't be well with them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by anonimi: 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad Only sand full their,no cement sad.

Contractor wey dem go release and doing the right thing

He will be released because most of us have no morals.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8917100_file577ba0662c663_jpega75dd3288fc902ecf4fdad92b09e4783

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by anonimi: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
Golan007:
Made in Aba.

Did you say that for the collapsed buildings in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
ewuu, azikiwe asa by ngwa road, Rip to the dead.
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Golan007: 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2020
anonimi:

Did you say that for the collapsed buildings in Lagos?

You mean the Aba made buildings?

Seems you are from Aba...

grin
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Lamasta(m): 11:53pm On Sep 18, 2020
May the souls if the deceased rest in peace...
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Smartgeek(m): 12:03am On Sep 19, 2020
Na wah o. May God protect us.
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by shaggy007(m): 3:09am On Sep 19, 2020
TheSERAPH:

This life is spiritual, no amount of arrest can

awake the dead from the grave. The death of the

young men came suddenly and caught them

unaware and unexpected. No one knows who is

next, no one knows when they will die. Heaven

and hell is real. Be prepared people for the soon

coming of our Lord Jesus Christ

#GODHaveMercy
#RepentHumans
#JESUSisComingSoon                 

This one na wannabe righteousness89

6 Likes

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by johnnychuks(m): 6:00am On Sep 19, 2020
this man call governor is funny, you are putting blames on people, what about your governments that encouraged substandard materials and refuse to provide external body to rescue the people that was trap before they give up their ghost.
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 19, 2020
Josnac:
angry
As bad as this news is, I need to point out that not all Building collapse is caused by substandard materials.

Those who are knowledgeable about building structures and the interconnection between structural elements will understand that a building can still collapse if a single beam is unhooked/tied to a column.

If this structure was being built with substandard materials, it will collapse up to the ground floor, but it appears that, being a two-flat structure, only one half of the building was in distress as a possible result of poor connection between horizontal ties.

There are so many things that could go wrong, the engineer may not even be directly responsible but people under him.
I've seen this happen, but it always lands on the head of the contractor/engineer.

May God grant the families who lost their loved ones to this disaster the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.
There was a day I asked my labourers to mix 11 headpans of sand and stone for a bag of cement only to come back an hour later and seeing these hips that are obviously more than the mixture, the color too was lighter gray and supposed to deem gray. I flared, they said the brother of the owner of the house asked them to mix it 20pans per bag, that that's how others mix and the houses hasn't collapsed either.
I left them to complete their work and when it was time to pay I asked them to go and meet the guy to pay them. I contacted the owner of the house and withdrew from the job.

1 Like

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 19, 2020
fineboynl:
was it a new building or old? igbo with this 6 flats on tiny land. because of the 6 flat trend. everyone want to have it on 4 flat budget.
Oga it has nothing to do with tiny land. If know nothing about Engineering then just read

1 Like

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by money121(m): 6:57am On Sep 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Benitoh: 7:23am On Sep 19, 2020
Died while on the hussle to pay the bills.rip
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Jakama90(m): 7:28am On Sep 19, 2020
Davicjoe:
Quack contractor
Who knows may b the owner of the building was even using low standard material.
Don't say that ..
You bought a land for a 100 million naira. And laying a structure on it: you are using low standard material. Who does that.
Everything is on the engineer
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by enex200: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2020
Really sad news meanwhile rightousnes89
Over to you
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2020
Who should be blamed now!.. contractor or owner of the building
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Miracle1991: 10:24am On Sep 19, 2020
Ipob are known for selling fake fake things. Now you can see the result. Who knows, maybe those ones that died were defending their brothers when ever we accuse them of selling fake products on nairaland.
Stop defending criminals,their actions and in action my end your loves one lives or even your life.
Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Jomandi13(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
jcmaiah:

There was a day I asked my labourers to mix 11 headpans of sand and stone for a bag of cement only to come back an hour later and seeing these hips that are obviously more than the mixture, the color too was lighter gray and supposed to deem gray. I flared, they said the brother of the owner of the house asked them to mix it 20pans per bag, that that's how others mix and the houses hasn't collapsed either.
I left them to complete their work and when it was time to pay I asked them to go and meet the guy to pay them. I contacted the owner of the house and withdrew from the job.
Very excellent decision you took.I am proud of you because your professional integrity is at stake ,if anything happens.you will be the one to take the blame not the brother.

1 Like

Re: Police Evacuate 5 Bodies From Abia Collapsed Building, Arrest Contractor by Jomandi13(m): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jakama90:
Don't say that ..
You bought a land for a 100 million naira. And laying a structure on it: you are using low standard material. Who does that.
Everything is on the engineer
Can’t the engineer or builder take a walk,is it by force to continue where you know that the client is buying sub standard materials or advising to do sub standard work in the name of cutting cost.....!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Estate For Sale In Port-harcourt, Rivers State, C Of O Available / ABUJA FCT PROPERTIES; SELLING Houses, Lands(CofOs)Katampe, Asokoro, Etc+PICTURES / Cost Per Sq M Of Aluminium Roofing Step Tiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.